• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 25-31 | 12k matches & excelling at other things in life

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Esteban is slowly working his way up to being one of the best content producers in the scene. Hopefully he keeps it up.

It's crazy how there's no talk about IPL from anybody when IPL was basically what alot of people wanted for years with Capcom games.

What's funny is that the IPL announcement didn't even receive much scrutiny outside of being on the same date as Final Round, and now they're no more. Most people just went along with it because they weren't MLG. I always questioned the viability of it because it's hard enough for people to make it to one expensive event in Vegas as it is. Then I question the overall viability of fighting games in eSports because of how small our audience still is and because of the lack of people that want to pay for content or show up to anything to support it.

But there's always community events to fall back on. Plus IPL didn't have Mahvel, so I guess people aren't too upset, but it does make me wonder where our future lies.
IPL served as a platform to expand that viewer audience to another level by bringing in other eSports viewers and general IGN viewers, etc. It serves as a comfortable "in" to what might be perceived by some to be an insular community.

And IPL would've paid qualifiers to fly out, so I don't think that's a big deal, and if players are hungry enough, their sponsors or the new sponsors IPL would bring in would be more than happy to put them on an IGN stage to get that exposure.

I think everyone had the skepticism there to some degree, but most people were okay with it because Capcom made sure to take the community into consideration and hire Mike Ross as the liaison to the community. They were also very transparent about what was going on and proved that as well with the Final Round situation. From what information we had, it really seemed like IPL was cognizant of how the FGC operates and took precaution where required.

Also not having Marvel doesn't matter, I firmly believe it was only SFxTK and AE first because of the 25th anniversary promotion going on, and they'd add Marvel 2nd season like they heavily hinted. But that doesn't matter either; SF comes first because it draws the most viewers and the most international talent to further bolster viewers. If that didn't work, I doubt Marvel would.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

OMG the fucking case :lol

destroyed_by_derp12-d2yrfq1.png

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks everyone that tuned in to our stream. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

I just got home.

Hit me now, let's go in. Ask me anything about the event/weekend and I'll answer what I can. K? Go.

Tizoc

It won't. Darkstalkers is going to be as anime as my avatar, just as awful, and filled with even more ridiculous comebacks.

I'm just gonna assume you're trolling for the sake of trolling.

...but SFxT is so random...one round can be long, the next can be over in less than 20 counts. Gems won't win you the match even if you have one that gives you 1 stock of meter off a tag cancel.

Darkstalkers 3 finals should be streamed during EVO.

sleepykyo

Why hello we got our very own Nostradamus here.

So what will come first..DmC2 or DMC5?

Didn't DMC5 already happen? Like someone checked the files for DmC and it was labeled DMC5. And Inafune mentioned that DMC5 was going to be more western orientated.

I think... these girls...

pgalleryMad-Catz-Game-Hard-Wear-Gallery-01.jpg

Nope. Mike Ross is amazing though.

Is it the proximity from the camera is the middle one really that tall?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Who's the lady in the middle?

misshabit - She's an awesome personality that just so happens to cosplay... check http://madcatz.com - her profile is up on our site and she's in a bunch of our recent posts..

Is that Mad Catz tournament that was cancelled from last year still going to happen this year. I've been wondering about this for a while now. I just figured you guys canned it.

It is on the back burner. Right now another tournament won't really help the scene, so instead we are trying to promote the scene more.

Will you be sponsoring all of team sp00ky including min, aaaAAAaaarturo, cross assault josh, fooblat, akumahokorou, etc.?

The partnership is with the team.

Why didn't the MCZ trio stay in for a week and go to FR ?

Daigo has a public event in Japan during Final Round (he committed to awhile ago). Mago and Tokido are taking a break as they will be attending another event in NA the following week.

It's crazy how there's no talk about IPL from anybody when IPL was basically what alot of people wanted for years with Capcom games.

What's funny is that the IPL announcement didn't even receive much scrutiny outside of being on the same date as Final Round, and now they're no more. Most people just went along with it because they weren't MLG. I always questioned the viability of it because it's hard enough for people to make it to one expensive event in Vegas as it is. Then I question the overall viability of fighting games in eSports because of how small our audience still is and because of the lack of people that want to pay for content or show up to anything to support it.

But there's always community events to fall back on. Plus IPL didn't have Mahvel, so I guess people aren't too upset, but it does make me wonder where our future lies.

We would have talked about IPL if there were stuff to talk about. But they revealed few details other than being on the same date as Final Round. Most of us are just cautiously optimistic because these guys don't seem to be like the arrogant scumbags that MLG were, but if they had screwed up like MLG did you can be sure that IPL would have been given the same amount of hate.

Doomshine

I took aside time to watch the Tekken Takes Tokyo documentary. A must watch for anyone into fighting games. Just youtube it.

Really have got to appreciate this team. They've created one of the deepest fighters on the market (I consider it to be the deepest) and it's a franchise that's definitely a huge asset to this industry.

Also, the absolute best music comes from Tekken. Just discovered this remix myself from the documentary. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

Never change.

I personally enjoyed this track from the documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCSmeBKTK0E

Capcom talked about how they had trouble getting Nemesis in the game because it might be deemed M by the ESRB. They definitely couldn't get Tyrant in, too grisly with that much detail in 3D.

They cited a similar reason for Gene from Godhand, stuff like spanking grabs and ball buster moves may not fly in a T rated game. But I guess Marvel wouldn't be took keen on having their icons like Captain America spanked on the ass repeatedly.
Gene is too good for Mahvel anyway.

*pouts*

onionfrog

I took aside time to watch the Tekken Takes Tokyo documentary. A must watch for anyone into fighting games. Just youtube it.

Really have got to appreciate this team. They've created one of the deepest fighters on the market (I consider it to be the deepest) and it's a franchise that's definitely a huge asset to this industry.

Also, the absolute best music comes from Tekken. Just discovered this remix myself from the documentary. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

Never change.
Moonlit Wilderness is too godlike.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Never change.
This song is hot

yF7IgMp.gif

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
ROFL @ Doom playing golf with SFxT case...

Someone needs to gif that for posterity.

Max must specifically make things that he knows the internet is going to gif and pass around, because yeah, that one will probably be spammed whenever SFxT is being streamed from now on.

Beckx

So what's the current state of speculation on the SF4 update? Just balance changes, or new characters like AE?

BadWolf

So what's the current state of speculation on the SF4 update? Just balance changes, or new characters like AE?

All that is known is that the patch is coming and that work started on it just recently, nothing much outside of that.

Top Bottom