• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Chunk 1 (CyberConnect2, UE4) Trailer, "PS4 Console Debut"

I can't wait tho for them to be done with FFXV, VII and Kingdom Hearts 3. I bet they are too because holy shit after all this time I bet you'd want to move on to new things

My dream is that the SE japanese branch can finally move on to a situation where every game they announce takes 2 years max to come out.

MrHoot

My dream is that the SE japanese branch can finally move on to a situation where every game they announce takes 2 years max to come out.

Pretty much my thinking as well. Projects they've been probably dragging for a long time (especially XV) or just licenses that they can finally put to rest. Once they shed the load i'm hoping they can come up with new stuff (either new final fantasies that don't take super long) or new IPs and kinda start fresh. Since their new director, they have shown a lot of potential which I feel is still untapped as they still have to take a foot out of last gen

Pez

The episodic content of the game could be interesting, I suppose.

I wouldn't mind DLC that went into Zack's background and acted as a remix/truncated version of Crisis Core.

Son Of D

:) A very famous octopus also deserves its full 3d model.

latest

Already happened (XIII-2 DLC battle).

Although I can see a VI remake being a bit more stylised with the artstyle.

AColdDay

I hope he does it. I want to level Aeris and keep her in my group.

My God... can you imagine if after all of this time, we were able to save her? Man, I hope that they do that, because the internet reaction (and my reaction) would be insane.

aerts1js

I hope they still have a bunch of random easter eggs throughout the games. Remember seeing the ghost of Aerith in FF7's third disk?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Wtf? How did this happen?

That's a prototype face from before release. He doesn't look that bad in the final game.

He has multiple LOD transitions on his face just like the original game and they all have different designs.

Village

I can't wait tho for them to be done with FFXV, VII and Kingdom Hearts 3. I bet they are too because holy shit after all this time I bet you'd want to move on to new things

kh3 has't been worked on for very long , compared to xv and xv only had a skeleton team untill around the first announcement that it became xv

R8TEDM3

I really wanna start a crowdfunding for Cloud...poor guy looks like he could use some GIL to buy some food for those skinny arms of his! Seriously though SE beef him up a lil bit...that sword looks to be way too heavy for him!

Raynes

That's the first thing I thought when I saw this new Cloud...

But after watching the trailer more than 100 times, now I am used to this new hair. It looks really good in some scenes, while weird on other scenes.

CVsrwkmWUAAhmK5.jpg:orig

I did expect them to go with the Dissidia arcade style of hair... which is what SE usually do... like with FFXV. So yea it was a bit surprise when I saw how different the hair was.

They should have just gone with the Dissidia model, take away the airbrushed/make-up look and just aged it a little. The new model of Cloud has disgusting hair that looks like trash. It looks like they tried to make that anime face Cloud has photorealistic, but it just got fucked up as no attention was given to proportions. Really fucking disappointing since all the other characters (apart from fat boy who looks like a baby on a man's body) look very well designed and normal.

Edit: I watched the trailer again and his facial proportions are fine, that pic was just an odd angle. It looks good in motion apart from the fact that his hair is a wig unlike in the dissidia model where it fits in seamlessly.

I'm just curious on how they're going to do the end game. Well, close to end game to be exact. Like, will I be able to travel back to certain towns for certain grinding or mini games since we're getting the games across X amount of discs? How will that work?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Edit: I watched the trailer again and his facial proportions are fine, that pic was just an odd angle. It looks good in motion apart from the fact that his hair is a wig unlike in the dissidia model where it fits in seamlessly.

Glad to see you came to your senses :D

Koozek

They should have just gone with the Dissidia model, take away the airbrushed/make-up look and just aged it a little. The new model of Cloud has disgusting hair that looks like trash. It looks like they tried to make that anime face Cloud has photorealistic, but it just got fucked up as no attention was given to proportions. Really fucking disappointing since all the other characters (apart from fat boy who looks like a baby on a man's body) look very well designed and normal.

giphy.gif

I'm actually shocked at how much they nailed his face to my taste. I was really afraid of him getting that ridiculous puffy, soft, or blushed-cheecks face like in Dissidia/AC/Smash(!). They could work on his arms a bit, though. I don't mind the skin's sick look, either, as it actually makes quite a bit of sense story-wise for him not to look as healthy.

EDIT: Lol, just saw your edit.

drtsoni

Neo Member
I really wanna start a crowdfunding for Cloud...poor guy looks like he could use some GIL to buy some food for those skinny arms of his! Seriously though SE beef him up a lil bit...that sword looks to be way too heavy for him!

His arms being skinny might be intentional. Remember that at this point in the story he's just escaped being suspended in a glass tank for 5 years. That can't be good for your muscles. Also at the end of CC we can see that he's barely able to lift the sword, and instead just drag it along.

I went back to watch AC and he's noticeably beefier.

Christhor

His arms being skinny might be intentional. Remember that at this point in the story he's just escaped being suspended in a glass tank for 5 years. That can't be good for your muscles. Also at the end of CC we can see that he's barely able to lift the sword, and instead just drag it along.

I went back to watch AC and he's noticeably beefier.

There's concept art from the original game that has skinny Cloud wielding the buster sword (the famous one) and another one where he's wielding something that looks like the Ultima Sword and he's a lot more buff. It's intentional, even before Cloud got in the tube he couldn't even make it big in the military, because he was a scrawny ass bitch.

The purple was probably chosen as a substitute for grey or black, because if they actually used pure grey or pure black the character wouldn't contrast with the background very well.

Kinda like the partially purple trees in Seiken Densetsu 3:

Hg8pdD1.gif

drtsoni

Neo Member
Just started FF7. Why isn't cloud wearing purple in advent children and the remake?

He IS wearing purple in the remake. Just that due to dark lightning it looks like black. He's wearing purple in FF7 because that is the uniform of SOLDIER 1st class, the highest rank. Although he said he's ex-SOLDIER, wearing that outfit still must give the common troopers quite a scare. (Sephiroth is also SOLDIER 1st class).

Reveirg

Not if it means Ubisoft/EA-level of polish...

Lightning Returns was developed in this timeline and it lacked the usual polish of mainline FF titles.

My random-ass hopes and speculation for this title:

1. It's literally one full game split into episodes. Carry over levels and equipment between releases. If they treat it like completely separate games, I'll be kind of disappointed.

2. In direct defiance of point 1, I kind of hope there are some sidequests and an "endgame" to each episode. Let me do some sidequests to get some equipment to bring over to the next release.

3. I hope it's no more than three parts. Too many releases will burn people out.

4. I really hope there isn't a sidequest to
revive Aeris, because I think that would ruin the point of her death

Top Bottom