• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 30 - May 6

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Normal Person said:
No, I disagree.

v.s.

Triforce said:
Alright listen, heres the thing that I'm gonna say, lemme be real, this is real talk, now the thing is, back last year in 2005 when Mike Ross was on the East Coast he had a money match with EMP_desert_dick_sp00ky, now you might be asking what my point is here, but the thing with EMP is that it's not a talent agency, it's a BUSINESS. What kind of business you ask? But, MLG isn't trying to hurt the community, and I just want to protect the community. Listen, real talk, I didn't send anyone dick pictures and that picture CLEARLY had the arcs floor photoshopped into it, and yeah I might be a little off topic here but in the end I disagree with your point because listen, lemme axe you something...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hi. I work with a company that is licensed with both Capcom and MLG. I am not at liberty to speak about either company's business practices or licensing publicly. I just wanted to comment that the stream conversation going on right now is ridiculous. lol.

So just out of curiosity Marky Mark Man, do you know why Capcom games aren't in E-Sport leagues? And if yes then what is that reason. I would love to know because we've been left in the dark for years now.

And shout outs to LI Joe making $250 per day at work. Even if that's before taxes, that's a shit load to make in a single day. Dat $30 an hour job lol.

Joe works in construction, I'm guessing maybe he's a partner and not employee. Most likely family like uncle, or dad.

mannerbot

While I do think that there's an inordinate emphasis on "professionalism" in gaming/e-esports, it's pretty amusing hearing Triforce say that professionalism is overrated. Couldn't have seen that coming from someone that issues contracts printed on toilet paper!

So just out of curiosity Marky Mark Man, do you know why Capcom games aren't in E-Sport leagues? And if yes then what is that reason. I would love to know because we've been left in the dark for years now.

And shout outs to LI Joe making $250 per day at work. Even if that's before taxes, that's a shit load to make in a single day. Dat $30 an hour job lol.

There's this tweet back in March from Sundance:

https://twitter.com/#!/MLGSundance/status/184879542735867904

That might be the reason why.

There's this tweet back in March from Sundance:

https://twitter.com/#!/MLGSundance/status/184879542735867904

That might be the reason why.

I remember that, but I really want to hear from Capcom themselves. Honestly, they're the only ones that matter in this situation. Sundance blames the Cannon's and the Cannon's say "LOL, we have no power bro". So really, it's only Capcom that can clarify things, but they've stayed quiet about this all these years and it looks like they have no intention to ever speak about it.

I remember that, but I really want to hear from Capcom themselves. Honestly, they're the only ones that matter in this situation. Sundance blames the Cannon's and the Cannon's say "LOL, we have no power bro". So really, it's only Capcom that can clarify things, but they've stayed quiet about this all these years and it looks like they have no intention to ever speak about it.

capcom never says anything about anything and barely seems to acknowledge the FGC, unless it's to sell a product. They could be assisting in making this thing huge, instead we get cross assault.

Anth0ny

so let me get this fucking shit straight

Sega is bringing VF5 to Evo and putting 15k up for grabs. This game isn't even actually a part of the Evo roster. Not to mention Sega has been having serious financial troubles lately.

Cacpom. Evo was born from Capcom fighters. During the "dark years" of fighting games, Evo stayed strong and kept the Capcom fighting game brand alive. Now, Capcom fighters are far and away the most popular fighting games. Mr. Wizard is expecting over 1000 entrants for AE, Marvel and SFxT.

Capcom is the epitome of what is wrong with game publishers today. On disc DLC, retailer exclusive DLC, forcing you to buy a game to get an early demo of another game, forcing you to buy the real version of a game 8 months later... you name it. Morality aside, they're stacking that cheddar like no ones business, especially on fighting games.

You're telling me these scumbags can't even throw a fucking bone to the biggest fighting game tournament on Earth? A tournament that is ultimately a huge god damn Capcom commercial? That is fucked up. Mad respect to Sega, and Capcpcpcococm can eat a fat dick.

Capcom games are gonna be part of IPL, let's just hope that if they are running only one game they don't pick the terrible one.

Lulubop

so let me get this fucking shit straight

Sega is bringing VF5 to Evo and putting 15k up for grabs. This game isn't even actually a part of the Evo roster. Not to mention Sega has been having serious financial troubles lately.

Cacpom. Evo was born from Capcom fighters. Capcom fighters are far and away the most popular fighting games. Mr. Wizard is expecting over 1000 entrants for AE, Marvel and SFxT.

Capcom is the epitome of what is wrong with game publishers today. On disc DLC, retailer exclusive DLC, forcing you to buy a game to get an early demo of another game, forcing you to buy the real version of a game 8 months later... you name it. Morality aside, they're stacking that cheddar like no ones business, especially on fighting games.

You're telling me these scumbags can't even throw a fucking bone to the biggest fighting game tournament on Earth? A tournament that is ultimately a huge god damn Capcom commercial? That is fucked up. Mad respect to Sega, and Capcpcpcococm can eat a fat dick.

They already said they're giving away 500k, could be at evo could be at another event. I would surprised if some of it wasn't at evo.

Anth0ny

They already said they're giving away 500k, could be at evo could be at another event. I would surprised if some of it wasn't at evo.

I certainly hope so. Evo is a little over 2 months away, they should get the word out asap if that's their intentions.

Wolfkrone didn't body anybody? God damn Triforce.

Et9iQ.gif

Lulubop

Well the evo trailer was entitled round 1, I imagine them reveal the pots for the capcom games as the final trailer.

Top Bottom