• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Dlent

Feels weird realizing that I would be totally okay with them making an entirely new Playstation Allstars. That game was bad for a lot of reasons that aren't the roster, but I think there's a much stronger roster potential now than there was in 2012(?).

Gravity Rush(I know that DLC existed, it was just after everyone had abandoned the game), Demon's Souls/Bloodborne, Nioh, Horizon, Yakuza, Persona(unlikely, but you never know).

Numb

There's always Playstation Allstars Battle Royale and Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion.
Tbh I played all those
Ofc Smash can't even be reached by them
Even played the Kung Fu panda Smash clone
What a piece of flaming diarrhoea

Dahbomb

I just heard there was some "controversy" over HungryBox laming out some folks in Melee over the weekend...

LOL WHAT? People getting salty over the EVO champ playing to win? GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE SON!!!

James Chen's response: "Don't hate the player... hate the game."

Numb

Lupe on mic at NLBC
full

Alchemy

I just heard there was some "controversy" over HungryBox laming out some folks in Melee over the weekend...

LOL WHAT? People getting salty over the EVO champ playing to win? GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE SON!!!

James Chen's response: "Don't hate the player... hate the game."

At least they weren't watching Brawl

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Smash is like the new Marvel in terms of blow ups. There is always some kind of drama every week. When infinite comes out it should take the crown back.

Tripon

Ben Pack, the new Giant Bomb hire seems at least understands some of fighting games. He was talking about Guilty Gear Xrd, Rev and Rev 2 on this week's bombcast.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
These guys are just discovering how top tier wawa is. I wish I had one closer to home. Best drinks and their food is better than any fast food.

pizzacat

Banned
Ben Pack, the new Giant Bomb hire seems at least understands some of fighting games. He was talking about Guilty Gear Xrd, Rev and Rev 2 on this week's bombcast.
They were talking that and quake in the same segment

Finally bombcast is talking about the good games for once

Hella nerds in the actual thread were depressed that they were talking about fighting games for 10 minutes :(

Line_HTX

GB is one of those big media places that finally gives FG's proper coverage, huh. Maybe not in writing, but at least in talking about it.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Gerstmann's been interested in fighting games pretty much since forever, but idk if he ever pushed past 'watching evo once a year' in terms of how closely he followed any particular game. Giantbomb also had a decent interview with luffy after he won evo.

I've recently read about the importance of designing fighting games around console controllers since most fighting games are utilized on that platform.

This was mainly talked about with Infinite, but I'm still not sure exactly what it means. I just know Capcom said they wanted to make the game's layout so people won't feel like they need an Arcade Joystick to play efficiently. I don't recall the previous layout for MVC3 really making a difference either way, since there were great players on both ends.

We know Street Fighter is generally designed with the classic Arcade layout (six buttons), and KOF, Tekken, and GG basically have retained the same layouts forever. What games can really be classified as being designed specifically for console Gamepads? I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to understanding this stuff, so I need some expertise.

Top Bottom