• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Was KOF XII worse than SF V?

Without a doubt it's worse.

There were almost game breaking bugs that were never fixed, the critical counter system I think was a poor system, and there were a lot of missing features. At least SFV had character story modes with endings. KOF XII's arcade mode was basically time attack.

Only thing going for KOF XII was the beautiful sprites that were zoomed in.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
SureJan.gif
5kTwlVP.jpg

Without a doubt it's worse.

There were almost game breaking bugs that were never fixed, the critical counter system I think was a poor system, and there were a lot of missing features. At least SFV had character story modes with endings. KOF XII's arcade mode was basically time attack.

Only thing going for KOF XII was the beautiful sprites that were zoomed in.

and... some good music

man fuck XII for real

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
1080p+ streams from now on. Thanks.

Combofiend at NLBC. Hmmmmmmm.

Evander Holyfield's son is at NLBC too. He watches it all the time.

I see you Yams.

shaowebb

Just got a GPD Win in so that while I'm stuck at work I can still produce photoshop, construct, unity, and blender content. Plus PC game. Gonna get this thing setup with steam and I'll check back in after trying UMVC3, some Poverty Fighters, Shmups, and Bayonetta on it.

So far. Not bad.

NEO0MJ

So we're about a third of the way into 2017. Do people here think Marvel Infinite will still come out this year?

It's very unusual for a fighter to have this level of silence in a release year. Maybe they're waiting to blow their load at E3 but if I was a betting man I wouldn't put money on it coming 2017.

Dahbomb

So we're about a third of the way into 2017. Do people here think Marvel Infinite will still come out this year?
I doubted it would come at the end of the year when it was first unveiled. Seemed like a weird date when they can just as easily release it beginning of 2018 right before the tournament circuit starts for the year.

It's more important that it comes out feature complete.

CO_Andy

Hmm, plenty of new fighting games that could take the much coveted fighting game of 2017.

ARMS, Tekken 7, MVCi, Injustice 2... this year is stacked.

I am finding it aggravatingly hard to pull shit off in Hyper DBZ on my DS4.. Ive tried both Dpad and Analog stick but some shit is just so hard.. Shit like a fireball is hard to pull off.

Is this cuz of the game, me, pinnacle (what I use to use my ds4 on my laptop), or some other shit.

I can do shit in SF3, SFV, KOF14, but cant here.

Dahbomb

Seems excessive to force the spin state after just one hit but I guess that's still infinitely better than the current system.

I see in another video you also made it so that TACs can be performed for 1 bar but cannot be countered. If HSD is not reset then that's also a vastly superior system though if HSD isn't reset then it's worse than the current system lol (because then people would just keep looping TAC combos in the air, build a bar and TAC again).

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I see in another video you also made it so that TACs can be performed for 1 bar but cannot be countered. If HSD is not reset then that's also a vastly superior system though if HSD isn't reset then it's worse than the current system lol (because then people would just keep looping TAC combos in the air, build a bar and TAC again).

That alternate TAC method doesn't reset hitstun deterioration like normal TACs do, but it's way too glitchy to be usable in a real match right now. Your character flat-out vanishes from the match with no one to replace him if you try to use it before you've called an assist. Also it completely halts your incoming character's momentum.

It might be able to be tweaked once somebody digs into the universal action animations and figures out how to edit that one, but I haven't touched that stuff yet.

Top Bottom