• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 18-24 | Not holding breath for PSASBR2 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty much the same you just end up in up-forward which apparently Beef can't do.
It's weird too since I can apparently do Launch > Super with no real problems. TKs have never felt like a "natural" motion to me, ever since Turbo/Hyper Fighting. Fei's chicken wing motion is dumb too. Just make it a half-circle, there's no reason to do up-forward. HDR changing a lot of the motions was the best thing that Capcom never followed up on.

It's weird too since I can apparently do Launch > Super with no real problems. TKs have never felt like a "natural" motion to me, ever since Turbo/Hyper Fighting. Fei's chicken wing motion is dumb too. Just make it a half-circle, there's no reason to do up-forward. HDR changing a lot of the motions was the best thing that Capcom never followed up on.

Have you tried an octagonal gate?

I'm not going to buy a stick just for one character.

If it helps chicken wings it may help TKs as well. It helps me do 720s and also wave dashing in Tekken, so I think it's worth trying out if you come across it.

I don't think sticks make anyone better, I do think they make the games more fun.

I don't even know what move chicken wing is.
Fei's move where he jumps across the screen and does a somersault kick.
If it helps chicken wings it may help TKs as well. It helps me do 720s and also wave dashing in Tekken, so I think it's worth trying out if you come across it.

I don't think sticks make anyone better, I do think they make the games more fun.
I tried stick before and hated it. Again: I'm not going to buy a stick just for one character.

Fei's move where he jumps across the screen and does a somersault kick.

I tried stick before and hated it. Again: I'm not going to buy a stick just for one character.

I never told you to buy one. I'm just letting you know that there are other options if you don't like the default stick setup.

I never told you to buy one. I'm just letting you know that there are other options if you don't like the default stick setup.
...you're giving stick advice to a person who has no use for one, since I don't own a stick and have no desire to own one. I don't think you're getting this.
Steal one
Honestly, there are some people who deserve to have their shit stolen since they don't bother watching their own stuff at tournaments.

Beats

I switch between stick and pad depending on the game. Using one button dash is pretty useful in Skullgirls, but I end up losing an assist since there aren't enough buttons. But in marvel I can't ground dash well without the stick layout.

...you're giving stick advice to a person who has no use for one, since I don't own a stick and have no desire to own one. I don't think you're getting this.

Honestly, there are some people who deserve to have their shit stolen since they don't bother watching their own stuff at tournaments.

I don't think you understand that I'm not telling you to own anything.

I used to drive an hour each way to go play on those Tekken 5 cabinets at this mall. The thing would even move from standing to sitting positions. It was glorious.

We had some godlike T5 cabinets that you could sit down, insert your DualShock2(cuz I can't play Tekken on anything else), even put in a memory card, and just battle people for hours on Saturday. Good times...

I tried playing the PS1 version of Alpha 3 on a DDR pad one time for the fuck of it. I found out that funny things happen if you hold left and right at the same time.

(Your guy freezes in one frame of his walking animation and just glides forward)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom