• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

So no word yet on assists? We may be getting a tag fighter. I liked what SFxTekken eventually became but no assists would be a bit dramatic of a departure in my eyes for this series. Far more so than goin back to 2v2.

Not against it, just not expecting to play that when I hear MVC.

I look forward to a new vs title regardless.

shaowebb

Please give me assists at the very least.

Yeah without assists the strategies that made this series so alluring in team building will be lost. Even one assist is better than nothing. Personally I liked the speculation we had earlier this week of one partner assist, plusone character assist that could get locked out if its punished enough. Then you'd have team building off a partner with synergy but no shoehorning because of a bank of "anyone can choose" assists to add to any team.

No assists though...that means this woudlnt really be MVC gameplay based outside of licenses. Itd be something different entirely. Not necessarily something bad but not what people had waited for.

I'll play it no matter what though. I love fighters and I love crossover titles.

shaowebb

All I know is that I'll damn sure by an EVO 2018 set of tickets. Injustice 2 and MVC:Infinite together at the same EVO. All my comic books on one stage :D

jbug617

Banned
Season 2 Character Pass is out
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...2017/cid=UP0102-CUSA01200_00-SFVSEASN2017BUND

Contains 6 additional characters: Akuma and 5 brand new fighters join the fight! Akuma will be available 12/20/2016, followed by the additional 5 characters throughout the year. Each 2017 character comes with a Premium Battle costume with colors 3-10 unlocked. Additionally, Street Fighter® V 2017 Character Pass holders will receive an exclusive PS4 theme and default costume colors 3-10 for all Season 2 characters!

CO_Andy

more playable stages for MVC3 tournaments! GET HYPE!

According to KBrad's twitter Mika's been nerfed in the playable SFV PSX build. Wonder how good Gief is now?

Dahbomb

more playable stages for MVC3 tournaments! GET HYPE!

According to KBrad's twitter Mika's been nerfed in the playable SFV PSX build. Wonder how good Gief is now?
It begins....

Welp...start making your fantasy rosters folks! Its real!
No. I just want to see the game play mechanics (assists, DHCs, tag mechanics, Infinity stone mechanics, meter managements, hypers, control scheme etc). The roster will probably be fine especially if they already put MMX at the start. Seems at least the Capcom side will be very catered to fans so I am not at all worried.

Seyavesh

Wait till March when it hits PC. I guarantee you it'll get some fan work done to it. If there is an unpacker I guaran-fucking-tee you that I personally will be doin fanmod costumes. If full model swaps are available things will get really fun.

it's a mt framework game
there already is an unpacker
there are already model swaps and tools available for mt framework games

even editing effect coloring and shit is pretty well documented because they use RGB/CYMK and not just colored textures

shaowebb

I wonder if this means they can relist MVC2 and Marvel vs Capcom Origins on the old consoles?
EDIT: Wait...I also so Ironman in the cinematic fire some sorta wrist missile. Think he got himself an air Akuma Fireball or something?
it's a mt framework game
there already is an unpacker
there are already model swaps and tools available for mt framework games

even editing effect coloring and shit is pretty well documented because they use RGB/CYMK and not just colored textures

You must link me good sir to forums or places of knowledge for I need to do some modding.

Seyavesh

You must link me good sir to forums or places of knowledge for I need to do some modding.

there's no real combined resource or any decent tutorials, but the RE mod and DMC mod sites are where i learned how to screw around w that stuff since they're all MT framework

http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/index/
http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/

the unpacker you want to work with is sectus's ARCTool, found here:
http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ARCtool.rar

with .bats to drag the files on to unpack 'em here:
http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ARCtool-PC-batch.rar

though the .bat has to fit the game to some degree- you can usually try unpack using a .bat on the same version of MTframework as a game runs on but it's not guaranteed/produces questionable results sometimes

shaowebb

there's no real combined resource or any decent tutorials, but the RE mod and DMC mod sites are where i learned how to screw around w that stuff since they're all MT framework

http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/index/
http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/

0w5UAMX.gif

We in there. Can't wait till March.

Dahbomb

At this point I think the best case scenario for MvC:I is that it's more similar to TvC than SFxT. Curious to see if there's some universal air dash system or not.

I guess I missed it Marvel announcement, anyone care to recap for me?

umvc3 out on ps4 nothing changed except 1080 60 fps. Coming to x1 and pc later.

marvel vs capcom infinite announced. iron man, mega man, ryu, ms marvel shown. looks like 2v2 with some gameplay mechanic w/ the infinity gem. Also ultron w/ 4 eyes teased at the end. Gamplay of MVC:I after capcup tonight

Dahbomb

I guess I missed it Marvel announcement, anyone care to recap for me?
New game Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. For PS4, Xbox One and PC. Coming in late 2017.

*UE4 engine.
*They revealed Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Ryu and Megaman X. People are saying Captain America as well in other articles but I think they mistyped Captain Marvel (but he's going to make the roster anyway).
*Has Infinity gem/stone mechanic to replace X Factor.
*2v2 game play, no word on assists yet.
*Lots of modes and "huge" roster planned.

UMVC3 port for PS4, Xbox One and PC. PS4 port available today, others available in March 2017.

*No balance or netcode changes.
*DLC available in it (Shuma and Jill)
*New Gallery mode.
*1080P, previous slowdowns from combos, stages removed apparently.

SFV Season 2 announced

*Akuma trailer shown, looks boss.
*5 additional characters will be coming in Season 2. Their silhouettes have been shown but people don't know who they are.
*There's a new SFV version available at PSX, people are saying Mika is nerfed.

Skab

Were those infinity gems tho

If so worst possible outcome

Yes. Works differently than youre thinking though.

You pick one at character select, activate once per match. Think of them more like picking an assist style, or picking how your xfactor works.

It begins....

No. I just want to see the game play mechanics (assists, DHCs, tag mechanics, Infinity stone mechanics, meter managements, hypers, control scheme etc). The roster will probably be fine especially if they already put MMX at the start. Seems at least the Capcom side will be very catered to fans so I am not at all worried.

A small part of me is worried that they'll seriously diminish the vertical aspect of the game and turn it into something that pretty much stays at or below normal jump height.

Line_HTX

OK, they'll take away the slowdowns, but won't bother with netcode?

At least people can fight on that night stage with all the lasers in the background. That is true bullet hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom