• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 1-7 | And after 0-3, he has risen

Did anybody honestly ask the South Koreans about what they thought about NK shenanigans lately? Would had been interesting to hear how they felt.

If I was around them, I would had asked, heh. I know it all about games that weekend, but me and my buds talk world happenings and such during gaming sessions.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Did anybody honestly ask the South Koreans about what they thought about NK shenanigans lately? Would had been interesting to hear how they felt.

If I was around them, I would had asked, heh. I know it all about games that weekend, but me and my buds talk world happenings and such during gaming sessions.
I wonder what a Street Fighter from Best Korea would be like.

Start calling for the nerfs now, you will never get them!

So I've watched a few e-sports events (I don't follow any league or game closely at all) and I've seen players promote their sponsor without a problem even if a competing brand is sponsoring the league itself but the FGC suddenly decides it's not okay to do this out of the blue because of one tweet by Ponder.

I'll never understand why the FGC keeps shooting themselves in the foot.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
So I've watched a few e-sports events (I don't follow any league or game closely at all) and I've seen players promote their sponsor without a problem even if a competing brand is sponsoring the league itself but the FGC suddenly decides it's not okay to do this out of the blue because of one tweet by Ponder.

I heard that Fanatiq went so far as to talk smack about sponsors that were actually sponsoring Final Round.

vocab

Theres a difference between thanking your sponsor and plugging your promo code in the middle of a match/conversation.

I heard that Fanatiq went so far as to talk smack about sponsors that were actually sponsoring Final Round.

2dGRg.gif

Is this for real?

I only caught a small portion of what he said on stream but if that was the case he deserves whatever comes his way. I saw it as Spooky gets sponsored by MadCatz so no one else can promote any competing brand on something him and MadCatz are a part of.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Fanatiq has a history of inappropriately promoting his sponsor, and Fanatiq is not a exemplary case of a player promoting his sponsor on stream, even whether the sponsor is sponsoring the entire tourney or not. There's a difference between a plug and showing love, and what Fanatiq does.

Watch this video for a summary of what happened.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also Fanatiq is streaming right now, he's saying PDP doesn't pressure him to promote the way he does, never been told to practice or do well either. Title of his stream says he's still with AGE though.

RealTalk Natiq With That Post FR Assist // AprilFoolNatiq is Still with PDP/AGE
http://www.twitch.tv/mrfanatiq

jbug617

Banned
I only caught a small portion of what he said on stream but if that was the case he deserves whatever comes his way. I saw it as Spooky gets sponsored by MadCatz so no one else can promote any competing brand on something him and MadCatz are a part of.

He was trashing the Tritton headsets on the Funky P stream for no reason just to big up AGE headsets.

smurfx

get some go again
Fanatiq has a history of inappropriately promoting his sponsor, and Fanatiq is not a exemplary case of a player promoting his sponsor on stream, even whether the sponsor is sponsoring the entire tourney or not. There's a difference between a plug and showing love, and what Fanatiq does.

Watch this video for a summary of what happened.
fanatiq is obnoxious with all that constant plugging. although it is the fault of all the people that let him on stream to announce.

But if on the last time, if Spooky asked him to stop straight up for real, then he went ahead and then he kept on doing it, that's kinda disrespectful.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think he was ever on Sp00kys stream at FR. Sp00ky never mentioned it, and specified Stream 2, and I don't think anyone has shown that he was on Sp00kys stream. Not sure where that account originated from.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
OK can anyone confirm if Fanatiq talked shit about Madcatz tritton headphones while promoting his AGE ones? I had a friend tell me this went down but I've yet to see video proof of this.

If he did not do this and only promoted AGE on 2nd stream I honestly don't get all the people giving him shit.

You know how hard it is to travel to these events and do what a lot of these top players do. It's good to see an American company like PDP supporting Fanatiq, Chris, and Knives, etc. Does it really piss people off that much that the man is just trying to help push the name of the people that helped him so much.

I wish Madcatz were actively looking to sponsor a few top U.S Marvel players because it would really make their team godlike. Sorry to say it but the Japanese players that play Marvel and are sponsored by Madcatz can't really compete with the top tier U.S Players. (though to be honest they would have gotten that sponsored for their SF4 performances)

Actually, maybe the real Hori should do that haha. Would be a funny role switch. But, I know it's very very rare for Japanese companies to sponsor players.

jbug617

Banned
I don't think he was ever on Sp00kys stream at FR. Sp00ky never mentioned it, and specified Stream 2, and I don't think anyone has shown that he was on Sp00kys stream. Not sure where that account originated from.

He was only on the mic for Funky P stream during Curleh.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52344927]Too bad there's only 3 characters, and none of them are Solomon Grundy.[/QUOTE]
You're not going to stick with that character anyways.

Top Bottom