• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Sonic Fox could easily win if it's a new game. Yipes kinda takes time being good at a fighter. Maybe he will only challenge after he is sure.

Same for taking on someone like Marn. Marn will probably whoop Yipes out of the gate.

LMAO @ changing them diapers.

Sonic Fox could easily win if it's a new game. Yipes kinda takes time being good at a fighter. Maybe he will only challenge after he is sure.

Same for taking on someone like Marn. Marn will probably whoop Yipes out of the gate.

It could be the first real grudge in MVCI and that sounds good to me

Took Yipes 7 or so years to start losing in grand finals in Marvel 3

Dahbomb

It could be the first real grudge in MVCI and that sounds good to me
Yeah way too much softness in Marvel FGC in the latter years. I blame SF going Eeeeeee sports.

The last real grudge was KBR and FChamp. I bet FChamp wants to whoop KBR in Marvel Infinite for sure. It's too bad KBR doesn't ham it up more.

pizzacat

Banned
Yeah way too much softness in Marvel FGC in the latter years. I blame SF going Eeeeeee sports.

The last real grudge was KBR and FChamp. I bet FChamp wants to whoop KBR in Marvel Infinite for sure. It's too bad KBR doesn't ham it up more.
What makes you think kbr can afford a new copy of mvc i

That was a good grudge. I'd love to see them go at it again in Infinite.
I wanna see a Champ/ChrisG rivalry again.
I wanna see ChrisG/Justin.

Infinite's gonna be fun to watch.

Yipes on Team Duc: "I would rather fight this than Morrigan Doom"

Also says he'd rather fight Spiral lockdown than Strider/Doom lockdown. This is right after showing the footage of his evo 2005 loss vs Duc.

Edit: Man even Lando is in the chat now

Line_HTX

The King of Iron Fist Tournament Globals bodies Capcom Cup in every facet of the event. There's no comparison, just Triple Perfect Matches every time.

6aRBX8Z.png

The King of Iron Fist Tournament Globals bodies Capcom Cup in every facet of the event. There's no comparison, just Triple Perfect Matches every time.

6aRBX8Z.png

The only thing CapCup has over KoIF this year is that at least Capcom unveiled a hype character(Akuma) where as Bamco unveiled...the bears.

Line_HTX

The only thing CapCup has over KoIF this year is that at least Capcom unveiled a hype character(Akuma) where as Bamco unveiled...the bears.

I will admit, that was absolutely lame. I really hate the bears. I was as pissed as Aris at the end, thinking I stayed up until 4 AM for a shitty alternative announcement.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tekken championships shat over Capcom Cup for me. Matches were way more intense and interesting and Aris's humour helped out a lot. To be honest the dry commentary these days of anything isn't doing much for me anymore. We need some more personality and something that any random person off the streets can tune in and even though they have no idea what the hell is going on they can laugh and even relate to some of the things the commentator says. Aris really knows how to do that.

Kalamari

Kuma and Panda announcement was pretty stupid, although Panda's rage art was pretty cool.

Iron Fist Tournament vs. Capcom Cup is an 10-0 matchup. I wish they would give an release date already, this is starting to get ridiculous. Tekken players need sufficient time in order to schedule their vacation time.

Tekken championships shat over Capcom Cup for me. Matches were way more intense and interesting and Aris's humour helped out a lot. To be honest the dry commentary these days of anything isn't doing much for me anymore. We need some more personality and something that any random person off the streets can tune in and even though they have no idea what the hell is going on they can laugh and even relate to some of the things the commentator says. Aris really knows how to do that.

I just think production was better. They placed a lot of emphasis on player introductions and cool little details like that. Meanwhile Capcom Cup only had the little clips of player interviews and the player intro graphics. Plus the venue served to fit the event better. Esports arena didn't really feel all that important.

The top 8 of Capcom Cup also had no crowd audio apart from David saying "let's go rickayyy." The matches only featured 1 stage and as much charisma Mike Ross has, he doesn't really hype things up as much as the Pride lady. With voice actors and pride lady doing introductions, the event feels more special.

Red Bull Kumite is still the best event in the fgc. There is a lot of personality in that event.

edit: I'm also a sucker for the arcade cabinet tournaments. It just makes the tournament feel more legit for some reason as opposed to a console making it look like a standard set up in someone's basement. That's just me though.

Kalamari

Evo and Capcom Cup have fallen into the trap of eSports production and sort of lost their identity as a result. In a time where peopleare cord cutting and ESPN is losing viewers, I feel like their grasping onto television media a little late, at the expense of what makes the tournaments so entertaining. Why not devote their energy to avenues of exposure which are growing rather than shrinking and building their own niche, rather than becoming just another vanilla eSports broadcast that looks like any other.

Kudos to Namco for doing it their own way. When you aren't constrained by outside forces, you have a lot more freedom to make something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom