• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 30 - July 6 | Judge, Juri & EGsecutioner

iFN3DwYdcdwEp.gif

The red lighting makes that gif look even more evil

i can't MTE

there's a challenge in 4EVO to hit 3 escapes with 4 buffered throw escapes. at my best id hit 3, but usually I'd just hit 2 or 1.

old option selects so hard

Wait, there's a challenge in VSF4EVO for option select stuff? Crazy.

Went to SFO yesterday. Unfortunately OMH and a lot of the normal crowd didn't show thanks to Warrior's Return 3 being a few days afterwards, and also Ramadan. Lost to Fuzzy (Cammy) and Brenners (Sagat) again, which makes two UK tournaments in a row where I've been knocked out by those two.

First of all, Sagat - Rufus is the stupidest matchup. I've been knocked out of a round by a Sagat three times in a row, now.

Secondly, SFO is a great event. If you're in the north of England and want good games, check it out - they're based around the Sunday Face Off Facebook group.

Thirdly, ST is the most fun game. Grandmaster Challenge brought up two supercade setups of ST and SFO ran a tournament. I really like Dhalsim in that game - he combines everything I love about footsies and fireballs and adds an amazing divekick throw game.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Wait, there's a challenge in VSF4EVO for option select stuff? Crazy.
there are many, they're important. 5FS has them in the tutorial too.

edit
some examples are crouch dash fuzzy guard, multiple throw escape, evade dash cancel

Anne

Frankly if someone told me it was an online match of a beginner Adon against a scrub Ryu I'd believe him :p

Haha the fun part is I'm not even joking.

Anyways, KiT 2015 announcements are almost done. Vandy likes to draw things out ^^; So for the first 10 games, all of those are going to have a $10 entry and payout to top 3. For the next 4, the entry fee is going to be $20, and the payout will go to top 8.

Game 11 is going to be Injustice with a guaranteed pot of $2k

Laconic

Banned
Haha the fun part is I'm not even joking.

Anywas, KiT 2015 announcements are almost done. Vandy likes to draw things out ^^; So for the first 10 games, all of those are going to have a $10 entry and payout to top 3. For the next 4, the entry fee is going to be $20, and the payout will go to top 8.

Game 11 is going to be Injustice with a guaranteed pot of $2k

So true. Once you've mastered the forms of a fighting game, mastery is transcending those forms, unto being formless. It is one of the few saving graces of SF3, imo, though it definitely applies to its superior siblings (such as SF4) as well.

Infinite

Man so Infiltration is still the player to beat. A lot players came close to beating him but they couldn't clutch it out, namely Justin and Rico Suave. CEO also made Ken and Juri look like the threats they really are. Wonder if some American Juris will watch Momochis performance and jack his shit.

BadWolf

Gotta watch this, since I'm play saiki and looking to pick up yuri

He has the best Saiki I've seen yet.

Doing 2 bar HD kill combos is pretty much the norm for him with this character (and by kill I do mean kill, does over 100% damage). You can see it in the FT15.

Not only is Misterio a really solid player overall from what I've seen but he is also really good at dealing with top tier characters. If he attends EVO then he is easily one of my top picks to take the tournament.

EDIT: That FT15 is on youtube already guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mus-Wl0sps8

Man so Infiltration is still the player to beat. A lot players came close to beating him but they couldn't clutch it out, namely Justin and Rico Suave. CEO also made Ken and Juri look like the threats they really are. Wonder if some American Juris will watch Momochis performance and jack his shit.

All momochi does with Juri is play footsies well. In that regard she is a very good character but america's intermediate players are not good enough at footsies to make her work. We have plenty of advanced players but none of them like her, they would say her damage is too low/reversals are bad/etc.

Infinite

All momochi does with Juri is play footsies well. In that regard she is a very good character but america's intermediate players are not good enough at footsies to make her work. We have plenty of advanced players but none of them like her, they would say her damage is too low/reversals are bad/etc.

Juice, when you coming back to competitive street fighter? You had a fucking legit Juri (and Abel.)

pixelish

ultra top 8 prediction for evo anyone? my list is based on what i've seen of ceo and seam

very good chance of getting top 8: momochi, infiltration, jayce the ace, kazunoko, tokido
luck of bracket draw must be on their side: smug, bonchan, ryan hart, snake eyez...

....and daigo because daigo.

