• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
yall know if the snow banner is staying for next week or is it the lightning only one?

because if nit I might do a 5k pull for snow... ffs i want his TM

Muku

OK, about to do something silly, I'm sure I won't be able to control myself. I will have one daily, 10 tickets and then, enough to do four 10+1 pulls to get Lightning.

:(

Oh god hold on to your seat....

OMG itz snowing. The weather people actually got this one right. Unlike wind storm in October.

Celegus, just auto attacked with them right? Well with whatever buff as well, right? Like Embolden or whatever.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
yall know if the snow banner is staying for next week or is it the lightning only one?

because if nit I might do a 5k pull for snow... ffs i want his TM

His TM is not worth 5K.

The only two you can make an argument for would be DW and Gigl's. And even then, it's better to pull based on banner and not character or TM.

Celegus

OK, about to do something silly, I'm sure I won't be able to control myself. I will have one daily, 10 tickets and then, enough to do four 10+1 pulls to get Lightning.

:(

Nooooot wooooorth iiiiiiiit!

Celegus, just auto attacked with them right? Well with whatever buff as well, right? Like Embolden or whatever.

Yep, just buff and auto attack unless it does the Charge move, then you're free to go all out since the next move will always be Release.

Muku

Nooooot wooooorth iiiiiiiit!

Yep, just buff and auto attack unless it does the Charge move, then you're free to go all out since the next move will always be Release.

FML. I just entered wrong thing with his Gilga. FFFFFFFFF. Okay screw this. I should just go play in the snow.

FML. I just entered wrong thing with his Gilga. FFFFFFFFF. Okay screw this. I should just go play in the snow.

Pro-tip, and this doesn't always work, but I found that the friends that are available are device dependent. So like if you exhaust all your powerful friends on iOS, you can switch over to your emulator like Nox, which is Android, and you'll still be able to use your powerful friends again immediately... sometimes.

Muku

Pro-tip, and this doesn't always work, but I found that the friends that are available are device dependent. So like if you exhaust all your powerful friends on iOS, you can switch over to your emulator like Nox, which is Android, and you'll still be able to use your powerful friends again immediately... sometimes.

I can't swap to an emulator as none of this is tied to a FB account. Long story about Gumi sucking ass on this but I've screwed myself on my main account.

Can you heal with this dragon? Or does healing your units also cause him to take out the screw you stick?

Nirran

I can't swap to an emulator as none of this is tied to a FB account. Long story about Gumi sucking ass on this but I've screwed myself on my main account.

Can you heal with this dragon? Or does healing your units also cause him to take out the screw you stick?

I did that originally during soft launch. I just made a fake FB to tie to my account so I wouldn't lose it if something happened.

Celegus

Healing is fine, just not attack magic (only on certain turns I think, but I didn't mess with any of that).

Muku

I did that originally during soft launch. I just made a fake FB to tie to my account so I wouldn't lose it if something happened.

I did with a fake one too, I ended up getting screwed on my alt with it. So no more. If I lose progress, I'll just be done. I find linking it to social media has got to be the worst idea ever.

Muku

So wait, after he uses release go all out for that turn?

Edit: Geez my bad on double post. Thought I was editing other post ><

Also, something triggered the debuff on my guys. I've only healed, buffed like I was told could be done, and auto attacked. Soo...

Malakhov

Banned
I just defeated the double head whatever dragon on my first try just dishing out damage turn after turn and I must admit that I couldn't of done it without Refia and dual cast. She was the MVP in there.

Great helmet! :)

bonkeng

The trial really is a joke.

First try and...

feqHFbc.jpg

leehom

Not sure what I did wrong, but the dragon alternated between charging for his melee attack and massive magic dmg the next turn. Got lucky I was able to finish him off before my Refia couldn't keep up with the healing. Missed out on the Esper mission, couldn't hold him off long enough for it to charge.

bonkeng

I wouldn't say its a joke. It would be very, very hard for people without great 6* units and some Tms. I consider myself lucky to have those.

It's really easier. You don't even need a 5* base to beat it. 1 OP friend unit is enough to beat it.

Have to defeat the plant before attempting the dragon, right?

I think you can fight the Dragon without fighting Antenolla.

And the dragon is easier than the plant. That's my experience though.

EDarkness

I wouldn't say its a joke. It would be very, very hard for people without great 6* units and some Tms. I consider myself lucky to have those.

Yeah. I don't think I can do it at all with the group I have. Only one major damage dealer....and no TMs. Might give it a shot with CoD, Refia, WoL, Maxwell, Cecil and a friend's character. No other major damage dealers to help with this. I guess as long as I can last, that's the most important thing. We'll see.

Trial was very easy, I had dual cast Refia which made it even easier but it wasn't necessary, only one who died was squishy ass Chizuru.

