• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 16-22 | Mo Money, Momochi

Spuck-uk

Banned
Cheers .la1n, it's been a while since I've been a regular forum visitor, old habits I suppose die hard, it's good to finally be here.

I hail from Edinburgh, Scotland, in the UK. Frame Trapped is the tool I founded and co-develop with Lullius from Slitherware. It's a training tool and hit box viewer for the PC version of Ultra Street Fighter 4.

Am I allowed to link to it here?

Coming to Hypespotting?

After seeing the pools, I think Momochi will win. He has the easiest block. Once he gets out of pools he will probably play velociraptor, k brad, and then one of itabashi, smug, and mago. Not like he wasn't the favorite before, but now his chances of getting knocked into losers early on is slim to none.

Meanwhile Daigo has to play PR Rog, Fuudo, and then probably Snake. Tokido has to play Xian, then Justin, and most likely one of Gamerbee or Infiltration.

gutabo

Welcome xeolleth, so nice to have you here! I have lots of questions about frametrapped I don't remember right now :/

As soon as I remember them I'll post them(or PM them), again, welcome and enjoy your stay!(pls don't get banned, as a junior any ban is a perma one).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Why is Dieminion so good? He picked his E. Honda on me and wake up ultra'ed 3 times on me... I asked him "Am I that predictable?" He thought for a second and just nodded his head with a smile. This is what I get for not playing SF and only Marvel ;_;

Yo Vulva where you at?! I need to seriously level up for the next time I go to NLBC. Btw, that gouken player Lingo was really good but Duff City is too stronk. Oddly enough, there's always a set up or two for mahvel players at next level.

FourMyle

After seeing the pools, I think Momochi will win. He has the easiest block. Once he gets out of pools he will probably play velociraptor, k brad, and then one of itabashi, smug, and mago. Not like he wasn't the favorite before, but now his chances of getting knocked into losers early on is slim to none.

Meanwhile Daigo has to play PR Rog, Fuudo, and then probably Snake. Tokido has to play Xian, then Justin, and most likely one of Gamerbee or Infiltration.

Wow. Momochi really lucked out on that one. And yeah I also think Momochi will win this as well unless Kazunoko has made some heavy adjustments since SXSW. And Daigo.. I think he will get bopped early :(

I should find team mates for Xrd and USF4 teams, lol

I'd offer my services but I'm registering late on Friday afternoon so I won't be able to sign up in time to make it for USF4 teams.

Out of those 3, I think PR Rog is the only real threat. If he can make it through him, I don't think Fuudo and Snake has that good of a chance of beating Daigo. He just fares better in those match ups.

Hey I was wondering.. if huw_dawson could help me that'd be good.

What's the best way to deal with ex.Messiah kick when the person mixes up with delaying the lk follow up with invincibility? Because that shit is stupid.

I saw Xian try to do a neutral jump at sxsw and got bopped for it anyway. Thinking about it.. that was a very smart idea tbh. Am I just in a total guessing game of high, low or delayed?

Neutral jump the best choice?

If you have an SRK, then you could do that and it'll come out before any of his options after he lands from the initial blocked hits. I don't know the frame data on it, but Hawk's slow as molasses SRK beats all Rufus' Messiah options after I block it.

I'd offer my services but I'm registering late on Friday afternoon so I won't be able to sign up in time to make it for USF4 teams.

Out of those 3, I think PR Rog is the only real threat. If he can make it through him, I don't think Fuudo and Snake has that good of a chance of beating Daigo. He just fares better in those match ups.

PR Rog is definitely the more dangerous player out of those 3, but it's only 2/3. Fuudo can take it even though Daigo has done really well against Fuudo for the past 2-3 years. It's too hard to overlook any great player in a 2/3. Those are some tough players to go up against though. Daigo, PR Rog, Tokido, and Xian have to be on their A game to make it out of their blocks. It's really tough for those 4.

If you have an SRK, then you could do that and it'll come out before any of his options after he lands from the initial blocked hits. I don't know the frame data on it, but Hawk's slow as molasses SRK beats all Rufus' Messiah options after I block it.

My bad, I meant like..whats the best options for guessing if he'll do it or not? It's -18 on block if he doesn't FADC, but I don't like the guessing game of if he'll actually do it or just stop lol

FourMyle

Yeah man I don't know how you can dismiss Fuudo so easily specially in a FT2 format. Did you not see that Daigo vs Hamad match last week? It was pretty fucking close. Hamad gave Daigo a lot of trouble. Snake Eyez has also improved as well and Daigo doesn't exactly have a stellar track record vs grapplers.

Yeah man I don't know how you can dismiss Fuudo so easily specially in a FT2 format. Did you not see that Daigo vs Hamad match last week? It was pretty fucking close. Hamad gave Daigo a lot of trouble. Snake Eyez has also improved as well and Daigo doesn't exactly have a stellar track record vs grapplers.

I saw it, I think it was so close because of the way Hamad plays. Daigo is more familiar with the way Fuudo plays and will do better against him than he did against Hamad if he runs into Fuudo. As for Snake, he ran a train on Snake at Canada Cup and I think he'll be able to keep it up. Especially with Snake's Zangief not looking so stellar lately. Rog's Balrog on the other hand will probably continue giving Daigo trouble. He may even switch to Ryu for all we know. He did do it in some endless stream, not sure if that was just for fun or if it was experimentation.

Shouta

How late?

Maybe I'll pester one of Japanese to team up with them, lol.

How late?

Maybe I'll pester one of Japanese to team up with them, lol.

I'm thinking I'll get there by 3-4pm. But if you want to sign me up I'll give you my Neogaf promise that I'll be there to play or you can ban me lol. But if you got a crew already then it's all cool. Especially if you can get one of the Japanese to be on your team, I'm just a typical 2,500pp online player.

Isn't there emergency registration going on right now?

Shouta

I'm thinking I'll get there by 3-4pm. But if you want to sign me up I'll give you my Neogaf promise that I'll be there to play or you can ban me lol. But if you got a crew already then it's all cool. Especially if you can get one of the Japanese to be on your team, I'm just a typical 2,500pp online player.

Well, if you're coming in around then, I'll see if anyone else is up for it before then. I don't know how many we need for it anyway.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Finally it's Final Round weekend - other than an early meetup that I promised I'd be there for, I'm in there for the whole weekend.

Making sure that I miss no Marvel, but I'm making sure to catch the Daigo matches as always, and probably Momochi's and Snake Eyez as well. Maybe I missed it but it's a shame if Pepedai or Poongko aren't there, I wouldn't want to miss them playing either after Daigo on my list.

i have a feeling final round will break 70k concurrent viewers this year.

I think it will get 35k. Capcom Cup had 70k for the english stream, but that was talked about for months and a player list was there for a while.

Final Round didn't get as much advertisement and people have barely found out which top players are going. If Final Round had known which players were going and advertised the players attending for a month I think it would have had a chance at 50k.

Most are standard USB devices. LabZero and some guy from I think Naughty Dog made a driver that allows those standard USB device registering PS3 controllers to work on PS4 games. Devs can implement it to get some PS3 stick support.

Devs can also just make their own driver. There isn't anything magical about doing so.

Sponsorships on the other hand...

Sayad

It has always been up to the developer. Driveclub supports PS3 wheels for example.

Sony needs to just get of their ass and integrate it into the firmware tho.
Would never happen, probably have something to do with them wanting royalty from every PS4 controller, so every PS4 third party controller has to be signed by them.

OMG! 16-bit Kitana!

Top Bottom