• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 30 - July 6 | Judge, Juri & EGsecutioner

Masamuna

That Juri "tech" I mentioned earlier. I'm not claiming this is new or anything just something I haven't seen before in a real match no less.

http://youtu.be/xt4iGCSgVwQ?t=1m12s

Spoiler:
In FSE she dashes through vega to the other side for a cross up ala Blanka style.

Once again if this was known I'm sorry but it's something I personally never saw.

It's been known for a while, but still cool regardless. I've done it a few times after overhead shenanigans.

Edit- I was watching this the other night and the husband was like "the fuck is that girl saying and why does she sound so depressed?!"

Marz

Yup Sagat was already pretty middle of the road in AE 2012, he just had amazing players dedicated to him. Now he got nerfed into the ground while all his bad matchups got buffed.

sqwarlock

I figure this is as good a place as any to share the stick art I just finished:

r0srj48.png

Yup Sagat was already pretty middle of the road in AE 2012, he just had amazing players dedicated to him. Now he got nerfed into the ground while all his bad matchups got buffed.

This is why you don't rebalance a game after a month & 1/2 after it's released. WTF were they thinking?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
One week after EVO, same weekend as TI4.

Yeah people will not be giving a crap about that.

EVO predictions? Here is my completely biased and uneducated guess on USF4 plus a slightly more educated guess on UMVC3.

USF4:

Daigo
Infiltration
Bonchan
Tokido

Justin Wong
PRBalrog
Ryan Hart
Kazunoko or Momochi

UMVC3:

Christopher Genius
Justin Marvelous Wong
Filipino EVO Champ
Flocker

PRRog
Apologyman
Random ZMC player (Cloud 805 best chance)
Random Doom/Vergil player

It's kind of a crap shoot guessing three of the eight for UMVC3. Just completely dependent on match ups and who is good on that day.

I honestly believe Marvel is gonna have one of the biggest upsets this year. We might be lucky to see Chris G and F. Champ even make it to top 8.

I know MrWizard is accepting any "donations" to take out Chris and Champ early on Kappa

But real talk, why the did he say SLUTS?

Man, you just need to go Threi and cry on his shoulder. The only other Deejay player in the world.

CurlyW

The problem with CEO this year was that Jebailey didn't arbitrarily pop up on NeoGaf and type a one-word insult in capital letters.

Also, it's not like MrWizard is busy right now or anything.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I remember when Ultradavid was brought on unofficially to commentate Evo and I was like "Wow this guy's pretty good, hope he does more commentary sometime." Then he became a super world-famous FGC commentator and started dating a bunch of supermodels.

Silky

Banned
What's the type of relationship Aksys has with Arc. System Works ? Considering their upcoming announcement it sounds like they could be publishing UNiB here considering that game is pubbed by Arc. Sys in Japan, right?

What's the type of relationship Aksys has with Arc. System Works? Considering their upcoming announcement it sounds like they could be publishing UNiB here considering that game is pubbed by Arc. Sys in Japan, right?

The two companies seem to have a pretty good working relationship, but neither one has any ownership of the other. Arc System Works doesn't shop around for publishers very often, and they'll usually go for the most convenient publisher before they put out stuff on their own, so they've treated Aksys as their go-to publisher for home ports.

If Aksys published UNiB in the States, I think it would be between them and Ecole, independent of ASW's publishing deal in Japan (unless ASW introduced them and greased the wheels a little).

That's all conjecture on my part, though, I don't know any hard facts about their publishing deals.

Volcano stage is the worse. I can't make out the health bars sometimes. And one of the new stages does it as well.

Damn me and my bad eyesight.

cHaotix8

- Volcano stage + E ryu
- Sagat/Adon on Sunset Ship
- Blanka with the lightup costume on Drive-In
- People that pick training stage just cause you know they practice their spacing and setups so much that they need the lines and they totally aren't going to just mash dp on wakeup.

Yeah.

Silky

Banned
Fuck this pad man, I did not mean to do that Ultra. Jesus.

The Adon/Sagat on sunset boat doesn't really bother me.

Top Bottom