Also a friend Greg sped things up a lot.

Though if you don't have CoD(for callback) and Refia I can see how it could be a lot trouble.

Malakhov

Banned
Yeah. I don't think I can do it at all with the group I have. Only one major damage dealer....and no TMs. Might give it a shot with CoD, Refia, WoL, Maxwell, Cecil and a friend's character. No other major damage dealers to help with this. I guess as long as I can last, that's the most important thing. We'll see.
Good luck and make sure to check your friends weapons before entering the challenge. Make sure he doesn't have any elemental weapons.

Muku

So, took Valentus' Gilga instead. Had to go quite a few rounds, but was easy enough. :) Just guarded after his boosts to take the Release head on. Also realized in middle of all this that CoD's Come Back isn't a spell x_x. How freaking amazing.

1 6* Lv 100 CoD
1 6* Lv 87 CoD
1 6* Lv 100 Cecil
1 6* Lv 100 Refia (no DC)
1 6* Lv 100 Luneth

Even managed to get in the Esper kill. :)

Edit: Dammmmnn. With Helm Cecil is a beefy 511 Defense.

Rixa

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| OT3 is currently under maintenance

Hah good shit :D. Reading logs here. I woke up at around 6:05 (2h 15mins ago). It seems I didnt lose much game time.

Used 5 tix to FFV, almost got the holy trinity:

- Cyan
- Anzelm
- Edgar
- Clyne (gold)
- Kuja (wut, new to me)

Then some wild Kuja appears. Not like I need it but hey its my first. Thanks for the 500 Lapis, they go to nrg. All in all I lost some arena fights during maintenance and got one Kuja.

Iceman829

Everyone here says the dragon is easy, but I don't know if that's because your squads are stacked or if it's really that easy.

I was planning to use a team of CoD (dual wield), DKC, Refia, Cecil and either Snow or WoL. Is it really just auto attack and heal or is there more to it?

Muku

Everyone here says the dragon is easy, but I don't know if that's because your squads are stacked or if it's really that easy.

I was planning to use a team of CoD (dual wield), DKC, Refia, Cecil and either Snow or WoL. Is it really just auto attack and heal or is there more to it?

I have no Trusts. I don't even have the stupid plants thorn mace for my CoD yet. I brought the mats to last a while but only ended up using a pot that gives 20MP. That was it. And that was to have Cecil help Refia heal.

Only one in my group that knows DW is Luneth by default since i have no Trust stuff. Well, and I guess the guest Gilga, but he wasn't my own.

Buff with Focus/Embolden, Heal, and auto attack. Seriously, that's it.

At end when I had enough of the LBs and an esper to blow, I used them all to finish him off.

Edit: Your CoD will be helpful for his Release. I guarded when he used Boost to protect against Release. Magic Damage, Blind, and Silence. CoD's Come Back isn't a spell so you won't need to worry about her helping out the crew.

bonkeng

Your team is enough. Cecil, Refia and CoD is almost a requirement. The rest will be your auto attacking dps. If your Snow is 6* maxed, take him instead of WoL. Take a friend unit with no elemental weapons and high attack.

Attack, Heal, Embolden, Defend, Come Back. This is all you need.

CCIE

Banned
I don't think I can beat the dragon. I'm getting tarred in the arena with these BS no black magic rules this week. No magic against the dragon, either. It will take me forever with my current squad.

Muku

I don't think I can beat the dragon. I'm getting tarred in the arena with these BS no black magic rules this week. No magic against the dragon, either. It will take me forever with my current squad.

What are you currently running?

Iceman829

I have no Trusts. I don't even have the stupid plants thorn mace for my CoD yet. I brought the mats to last a while but only ended up using a pot that gives 20MP. That was it. And that was to have Cecil help Refia heal.

Only one in my group that knows DW is Luneth by default since i have no Trust stuff. Well, and I guess the guest Gilga, but he wasn't my own.

Buff with Focus/Embolden, Heal, and auto attack. Seriously, that's it.

At end when I had enough of the LBs and an esper to blow, I used them all to finish him off.

Your team is enough. Cecil, Refia and CoD is almost a requirement. The rest will be your auto attacking dps. If your Snow is 6* maxed, take him instead of WoL. Take a friend unit with no elemental weapons and high attack.

Attack, Heal, Embolden, Defend, Come Back. This is all you need.

Thanks, sometimes it's hard to tell if things are actually easy or just for select people. I'll have to check it out in the morning since I used all my nrg and friends to run the event before I get some sleep. My Snow is 6* lvl 100 so I'll run with him then. Maybe even try out these fancy winged saints on the boss as well.

