• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Chunk 1 (CyberConnect2, UE4) Trailer, "PS4 Console Debut"

Kyoufu

No, no, i understand outsourcing some assets and work, i mean CC2 being the primary developers (as per Nirolak's post, above).

Dragon Quest games are rarely internally developed, so I'm not surprised they're using external studios to make them money.

Muffdraul

This may be normal,. but it sounds so weird to me.

It's probably even more normal than you think. Most (all?) of the pre-rendered 3D backgrounds in FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX and any other Square game back then were outsourced. Square sent concept art and hand drawn designs to outside graphics studios for execution.

CC2 are one of the most technically minded devs in the Japanese industry. SE was very smart to involve them.

They also know how to make a story in a full arc split into multiple games like dot hack.

Yeah, the graphical jumps CC2 made were impressive as hell, I think they were a great choice.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
He's a bad voice actor. I'm willing to be proven wrong if you point me to a performance other than Cloud Strife that he's done. From what I've heard he has very limited vocal range.

I'm saying he's done a good job. In Crisis core, he was really very nice.

danthefan

Just on the additional developers thing, there's a really interesting Polygon long form podcast on this very topic, it came out a few months ago. There are devs in Japan who do this and this alone and most of the time you never hear about them. Not worried about this at all.

Athreous

What worries me the most is the fact that the trailer gameplay/video looks way too adult... I wonder how the funny stuff will fit in such a serious environment...

Also, Wedge looks weird >_< can't they design proper overweight ppl?

Splitting this game into Millport installs is like Peter Jackson splitting the hobbit into three parts. C the paint is found to go or the window in a game that was pretty well paced in the first place

So, I didn't play any of the Lightning Trilogy or Type-Zero. Do modern FF games lip sync with the English VA in the localized releases?

Kyoufu

Splitting this game into Millport installs is like Peter Jackson splitting the hobbit into three parts. C the paint is found to go or the window in a game that was pretty well paced in the first place

I don't think you can compare games and movies in this sense.

Stupid question maybe: are there rumours that different developers are handling different parts of the releases like CC2 doing the first one and someone like, I dunno, Obsidian doing the second?

At least would explain the ''different experience'' part.

What worries me the most is the fact that the trailer gameplay/video looks way too adult... I wonder how the funny stuff will fit in such a serious environment...

"Too adult"?
Did you completely forget the first part of VII when a terrorist organization infiltrates a government facility, blows it up destroying property and killing innocent people, and returns to a slum where normal people are struggling to live? What little we have seen of VII:Remake covers the very start of this section.

There are some very serious themes in VII, yes? Midgar is a dark place. How much funny stuff do you remember outside the Wall Market section with the first 5 or so hours of the game?

Also- Nomura had no problem adding goofy shit (especially with Reno/Rude) in the typically grim-dark Advent Children film. I'm not concerned and I'm sure also having Nojima will help them maintain the balance of heavy and light moments.

They didnt go for photorealistic wich is great as it respect the original a bit

Athreous

"Too adult"?
Did you completely forget the first part of VII when a terrorist organization infiltrates a government facility, blows it up destroying property and killing innocent people, and returns to a slum where normal people are struggling to live? What little we have seen of VII:Remake covers the very start of this section.

There are some very serious themes in VII, yes? Midgar is a dark place. How much funny stuff do you remember outside the Wall Market section with the first 5 or so hours of the game?

Also- Nomura had no problem adding goofy shit (especially with Reno/Rude) in the typically grim-dark Advent Children film. I'm not concerned and I'm sure also having Nojima will help them maintain the balance of heavy and light moments.

The elevator stuff? Barret angry at the begin of the game?

And I'm talking about the game as a whole, not the bomb stuff >_<

Dragon Quest games are rarely internally developed, so I'm not surprised they're using external studios to make them money.

Isn't Dragon Quest X pretty much the only installment that was internally developed?

(From Yuji Horii's side it doesn't even make a difference since he isn't internal to Enix himself)

Reaperssj

I wonder if this will be rated T or M because of that scene inside Shinra reactor where there's blood and bodies everywhere I remember being taken aback when I first saw that

Inuhanyou

I doubt it. None of nomuras stuff is m rated.

Versus was most likely going to be just by the nature of the violence and darker subject matter.

And ACC and Crisis core...even though they had tons of blood and death they were still not considered 'adult's only' stuff, so i dunno.

It seems like ESRB just rate whatever they want however they want.

But the subject matter involved like total genocide of an entire part of a city, Barrets hometown being genocided and his best friend killing himself because he could not take the mental breakdown of those events...there was heavy ass shit in the original game, that probably could not synch with just a 1:1 realization of each scene.

I think the humor will be toned down definitely but there will be certain scenes present so not everything is serious

Rising_Hei

If you don't like english voices just play it in japanese if they allow us to. Japanese dubs of FFVIIs has always been awesome.

Please tell me that the voices ain't gonna be like that in the final game, they're horrible.

I feel pretty certain that the VO was recorded specifically for the trailer and stuff for the game proper likely hasn't been done yet. FFXV was known to have been the same way.

They actually never compare the combat to CC. More like Dissidia-Kingdom Hearts.

I think It's looks like crisis core in the sense that you can move around and play somewhat strategically. Also it will retain the "ATB" by having a cooldown so you just can't smash X. That's what I think.

I doubt it. None of nomuras stuff is m rated.

If we're talking about games he directed, we only have KH, which is essentially prohibited from being rated M by its very nature as a Disney venture.

The original trailer for Versus was definitely violent enough where I wouldn't have been surprised if the original PS3 manifestation of it would have gotten an M rating.

Inuhanyou

If we're talking about games he directed, we only have KH, which is essentially prohibited from being rated M by its very nature as a Disney venture.

The original trailer for Versus was definitely violent enough where I wouldn't have been surprised if the original PS3 manifestation of it would have gotten an M rating.

Breaking necks with his legs, running people through, is this the freedom non numbered FF spinoffs get?

"Too adult"?

I love how the game itself even has to remind you how grim that beginning really is.

Like towards the end when Reeve really lays into Barret about how stupid it was to blow up a reactor and all the innocent lives he destroyed when they did that. One of the reasons I actually really like Reeve.

That is a serious moment in the game being portrayed. The funny still will be there.

Reaperssj

Versus was most likely going to be just by the nature of the violence and darker subject matter.

And ACC and Crisis core...even though they had tons of blood and death they were still not considered 'adult's only' stuff, so i dunno.

It seems like ESRB just rate whatever they want however they want.

But the subject matter involved like total genocide of an entire part of a city, Barrets hometown being genocided and his best friend killing himself because he could not take the mental breakdown of those events...there was heavy ass shit in the original game, that probably could not synch with just a 1:1 realization of each scene.

I think the humor will be toned down definitely but there will be certain scenes present so not everything is serious
Yes that is what I was thinking if they really want to remake this game 1:1 with modern graphics then some of the stuff they got away with when the graphics were not so detailed they cannot get away with a T this time and I feel like this game being rated M is not a death sentence like a movie being rated R

Top Bottom