• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

shaowebb

would you say it stinks

Nah. Just confuses me why they went snes but didn't actually go on level with even something as low end as Fatal Fury in terms of quality. Especially given they are former SNK. Though the SNK bad ENGRISH dialogue is definitely intact. Unholy Night has some incredibly unintelligible story peppering its intro and various between match dialogue.

Unholy Night's Engrish in action

There is a rumor between in those living in the battle of Dark-side
"Coffin of strongest vampire in medieval, Katatonia had been carried out by someone"
For the reson to revival, he has moved into " Dragon Palace" to gather Dragon Aura.
Darkness Clan and Hunter...For each of their purpose, the quest of Coffin is now begin.

Not even joking here ...thats even how they misspelled "reason".

vulva

Interesting. If you met vulva you must be in the North East. Where do you live?

Take it up with the guys in Buffalo. I've never met you so all I can say for certain is you're a scrub & pompous.

I don't know anyone from Buffalo. I think I played one dude from Buffalo in one tournament back in 2009, though. I'm not a scrub since I don't think I'm particularly good by any stretch, though. Pompous is an interesting one.

Tripon isn't from the North East, we've met at various US tournaments. I live in LA at the moment.

Interesting. If you met vulva you must be in the North East. Where do you live?

Take it up with the guys in Buffalo. I've never met you so all I can say for certain is you're a scrub & pompous.

i've never met Vulva either, and i can say with certainty he smells minty fresh and has some decent-to-passable opinions on movies

since we've dropped all pretenses and all.

shaowebb

I'll give them props for making SNES homebrew since its extremely rare, but its fairly obvious what they should have went with.

Indeed props where its due. Not many will touch the older consoles these days. I see shmuppers do it on occassion but not much else. It just feels like it needed to cook a little longer to live up to their intent IMO.

I don't know anyone from Buffalo. I think I played one dude from Buffalo in one tournament back in 2009, though. I'm not a scrub since I don't think I'm particularly good by any stretch, though. Pompous is an interesting one.

Tripon isn't from the North East, we've met at various US tournaments. I live in LA at the moment.
I think he just threw a dart at the US map and went with that.

CO_Andy

There's a scientific explanation for ZTS' questionable behavior --

Screen%2BShot%2B04-10-17%2Bat%2B10.31%2BPM.PNG

"former SNK"

I regret not giving SFXT a fair chance. I played it for like a week and then I just stopped. The 2013 update was so good, but it was much too late. Was surprised to see that no one in Japan really played it, either. Daigo played the demo once and that was it.

Kumubou

If you were to ask me which game Capcom botched harder between SFxT and SF5... I'm not even sure. Although SFxT v.2013 is almost certainly miles more interesting in terms of the actual fighting (even if a lot of the SF characters felt like they were not readjusted all that well from SF4 to the new engine).

-----

In other news, Infiltration seems to be taking the L from ELeague pretty hard:
I am sorry guys, i just canceled my flight & hotel for NCR.
Because i am not ready to attending cpt events.
Hopefully see you guys soon!
He needs to stop losing at character select.

Sayad

In terms of mechanics, SFxT is a way, way better game than SFV. I need a PS4 rerelease but it's never happening :/

I'm curious about this, which mechanics were better?! Between the magic series bnbs, Cross Assault, Cross Rush, rolls, gems, auto combos, charge specials, alpha counters and panadora Capcom seemed like they just threw every idea they had at the game to see what sticks!

Only thing I really liked about that game is Tekken side of characters moves list, seeing long normal strings, a lot of unique normals and the lack of dependency on invul frames in special moves was a nice fresh change to the 2D fighting game formula, too bad it was covered in shit all around!

If you were to ask me which game Capcom botched harder between SFxT and SF5... I'm not even sure. Although SFxT v.2013 is almost certainly miles more interesting in terms of the actual fighting (even if a lot of the SF characters felt like they were not readjusted all that well from SF4 to the new engine).

-----

In other news, Infiltration seems to be taking the L from ELeague pretty hard:

He needs to stop losing at character select.

you seem rather interested in games you don't enjoy kumu

you gonna be watching SFV @ NCR this weekend, friend?

Pompadour

I'm curious about this, which mechanics were better?! Between the magic series bnbs, Cross Assault, Cross Rush, rolls, gems, auto combos, charge specials, alpha counters and panadora Capcom seemed like they just threw every idea they had at the game to see what sticks!

Only thing I really liked about that game is Tekken side of characters moves list, seeing long normal strings, a lot of unique normals and the lack of dependency on invul frames in special moves was a nice fresh change to the 2D fighting game formula, too bad it was covered in shit all around!

Yeah, this love of SFxT seems like looking on the past with rose-tinted glasses. Everything about that game was a mess aside from the crazy amount of content it had at launch (which still wasn't good enough for a lot of people). It felt like a well made Mugen game with a very nauseating color scheme. Plus, the animations were extremely janky which was compounded by the magic series making a lot of chains look like the characters were having a seizure. It may be the worst looking crossover game in Capcom history.

