• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Final Round XIX: Friends Among U.S.

jett

D-Member
on arts stream from last night https://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/v/55271884
At the end you get to enjoy tokido murder everyone.

They got brutalized.

69038043232f47e96bc460700bfe9c55.jpg

Are Japanese players sandbagging on Daigo's stream?

Owensboro

Someone just said "I don't know if he hit a button or just stopped blocking during that string".

This makes me wonder: Has anyone ever made a spectator specific mode for a fighting game where people watching on a stream can see the button inputs of the players? You know, kind of like how you can see replays with button inputs? I'd love a mode like that, even if it's on a 30 second delay from the actual match happening.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit every Mika player I've seen at FR has been a total fucking jobber. Gohan was atrocious. Landing a j.hk and not following up with a rope toss, but a fucking c.hk of all things... that's not even a thing... just flailing, it's so sad to see. Boeken was terrible too. I haven't seen a single decent Mika, makes me ashamed to even play her.

Owensboro

Holy shit every Mika player I've seen at FR has been a total fucking jobber. Gohan was atrocious. Landing a j.hk and not following up with a rope toss, but a fucking c.hk of all things... that's not even a thing... just flailing, it's so sad to see. Boeken was terrible too. I haven't seen a single decent Mika, makes me ashamed to even play her.

I guess that's what happens when you get over 1000 entrants, the talent pool is diminished a little. Even with all these blowups, at least it's still a fun game to watch!

Isn't Fuudo playing Mika? How's he faring in this tourney?

Holy fuck we finally found out why Jill was nerfed from Vanilla to Ultimate. She had a level 3 unblockable solo. Spooky just said it on his stream.

El Sloth

Banned
You're being pretty silly. Most fighting game tournaments are open tournaments, meaning they're open to anyone and everyone who is willing to pay the entry fee. Of course you're going to get all sorts of varying skill levels, especially right now during pool play. Not every one of the 800+ entrants will be a killer. Then there's tourney nerves and the added nerves that come with being on stream.

Even then, so what. Game's been out a month and people are there to see how far they can get and have fun.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What the hell. I didn't even realize that was Magus. He looks so different. And it's been forever since Haunts was on the mic. Looking a lot like bettlejuice there.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Who does a regular throw with Mika after a whiff DP?

Or doesn't convert a j.hk into a rope toss or doesn't confirm a succesful handclap into a rope toss?

Answer: every Mika I've seen here so far

Everytime I turn on a SFV stream, there is a Dictator jumping around. Oh well, every game a Ruy gets knocked out, baby Jesus smiles a little.

Baleoce

Well that's just funny. What's Snake Eyez gonna do if Gief gets no buffs? Has he ever used another character? lol.

He has played Evil Ryu competitively in USFIV. So there's every chance he has pocket characters. I'd imagine at this point in the game he'd be looking for tournament experience with this version of Gief though.

Top Bottom