• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Numb

that new page smell

new page smell
page smell

sza128t.gif

stn

Do you guys know where I can find a link to fighting game renders? I'm trying to re-do my Youtube banner and would like to include KOF XIV and some of the newer SF5 DLC characters. Thanks!

Numb

I'm pretty sure he doesn't like Aquapazza, as even he's rolled his eyes when I've started going on about that game.
To be fair, so does everyone else in this thread.

I played with my friend on his copy and used that grappler redhead. So much fun
But no one even knew it existed

shaowebb

Shaowebb gonna shaowebb
Shaowebb praises everything. There isn't a game he doesn't like.
We should strive to be like him i say
I focus on the things I love and I am mainly in love with game design. Especially in action titles and fighting games. If a game has nice stuff I'll praise it.
I do what I can to remind folks of how to enjoy stuff in games instead of falling into the never ending forum goer cycle of being so critical that you only see the bad. Lots fall into that. I try to snap folks out of it. :D
He doesn't like SFV I think.
That should stand as a measure for something.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't like Aquapazza, as even he's rolled his eyes when I've started going on about that game.
To be fair, so does everyone else in this thread.

Yes and yes. I tried. Really tried but I couldn't. SFV is super restrictive and I've never been down with the SF art aesthetic since 4. I didn't care much for 4 either honestly but I found the changes in Ultra interesting to say the least. Still...I'd rather play KOF for that sorta stuff.

Aquapazza ended up on my nope list because of the negative emotion system. Playing defensive shouldn't be a negative thing. I get it tries to force you to play a certain defensive tool to avoid the penalties if you wanna play defensive but it just forces folks to use a tool that just feels forced in and of itself. Matches become runaways. I'd forgive it if the movesets themselves were a bit more adventurous but its all pretty vanilla. Just felt like a game with designs that punished players for what should be proper defensive reads.

Unholy Night is looking like one I may not like too for the same reason of being overly vanilla.

I love game design...if a game has self conflicting mechanics that punish players or too few exciting design elements then I probably wont like it I guess.

Kumubou

I played with my friend on his copy and used that grappler redhead. So much fun
But no one even knew it existed
You got yourself a girl with some b u t t o n s:

She's a really good example of how to make a grappler really fun to play as... but not against. Also a really great example of why you don't make S-tier grapplers in fighting games.

Aquapazza ended up on my nope list because of the negative emotion system. Playing defensive shouldn't be a negative thing. I get it tries to force you to play a certain defensive tool to avoid the penalties if you wanna play defensive but it just forces folks to use a tool that just feels forced in and of itself. Matches become runaways. I'd forgive it if the movesets themselves were a bit more adventurous but its all pretty vanilla. Just felt like a game with designs that punished players for what should be proper defensive reads.
Even the people who enjoy the game a lot don't like how the emotion system works, but it ultimately is what it is. It's like GG players complaining about things like Danger Time or YRC -- they're dumb, but you play the game as it is, not as you wish it was. (Ask about my made up patch list for Aquapazza!... Actually, don't.) It does suck to get severely punished for playing a situation seemingly correctly, only to eat a big ass damage and defense penalty because you had the nerve to block something. If it were up to me, I would probably have gotten rid of negative emotion completely and made it so that characters gained emotion when getting hit instead of losing it. The ~25-40% damage bonus when in high emotion is more than enough of a boost (never mind the extended damage potential from move property changes).

shaowebb

What's your favorite action game Shaowebb?

I'm a musou fan. Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate gauntlet mode was absolute bliss. Combat was more advanced in the One Piece/ Hyrule Warriors game but the level of content in WO3U and its incredible leveling system and weapon fusion/customization system eclipses the other musous that were close to it in fun for me.

Numb

You got yourself a girl with some b u t t o n s:

She's a really good example of how to make a grappler really fun to play as... but not against. Also a really great example of why you don't make S-tier grapplers in fighting games.

I saw some tourny footage after playing and was kinda taken back how hard she destroys people.Need a new game.
What do you mean never make S-tier grapplers? Make them so. Grappler mains want to be the best too!

When will they give em teleports into SPDs..

Top Bottom