• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Japan Cup at Tokyo Game Show (09/15/16 to 09/17/16)

EVO Japan is going to be so awesome. First day 2k man SFV tournament won't have DLC characters unlocked, stream will only be on for 3 hours, and they will only show 1 pool out of the 100+ pools. So looking forward to it lol .

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Who organised this tournament anyway? This is basically what's left of the Mad Catz tournament, but it's not them anymore.

Tripon

Day 1 results for Japan Cup at TGS by SRK. Pretty lame that Flash didn't cancel early and let the TOs know to fill his spot with somebody else. I wouldn't care if it was an open tournament, but this was a lottery and basically a 256 man invitational, with foreign players guaranteed to get a spot. He fucked over another player with this move.

X1DJMR3.png

Looking at the character usage for the tgs tourny at event hubs, it is truly a sea of Chuns and Kens, haha.

As for the stream. It seems to suck how they planned the pool coverage with only the short stream. And it sucks Flash eating that spot.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So these two hours of one or two pools is really all that was streamed? How weird.

Huh! Why did Momo and Tokido skip it?!
Even if they're already qualified, I'm kind of baffled that some of these top players don't take shots to get the money. All premier events have significant post bonuses.

Tripon

So these two hours of one or two pools is really all that was streamed? How weird.

Even if they're already qualified, I'm kind of baffled that some of these top players don't take shots to get the money. All premier events have significant post bonuses.
It's Japan. No money awarded.

Man this tournament is brutal. Just a quick look and Daigo and Justin are already in losers and Xian and Nuki are out. And then you have all these other top Americans(besides Brent lol) in losers as well. And this is just 8 man pools.

They said Daigo is out, Xian too.

I think Cameraman heard that Daigo lost and just assumed he's out already. He lost to NL(Korean Ryu player) and is waiting in losers finals of his pool. Same goes for Justin.

Marceles

Man this tournament is brutal. Just a quick look and Daigo and Justin are already in losers and Xian and Nuki are out. And then you have all these other top Americans(besides Brent lol) in losers as well. And this is just 8 man pools.

I think Cameraman heard that Daigo lost and just assumed he's out already. He lost to NL(Korean Ryu player) and is waiting in losers finals of his pool. Same goes for Justin.

Daigo is just in losers, Xian is out, Mago in losers by Poongko

Top Bottom