• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Final Round XIX: Friends Among U.S.

jediyoshi

KuGsj.gif

She has an atrocious voice. Oof.

bully no bullying

So much for the US catching up in SFV!

They're all grinding the game. Their online pool is so much better than America's. People go to MOV's gaming house and the Gods Garden house for practice too. Plus the Topanga boys practice offline too.

Alucrid

Banned
i thought they weren't streaming 5v5s. but i got in just to see east coast get blown up. i should have just gone to sleep.

vulva

They're all grinding the game. Their online pool is so much better than America's. People go to MOV's gaming house and the Gods Garden house for practice too. Plus the Topanga boys practice offline too.

Is Mago no longer MCZ? I see he's signed up as FRB Mago

Whose channel was this on? I stopped paying attention because I heard team Japan vs team America wasn't going to be streamed and now I missed the whole thing. I at least want to watch the vod now.

pixelish

notable players in each pool (bolded names denote players from asia

1: bonchan
2: kbr, lord knight, flash metroid, tampa bison
3: haitani, chris g, jan
4: lpn, djt
5: brenttiscool, bunch
6: dakou, snaketits
7: ricki ortiz
8: kazunoko

9: alex valle
10: xiaohai, xian
11: snake eyez
12: dogura, 645, danke, unknown
13: derrick legend, julio
14: li joe, roachking, kbrad
15: filipinoman
16: chris t

17: fchamp, super yan, hiro, citiofbrass
18: kdz
19: graham wolfe, flocker
20: saint, sonic fox, gimr
21: nuckledu
22: pr rog
23: crackfiend, perfect legend, javits
24: momochi, dacidbro

25: dark jiewa
26: reiketsu, mono
27: moons, sherryjenix
28: german luger
29: cj truth, omgitzandre
31: go1, pzpoy, flux
32: alucard, bas

33: lamerboi, mago
34: xsk samurai, zaferino, arturo, afrocole
35: jwong, noel brown, nerdjosh
36: jibbo, brolylegs
37: 801strider, rip
38: infiltration
39: rice eater
40: marvisto

42: yipes, cujo kate
44: el cubana loco
45: skatan, rayray
46: jebailey, henry cen
47: nacer, fubarduck
48: velociraptor

49: nice1, fuudo, ranmasama
50: chris hu, keno, diego v, gootecks, geoff the hero pool of death
51: four wude, gilty, tasty steve
52: slayer
54: poongko, justframejames, forever king
55: viscant, rickstah
56: tokido

57: lil evil, dakou
58: choco blanka, damdai
60: pokchop
61: wolfkrone
62: dafeetlee
64: ludovic

so i missed SFV teams. How free was america?

Things were looking pretty decent earlier today when Ricki, Justin, and Fchamp beat Kazunoko's team. But now people got to see Tokido's Ryu...and now things don't look so good. He ran through five US players, including LI Joe, and I don't think they managed to even get a round on him.

Shouta

I don't know why anyone would think Japan wouldn't prepare. I mean Tokido started using Twitter to find opponents for the game and he barely used it before, lol. That's how serious he was.

I don't know why anyone would think Japan wouldn't prepare. I mean Tokido started using Twitter to find opponents for the game and he barely used it before, lol. That's how serious he was.

I personally wasn't expecting the gap to be that wide, as godlike as Tokido is. Though tomorrow/sunday will probably
hopefully
be a better showing from the American players.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So many people really came out for this from other regions. Truly the biggest tournament not named EVO.

Renekton

My assumptions:

• No early arcade version unlike SF4, and Japanese must practice in arcades! (bad stereotype sorry)
  • Socializing for console practice sessions is something US might do more?
  • US/EU players practiced the crap out of the cracked beta
  • Japanese no likey PS4, smaller player pool
  • Kindevu also said Japanese have no advantages this time

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good players will be good players regardless.

I'm liking chat replay. Miss a steam and you can still go back and replay the hype moments.

Have no idea how they're gonna fit in EVO in a single weekend. SFV pools-top 8 probably gonna be running from Friday morning till past Saturday midnight.

Vice

I personally wasn't expecting the gap to be that wide, as godlike as Tokido is. Though tomorrow/sunday will probably
hopefully
be a better showing from the American players.
Aside from Tokido the gap doesn't seem too bad from what I saw in the team tournament. The players who always do well against foreign players will still do well most likely.

CurlyW

Are the times posted somewhere? Driving there now....

The Final Round twitter account tweeted out 90 minutes ago that pools 1-8 will be at 8am, then the next 8 pools two hours later, and so on throughout the day. (source)

Also, this only applies for SFV. I have no idea when pools for other games are.

Pools 1-8 are 8am (which btw, wasn't announced until an hour ago). So Bonchan, Haitani, and Kazunoko are all playing at 8am.

#scumbag #rigged #USA

The Final Round twitter account tweeted out 90 minutes ago that pools 1-8 will be at 8am, then the next 8 pools two hours later, and so on throughout the day. (source)

Also, this only applies for SFV. I have no idea when pools for other games are.

what a blow up

Tokido is playing Ryu, and he's a man I trust to tier-whore.

The amazing part was he was literally like 3/3 with his parries. He only uses them when he's 100% sure of what's coming. He is going to turn into a brick wall by evo.

Top Bottom