• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Looking at future tanks, Wilhelm seems to be amazing (1st Tidus banner).
He got Draw Attacks 50% / Counter 60% / +30% HP, +20% SPR and +80% DEF (with heavy shield/armor)

Then super provoke (3 Turn +100% Chance to be Targeted & Self 3 Turn 30% Damage Reduction) / Guard smite (140% ST Physical Attack & Self 1 Turn 50% Damage Reduction) / +75% DEF/SPR if he gets below 30% HP and finally his LB (AoE 1 Turn 30% Damage Reduction & Self 3 Turn +50% DEF -> AoE 1 Turn 54% Damage Reduction & Self 3 Turn +74% DEF)

I can clearly see his problem though, he tank and nothing else, aside from super Focus (AoE 5 Turn +45% DEF/SPR), here's his wiki page if you wanna check it out.
On Altema he is ranked 94/100, just like Warrior of Light (Cecil at 93), 5* base though.

Valentus

Yay!

Cleared ELT again with my no-tm, no base 5star (now for real, using a scrub friend) with a different party, but now also i cleared the 3 achievements in the same fight!

Uploading video now

Syntsui

You don't need a full team of Shanttotos to decimate the arena. 2 of them with chained Tornado wrecks shop, lol. Heck, I was wrecking shop with Dark Fina, Shanttoto, and Y'shtola chaining Aerogas and Tornado, lol.
What are the chances of any Shanttoto surviving if you don't get the first turn? I imagine her 5* stats won't be enough against any average damage attack.

Syntsui

http://altema.jp/ffbe/chara/63

Her 5 star stats are there. It's a bit rough but you can get her HP up high enough to survive. I've used her for arena myself and didn't have a ton of issues with her dying.
That's even lower than I was expecting x.x

She would absolutely need some gear/materia to up that to at least near 4k,then it would be safer I guess.

Right now my weakest member is Exdeath with around 3,1k HP and he absolutely can't survive a bad 1 turn, dies way too often. Considering a Shanttoto team would really on her Aerogas to chain, if she dies it's pretty much over.

Shouta

That's even lower than I was expecting x.x

She would absolutely need some gear/materia to up that to at least near 4k,then it would be safer I guess.

Won't be hard when she gets her 5-star. She'll have Gear specific to her and there'll be more materia and gear available.

Alkez

Yay!

Cleared ELT again with my no-tm, no base 5star (now for real, using a scrub friend) with a different party, but now also i cleared the 3 achievements in the same fight!

Uploading video now

Damn good stuff man. You should promote your stuff on reddit as well if you don't. I'm sure there's a lot of people that could use these videos.

Xion86

Yay!

Uploading video now

Wow nice one! :)

Been so busy today, need to make use of my NRG now. Will probably do a couple of refreshes too. Finished all the Elt rewards too so back to TM farming. Staying strong and sticking to Daily pulls only too.

Alkez

My friend convinced me to do a few more pulls and my dumbass complied. Got Luka and Terra, which isn't so bad but for me was a waste of 2 tickets.

Moral of the story: quit while you're ahead.

Does anyone have a pic of the daily login rewards seeing as we can't see it in the game? I would like to know when I'm getting back the tickets that I wasted lol.

Broseybrose

1st Excalibur GET! That's my 4th premium TM. (DW, DC, Rising Sun)

2nd at 90%

Also working on Blade Mastery, Sakurafubuki, Viking Axe, DW #2

Edit - Only got one spot left on the friends list!

Welcome to the GAF fold, my new friends!

Kouriozan

My friend convinced me to do a few more pulls and my dumbass complied. Got Luka and Terra, which isn't so bad but for me was a waste of 2 tickets.

Moral of the story: quit while you're ahead.

Does anyone have a pic of the daily login rewards seeing as we can't see it in the game? I would like to know when I'm getting back the tickets that I wasted lol.
Yep, there http://m.imgur.com/uSphCYm (from reddit)

Valentus

That's really impressive, congrats!