Is there any way to make it so that the companion select screen just never shows up and you always depart without a companion? It's annoying when I run TMs all night and then I wake up and none of my strong helpers are available for a few more hours because I've been using them all night.

tuffymon

Is there any way to make it so that the companion select screen just never shows up and you always depart without a companion? It's annoying when I run TMs all night and then I wake up and none of my strong helpers are available for a few more hours because I've been using them all night.

You could easily filter it to 1 stars or something so depart without a companion is at the top

KeRaSh

Killed dragon on first try. Got scared hard towards the end when I thought I'd just finish him off with two DW Tri-Attacks from two Gregs. Totally forgot that both were blinded from the turn before. The dragon survived so I thought might as well use other abilites. Remedied DKC and used Barrage. The dragon survived without any visible health in the bar.
Thankfully he used his 100% Full Break ability and nothing else. Finished him the next turn.
Cecil is not sitting pretty with 518 DEF!

That two headed dragon is tough as hell. It keeps doing it's full break attack on the first turn which cause me to lose people one after another. Might have to wait til I can come up with a strategy of better units cause even with a op friend unit it just kills everyone

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ticket #1: Zidane (my 2nd) YES
Ticket #2: GOLD!!! Fucking Russell. Bladeblitz getting closer I guess.
Ticket #3: BEDILE
Ticket #4: EXDEATH (is that my 5th now?)
Ticket #5: Zidane (my 3rd??) Ok now what on earth could I use a DW for...
Ticket #6:
Maria

Goodnight, folks.

Razmos

Lol I suddenly can't play. Did 2 runs of hanging edge elite and got a connection error, and now I can't get back on at all

Damn, I'm just getting unlucky with that dragon. Just keeps going for that 100% full break then proceeds to kill every one. 4 times he does the same shit.

I have a feeling if I ever get a base 5 star it's gonna be one of the mages, physical DPS just isn't in my future.

Damn, I'm just getting unlucky with that dragon. Just keeps going for that 100% full break then proceeds to kill every one. 4 times he does the same shit.

stop using abilities and magic that hurt it, only use auto/normal attack, heal, and support abilities like embolden, provoke, and comeback.

I have a feeling if I ever get a base 5 star it's gonna be one of the mages, physical DPS just isn't in my future.

stop using abilities and magic that hurt it, only use auto/normal attack, heal, and support abilities like embolden, provoke, and comeback.

I don't. He uses it when I'm done attacking it with normal attacks and an Embolden.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Decided to do Dragon and Plant today.

Got both down with a party of 5, sadly I lost a unit during both >_>

KeRaSh

Ticket #1: Zidane (my 2nd) YES
Ticket #2: GOLD!!! Fucking Russell. Bladeblitz getting closer I guess.
Ticket #3: BEDILE
Ticket #4: EXDEATH (is that my 5th now?)
Ticket #5: Zidane (my 3rd??) Ok now what on earth could I use a DW for...
Ticket #6:
Maria

Goodnight, folks.

Wow! Two Zidanes in 5 pulls? That's crazy!

That two headed dragon is tough as hell. It keeps doing it's full break attack on the first turn which cause me to lose people one after another. Might have to wait til I can come up with a strategy of better units cause even with a op friend unit it just kills everyone

Not sure if you want to figure it out yourself so I'll spoiler tag it just in case.
Don't use offensive abilities unless the dragon uses Boost. Boost will always be followed by a strong AOE attack with silence and blind so you won't be countered with the AOE Full Break. If you can't survive that attack you might still want to just defend on those turns.
Offensive Magic is only allowed on odd turns (1, 3, 5, ...), otherwise you will be countered hard. Curing magic is always safe.
Here's a nice summary on reddit.

/edit: Beaten like a GUMI employee trying to complete a scheduled maintenance on time.

Razmos

I absolutely hate with a passion that we need to include the character in the party to recieve the bonus. I actually struggle doing Hanging Edge elite and having to forcibly handicap myself using a level 1 character is ridiculous.

Wow! Two Zidanes in 5 pulls? That's crazy!

Not sure if you want to figure it out yourself so I'll spoiler tag it just in case.
Don't use offensive abilities unless the dragon uses Boost. Boost will always be followed by a strong AOE attack with silence and blind so you won't be countered with the AOE Full Break. If you can't survive that attack you might still want to just defend on those turns.
Offensive Magic is only allowed on odd turns (1, 3, 5, ...), otherwise you will be countered hard. Curing magic is always safe.
Here's a nice summary on reddit.

/edit: Beaten like a GUMI employee trying to complete a scheduled maintenance on time.
He does it first after I Embolden my characters and attack with normal attacks on first turn. Then proceeds to wreak everyone one by one. It confuses me because I'm following what I read there and it isn't working. I guess I shouldn't Embolden and just attack and cure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom