• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 18-24 | Not holding breath for PSASBR2 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

alstein

...you're giving stick advice to a person who has no use for one, since I don't own a stick and have no desire to own one. I don't think you're getting this.

Honestly, there are some people who deserve to have their shit stolen since they don't bother watching their own stuff at tournaments.

No one deserves to have their shit stolen. Well, almost no one.

My school got mvc2 on launch day. After about a week someone broke open the cabinet and stole the board. The next day they had already replaced it (and padlocked the cabinet).

Huh.

The DDR pad story reminds me, would it be fair to call the Hitbox a success? I think it was still back ordered when I checked the SRK thread about a year ago, but I don't ever see any.

SIGGY PLS
issac.png

USD

My directional inputs are actually pretty sloppy on arcade stick (when I do Rekka, it comes out as a half-circle forward haha), but I enjoy it some much more, and I feel I do play a bit better overall. And in the case of SSFIV/SFXTK, I can plink far more consistently with stick. For me, it's more about the buttons than the lever, as my directional inputs are probably still a bit cleaner on D-pad.

Also, just hearing the rap of the buttons on stick is so satisfying. Now I habitually drum on the buttons when I do something clutch at the end of a round, haha.

Just watched that link from earlier about Brook Lopez saying he could bop Michael Jordan at Marvel vs Capcom.

I think Wizard should've arranged THAT high stakes money match instead of Siglemic.

Dahbomb

Just watched that link from earlier about Brook Lopez saying he could bop Michael Jordan at Marvel vs Capcom.

I think Wizard should've arranged THAT high stakes money match instead of Siglemic.
I support this 200%.

Although the level of skill would be worse than Andre vs CJ.

You know how competitive MJ is he probably win EVO too if you give him enough time to prep. Too bad EVO is like 5 months away if it was a year away I can totally see MJ winning Marvel.

I love crazy MJ stories like him losing in ping pong match once and going absolutely bat-shit and dropped everything to play ping pong just because he lost one casual ass match.

I support this 200%.

Although the level of skill would be worse than Andre vs CJ.

On Brook's part, MJ going to make Chris G look foolish.

Some MJ stories if you're bored and into basketball.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/18258767-579/50-memories-of-michael-jordan-as-he-turns-50.html

Dahbomb

He's not batman but he is Batman and Superman fuse into one. Whatever the fuck you call that. SuperBatMan.
Now I have heard everything.

Batman with Superman powers would be the most powerful entity in fiction. DBZ ain't got shit on Batman with Superman powers (well it doesn't got shit on Clark Kent Superman either).

Now I have heard everything.

Batman with Superman powers would be the most powerful entity in fiction. DBZ ain't got shit on Batman with Superman powers (well it doesn't got shit on Clark Kent Superman either).

I thought the Marvel guys had more bat-shit insane powers that deals with blowing up the universe and shit (recently listened to a podcast where it was confirmed they were doing drugs during that era). There's some bat-shit insane dudes in Wuxia lore as well I'm more familiar with that shit then comics.

Here it is.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/holly...s-podcast-the-secret-history-of-marvel-comics

Zukuu

Banned
So basically there are a heap of 1 frame links that shouldn't be there?
Yes. It can create entirely new combos. Matter of fact, when I wrote the Cody Combo Thread I already made use of it (Knife c.hp, Knife s.mp), without knowing the frames, I just thought it was a normal 1F link.

With Plinking you actually gain a 2F link. x)

It has to be digged deeper into which moves have that property, if it's any use for any character. The Guile combo, is probably the new best corner combo for him for instance.

Godlike video editing dude!
Cool stuff.
Thanks. Got a bit rusty. First project in like 3 1/2 years. Also first time using Premiere. While it has some nice features over Vegas, it's terrible in other aspects. I used like a trillion "titles" and had to create a new EVERY FRIGGING TIME >_> (I used the button "create new one using this as basis"). Why u no let me copy and paste? >_>

And I swear I had to look for 2 hours until I finally found how to change the "apply split" short cut. That is imo the most important and basic feature any video editor should have an easy short cut for. ^^

Cause he uploaded it then posted it here.

Gaf ex-ex-ex-exclusive

I posted in on SRK SFxT General discussion first, then sent it to EH (they need time to check the submissions), then on Gaf and lastly on Facebook. So ALMOST Gaf exclusive. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom