• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

pixelish

sako's daughter will be a top player 15 years later in sfxt 2

C4xZqnFUoAA7sr5.jpg

shaowebb

GPD Win requires a joystick driver update that I need to find. What it does so far is fine, but I can tell theres some input delay. I wouldn't recommend downloading with it and trying to game simultaneously lol. Frame drops abound.

It works great for art, and animation on the go btw. It handles blender well and is a great way to get some frame work in for me. Once I finish installing Unity and some other stuff I'll restart and update my drivers and do some more testing. With unity, construct, skullgirls, and a bunch of other shit downloading though it made UMVC3 run laggy as fuck. Definitely a one thing at a time portable device.

The testing continues. I guess later I'll retest UMVC3. Maybe do some Dolphin TVC. Definitely do some Skullgirls and probably do some old school stuff like Sonic the Hedgehog and KOF older titles. BTW the HDMI-c port is great for the projector idea I had. When it arrives I'll hook it up and test delays further.

EDIT:
Okay, Skullgirls will run on anything. Plays fucking fantastic.

Beckx

Any streams/vids of sets on older games? "Older" meaning anything earlier than the current tournament games. Bored at work.

use the search thread feature for posts by Tizoc, or just search back pages til you find his post from Monday. Tizoc links old game sets every monday.

sako's daughter will be a top player 15 years later in sfxt 2
My son learned how to move back and forth, jump, and morph Valkenhyn into a wolf last month.

I am going to get him into Osu to start training his reaction times - he already knows to tap on touch screens if something is colorful or stands out.

ShinMaruku

My son learned how to move back and forth, jump, and morph Valkenhyn into a wolf last month.

I am going to get him into Osu to start training his reaction times - he already knows to tap on touch screens if something is colorful or stands out.

You doing the Steph Curry method. Good, good.

shaowebb

Here's hoping the japanese TVC event is leading up to a switch port announcement. Would LOVE for that to get a second chance. Especially with decent online.

Here's hoping the japanese TVC event is leading up to a switch port announcement. Would LOVE for that to get a second chance. Especially with decent online.

For me, I think the issue would still be fight sticks - who wants to invest in a system with only one fighter?

shaowebb

For me, I think the issue would still be fight sticks - who wants to invest in a system with only one fighter?

I'd rather see it ported to a system where people'll play it.

Yeah this. TVC needs to be on PS4/PC for it to get some widespread exposure.

diluting MVCi sales wouldn't be wise

You say these things as if I'm not aware. I know. If that thing was built using what I believe they used though a Nintendo console might be the only way to remaster it unless it got some serious push and a whole new ground up do over. That thing was made on a frankenstein of tools put into place over top of an engine they had from a long time ago. Even the way it handled shaders was completely backwards. A lot was unique to it and Nintendo's stuff interacting.

If they did do it over a lot of things, including some character stuff involving animations, lighting, and other stuff would likely need completely recreated from scratch. It'd be a costly rebuild...especially with all those licenses. I'm not even certain they could just dump animation files into new models and rigs like normal for a remaster given how that thing was made. Moving it may lose most everything.

I want it for PC personally, but if all the stuff I've seen on this title are true...it'd be Nintendo or nothing again for UAS to return. I see that as more likely than a full sequel happening at this particular moment given the Capcom landscape.

I'm a TVC fan. I still see it as only something that could possibly come back via some form of Nintendo hardware so that they could reuse some of what they made with their stuff instead of losing it. If I were to dream big though...PC with GGPO and the scrapped characters they planned.
And Karas health back, and no lag on fire stage, and the glitches fixed, etc etc

Top Bottom