• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Chunk 1 (CyberConnect2, UE4) Trailer, "PS4 Console Debut"

is Cyberconnect2 only helping out on this title or are they the main developers?

Main developers. When they put the trailer together Nomura reviewed it several times to make adjustments and corrections because CC2 have a distinct style and Nomura wanted to make sure that they stay faithful to the original FFVII style rather than showcase CC2's style.

They can modify his likeness a bit
They need to scrap the character and start again from scratch. Not a fan of the character design that they based on Gackt.

Main developers. When they put the trailer together Nomura reviewed it several times to make adjustments and corrections because CC2 have a distinct style and Nomura wanted to make sure that they stay faithful to the original FFVII style rather than showcase CC2's style.
Not sure what I feel about CyberConnect 2 being the main developers. Cautiously optimistic about it. They can create some really fun and interesting QTEs though, so I guess QTEs are covered in FFVII: Remake :p

Kyoufu

Not sure what I feel about CyberConnect 2 being the main developers. Cautiously optimistic about it. They can create some really fun and interesting QTEs though, so I guess QTEs are covered in FFVII: Remake :p

I don't really think anything of it. Nomura and Kitase will shepherd them to victory just like Horii shepherded Level-5 to victory with DQVIII.

Koozek

They need to scrap the character and start again from scratch. Not a fan of the character design that they based on Gackt.

What, nah. They're assisting. Check out my last post with the rough translation of that Famitsu interview:

Or from the respective thread:

In a new Famitsu interview with Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinori Kitase, the pair confirmed that CyberConnect 2 will be among others assisting development the Final Fantasy VII Remake.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/1...sy-vii-remake/

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
CC2 are one of the most technically minded devs in the Japanese industry. SE was very smart to involve them.

They also know how to make a story in a full arc split into multiple games like dot hack.

I don't really think anything of it. Nomura and Kitase will shepherd them to victory just like Horii shepherded Level-5 to victory with DQVIII.
I have said that they are the champion of creating epic and flashy combat sequences with QTEs that are actually fun to use, based on their Asura's Wrath and Naruto Shippudden experience. Of course, this is my opinion and maybe others could have hated it. But I am pretty sure that some of the cinematic set pieces in FFVII: Remake will have QTEs developed by CC2. Atleast we can be sure they will be fun.

What, nah. They're assisting. Check out my last post with the rough translation of that Famitsu interview:
Or from the respective thread:
I knew they were assisting but the thread title and the comments here implied they were main developers? :S

Hmm I hope each Episode is like a 20hr experience. Would be a massive collection by the end of release....I would buy each game for $40.00 a pop too.

?? Why "nah"? What I said doesn't contradict what you said. It's from the exact same source.

I knew they were assisting but the thread title and the comments here implied they were main developers? :S

They're assisting Nomura and co. Dragon Quest games also usually have main developers that assist Horii and co.

Kyoufu

I have said that they are the champion of creating epic and flashy combat sequences with QTEs that are actually fun to use, based on their Asura's Wrath and Naruto Shippudden experience. Of course, this is my opinion and maybe others could have hated it. But I am pretty sure that some of the cinematic set pieces in FFVII: Remake will have QTEs developed by CC2. Atleast we can be sure they will be fun.

QTEs? Unlikely. Nomura and Kitase don't tend to put QTEs in any of their games.

Philippo

So if we assume that the game gets split in 3 to 4 parts, will a yearly release starting from 2017 be feasible?
This must a be one hell of a logistic and planning nightmare.

MrHoot

If they really introduce genesis I really wish they would give him better lines and a better voice actor. All his deliveries in CC felt so freaking flat and the moment Sephiroth took center stage he just was completely shadowed

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I have a lot more faith in CC2 than SE/Nomura as far as production schedules goes. This is really good in my book. Hope semi-restored.

injurai

Banned
I have a lot more faith in CC2 than SE/Nomura as far as production schedules goes. This is really good in my book. Hope semi-restored.

Are they handling 3D-modelling and animation as well? Because having outsiders who can handle the franchise with a fan perspective and only taking cues from the source material may help translate some nuances over that by be considered accidents are artifacts by the creators.

Breakage

How long will people be prepared to wait between episodes? The FFXIII trilogy releases were a year or so apart. But the XIII games were linear and a smaller in scope. More importantly they were self-contained experiences.

Presumably each FF7 entry will take longer. Will people really be happy with waiting 3 years for an episode?

Inuhanyou

Nomura and SE arent at fault for their product schedules and delays a lot of the time.

Please tell me that the voices ain't gonna be like that in the final game, they're horrible.

What are they supposed to sound like?

Golnei

Well, to be fair voice talent (and direction) is a weakness of Square-Enix. They hit it out of the ballpark with FF12 but have taken several steps back in recent years.

Nier was fantastic and Drakengard 3 wasn't bad, but 8-4 handled those. The gulf in quality between the voice direction in those and internal efforts is staggering.

Arkeband

Banned
I think the English voices in the trailer sounded extra-off because they weren't lip sync'd.

Doesn't really help it "fit in" when it's sloppily thrown on top.

Inuhanyou

Not like that is the best I can say. They sound like they got some poor quality actors on the cheap in that trailer.

Steve Burton and Beau Billingslea are some of the most competent voice actors in the American industry. They have won numerous awards in their various works in and out of voice acting.

aerts1js

Steve Burton and Beau Billingslea are some of the most competent voice actors in the American industry. They have won numerous awards in their various works in and out of voice acting.

um, no. LOL. Steve Burton is a terrible voice actor with very limited range. Actually, I think Cloud is one of the few voice acting gigs he's ever done because no one else will hire him.

How long will people be prepared to wait between episodes? The FFXIII trilogy releases were a year or so apart. But the XIII games were linear and a smaller in scope. More importantly they were self-contained experiences.

Presumably each FF7 entry will take longer. Would people really be happy with waiting 3 years for an episode?

I think every 2 years would be the sweet spot

That like third topic change doesn't make much sense to me, I seriously doubt CC2 is working on it on their own rather than it being a typical modern collaboration or outsourcing, it should seemingly say both. It's not like SE doesn't have UE4 inhouse as well since they paid for it, they are probably both working on it together.

Yup.

I think the English voices in the trailer sounded extra-off because they weren't lip sync'd.

Doesn't really help it "fit in" when it's sloppily thrown on top.

Yeah, I think the voices are good so I think some are being thrown off by this.

Top Bottom