• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flambe

Unfortunately I poached hero rings and crap from my other characters so to run arena I'd have to swap back and forth and let me tell you I'm much too lazy for that. Maybe I'll just try blizzaga team on arena, if not I guess I'm missing a couple weeks lol

CCIE

Banned
What is best for HC... Awakening ADV or INT? Need four more before I can begin the event with my secondary account

chrono01

I switched my lead to Kefka. He's only at around 320 MAG, but I hope he helps. Speaking of, where do you get the +10% MAG material?

As for me, I'm running maze still, trying to get my Tellah and Golbez leveled before I try the event again. They're both at 4*, and 55+, so I'll hit Level 60 on each of them today. Then it's leveling them from 1-80...

Man, I feel so under-prepared for this. I didn't even unlock Diabolos yet, since I was running the maze event. :(

desverger

I switched my lead to Kefka. He's only at around 320 MAG, but I hope he helps. Speaking of, where do you get the +10% MAG material?

As for me, I'm running maze still, trying to get my Tellah and Golbez leveled before I try the event again. They're both at 4*, and 55+, so I'll hit Level 60 on each of them today. Then it's leveling them from 1-80...

Man, I feel so under-prepared for this. I didn't even unlock Diabolos yet, since I was running the maze event. :(

If you mean the recipe, it's in a silver chest in Maranda Coast: https://exviuswiki.com/MAG_+10%

We had so many cactuar events (autumn moon, cactuar dunes after, the maze last week) I was basically swimming in gigantuars. I didn't know what else to level so I'm glad I spent them on Celes, Tellah and Golbez, even though I expected to have 0 use of the units :p

chrono01

If you mean the recipe, it's in a silver chest in Maranda Coast: https://exviuswiki.com/MAG_+10%

We had so many cactuar events (autumn moon, cactuar dunes after, the maze last week) I was basically swimming in gigantuars. I didn't know what else to level so I'm glad I spent them on Celes, Tellah and Golbez, even though I expected to have 0 use of the units :p
Thanks, planning to grab that recipe shortly!

Yeah, I had a bunch of Gigantuar too, except I spent mine leveling Charlotte, Ludmille, Celes, and Golbez/Tellah a bit. Celes will help, and I've put in a bit of work on Golbez/Tellah already, but Charlotte and Ludmille are literally useless for this event. I wish I had spent the XP on Golbez/Tellah instead, but thankfully this event runs for two weeks, so it shouldn't be too difficult grabbing the tickets and items (I hope).

Syntsui

Doesn't invalidate Sarah having a great support skill tho.

She has, but we still have to have a lot of mages and good equipment to have a chance. This is the biggest problem for most people I think. I'm fortunately to have loads of Kefkas, so I will focus on them when I get home.

She has, but we still have to have a lot of mages and good equipment to have a chance. This is the biggest problem for most people I think. I'm fortunately to have loads of Kefkas, so I will focus on them when I get home.

You really don't need crazy geared mages though... here is my team (I know I am lucky to have Kefka/Exdeath):

Vivi 147 MAG
Golbez 170 MAG
Tellah 199 MAG
Kefka 278 MAG
Exdeath 299 MAG

That is far from optimal MAG gear and I don't have any TM's. With this group plus a friend mage I am able to kill everything on ELT with Blizzaga/dual cast Blizzara. So don't give up hope if you dont have the best mages!

Zafir

Sigh, finally got my team up to a level where I can one shot most groups. The one I couldnt for some reason - the 5th, then proceeds to silence everyone. GG

This event sucks. :(

So do you get anything worthwhile for completing the first two difficulty completions? Or is it fine to skip to ADV to start out with? I want to make sure the lower two don't give you lapis or anything. I need all the lapis!

Mxrz

Glad I used the last event to level up some more mages. Making all those mag +10%s for the fine-key mat paid off too. Sounds elemental chaining will be the best bet in the future too.

Kefka (318), Tellah (283), Vivi (187), Celes (61, 164), Terra (257) does it for me. Stupid "Loffrery" always survives with no health in the last fight, otherwise every stage is cleared in one go. Usually 5 or six chain.

Not entirely sure how chains are counted, but never seen a 7 chain. Thought Vivi would be more valuable with his double spell compared to Kuja or Goblez, but maybe not.

Valus

I'm running the following just fine

Lasswell 150 mag / Blizzaga
CoD 169 mag / Blizzara
Krile 190 mag / dual cast Blizzara
Celes 236 mag / Blizzaga
Vaan for focus
Friend w/ 300+ mag

Only round I don't one shot is round 6 and but it only leaves one dude alive with barely any hp so I can finish him with auto attacks second round.

So I don't think it's nearly as bad as you think it is. I test ran it with Sarah and it went just as well.

Azuran

Banned
I freaking knew I got like 10 Kefka last time around for some reason. I should have leveled them all :/

I'm running Kefka/Golbez/Terra with Ice Rod/Cloud of Darkness/WoL/OP mage friend until I can get Celes up and running. Just need to grind 25 more levels for Focus :_;

The key seems to be having a clean up unit. Preferably one with barrage.

Cloud of Darkness was made for this event. She's a beast here and can even chain with Thunder magic if you need to.

Valonquar

I've gotten my team now where I can setup blizzaga the first round and just hit repeat the rest of the time with zero risk. Few runs away from all the katana mats now. Few days of farming, and then maybe farm the explorations for all those magicites to max out Diabolos before getting back to the TM farm.

Lyrian

holy shit. Give this reddit post an upvote

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/559dsm/how_i_beat_the_elt_event_with_a_f2p_unit/

never knew a fp unit, sarah has a 40% mag boost party skill.

great for people missing a focus unit.

Doesn't invalidate Sarah having a great support skill tho.

Now, that's thinking outside the box. Niche units and all that. But when that niche becomes relevant, those units shine even more brightly.

The key seems to be having a clean up unit. Preferably one with barrage.

Yup. Haven't needed to change my Colo team for ELT, strangely enough. If a few stragglers survive the Blizzaga chain, my Artemios's barrage with the Killer Bow cleans up the mess quite efficiently (much more so that I would have expected).

-- Daily pull: Alma

How in the world did I not get into this thread until Page 4???

chrono01

So once I craft a few more +10% MAG, and evolve/level my Tellah a bit, I was thinking of going with:

Kefka (Blizzaga)
Exdeath (Blizzaga)
Tellah (Blizzaga)
Celes (Blizzaga)
Sarah (for the buff)

+ Strong Mage friend

Should work, right? I was thinking of maybe leveling Golbez, and replacing him with Sarah and using Focus on Celes instead, but if I didn't it would mean one less character to level right now. :/

Azuran

Banned
COMPLETE AND UTTER ANNIHILATION HOLY SHIT

yJwrAPr.jpg

My team is not even fully maxed or optimal and I turned everything into a joke.

BOW DOWN TO YOUR FUCKING QUEEN EVERYONE

tumblr_nu5pceUazC1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Flambe

Tried swapping Vaan for Tellah for more chaining instead of focus and it worked just fine plus I don't have to manage targeting the round 1-4 named dudes for full break

I've gotten my team now where I can setup blizzaga the first round and just hit repeat the rest of the time with zero risk. Few runs away from all the katana mats now. Few days of farming, and then maybe farm the explorations for all those magicites to max out Diabolos before getting back to the TM farm.

your team must be strong as shit or your game uses repeat much better than mine, it can't chain for shit.

CCIE

Banned
Wow, is my Lightning team underpowered. Forget elite, I almost died in PRO on this event. Time to do some more leveling....

Jeffrey

Hope the game gets a legit auto battle system like global brave frontier where you can set the order and millisecond timing between activation between units.

Dawg

I'm too lazy to prepare a mage team for ELT so I'm just running PRO with auto attack. I get less auracite but still enough and I only really want the tickets and weapon/shield anyway.

Pretty chill event really, not much of a grind. Already got half the mats for the weapon.

Lyrian

COMPLETE AND UTTER ANNIHILATION HOLY SHIT

My team is not even fully maxed or optimal and I turned everything into a joke.

BOW DOWN TO YOUR FUCKING QUEEN EVERYONE

Wait what, who the fuck is Sarah?

Sarah is one of the "rare" friend point units (3* max), who is a bard.

Up until this point in the game, perhaps, there hasn't been a need for a dedicated bard/buffer. But, if a unit isn't going to do any significant damage to the enemy because of insane defense, then why not devote a unit to augmenting everyone else.

Extremely squishy unit doesn't matter if everything doesn't ever get a chance to attack that unit.

The power of percentages at work here :)

Alma is base 3....Delita is the 5 and Gaf Is the 4.

Great unit for her TM. Very nice mage and/or sage robe. Will throw that onto the pile for the next round of TMs.

desverger

So once I craft a few more +10% MAG, and evolve/level my Tellah a bit, I was thinking of going with:

Kefka (Blizzaga)
Exdeath (Blizzaga)
Tellah (Blizzaga)
Celes (Blizzaga)
Sarah (for the buff)

+ Strong Mage friend

Should work, right? I was thinking of maybe leveling Golbez, and replacing him with Sarah and using Focus on Celes instead, but if I didn't it would mean one less character to level right now. :/

Celes and Sarah are practically doing the same job - buffing. Especially on Celes' case, her Blizzaga isn't hitting for much. Also, with that team it's enough to chain 4 Blizzagas together from 5* mages to kill everyone, the other two units are just for stages 4-6.

Your last unit can be a clean-up unit. If you don't have CoD, you could probably even use Fencer with the ice sword hitting Swallowtail. That'll help with the combo as well, but it's a bit tricky to time.

Lyrian

Fun Fact:

Sarah is the only unit on Global (so far) that learns Magic Song. The premium version of her, Gilbert, **does not** learn Magic Song as one of his verses (it's bundled into his LB, which makes it a much worse value overall as it cannot be cast on demand).

Also for story stages, Magic Song at 8 MP is six times more efficient than Focus at 48 MP, allowing it to be easily recast every stage.

Gumi's logic of slapping overpowered abilities on extremely underpowered units comes back to bite them in the arse here.

I think this event is going to be the first time I use a good amount of lapis to refresh my energy to get everything I want. Sucks that I've died 4 times in the elite difficulty today wasting so much energy. I think I have my party setup well now to get through it every time without trouble though. I really wish the Enchanted Maze lasted this whole weekend since I don't think I'll be able to 6* my Lightning before it ends and I would absolutely love to have that available to get her to max. That's going to be one hell of a grind without some kind of cactuar event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom