• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: CEO & Dreamhack Summer [CPT Premier] [06/16/17-06/19/17]

Blueblur1

woah, they're on opposite sides of the bracket, so is that to get into top 8 losers
wont somebody update the brackets
we out here with no streams and no brackets

We're using paper brackets and when the pool is complete they're turned over to the TO desk. There are people there updating the online brackets but also dealing with fires that come up. Everyone is literally focused on getting everything done.

Tripon

We're using paper brackets and when the pool is complete they're turned over to the TO desk. There are people there updating the online brackets but also dealing with fires that come up. Everyone is literally focused on getting everything done.

Are there any crowd issues this year? Last year seems so packed with people.

Man how come the view count is so low on a saturday. I remember USFIV CEO streams used to get 30k+ views on saturdays and almost 100K on 2015 finals.

Man how come the view count is so low on a saturday. I remember USFIV CEO streams used to get 30k+ views on saturdays and almost 100K on 2015 finals.

The streams been down for the past 2 hours I think. I don't think they were going to hit USF4 peaks or last years peaks anyways but that would explain why it's as low as it is right now.

silentQ

The streams been down for the past 2 hours I think. I don't think they were going to hit USF4 peaks or last years peaks anyways but that would explain why it's as low as it is right now.

The streams being down and the constant breaks aren't helping when they are up.

It's back and now it's gone.

33efd8d0-7d15-11e5-81f5-a95ed28b23a2_Aiplaneplug.gif

Blueblur1

Are there any crowd issues this year? Last year seems so packed with people.

No, it doesn't feel overcrowded. Plenty of open space near the mid and back of the ballroom. And other games like Tekken and Injustice are being held in separate smaller ballrooms. It's much better than last year.

Last year even the hallways between ballrooms felt overcrowded. Referring to last year, it didn't help that at every 100 feet in the hallway there was a Melee setup. Feels like there's a lot less Smash players in general.

Dahbomb

Bless Punk Da Alpha Gawd for making SFV entertaining.

He does it for the people watching at home.

Charity game boys.

ScribbleD

I didn't realize that was Kenny commentating with Steve until they cut to him just now. He's a natural at SF5 commentary. Shockingly good. And he knows his stuff.

Ronin Ray

I didn't realize that was Kenny commentating with Steve until they cut to him just now. He's a natural at SF5 commentary. Shockingly good. And he knows his stuff.

I also like that even though he has a huge personalty and charisma he is not over bearing at all

XSK looking good so far, this could be a breakout performance for him if he can go very far.

Same here, I was listening to his commentary with Tasty Steve not knowing it was him during the XSK Samurai/Tampa Bison match. I thought whoever the other guy was with Tasty Steve did a good job. Then I saw that it was him and was pretty surprised. I think he's only gotten on the mic once or twice before. He's pretty much already a natural on the mic regardless of the topic. But he has enough knowledge in this game to do more than just a serviceable job. I think he's been pretty good so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the fuck at Kenny Omega's amazing comentary?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this is the first time i've seen Kolin heh. She looks cool (no pun intended)

Has Fuudo not been attending Premier's lately? I don't think he went to Combo Breaker and I don't see his name at CEO or Dreamhack. He's been top 8 at every Premier Events and anything else he has attended in SFV for so long now. Kind of ironic that the thing that finally prevented his name from showing up in the top 8 is him just not attending.

Sayad

Has Fuudo not been attending Premier's lately? I don't think he went to Combo Breaker and I don't see his name at CEO or Dreamhack. He's been top 8 at every Premier Events and anything else he has attended in SFV for so long now. Kind of ironic that the thing that finally prevented his name from showing up in the top 8 is him just not attending.
Might be laying low for EVO, those new players are all about studying your games. Also, he was at E-League during Combo Breaker.

Top Bottom