• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Pompadour

From the FGC? I'm not feeling it yet. Like GAF is gonna yell BOMBA and shit on it and that's whatever. I don't care much about GAF. I care more about the general FGC giving Capcom benefit of the doubt while this is going on.

The FGC liked SFxT and SFV at launch, too. I can definitely see the FGC turning on this game in the next few months, especially around the time DBF releases. It's not guaranteed or anything but the FGC liking a game at launch doesn't mean a lot to me.

The FGC liked SFxT and SFV at launch, too. I can definitely see the FGC turning on this game in the next few months, especially around the time DBF releases. It's not guaranteed or anything but the FGC liking a game at launch doesn't mean a lot to me.
I doubt the arrival of DBFZ will affect MVCI in the FGC.

Unless Capcpom do something equivalent to SFV Season 2 for this game, I don't really see the opinion on this game changing much.

Dahbomb

FGC will turn on the game if/when the tiers and teams get stratified and Capcom's balance patch makes things worse.

We are still well in the exploration phase of the game and stuff is figured out daily. That's enough to keep things interesting for folks in the meantime. And then we have DLC characters coming at a fast clip so there is stuff to look forward.

After Battle of the Stones who knows how things will shake out with the game. Like of course this game will be at EVO and will do well there but beyond that who knows.

Edit: And just as I make the post... Capcom announces DLC characters for $8...

MechaX

I can't even front at that price; I would still shell out that much for a unit in Gundam, so I am a part of the problem.

Dahbomb

I can't even front at that price; I would still shell out that much for a unit in Gundam, so I am a part of the problem.
I mean if I see an Arksys fan here talking shit about that price considering that is the company that started this $8 nonsense...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
8 bucks is a fuck ton for a character, that character better fucking have 8 bucks worth of effort put into making them

Terumi is probably the one 8 buck character I would say wasn't worth the 8 bucks

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I remember old BB characters back in CS days were $8 each.

They still are that's arcsys character pricing.

Though on the flip side of all that they typically give you a majority of the dlc characters free when the games first come out and you are typically only paying for 1 for 8 bucks if you have to pay for any.

6 characters for 8 each is kinda crazy lol

If the spacing is far apart it wont be too bad but if they release them all up front it's not a good look

CP had 1 8 buck character you bought the other was free

CF had 2 8 buck characters you bought, seperated by 10 months almost that was part of a free version update

CS is the one with the most you had to buy at 3 and they were 2 months apart and 7 months that was part of a free version update

6 characters for 8 each is kinda crazy lol

If the spacing is far apart it wont be too bad but if they release them all up front it's not a good look
While I'm not at all saying that 8$ isn't a freaking ridiculous price, the Season Pass does make it like 5$ per character. And considering that unlike SFV, you actually get half the characters at the same time then it's not too tough to just wait for reviews/impressions before buying it.

While I'm not at all saying that 8$ isn't a freaking ridiculous price, the Season Pass does make it like 5$ per character. And considering that unlike SFV, you actually get half the characters at the same time then it's not too tough to just wait for reviews/impressions before buying it.

This is making Ultra/Super editions look good because this would just be a 15 dollar upgrade

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Most people dont like missing characters on their roster so they are gonna bite down on the season pass anyways. They might as well not sell them for 8 each at all because all that is is them being scummy and rigging the single character values so you want to drop 30 on the season pass

Dahbomb

If you buy a character for $8 and they become your main and you get years of play out of then is it still overcharging?
What if you buy them and you never play them again?

This is a terrible argument you are trying to bring up here. Like the for analogy was bad enough but you don't want to go down this route.

vg260

If you buy a character for $8 and they become your main and you get years of play out of then is it still overcharging?

If you could have gotten the same results at the prices they used to charge and prices that others similar games do, then yes.

tI5Eu6F.png

Whenever you're in trouble Tekken will save you

From the "Liam Robertson on what happened with MvC:I" thread

a lot of the people who defend Capcom FG's are just ridiculously asinine it's impossible that they exists. I try not to get roped in these conversations because it's like trying to explain left and right to a blind man.

Zissou

I enjoy some Capcom games and I'm enjoying the hell out of infinite but I'm not gonna defend Capcom's business practices at all.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Man I really hope the final build of BB cross doesnt start you with 3 supers and that the assist bar refils a lot slower, that or make it so the diamonds earned from using assist takes 2 assist for 1.

Unless this is a 2 round game then the assist stuff is fine but the supers still need to be cut back they do hella damage

Tripon

What, marvel was basically dying from 2015-2016 It wasn't until intense recruiting and participation from marvel leaders that it had a mini revival.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What, marvel was basically dying from 2015-2016 It wasn't until intense recruiting and participation from marvel leaders that it had a mini revival.

They should have let the scene just rock with MvC3 for a bit more and ride the rerelease sell trickle

Top Bottom