• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 18-24 | Not holding breath for PSASBR2 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
HELLO FRIENDS,

I come to you from Antigua, Guatemala. I am about halfway through my trip. I saw most of the KOF cabs that exist in the world I am pretty sure. How are fighting games? I am so detached from the esports world (are we esports yet?) that even thinking about the concept of a hadoken makes my brain twist wildly with confused rage, or something.

Someone pls tell Aquasilk I love him. Talk to you in another month or so!

Regards,
Biblethump

Xevren

HELLO FRIENDS,

I come to you from Antigua, Guatemala. I am about halfway through my trip. I saw most of the KOF cabs that exist in the world I am pretty sure. How are fighting games? I am so detached from the esports world (are we esports yet?) that even thinking about the concept of a hadoken makes my brain twist wildly with confused rage, or something.

Someone pls tell Aquasilk I love him. Talk to you in another month or so!

Regards,
Biblethump

Haha, glad you're having fun on your trip!

I bought a TTC Noah shirt. I wear it to sex offender group therapy.

image.php

Ok Gems.

Jaxel

Hey guys, I just published a new video:

http://youtu.be/veeieuYBnD8

The Jaxel Power Hour - Episode 03
In this video, I discus "Why are 3D fighting games not as popular as 2D?"

If you guys like the video, can you please share it with others? tweet it out? send it in as news to your favorite fighting game websites?

Hey guys, I just published a new video:

http://youtu.be/veeieuYBnD8

The Jaxel Power Hour - Episode 03
In this video, I discus "Why are 3D fighting games not as popular as 2D?"

If you guys like the video, can you please share it with others? tweet it out? send it in as news to your favorite fighting game websites?
Eh, I feel like you missed the mark. If you want to argue the 3D vs. 2D field, you need to take on Seth Killian:
http://insomnia.ac/commentary/domination_101/2d_vs_3d/
http://insomnia.ac/commentary/domination_101/2d_vs_3d_seth_responds/

Seth successfully conveys why I enjoy 2D fighting games over 3D ones. Not to mention that all of the 3D games on the market have mediocre to awful character modeling, mundane movesets, and undergraduate levels of animation style. Soul Calibur is definitely the least bad of them all, though.

I actually disagree with nearly every point you make in your video, haha. Especially the instant gratification part. Or maybe I disagree with your opposition between "dexterity" and "mental acuity", as though 2D fighters are just lots of hand movements with no brain activity involved.

Infinite

East Coast doesn't actually mean East Coast really, it means the greater NYC area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Coast_of_the_United_States

The East Coast of the United States, also known as the Eastern Seaboard or the Atlantic Seaboard and commonly shortened to East Coast, refers to the easternmost coast of the United States along the Atlantic Ocean. The states which have shoreline on the East Coast are, from north to south, the U.S. states of Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.

Georgia is dirty south, plus wikipedia is not credible. Yes Florida is technically east coast, but most people differentiate the northeast and southeast. SEC country is like a whole different world compare to the rest of the united states.

Azure J

I never got the distinctions and specifications of the coasts myself. If California as a whole is West Coast, why we gotta divide up East Coast so much? (Granted, I kinda get that the souf wants to be souf.)

Infinite

Georgia is dirty south, plus wikipedia is not credible. Yes Florida is technically east coast, but most people differentiate the northeast and southeast. SEC country is like a whole different world compare to the rest of the united states.

If people want to make such distinctions it would be best to refer to the northeast area as the north east and the southeast area as the southeast. Saying florida isn't the east coast is factual incorrect and that's what im debating not whether or not fighting game community lingo considers it as such.

I knew someone would pull the "wikipedia isn't credible card."

Welp, back to fighting games and things that matter.

I never got the distinctions and specifications of the coasts myself. If California as a whole is West Coast, why we gotta divide up East Coast so much? (Granted, I kinda get that the souf wants to be souf.)

It's just the South wanting to be the South. EC and WC have more in common than the SEC regions.

kirblar

It's because the two big arcade scenes were (and are) NYC and LA due to the population density. So East Coast/West Coast in the FGC centered around those two locations.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's because last night or whatever on the OBS show, Jebailey said in the FGC, Florida isn't considered part of the East Coast, always doing their own thing separate from the Final Round guys all the way up the rest of the coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom