• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

CO_Andy

ZTS' humor is on point today

first he calls Vulva smelly and then he calls Max a white supremacist

LOL
why aren't you guys laughing?

Negaduck

i didn't know big flashy supers weren't marvel anymore

I'm just being silly.

Although it's not really game play. I'd call it in game footage since the clip starts after the Super has hit the opponent and is the canned animation.

Lol but who cares rocket looks awesome and it's going to be super interesting to see how much or the kit relies on groot (what if this is for groot as a character instead of rocket).

Or what if you could choose to have groot or rocket as the playable character and the other assists during gameplay. That could be cool to have two characters in one.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
JoJo ASB

Esidisi VS Annasui:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYG57BgqV6U

Not as many new vids coming out, so I'll dip into some nice older stuff.

The Annasui in this one is very adaptive and creative with his traps. Very useful if you were thinking of playing him yourself.

bought CvS2 on PS3. Im not very good at connecting moves. Is there lag on this ps3 version, or is this that different for KOF XIV that its hard to adjust to?

shaowebb

Just found out I dont have to spend $6k on my basement. Guess who just bought Pandoras Box 4s 2 player arcade stick ?
mah 2 player arcade 680 in 1 stick said:
GFDhcp4.jpg

3BTotHx.jpg
Im gonna try to build a nice stand for my spare monitor and speakers with a table for the stick like this guy did.
instructables arcade said:

Neat thing is I got a build with 8 buttons instead of the 6 button layouts normally on ebay and its built with a PC/360/PS3 compatible pcb. Since I'm putting this layout up right next to my computer I can easily run HDMI from my PC to the cabinet's monitor so when I want to play my steam account on the arcade cabinet I can. Im gonna have Marvel vs Capcom Infinite on an arcade cabinet now!

After working 70+ days this is a nice way to end things in the upcoming weeks.
Treat Yo Self.

PS. Can't wait to rock out with some Progear and Esp.Ra.De on this. Certain bullethells are haaaaaaaard to acquire sometimes. Life is good.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Watching streams in VR = S+ tier

I watch a lot of movies myself. I wouldn't call most of them garbage since they were something entertaining here and there about but definitely not too memorable. Takes a real good movie for me to remember it these days.

shaowebb

Just catching up on Injustice 2...wow. Theres assists as modifiers! Some of cast not playable like Blackfire!
EDIT: Lol! Darkseid's air stomp is a jumping LOW attack and he can do it straight outta air teleport. Considering he has a similar jump in drop kick that is not a low I can get sooooooo many mixups off of a full screen rawdog teleport. Plus he has Zod minions.

Kumubou

i dont remember if ive seen competitive fuc or just combo vids but im ready for some archer juggles/infinites
I kind of wish the damage in F/UC was toned down a tad because the game has some dumb as fuck setups and mixups that aren't seen a ton because you may as well just kill them. Even the neutral is all jacked up as the mechanics in general are... quite special. It's from the same developers as MvC3, what else would you expect? :V

shaowebb

Yay! Green Arrow got a teleport arrow and a bolo arrow for powers! Those will be fun. Especially if I can work in either with an assist. Plus they fixed electric arrow so you can really juggle with it, gave him damage, gave him longer range strings, gave him a MB boxing glove ammo thats plus on block, hits hard and is fast, the ability to dash during shooting stances and the ability to stow arrows. All that plus new launchers! This dude is gonna be super fun this time around. Maybe I'll get to use him longer now.I'm betting I can make up some wicked combos by stashing a MB arrow and having boxing glove on deck mid juggle.

Rhapsody

Banned
I kind of wish the damage in F/UC was toned down a tad because the game has some dumb as fuck setups and mixups that aren't seen a ton because you may as well just kill them. Even the neutral is all jacked up as the mechanics in general are... quite special. It's from the same developers as MvC3, what else would you expect? :V

Still one of my favorite kusoges. I remember not liking this game too much on release, but then I learned to embrace it... If only I was better. But I'm sure if I did, my wrists would not have survived.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Infilitration is using Karin. Hmmmmm.

Good to see him really happy. Haven't seen him this happy in a long time. If he's motivated he might even win EVO again.

shaowebb

I can't wait to build this arcade case for this pandoras box4s and add on my steam account with my pc in the build. Even added a raspberry pi 10k retro thing for more titles.

Big thing will be mvci on a cab. My current mvci plan is this.
shaowebb said:
So excited. It isn't a VS game without some stupid stuff IMO.
If rocket raccoon still has traps and tleports I can easily couple him with Ultron and his stones, tags and the space stone to push pull folks to break shit. Currently it's my top prospective broken pairing idea.
RR/Ultron+space stone will be glorious.

CO_Andy

Garou Mark of the Wolves is a lot of fun but please never play this game with a dualshock 4

Overrated piece of shit controller
it's a good general controller, but i wouldn't recommend it for any fighting games that require diagonal input

now the Switch Pro Controller and the Xbox S-Type... those have dpads built for fighting games

Dahbomb

People seem hype for Tekken 7. What makes it interesting to someone who doesn't generally care for Tekken?
The normal crop of fighting games aren't cutting it for some. Plus 3D fighting games in general have been very rare as of late.

Graphics aren't bad unlike other games neither are the animations. Slow motion is a nice gimmick to add flair to the game.

Though this is probably one of those FIFA type situation where you ended up skipping a few Tekkens (like T6 and TTT2) then want to come back and see how things have changed in that time. T7 in particular has been in the minds of the FGC for a really long time, game was being played at EVO without even a console release.

If you don't care for Tekken then you probably won't care for T7.

Skab

I really recommend staying at he main venue. When I went, I posted on SRK asking if anyone who already had a room wanted a roommate to save on costs, and I got an offer right away. We split the room evenly, I slept there and nothing else, and I was happy with my decision. There's something magical about waking up in the morning, taking an elevator downstairs, and seeing setups everywhere. Like Christmas.

This is absolutely what I would want to do, but unfortunately I haven't had any luck finding a room there.

Really wish I would have known that I would be able to go much sooner :[

Anime cures baldness.

People seem hype for Tekken 7. What makes it interesting to someone who doesn't generally care for Tekken?
It's the same stuff, and like usual people who will never play it past the first week are hyping it up.

Tekken fans will love it, and the rest will go back to complaining about how there are no good fighting games amidst the second golden age.

This is absolutely what I would want to do, but unfortunately I haven't had any luck finding a room there.

Really wish I would have known that I would be able to go much sooner :[

Sucks. :(

Top Bottom