Damn good stuff man. You should promote your stuff on reddit as well if you don't. I'm sure there's a lot of people that could use these videos.

Wow nice one! :)

Been so busy today, need to make use of my NRG now. Will probably do a couple of refreshes too. Finished all the Elt rewards too so back to TM farming. Staying strong and sticking to Daily pulls only too.

Thanks all!

I posted my first video in the aquapolis megathread on reddit, but it looks like nobody gives a fuck xD

Anyway, heres the video. The fight with fina starts in 13:45

Basically the team i used this time was the following:

Refia
Cecil
Cloud of Darkness
Ingus
Exdeath
Friend Exdeath (if someone of you is coops, thanks for the tm-free exdeath!)

The fight was basically a little more defensive than the last fight.

First turn:

Cecil LB
Refia Barthundara
Ingus Full Break
CoD Barrage
Both Exdeaths Wicked Light

After Fina poisons my party and confuses 1 exdeath

Second Turn:

Cecil Focus (more MAG for the Exdeaths)
Ingus Imperil (more holy weakness)
CoD comeback (get rid of poison and the confuse)
Refia Curaja
Both Exdeaths Wicked Light

After that, and i can activate provoke, i had the control of the fight the whole time.

My refia had less hp this time because i had to share the HP equipment with my exdeath too.
Also did a tweak in Cecil and reduced a little his HP and equipped a Jeweled ring (inmune to palsy and stone)... with provoke, that worked wonderful.

Weird that i activated the esper in the last moment of the fight before fina dies but the game didnt gave me the achievement... bad timming? but anyway, for my its 3 achievements clear xD

Kouriozan

I blame CoD longass attack animation otherwise you would have got the finish with esper mission.
But Ingus surviving the whole fight with 3k HP is really incredible.

Valentus

Okay thanks!

Will I eventually need to get those top tier units on banners or can you survive in this game with what I have?

You dont need top tier units, you need to pull units to have a spectrum of different units to build a strategy.

All the content can be cleared without TMs or base 5star units. You only need to build a good team for each situation.

Zhadgon

Well today I have enter into the Black Cowl club and probably finish Rising Sun today.

So right now my team is:

Lightning
CoD
ExDeath
Refia
Cecil

Leveling up: Chizuru *6 (Lv.70)

My Premium TM's are: Dual Wield, Dual Cast, Black Cowl and Rising Sun.

I am trying to upgrade my Lightning so right now cooking:

Cecil - Excalibur (33.2%)
Chizuru - Blade Mastery (37.2%)
Miyuki - Sakurafubuki (32.8%)

With my open spaces, which TM's should be next?

Snow - Champion's Belt
3 x Gaffgarion - Bracer
Maxwell - Power of Creation
Fencer - Lunge Combo

.n_n.

H3xum

Well after the Noctis debacle I decided I am done pulling for ever, basically, and have just been focusing on TMs.

Playing the game in the future, like any good Gaffer does, I am working on Firion. I finished Kaiser knuckles today and I have Blade Mastery done. I currently am TM farming 3 Snows (going to fuse two and raise one all the way for a total of two belts) and then after that I will start on my Sakufwhatevers to pair with the blade mastery. Or, I might skip the katana and do Mercedes (I have 3 of her so I could get her axe relatively quickly) and then work on PoC and Black Cowl. OR I might skip Mercedes since I already have an Excalibur and maybe farm Save the Queen for future Garland?

Thoughts?

Kouriozan

Yep I agree with Valentus, since there seem to be a lot of newcomer, one of latest JP's version hardest boss can be done with all base 3* characters (and apparently no TMs too appart from the friend), video proof : https://youtu.be/rMcW5RxWdU8
Team building is very important, you can fail with 5* base too, they just speed up the fights by doing more damage.

By the way, anyone know where the video's music come from?

Shouta

Yep I agree with Valentus, since there seem to be a lot of newcomer, one of latest JP's version hardest boss can be done with all base 3* characters (and apparently no TMs too appart from the friend), video proof : https://youtu.be/rMcW5RxWdU8
Team building is very important, you can fail with 5* base too, they just speed up the fights by doing more damage.

Limited time only boss, I think.

Valentus

Well today I have enter into the Black Cowl club and probably finish Rising Sun today.

So right now my team is:

Lightning
CoD
ExDeath
Refia
Cecil

Leveling up: Chizuru *6 (Lv.70)

My Premium TM's are: Dual Wield, Dual Cast, Black Cowl and Rising Sun.

I am trying to upgrade my Lightning so right now cooking:

Cecil - Excalibur (33.2%)
Chizuru - Blade Mastery (37.2%)
Miyuki - Sakurafubuki (32.8%)

With my open spaces, which TM's should be next?

Snow - Champion's Belt
3 x Gaffgarion - Bracer
Maxwell - Power of Creation
Fencer - Lunge Combo

.n_n.

gaffgarion x2. Get this bracer quickly. When you get one spot free, put the maxwell.

Well after the Noctis debacle I decided I am done pulling for ever, basically, and have just been focusing on TMs.

Playing the game in the future, like any good Gaffer does, I am working on Firion. I finished Kaiser knuckles today and I have Blade Mastery done. I currently am TM farming 3 Snows (going to fuse two and raise one all the way for a total of two belts) and then after that I will start on my Sakufwhatevers to pair with the blade mastery. Or, I might skip the katana and do Mercedes (I have 3 of her so I could get her axe relatively quickly) and then work on PoC and Black Cowl. OR I might skip Mercedes since I already have an Excalibur and maybe farm Save the Queen for future Garland?

Thoughts?

Mercedes is a tank with 2 axes. If you cant get 2 axes, you can compesate with equip L sword and equip a Save the Queen or Excalibur on Mercedes other hand, but you wont be able to reach 800 ATK (850 with 2 axes)

You should keep focusing in your firion. It will payoff when he gets his 6star

Okay thanks!

Will I eventually need to get those top tier units on banners or can you survive in this game with what I have?

Garland and Firion will be wrecking shit like crazy in the near future

Bartz is a decent all rounder

Warrior of light becomes an amazong offensive tank

Refia will remain one of the best healers you can get for a long time

Dump all moogles into that zidane and get dual weild asap

Broseybrose

Just beat 2 headed Dragon on first try!

CoD DW Thorned Mace/Rising Sun
Cecil
Refia DC
Kain
Bartz
(Noctis friend)

With Grand Helm my Cecil has 551 DEF lol.

Also got Chiz to 6* lvl 89 and Mercedes to 6* lvl 57.

Snow is still 4* lvl 1. Ill get to him eventually.

Slowly leveling Cerius. She just got 4*. I suppose Ill get to Medius eventually.

Agrias, Firion, Garland, WoL, Tillith, Kefka, Terra, Rain, and Im pretty sure everyone else who is eligible is sitting at 5* max waiting for 6*

Valentus

Garland and Firion will be wrecking shit like crazy in the near future

Bartz is a decent all rounder

Warrior of light becomes an amazong offensive tank

Refia will remain one of the best healers you can get for a long time

Dump all moogles into that zidane and get dual weild asap

I dont know how much "offensive" tank WoL is...

Yes he has bladeblitz (lolz) and full break, and AoE breaks... but the 3 master moves he had are

30% counter magic/phys with curing himself 25% HP/MP

+100% DEF when hp goes 30% (if this buff is like Elza's that can last all the battle, then WoL can auto generate this buff with darkness and then just throw an elixir to him)

The Light is with Us (AoE Sentinel)

And thats are defensive skills.

I categorize WoL as a "Debuff Tank" like Cecil is a "Party Buff Tank"

I dont know how much "offensive" tank WoL is...

Yes he has bladeblitz (lolz) and full break, and AoE breaks... but the 3 master moves he had are

30% counter magic/phys with curing himself 25% HP/MP

+100% DEF when hp goes 30% (if this buff is like Elza's that can last all the battle, then WoL can auto generate this buff with darkness and then just throw an elixir to him)

The Light is with Us (AoE Sentinel)

And thats are defensive skills.

I categorize WoL as a "Debuff Tank" like Cecil is a "Party Buff Tank"

Semantics!!!

But yeah still an amazing tank once he gets his upgrade

Iceman829

Looks like someone gave me the boot on the friends list

713, 130, 495

feel free to add me. I just got my dualcast today, so I'm working on my ATK tms now. Just have gaf in the tag :)

Zhadgon

gaffgarion x2. Get this bracer quickly. When you get one spot free, put the maxwell.

Mercedes is a tank with 2 axes. If you cant get 2 axes, you can compesate with equip L sword and equip a Save the Queen or Excalibur on Mercedes other hand, but you wont be able to reach 800 ATK (850 with 2 axes)

You should keep focusing in your firion. It will payoff when he gets his 6star
So should I farm only one bracer? (Fuse two of my Gaffgarion).

Thanks for the response.

.n_n.

I find it odd when people say they have a "main team." I have no main team anymore, just a bunch of different ones depending on the situation, the only real main stay(s) are probably Noctis and Lightning.(my only base 5 stars)

Alkez

I'm taking a look at the future banners to see if there's any tms I'm interested in pulling for. Currently sitting at 48 tickets.

Zero part 1 - nothing
Tactics part 2 - nothing
BE - shine
Zero part 2 - nothing
2 - guy
DQ - (will we get this banner?)

Seems like I might as well pursue a 4th Elle.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong against ELT Fina.

Agrias
DKC
Chizuru
Cecil
Refia

All maxed levels/rarities

My equipment isn't super awful, but I don't have any TMs other than DKC having Barrage (I haven't been farming anyone else's since I got that last week). Even taking a 700-800 ATK Noctis with me I can barely get her to 50% before the pain comes. The status hits are the freaking worst part, so I flipped things around a few different ways to try mitigating it or just blasting past the threshold to kill her, but I'm not doing enough damage for that, now.

Also, I REALLY wish the damned thing wouldn't crash, nuking my NRG at the same time. I understand not continuing but taking my NRG, going in and the game crashing when it tried to load the first battle is rat's ass.

Alkez

I find it odd when people say they have a "main team." I have no main team anymore, just a bunch of different ones depending on the situation, the only real main stay(s) are probably Noctis and Lightning.(my only base 5 stars)

For me when I say my main team I mean the team that I would take if I'm going in to an encounter completely blind. Because of JP it's mainly for global exclusive events though.

Ken

I feel like I'm doing something wrong against ELT Fina.

Agrias
DKC
Chizuru
Cecil
Refia

All maxed levels/rarities

My equipment isn't super awful, but I don't have any TMs other than DKC having Barrage (I haven't been farming anyone else's since I got that last week). Even taking a 700-800 ATK Noctis with me I can barely get her to 50% before the pain comes. The status hits are the freaking worst part, so I flipped things around a few different ways to try mitigating it or just blasting past the threshold to kill her, but I'm not doing enough damage for that, now.

Also, I REALLY wish the damned thing wouldn't crash, nuking my NRG at the same time. I understand not continuing but taking my NRG, going in and the game crashing when it tried to load the first battle is rat's ass.

You don't have anyone using dark damage or weapons right.

Valentus

Zero part 2 - nothing

you dont want the

ATK/DEF +20% materia? (from a base 3 star)
Or the ATK+30% / HP+20% materia? (from queen, base 5 star?)
Or the EXP+50% materia? (from base 4 star)
Or the HP/MP+15% materia? (from a base 3star)

I mean, if you are looking in future tms, FFZero part 2 is fucking amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom