• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 19-25 | As Seen On WSHH

Azure J

What if Melee is in but finals are Saturday?

This would be such a huge high and low at the same time. Both Smashes showing up would be crazy hype, but after cementing itself as one of EVO's three Sunday finals gods with SFIV and Marvel, it'd be a bit of a downer for it not to show up then.

JeTmAn81

This would be such a huge high and low at the same time. Both Smashes showing up would be crazy hype, but after cementing itself as one of EVO's three Sunday finals gods with SFIV and Marvel, it'd be a bit of a downer for it not to show up then.

Ok, Smash 4 on Saturday then.

Anth0ny

What if Melee is in but finals are Saturday?

I think there would be some outrage ("Our game is bigger than most games at Evo, why aren't we on Sunday?"), but 1000+ players would still show up and it would still be a great tournament, I think.

I feel like that needs its own thread.

Why does the smash scene care? They bigger than evo anyways...kinda jealous of them.
The scene is made up of people, and those people want to play in the biggest international tournament in the world.

Edit: I am cool with Smash 4 or Smash Melee on Saturday.

Tripon

Why does the smash scene care? They bigger than evo anyways...kinda jealous of them.

There's always been sort of an acceptance issue with Smash and the larger FGC community. It forced Smash TOs to organize separately for the most part, but Smash players always like to be recognized whenever possible.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Has Mr. Wizard ever discussed all the factors of consideration surrounding whether a game gets in?

I think he did before, Seth gave me a rundown of it as well. Like BB last year being super early even though it was one of the bigger games was because the developers wanted to go home before it got too late.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Got some awesome news, my friend is booking a hotel for 5-6 of us 2 minutes away from APEX so we IN DAT ASSSSSS

Can't wait to see Bizarro and Kage duke it out

What's the deal Silky

Let's hash it out

Let's settle it in Smash

You should be Reggie's robin, you would make his jokes better.

EVO lineup announcement on http://www.twitch.tv/twitch tomorrow night @ 10 PM EST / 7 PM Pacific.

YOOOOO WE ESPORRTTSSSS

Silky

Banned
Ultra will make it
Mahvel will make it #10moreyears
Melee and 4 will make it
KI will make it
MKX will make it
XRD and UNIEL will make it

Bam book it

Clockw0rk

Anyone see that general discussion thread where they talk about sexiest movie scenes without nudity? I was surprised how many ppl posted that True Lies scene with Jamie Lee Curtis. That was the worst part of the movie free

smurfx

get some go again
Anyone see that general discussion thread where they talk about sexiest movie scenes without nudity? I was surprised how many ppl posted that True Lies scene with Jamie Lee Curtis. That was the worst part of the movie free
That was my fav part as a kid.

FSLink

Banned
still more fire types than Sinnoh

Yeah Fire Goku and the Ponyta line. :/ lol@Flint being an Elite Four member focusing on Fire types too in a region with hardly any.

My guess (in order of entrants)...
1. Ultra Street Fighter IV (Sunday)
2. Super Smash Bros for Wii U (Sunday)
3. Super Smash Bros Melee (Saturday)
4. Ultiamte Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Sunday)
5. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (Saturday)
6. Mortal Kombat X (Sunday)
7. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (Friday)
8. The King of Fighters XIII (Friday)
9. Killer Instinct (Sunday)

This is my guess as well, though I think Melee will get more entrants than Smash 4.

Beats

I haven't kept up. Is Skullgirls expanding, or contracting in its audience?

I was surprised that a freshman at school played it.

I don't really keep track of specific numbers, but I don't think the offline scene for it has gotten significantly bigger or smaller. It's still pretty small though. PC tends to only have a few hundred plus people playing too with some spikes here and there.

.la1n

My guess (in order of entrants)...
1. Ultra Street Fighter IV (Sunday)
2. Super Smash Bros for Wii U (Sunday)
3. Super Smash Bros Melee (Saturday)
4. Ultiamte Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Sunday)
5. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (Saturday)
6. Mortal Kombat X (Sunday)
7. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (Friday)
8. The King of Fighters XIII (Friday)
9. Killer Instinct (Sunday)

That's a pretty sound list. Wouldn't argue any of it.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
This is my guess as well, though I think Melee will get more entrants than Smash 4.

Not unless Nintendo drops dat pot bonus into Smash Wii U. "We wanna play Melee cause its a better game!" *Nintendo drops $50,000 pot bonus* "GUYS SMASH WII U IS SO MUCH FUN! THE TECH IN THIS GAME IS UNREAL!"

Jamie Lee Curtis and Adam Sessler will be commentating the GF for all the games at EVO this year.

replace sessler with hannibal buress

I wonder who the DJ will be

lol, all of you are so mean.

TheChits

replace sessler with hannibal buress

This....my interest is piqued
dTVKL.gif

pixelish

Fishstix in r/kappa said she's bringing her son to this year's EVO so I guess some of you will get to see her in person during the weekend or so.

Not unless Nintendo drops dat pot bonus into Smash Wii U. "We wanna play Melee cause its a better game!" *Nintendo drops $50,000 pot bonus* "GUYS SMASH WII U IS SO MUCH FUN! THE TECH IN THIS GAME IS UNREAL!"

they still haven't revealed what is going on at Apex, lol at them ever giving a 50k pot bonus

Top Bottom