• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 28 - Aug 3 | The thirst is UNiEL

WarRock

Worth mentioning Capcom pulled the switcheroo again with Linn Kurosawa: went from white (AvP) to black/tanned (Cannon Spike).

Speaking of the underrepresented in SF, there was Eagle the homosexual British bouncer.
Simone is not Lynn as far as I know. Both have the same gear but that is it, in the same way that there's a Balrog boss that uses claws but is not Claw.

Coach Steve. 25-11

Did Bum put him in a bodybag after? Damn.

Daigo parry day should be like fgc Christmas, where everyone gets each other fighting games and fighting game accessories, and Markman comes down the chimney at night to give out sticks.

I can agree with this.

Does this mean we get to sit on Markman's lap at majors and tell him what color Sanwa buttons we want in our stockings?

Dahbomb

Steve vs Flux further goes to illustrate the point me & other people in the know have been saying for awhile. ZMC is not that good, Zero has fallen off as a point character.
WHO ARE THESE OTHER PEOPLE?

Because I have only seen you assert this. The Brokentier guys had this discussion just a few days ago and everyone in the panel agreed that Zero was the best point character in the game. So I am not sure which top players you are referring to here.

Flux lost because he's not as good as Insaynne. This has been known for the longest of time. Flux can pick Morrigan/Doom/Vergil the result would be the same.

lcULUGz.png

I really hope people talking about the match/rivalry doesn't make Flux bummed out. Its a game peoples.

What prompted this response?

I always thought the Flux hatred was a creation of stream monster mentality not too different from random Skisonic hate.

I thought the same thing. Its one thing to talk about the results/match but its another to actively hate or go personally attack him.

OceanBlue

I'd say she's A tier at least. She has low health, but she's a really great character.

Easy BnB setups and really good oki/mixups and corner carry.

That's neat. She and Ky are the two characters I'm interested in playing for GG. I play too many shotos though so I might go with Ram for Xrd.

Do they usually have fighting games at Dave and Busters? I'm in Arizona and my family wants to go.
I remember they had Tekken and the multi game machine with all the SF 2 games. But it's been at least a year since i've been to D&B..
E: beaten. Already listed

Anne

How broken is Ramlethal?

I haven't kept up so I dunno about overall tier placings, but I do know her setplay is the definition of pure evil. Last list I saw had her almost top tier but she's developed a lot by then, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her higher.

Sigmaah

Ppl hate flux cause of Zero, from what I can tell.

Scrubs gon complain about a character yet they don't even play Mahvel.

WHO ARE THESE OTHER PEOPLE?

Because I have only seen you assert this. The Brokentier guys had this discussion just a few days ago and everyone in the panel agreed that Zero was the best point character in the game. So I am not sure which top players you are referring to here.

Flux lost because he's not as good as Insaynne. This has been known for the longest of time. Flux can pick Morrigan/Doom/Vergil the result would be the same.

A panel with ONE relevent player, a scrub, & combo maker who can't block. Zero is not even close to the best point. Results prove it. End of discussion. All Zeto point players are losing to none Zero points consistantly.

Dahbomb

A panel with ONE relevent player, a scrub, & combo maker who can't block. Zero is not even close to the best point. Results prove it. End of discussion. All Zeto point players are losing to none Zero points consistantly.
So you are calling either Clockwork or Angelic a "scrub" and/or "irrelevant"... and both made top 16 at EVO.

In addition, FChamp, Justin and Neo had the same discussion a week ago not too long after EVO. All of them declared Zero as either the best or top 3 free (among Morrigan and Magneto as points, Wolverine not in discussion of top 5). Now you are going to call these players irrelevant/scrubs too?

In fact I personally can't think of any top player who does not have Zero as the best or top 3. I really only hear it on GAF and more specifically from you.. no one on GAF actually says otherwise.

You still haven't said who these "players in the know" are. Now you have moved the discussion to results and then concluded by saying that "Zero players to non Zero players" which applies to EVERY SINGLE character in the game. In fact a character like Wolverine loses more consistently to lower tier characters than Zero. Angelic in fact made a statement that he is moving away from playing Wolverine because he has to deal with characters like Captain America or Haggar which other top tiers don't have to deal with.

petghost

Banned
How broken is Ramlethal?

dont think she is broken but she is pretty good. good damage, good setplay and good screen control with a sword out. i think so many people play her because A. she is new and kinda interesting while most people's old characters have been stripped of a lot of what made them interesting in slash/AC/+R and B. she is moe and people dig that kind of shit.

Dahbomb

I have no ill will against Flux and I think he's a good player but man there is some SWEET ASS JUSTICE in a Zero player complaining about ambiguous mix ups.

Vice

Zeros consistently do well though and place high or win tournaments when the top Zero player(s) are in attendance. In tier lists form every top player he is ranked as either the strongest point or second, behind Morrigan.

There were 15 Zeros in top 64 during marvel at Evo, 2 in top 8. There were 13 Magnetos, 7 Wolverines and 2 point Morrigans. Zero is a very strong character and results show that.

Well, looks like galactus has been official been found on the xbox, and there is now a glitch with him that not allows you to damage him at all(if you don't have like nova(somehow energy javelins hits galactus).

I recorded a match of it with Tayson fighting that player(the guy that taunted justin wong back in 2012 and justin came back on him with iron fist)

Top Bottom