• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: CEO & Dreamhack Summer [CPT Premier] [06/16/17-06/19/17]

Next time ZTS shows up in a thread to shit on a fighting game not called Tekken, feel free to bust this out.

giphy.gif

Go ahead, I thought it was funny.

Blueblur1

Surprise Xavier Woods! I didn't think he was gonna be here because he has Money In The Bank on Sunday. Jebailey be scheming.

Blueblur1

Some guy here just made $5 in a Smash bet and is SO damn pleased with himself. Lol the stuff you don't see on streams is hilarious

Edit: He's also super wasted. Lol

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Its too expensive probably to get that many PCs. PS4 has almost all the games so its definitely easier and cheaper to setup.

They get the pc sponsors you see at cs/quake/lol/dota tournaments and you got that covered. FGC is leaving mad esports dollars on the table by sticking with consoles.

maybe if you make XInput the standard control setup but the problem is that all the good fightpads and sticks are made for PS4

Fighting Game devs should work with GabeN to make a tournament control setup for Steam

Why isn't PC the standard at this point?

Size and price probably has a lot to do with that. Most PC's are big and heavy so they'll be more of a pain the transport. If a TO were to buy assembled PC's with a decent GPU and CPU, it will probably cost $600 at minimum. Or save money and build your own, but I don't know who would want to assemble 30+ PC's.

Of course it can be done, but why go through all that trouble unless you get sponsored like how WNF did a few years back.

They get the pc sponsors you see at cs/quake/lol/dota tournaments and you got that covered. FGC is leaving mad esports dollars on the table by sticking with consoles.

It is money on the table, but the logistics of it is the problem. Theres normally 10 setups for the pros and rarely ever setups for casuals at CS/Dota/LoL events. And normally PC has less input lag in comparison to consoles which playing in casuals (on consoles) then moving to maybe a stream setup on PC could affect players.

Consoles are the simply the easiest logistically.

After my last post he started booty dancing and grinding against his friends. The dude is super drunk. Lol

And he was licking the five $1 bills and wiping them on his ass. Lol
tumblr_m4deea5kU71ruyfj5o1_500.gif

mbpm1

email harada your condolences

I think she was talking about Alex Valle. But there was some wonky translation there.

Speaking of Kayo, haven't really seen her in tournies in a long time.

she made it japan hollywood and is in a tv show or movie now the last i heard

Blueblur1

Stupendous is IRL streaming right now. He's headed to Jebaileyland where the arcade machines and casuals are available all night. Check it out if you still want something to watch.

Whew. Just got back from CEO.

Freaking amazing as always.
Spent most of my time watching Tekken and getting beat up (in casuals) by people way out of my league.

Kinda disappointed though. They said that Ikaruga was going to be at Jebaileyland. Instead it turned out to be Dodonpachi...2: Bee Storm.

DDP2 is just...I can't even process a proper thought at the moment.

ScribbleD

Whew. Just got back from CEO.

Freaking amazing as always.
Spent most of my time watching Tekken and getting beat up (in casuals) by people way out of my league.

Kinda disappointed though. They said that Ikaruga was going to be at Jebaileyland. Instead it turned out to be Dodonpachi...2: Bee Storm.

DDP2 is just...I can't even process a proper thought at the moment.

Sounds like it's at least better than the arcade setup at Combo Breaker.

Top Bottom