And even after the 2013 patch the game wasn't great, just presentable. It was still filled with lots of near useless universal mechanics and the much feared and maligned gem system didn't really impact the gameplay much. Really, the only mechanic I liked was cancelling moves into tag which allowed some pretty crazy stuff.

Like you said, the best part were the movesets of the Tekken characters.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Yeah, this love of SFxT seems like looking on the past with rose-tinted glasses. Everything about that game was a mess aside from the crazy amount of content it had at launch (which still wasn't good enough for a lot of people). It felt like a well made Mugen game with a very nauseating color scheme. Plus, the animations were extremely janky which was compounded by the magic series making a lot of chains look like the characters were having a seizure. It may be the worst looking crossover game in Capcom history.

And even after the 2013 patch the game wasn't great, just presentable. It was still filled with lots of near useless universal mechanics and the much feared and maligned gem system didn't really impact the gameplay much. Really, the only mechanic I liked was cancelling moves into tag which allowed some pretty crazy stuff.

Like you said, the best part were the movesets of the Tekken characters.

For a game that launched as a complete shitshow, they did turn around most of my issues with it, which they seem unable/unwilling to do with SFV. I know small groups that were running competition on it up until the release of SFV as well.

No arguing that it's visually even more jarring than KI

I noticed a correlation between when he started losing and when he started going bald. Similar to the results seen with MiniBossBattle, really.
Harsh!
Is SFV a good game if Diago is bad at it? You would think John Choi or Valle would continue to do well if it had the DNA of older sf games.

I don't hear footies as much anymore.

Killer Instinct is on sale again, with the Definitive edition on sale for 24$ on Xbox/ W10 US Store. Prepaid Xbox codes do work there, and the store is region free too.

Definitive Edition includes almost every character. Only characters not included are Kilgore, Shin Hisako and a 3rd character that's coming soon which will be a BRAND NEW character. Assuming a 5$ price for the three of them, that still amounts to a total of 40$ which is a VERY GOOD price for the game you get.

EDIT: It's actually 28$ for non-Gold members. You can get a 14-day Gold trial code for cheap and possibly save a buck or two here. DO NOT USE THE 48 HOUR CODE, IT DOES NOT GIVE DISCOUNTS.

Some recommendations here:

Major deal there. The game is super fucking good. Roster is great in both quality and size now. Online is so good that you can literally go from online warrior to tourney champ (as we've seen) from it. The in game dojo and information to teach you the ins and outs of every character is super detailed and very easy to find what you want the second you want it from the move list the moment you first play someone (right down to descriptions of armor and situational usage!). Bitchin soundtrack. Easy to pick up and get moving as its based on reads more than execution...very very low execution with all those mashable combos.

Game deserves all the love it can get. Soooooo good.
I've been playing a lot of Rash, Aria and Eyedol. Really feeling these dudes. I can rush shit down for days with them but the latter two also let me go nuts with zoning. :D

Killer Instinct just got the realest moveset ever.
oe16nYP.gif

Shin Hisako looks amazing!

• Long range normals
  • fastest dash in game
  • huge AA
  • huge hitbox moves in general
  • dash in moves that cause popups for easy combos and let you left right folks. In other words berzerker slash that you can either stop in front, or behind WITH a launcher tacked on
  • THE TRAIL BEHIND BERZERKER SLASH HAS A HITBOX. Try jumping or porting this and you can still get hit by her dash effects like a ghetto rapidslash
  • teleport dash that can port above folks for HUGE crossup play
  • enormous ability to travel full screen with special moves
  • restands
  • summon a spirit orb you can position. When Shin hisako hits it she can turn it into a large slow traveling projectile that beats EVERY PROJECTILE. Yes she can berserker slash through it to trigger the projectile on someone's left to move in and end up behind you after the berzerker slash move to left right you.
  • shin hisako can HOME in on a placed orb with her specials or dash. She can also curse someone so the orb stays on them no matter where they go. This can lead to her teleporting past or over attacks to hit cursed opponents.
  • the amount of orbs she can use before instinct runs out makes her pressure insane given that the orbs convert into projectiles that can be knocked into different angles of attack that allow you to both pressure from air or ground. Nigh unstoppable huge projectiles slowly following up anything shin hisako tries makes her very safe and dangerous pressure in instinct to face off against.
  • can cash out the instinct fast to summon hands that move along ground toward enemy to drag them to underworld meaning you could summon orb, berzerker slash through it, cash out on the opposite side with hands and then teleport dash above them to potentially go for both a left right crossup and grab.
This character is insane!

This has to be the best rushdown/all purpose moveset I've seen. Seriously...folks need to pick this Killer Instinct up and play it. Its even got money in its tournies and the online is good enough to play nothing but online and still have the skill transfer clean to real competitive play in tournies as several top players have shown.

Top Bottom