• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 18-24 | Not holding breath for PSASBR2 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZD is trying to sell IPL for the simple reason that they can't see any way to make money from it. Why would an EVO league be any different?

Because they are not a corporate entity whose only purpose is profit?

You think if ziff Davis or whatever looked at evo's "books" and would conclude this is making alot of money?

I think the cannons do it first for the community with the aim to make it self sustainable and maybe make a little money.

I don't think they look at it as a pure profit venture.

So in that respect, I think if they thought it was a good idea, they could pull it off.

IMO .

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, I don't know what will become of IPL. eSports leagues are notoriously unprofitable and kind of started running before they knew how to walk. I can see them securing a buyer no doubt, but until they get as big as they aspire to be, I'm not so sure if they'll still be here 5 years from now.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Yeah, I don't know what will become of IPL. eSports leagues are notoriously unprofitable and kind of started running before they knew how to walk. I can see them securing a buyer no doubt, but until they get as big as they aspire to be, I'm not so sure if they'll still be here 5 years from now.

yeah I think IPL will be done within a year or so (or extremely scaled back on operation)

ZTS

Banned
The Run Back's Marvel has gotten pretty bad. You've got Infrit and a bunch of mid level players at best. The Break has more talent than TRB. All the SoCal talent just stays home and they keep the Marvel tech hidden. It's sad that mediocre Marvel pulls more than high level SFIV and Tekken.

The Run Back's Marvel has gotten pretty bad. You've got Infrit and a bunch of mid level players at best. The Break has more talent than TRB. All the SoCal talent just stays home and they keep the Marvel tech hidden. It's sad that mediocre Marvel pulls more than high level SFIV and Tekken.

It's not like SoCal has that much talent left anyway.......

Greetings!

I just finished two very short videos with a borrowed capture card/camera/PS3/game, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkkNC9WgSKk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuvBuazhLZ4

I have a question for you all: which camera do you like better, top or front camera?

Thanks in advance!

PS: video making tips are very, very welcome, I took too long to make those...

Test1 is the go from top. Also nicer if you move it into the middle of the screen and make it a bit smaller.

Nice quality on it.

sephi22

Anyone expecting current arcade sticks to work on PS4?
I just bought an Eightarc :(
Also have a TE in Dubai.

I'm assuming Madcatz gonna milk us with them next gen peripherals. Marky pls

Malice215

With how IPL runs events, I don't see how they would be profitable in the long term, so I guess Ziff Davis is trying to get what they can for it rather than keep it around for it to bleed money.

Anyone expecting current arcade sticks to work on PS4?
I just bought an Eightarc :(
Also have a TE in Dubai.

I'm assuming Madcatz gonna milk us with them next gen peripherals. Marky pls

Sony has already come out and said that DualShock 3s won't work on the PS4, but the console still uses USB so who knows. I'm just going to wait a few months before I make a purchase.

Old? Probably, but I don't care.

taterfiend__fighting_game_community_meme__by_unclebibby47-d5gml1m.png

mr. puppy

Banned
FGTV isn't putting youtube videos of that inhouse tourney they had on Wednesday? Nobody is going to pay for subscriptions to watch a few sets of that shit lol.

sephi22

Question for Beef and other beef aficionados.

I used to hate eating beef. I'm not even supposed to eat it (being a Brahmin Hindu), but I've had it a few times anyway. Some days I think its ok, some days I feel like throwing up (especially when its beef flavored cup noodles).

Well today I had a steak, egg and cheese sandwich from Subway and thought it was delicious. I think beef is growing on me, but its still unfamiliar territory.

Anyone got any suggestions for beef things I should try out? For certain reasons, I can't cook right now, so my options are only fast food and pre-processed shit like beef jerky or slim jims.

I've got access to a Subway, Wendy's, a Koren BBQ place, a Thai place, a Kebab place, Dominos, Pizza hut, Panda Chinese, CPK, Carl's Jrs., a Chipotle and a Burger King. Not the best choice in the world I know.

Jaxel

That's because last night or whatever on the OBS show, Jebailey said in the FGC, Florida isn't considered part of the East Coast, always doing their own thing separate from the Final Round guys all the way up the rest of the coast.

Well he got upset when I put in my video last week and listed him under east coast event organizers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I used to hate eating beef. I'm not even supposed to eat it (being a Brahmin Hindu), but I've had it a few times anyway. Some days I think its ok, some days I feel like throwing up (especially when its beef flavored cup noodles).

Well today I had a steak, egg and cheese sandwich from Subway and thought it was delicious. I think beef is growing on me, but its still unfamiliar territory.

Anyone got any suggestions for beef things I should try out? For certain reasons, I can't cook right now, so my options are only fast food and pre-processed shit like beef jerky or slim jims.

I've got access to a Subway, Wendy's, a Koren BBQ place, a Thai place, a Kebab place, Dominos, Pizza hut, Panda Chinese, CPK, Carl's Jrs., a Chipotle and a Burger King. Not the best choice in the world I know.
Find a gourmet hamburger place and go there. If you end up in a Chris G monastery, your in the wrong place.

alstein

That's because last night or whatever on the OBS show, Jebailey said in the FGC, Florida isn't considered part of the East Coast, always doing their own thing separate from the Final Round guys all the way up the rest of the coast.

The Southern scenes are at least as different as NorCal is from NoCal.

VA , NC, GA , FL scenes really love different games and have different vibes.

GabbyJay

Ben's Lens Ben's Lens Ben's Lens

Beef Bowls

Azure J

Revengeance color scheme might just be the best color scheme you've had on that avatar Enzo. Then again, I'm a sucker for some Blue, Black & Silver. *username quote*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom