• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Japan Cup at Tokyo Game Show (09/15/16 to 09/17/16)

pixelish

Since right before EVO. Think he did badly at the Chinese premier the week before.

it seems like gamerbee and haitani have been performing in opposite direction to each other during this cpt season. gamerbee didn't do well in tournaments early on whereas haitani has placed top 8 in all the tournaments he entered until the cpt china premier event. and now gamerbee is the one who is generally regarded as a top 8 shoo-in.

It's a shame they're not showing all of top 8. For example, Rinta could have gotten more exposure from this, but now no one will know he got top 8.

TheChits

Wow this tourney
KuGsj.gif

I'm surprised by how bored I am watching this. I had a small hiatus from watching SFV stuff so I expected to be fairly enthralled by this... but nope.

I miss USFIV.

I'm surprised by how bored I am watching this. I had a small hiatus from watching SFV stuff so I expected to be fairly enthralled by this... but nope.

I miss USFIV.

Sorry you're bored, but these are some dope ass exciting matches. The ones they actually get on stream, haha.

yeah i miss usf4 too with all those elenas on stream zzz

Yea, Elena was pretty much awful aside that one set at Evo. But I don't know, I think it's the character variety here that's really boring me. Much of that has to do with the maturity if USFIV vs SFV I'm sure.

Sorry you're bored, but these are some dope ass exciting matches. The ones they actually get on stream, haha.

Yea, I definitely enjoyed a couple. And maybe it's just me at a personal level not liking how some of the more prominent characters play.

Anyways, I didn't really want to derail the thread, just give my two cents.

Enjoy the tournament!

I miss USFIV.

If you don't love the new game it's cool. I've said this many times, I like watching SFV but I still think SF4 was the more entertaining game to watch by far. With that said I do think they can make many tweaks they can make to make the game more enjoyable to watch. I hope we see more changes than just character balance and new characters next year.

pixelish

poongko's footsies and anti air are so on point in this cammy mirror match

edit: grand finals between korea and taiwan. japan and usa land of the free?

Qvoth

what makes sf5 boring right now imo is wake up jab, and throws
hopefully they got nerfed in the balance patch

mbpm1

Poongko's reactions are as ridiculous as ever

Still doesn't anti-air in some obvious scenarios but hits ridiculous dive kicks

Top Bottom