Dahbomb

Oh ho.
So we ARE going to da beech this year.
In three weeks in fact.
One week after EVO, same weekend as TI4.

Yeah people will not be giving a crap about that.

EVO predictions? Here is my completely biased and uneducated guess on USF4 plus a slightly more educated guess on UMVC3.

USF4:

Daigo
Infiltration
Bonchan
Tokido

Justin Wong
PRBalrog
Ryan Hart
Kazunoko or Momochi

UMVC3:

Christopher Genius
Justin Marvelous Wong
Filipino EVO Champ
Flocker

PRRog
Apologyman
Random ZMC player (Cloud 805 best chance)
Random Doom/Vergil player

It's kind of a crap shoot guessing three of the eight for UMVC3. Just completely dependent on match ups and who is good on that day.

Infinite

ultra top 8 prediction for evo anyone? my list is based on what i've seen of ceo and seam

very good chance of getting top 8: momochi, infiltration, jayce the ace, kazunoko, tokido
luck of bracket draw must be on their side: smug, bonchan, ryan hart, snake eyez...

It's too hard to predict top 8 but Infiltration and Momochi are the safest of bets. Top 32 though would probably have Arturo, Chris Hu, Zeus, and Chris G. These guys always make top 32 or 64 at Evo lol

BadWolf

Daigo because he's the only one to make it each year so far and he has just improved his overall game plan and fundamentals so much.

Aside from that I think Sako has a good chance if he shows up, most of his recent performances have been very dominating.

Momochi and Tokido are solid picks but not sure about Kazunoko since he usually doesn't seem to do too hot at EVO. Yun has been buffed though (from what I've heard?) so maybe he has a chance this time.

N4Us

Not only is Misterio a really solid player overall from what I've seen but he is also really good at dealing with top tier characters. If he attends EVO then he is easily one of my top picks to take the tournament.

I felt Misterio was going to get at least top 3 at CEO, but then Zeroblack happened.

But yeah, I really wanna see how he does against other international comp at EVO

spoonztt

They got a bigger allocation from the tourist board this year supposedly, but the event has to happen to get it. I've been told from another VXG board member that they will use this to clear the outstanding payments.

This year is going to be much smaller than 2013 and even smaller than 2012, no one from my island is going as far as I can tell and some of the DR guys aren't going either. At this point I think it's only the Aruba/Curacao guys plus some folks from St Lucia as far as regional attendance goes.

Shouta

Excited for Evo. Gotta get my run back with Infiltration and Daigo. And get that match with Tokido I didn't get at NWM, lol.

I love Ryan Hart but I don't think he's found his footing in Ultra yet.

Momochi and Tokido are solid picks but not sure about Kazunoko since he usually doesn't seem to do too hot at EVO. Yun has been buffed though (from what I've heard?) so maybe he has a chance this time.

Momochi has a worse record at Evo than Kazunoko does.

jbug617

Banned
Zhi translated Daigo's Top Ten for USF4. I assume that's not in any particular order.

Cammy
Fei
Dudley
Ibuki
Adon
E Ryu
Viper
Makoto
Juri
Rufus

Daigo also thinks Akuma and Rose are good. Thinks Sagat is weak. Ken is mid tier

https://twitter.com/Zhieeep

edit: Daigo believes Yun is in his own league.

pixelish

daigo's current tier list for ultra and character opinions translated by zhi

Daigo Umehara ranks Ultra Street Fighter characters in latest Arcadia. "Yun is in his own league"
Daigo current Top 10: Cammy, Fei, Dudley, Ibuki, [Viper], E Ryu, Makoto, Adon, Juri, Rufus (?)
"Gouki and Rose also formidable. Sagat is weak character. Adon and Rose defense has improved. Ken is mid tier." #Daigo Arcadia August

EDIT: oopsies

Infinite

That Juri "tech" I mentioned earlier. I'm not claiming this is new or anything just something I haven't seen before in a real match no less.

http://youtu.be/xt4iGCSgVwQ?t=1m12s

Spoiler:
In FSE she dashes through vega to the other side for a cross up ala Blanka style.

Once again if this was known I'm sorry but it's something I personally never saw.

Infiltration seems to have taken to Ultra pretty well:

1st - E3 (GF 3-2 over PR Rog)
1st - Dreamhack (GF 6-1 over Gamerbee)
1st - Spiritzero Cup (GF 6-0 over Poongko)
1st - CEO (GF 6-2 over Momochi)

Top Bottom