• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 18-24 | Not holding breath for PSASBR2 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't doubt that if you put in the time you can execute stuff pretty much just as well on a pad. But a stick just feels so good to play with for some genres. After I built a stick I found that I was getting into genres like fighters and SHMUPs that I never used to play. Now that's pretty much all that I play anymore.

Yeah, because I got a stick I started to play old arcade games like Contra and shmups and found myself a hell of a lot better on stick than I ever was with pad.

Yeah, because I got a stick I started to play old arcade games like Contra and shmups and found myself a hell of a lot better on stick than I ever was with pad.

Sorta the same here. I bought one of the versions of 1942 off PSN not too long after I got my first Madcatz stick because I wanted to relive all those childhood memories in Lazerstar playing that game.

Alrighty then~
YEAH, DOOMY, SHAKE DAT ASS!

If you missed it, here are nearly 10 hours of various Capcom fighting game footage, including Japanese MvC2, CvSNK2, Alpha/Zero 3, SFEX2+ and FUC-
Clicky~

3 HOURS OF BLAZBLUE CP!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfYQVIN2wos

90 MINS OF MELTY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky9aAaRHdvU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grkJr9sF67A

90 MINS OF GUILTY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMTzSDo1MuE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnqtUyUyaHs

Some 3S:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woX6H516Nn8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4qYjM_G4YE

Ah now I get it heh, I just don't associate eyebrows with 'anime look' often lol.

Friggin' brilliant.
I look forward to the disappointments after that event ends lol.

What's going to happen next week

- Beef is going to be on Chris G's dick
- Panda is going to be posting gif
- I'm going to be sad that the EC beats the WC and in Justin's performance
- Stabby is going to still say Norcal > Everyone (I think)
- Infinte is going to say NYC > WC.
- Rice-Eater is going to say "hey guys when's SF4?"
- CrimzonFlame is going to pop in and be like "what happened?"
- H3ro is going to post, and I'm going to reply to his post with FUCK THE KNICKS
- Scytheavatar is going to say something that makes no sense.
- Enzo is going to be Enzo. Whatever that means
- Kadey is going to make an excuse for her bad prediction.
- Dahbomb is going to be like SEE DOOM HM IS STUPID.
- God's Beard is going to say F.Champ still the best.
- And everyone ends up talking about DBZ again.
- Come Monday Parallax Scroll is going to post a FGTV link with Champ complaining.
- Lulubop is going to post a PR Balrog stream link with PR Balrog playing SFxT.
- Tizoc is going to come out of nowhere with a bunch of 3s links that no one watches.
- Solopowered is going to come in and say "hey when Skull girls?"
Edit: How do you use strike on this forum?

Any who ONE DOWN!

I see I haven't made a big enough impact on FGC-GAF yet according to Western's list :'(

I'll be the biggest Chris G dickrider come this weekend. You'll see, you'll all see.

What's going to happen next week

- Rice-Eater is going to say "hey guys when's SF4?"

Any who ONE DOWN!

You just described 2011 me. 2012 to the present me only cares about top 8 or if their are a lot of Japanese/internationals. I can't win against you minions anyways, "When's Mahvel" army is just strong.

Dahbomb

I also only watch the last day of Marvel usually top 16/top 8 action. Pools are essentially ROFL stomps in Marvel nowadays... as they should be. Top tier players shit on low tier players so bad it's usually a 3-0, 3-1 affair. Usually there are the few odd upsets or 2 big players going at it but it's not worth dedicating almost the entire day too.

I also only watch the last day of Marvel usually top 16/top 8 action. Pools are essentially ROFL stomps in Marvel nowadays... as they should be. Top tier players shit on low tier players so bad it's usually a 3-0, 3-1 affair. Usually there are the few odd upsets or 2 big players going at it but it's not worth dedicating almost the entire day too.

no way bro marvel is random

I-hate-u

Socal Regionals had some pretty entertaining pools.

Even you burned out on sf4.

Well it's been about 4 years since the game came out on console, even longer if you count the arcade release. I still enjoy playing and watching the game, but I can't just watch anything SF4 related nowadays like I could before. Low level SF4 is just unbearable, mid level is just not that entertaining. Only when you get to high or the highest is when it gets exciting for me. And the whole "we must protect this house" attitude that Americans and other countries have when the Japanese invade never gets old.

Winter Brawl isn't going to do much for me as far as SF4 is concerned, but I'll watch top 8. Final Round, I'll be there actually to compete in SF4 so I'm really pumped for that. I hope Japanese and other internationals attend so I can try to play and watch some of their matches, hopefully money matches as well. That was fun to do at EVO.

I tried playing stick for a couple months and couldn't WAIT to use a pad again.

QuitterLogo1.gif

Well it's been about 4 years since the game came out on console, even longer if you count the arcade release. I still enjoy playing and watching the game, but I can't just watch anything SF4 related nowadays like I could before. Low level SF4 is just unbearable, mid level is just not that entertaining. Only when you get to high or the highest is when it gets exciting for me. And the whole "we must protect this house" attitude that Americans and other countries have when the Japanese invade never gets old.

Winter Brawl isn't going to do much for me as far as SF4 is concerned, but I'll watch top 8. Final Round, I'll be there actually to compete in SF4 so I'm really pumped for that. I hope Japanese and other internationals attend so I can try to play and watch some of their matches, hopefully money matches as well. That was fun to do at EVO.

That's how I feel about most games, and that why a lot of people can't get into games like MVC2, CVS2, 3S, or even Melee now. Because quite frankly they just don't understand the high level play. Every fighting game has it's magical moments at the highest level where only the people who actually play it can understand. And that's why we play the game at a competitive level, because it just that damn magical.

I meant you saying "dick joke" as the actual joke itself.... instead of putting an actual dick joke there you just say dick joke. Which you have done before.

Now I dare you to respond to that and use dick joke more times than I used dick joke.

The Light

I need to get my stick modded for ps3. Think i've gotten to used to playing with my stick on arclive. I just can't get used to my ds3 anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom