• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've got a 6* Cecil, ExDeath, and Chizuru, a 5* Bartz, Agrias, WOL, Minfilia, and Y'shtola, and a 4* Snow, Luka, Refia, Soleil, Xon, Firion and Garnet. Think I got everyone of worth in here. What's the best way to go about making a decent all around team without spending money? At least one that can take on these special events. I can't find any of the upgrade materials to get to 6* outside of events as well.

Also, does the English version have upgrading the crystals during summons? I swear mine never breaks into a higher tier.

robotuw

So I've got a 6* Cecil, ExDeath, and Chizuru, a 5* Bartz, Agrias, WOL, Minfilia, and Y'shtola, and a 4* Snow, Luka, Refia, Soleil, Xon, Firion and Garnet. Think I got everyone of worth in here. What's the best way to go about making a decent all around team without spending money? At least one that can take on these special events. I can't find any of the upgrade materials to get to 6* outside of events as well.

Also, does the English version have upgrading the crystals during summons? I swear mine never breaks into a higher tier.

Leveling your team is the first step. It'll depend on what you are tackling but a suggested team out of that list is Cecil, Exdeath, Chizuru, Y'shtola, and Firion. So work on getting them all max level. That'll get you through a lot of stuff. Start doing the story if you haven't already. That will get you a lot of lapis (which you should save) and equipment to boost your team. Once that's done the next best equipment tier is event stuff, which is typically not too hard to get and just takes time. The next mog king event coming on Friday will likely have a few things you'll want to get. The next step after that is TM's, which is probably not worth worrying about if you're just starting. Check out the OT for useful guides and links or just ask us here if you want more info.

Crystals do upgrade, it's just really rare (5% rate I think?)

Valentus

Leveling your team is the first step. It'll depend on what you are tackling but a suggested team out of that list is Cecil, Exdeath, Chizuru, Y'shtola, and Firion. So work on getting them all max level. That'll get you through a lot of stuff. Start doing the story if you haven't already. That will get you a lot of lapis (which you should save) and equipment to boost your team. Once that's done the next best equipment tier is event stuff, which is typically not too hard to get and just takes time. The next mog king event coming on Friday will likely have a few things you'll want to get. The next step after that is TM's, which is probably not worth worrying about if you're just starting. Check out the OT for useful guides and links or just ask us here if you want more info.

you in the moment press the "pull button" the game already decided which crystal you got. The way to present that in the screen (rainbow diectly or blue-gold-rainbow) are only shenanigans to make the pull more dramatic.

I've finished the story (Or where we are currently at) and sitting on 11670 lapis with about 5 rare tickets and that one 4* ticket that we just got. Not going to bother chasing Lightning or doing dailys until the Egg group is off. Do we have anything good coming up? I'm waiting for the 6* Agrias upgrade, Gumi.

EDarkness

Awesome! Terra is getting her 6* form and we're also getting Trance Terra as well. I doubt I'll get lucky enough to get her, but I'd still like to add her to my collection. I use Terra all the time, so getting her to 6* would be ace. Not too happy about another farming event, though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So it's the first Mogking out of order. Skipping over DQ and Zero Part III.

I could do without the Zero Part III, but do want to see the DQ for my LMS.

But on the positive side, since the VI is an actual good banner, I think it bolds well for Eileen following.

of the trance terra banner, anyone has a decent tmr?
I already have two top tier mages (dark fina and emperor) so I might as well skip it :X

Zalasta

I have been consistently crashing out of the app while trying to access magic or items from the menu during exploration (outside of combat). Anyone experience that as well?

Alkez

Why you keeping FF Type-0 away from me Gumi!

Dw Ken, I want Rem as well lol.

Dammit Gumi, give us a break.

4th farming event in a row. Ifrit Raid, Auracite, Egg Seekers, and now FF6 Mog King?

Ffs, give us a one and done event in between.

FF6 is Mog King? Damn. At least we can never complain that we're bored lol. Did Ariana event today. Doing egg farming tomorrow. Was going to do trial next weekend but guess I'm doing mog king lol.

It never ends...

Well, out of curiosity I used up them unit summon coupons and got myself a 4* Vanille and 4* Seven. Can units get promoted to higher star ranks?

Celegus

If Setzer is good for chaining, does that mean I would need two of him? Not sure I like my chances of that after this Xon fiasco. Though he is one of my favorites from the best game in the series so I really want one regardless.

Kinda bummed it's another mog king, going on a trip next week so I'll miss a good part of it. At least we have a quick energy dump in the chamber of gems now!

Valentus

Someone translated the Q&A from the TW stream today

5) I spent so much money yet I got nothing. It feels very hard to keep on playing. Customer service is also very slow. I rotted while waiting. (WTF?)

A: It's hard to say.. but keep playing maybe your luck will change. There are alot of good characters that can substitute what you don't get. Customer service has many problems right now. There are alot of divisions to go through and hence we're really sorry about it. We will try to improve.

FUCK YOU GUMI

8) When will DQ be coming? Can you add in even more events and characters?

A: When we consider DQ, we need to consider a global view. Only taiwan and japan may know about it. But countries like europe or america may not know much about this and thus they may not release events such as this. (Cry people)

FUCK YOU X10000000000 GUMI

Syntsui

I don't mind if we don't get Dragon Quest, but that argument is absolutely bullshit. Dragon Quest is light years above Secret of Mana as far as recognition goes and we got that piece of shit. Also, no one that doesn't know Squenix IPs is playing this game.

Trance Terra TM: Acc - 12 DEF/SPR +30% MP, grants dualcast.

Basically, the genji glove for mages/healers
Good but not great i guess?
Mage without dual cast are usually donkeys anyway..
Healers without dual cast are quite common, so trance terra is solid for them i guess.. But ludmille gives similar benefit with a much easier get rate..

Side note.. Next mog king is ff6 themed then?
Ugh

Valentus

What's Setzers and Gau's TMs? Any of them worth farming?

Gau is a materia that grants a skill that does 250% AoE 1 hit physical attack with 25% def ignore

Setzer TM is a weapon (projectile) that has 1 ATK... but everytime you normal attack does random 120% - 650% damage (dont know if is fixed or not)

Both tms are very very niche... only Trance Terra TM is really good... and not even that good because more top tier mages and healers have dualcast.

c-murph

Gau is a materia that grants a skill that does 250% AoE 1 hit physical attack with 25% def ignore

Setzer TM is a weapon (projectile) that has 1 ATK... but everytime you normal attack does random 120% - 650% damage (dont know if is fixed or not)

Both tms are very very niche... only Trance Terra TM is really good... and not even that good because more top tier mages and healers have dualcast.

I think I'll pass next banner. Help me save more tickets for Rikku and Ayaka!

Thanks Val.

mstevens

you in the moment press the "pull button" the game already decided which crystal you got. The way to present that in the screen (rainbow diectly or blue-gold-rainbow) are only shenanigans to make the pull more dramatic.

Except when it goes from Blue-Rainbow Noctis. Then it's a fake.

Too much stuff to do right now. Can't decide if I should farm metal eggs (I already bought all 8 chrysts).....Farm Cactuars and hoard them for Eileen or whatever is next....farm more ADV trial and just level randos.
Yea this is a pretty busy time. I've been leveling a slew of characters with ADV. This is great and I want to get it done before they nerf it.

I have all the gear from the egg event and a stock of them. Once I level the last remaining characters I want , I am going to keep it up until I finish off my espers and get the last two Crysts I want.

Really tho, this event has been awesome. Gil, cactuar, megacites.

Xion86

Does anyone use NoX? Is there anyway to get that stupid grey bar with "Today's pick" game downloaded at the bottom of the screen? Or stop it from downloading games full stop.

Seems like 3 GAF players on my list quit, got some room, send me a request if you haven't!

xdxtJVvl.png

Yeah, wtf is going on. This is only happening on the newest version.

Looks like you quoted me from the future!
It's very annoying, as when the game closes, the script will click the game in the middle of the grey bar and try Login to Google Play. Tried everything to get rid of the bar but no luck. It's the only thing which annoys me right now.

Syntsui

Does anyone use NoX? Is there anyway to get that stupid grey bar with "Today's pick" game downloaded at the bottom of the screen? Or stop it from downloading games full stop.

Yeah, wtf is going on. This is only happening on the newest version.

c-murph

I still have some ancient accounts I should remove from my friend list too. I always kept it full because empty spaces messed with my TM farming after the macro cycled through all my friends. I don't think that's no longer an issue... So, I should clean house and see if any newbies wanna join.

Anustart

So yesterday I unlocked the exp dungeon thing.

Today I decided to do the gil version, become a gillionaire it said.

.....the highest one rewards like 5000 gil.

Alkez

I don't mind if we don't get Dragon Quest, but that argument is absolutely bullshit. Dragon Quest is light years above Secret of Mana as far as recognition goes and we got that piece of shit. Also, no one that doesn't know Squenix IPs is playing this game.

The thing about this is some of it is just lost in translation, both with the question and with the answer.

Afaik it isn't meant to be a Dragon Quest collab, it was specifically a Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light collab, and that game didn't fully release in the west (I believe).

Hence the lost in translation. People are asking for the DQ collab and they assume we're talking about the DQMSL collab. So when they say we may not know they mean we may not about that title that the collab is for. But when that's translated back it comes across as them saying we may not know DQ, because that's what we asked.

I guess this whole thing just proves what they're saying is correct.

Lyrian

The goddamn assets are in the game and this contradicts a previous interview, where they said it is coming.

We miss it, we lose out on the best goddamn magic tank and cutest!

Far late to this party, but I was afraid of this happening.

Gumi says yes.... but Squeenix has cold feet on the matter. That puts a very serious damper on any future collabs that are Squeenix IPs making it out of Japan. If DQ can't make it, I wouldn't expect the Monster Hunter or the Imperial Saga collabs to make it across the ocean either.

Instead, be prepared for more Global Exclusive Content.

From the responses, as we kind of already knew, Gumi is aware of what was meta-shifting in JP and is taking active stances to avoid introducing these units as long as possible.

Going to FF6 skips right over BF-2. Tilith 6* is going to be delayed for a really, really long time intentionally, just like Orlandeau.

Interesting other responses on events in JP not appearing on Global:

-- Why no Dunes/Gil Snapper PRO? --> Because they want people to run the events and not the weekend events. They strongly dislike how the PRO floors have altered JP player behavior.

-- Why is there an weekend event rotation for Global when the dungeons are all up every weekend on JP? ---> Same answer as the previous question. Devs specifically noted that at this time, there is no consideration to implement this in the future for Global.

-- Where is INT Maze? --> Specifically mentioned to be too OP for global. Again, same answer as above. Ask again in a few months, perhaps around the anniversary.

-- Also.... Ling may be coming back on a future banner (for Muku). Pretty strong tease there.

-- Also, in development currently.... unit specific equipment loadouts per team, which are saved for future convenience. Working towards JP implementation --> then Global.

Also, Reddit seems to be saying Mysidia Part 2 will be next week as well? Already? I don't mind the free lapis. Bring it on.

Alkez

If DQ can't make it, I wouldn't expect the Monster Hunter or the Imperial Saga collabs to make it across the ocean either.

Monster Hunter is in a similar boat as DQ. Again, afaik it wasn't a series collab but a collab with Monster Hunter Explore, which never launched in the west outside of Canada apparently. Until BE did the collaboration I had never even heard of it lol.

Celegus

The goddamn assets are in the game and this contradicts a previous interview, where they said it is coming.

We miss it, we lose out on the best goddamn magic tank and cutest!

What a bummer! I've really been looking forward to the DQ event. They better come up with some other global exclusive magic tank if they're really skipping it entirely.

Valentus

So the first week we got the King Mog event, and week 2 we will get the Kefka trial (with mog king also active)

that trial will be fun... to see how the fuck we can clear it without WoL and Tilith 6 star xD

Also, if gumi didnt give us some fuckery... because people with orlandu and Fryevia can cheese him, but for the rest... pray the lord xD

(the trial isnt hard. Kefka has inmunity to all elements, and each turn kefka dispels himself and takes away the inmunity of 1 random element, and he attacks with magic of the opposite element... very heavy damage. So the thing is wait for kefka to debuff himself with Holy or Ice and cheese him with orlandu or fryevia)

Alkez

So the first week we got the King Mog event, and week 2 we will get the Kefka trial (with mog king also active)

that trial will be fun... to see how the fuck we can clear it without WoL and Tilith 6 star xD

Also, if gumi didnt give us some fuckery... because people with orlandu and Fryevia can cheese him, but for the rest... pray the lord xD

(the trial isnt hard. Kefka has inmunity to all elements, and each turn kefka dispels himself and takes away the inmunity of 1 random element, and he attacks with magic of the opposite element... very heavy damage. So the thing is wait for kefka to debuff himself with Holy or Ice and cheese him with orlandu or fryevia)

Ah I see. I knew about the Kefka battle which is why I was surprised that it's a mog king event. The Kefka fight looks fun.

Valentus

The fuck, NA/EU don't know about Dragon Quest?!
My god this is so stupid I can't facepalm enough.

As a DQ fan this hurt so much reading it. :(

My love for JRPGs was with Dragon Warrior for NES. It was the first game of the "RPG" genre i played. I love Final Fantasy, but squenix made me love FF because the lack of Dragon Quest in the West.

But i think the director was talking about Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light, the game that the collaboration was about, and he is right, the game hasnt arrived to the West and probably 99% of the 11 million players of Exvius doesnt even know that that game exists.

But the characters of the game are generic characters, you can make a collab of generic dragon quest and Done.

WE NEED THAT +40% ATK MATERIA FUCKING GUMI.

Kouriozan

Played the JP version of Super Light a bit but the language barrier was too much.
Then I tried the english Taiwanese version but couldn't make an iTune account for that country so I gave up.

If you read the "DQMSL softlaunched in English" thread, you'll see that I was excited for it, sadly it never launched WW.

Valentus

Yeah, in the Exvius soft launch day, i played a lot un the super light south Asia version. I even payed some bucks yo make some pulls because the dragon quest Fanboy inside me demanded lmao.

Then my Facebook login stopped working and i cant enter the Game anymore. But after seeying all the jp version has to offer and how outdated the south Asia version is, i think It was for the best

Muku

.... another farming event. And then they're going to wonder why suddenly no one is playing this damn game. BECAUSE YOU BURNT YOUR WHOLE PLAYER BASE TO DEATH! Ffffff. This is getting real tiring real quick. Hopefully they do something to make me hate this Mog King event. >_>

Also... c-murph, we know damn well I'm not getting that Terra. :p Right now I was hoping to get Fry just so I could get her sword. That's not happening either. I had to pull hard to get Orlandu. I burned up whatever Rainbow luck until 2200.

And W-T-F @ that translation. Plus... what kind of bullshit response is that "Keep playing maybe your luck will change". There's only so long you can go on fumes.

Muku

I don't think GL is going to get the love Japan did.

Well, just got Patches. Too bad it won't give me enough to finish off the Vestment, ugh. Just need one more... And I keep getting rid of Fryevia's beyond 20. I'll keep 20 should I get her (I'd be lucky to get her once), so I can get that sword. I know damn well soon as I sold ALL of them I'd get her.

Lyrian

.... another farming event. And then they're going to wonder why suddenly no one is playing this damn game. BECAUSE YOU BURNT YOUR WHOLE PLAYER BASE TO DEATH! Ffffff. This is getting real tiring real quick. Hopefully they do something to make me hate this Mog King event. >_>

And W-T-F @ that translation. Plus... what kind of bullshit response is that "Keep playing maybe your luck will change". There's only so long you can go on fumes.

Hopefully, this will be an easy Mog King and it can be cleared out in a few days be done with it.

And... um... what did you want the devs to say about that comment? Gacha games are built on the premise on players losing when pulling for units. That's how they make money. The game wouldn't be financially successful if everyone could easily get the 5* base each week with free lapis/tickets with any consistency.

It's not like they are going to come out and say "Sucks that you had shit luck, but thanks for making us a ton of money! Hope you continue to have bad luck in the future for our continued financial gain!".

tuffymon

Hopefully, this will be an easy Mog King and it can be cleared out in a few days be done with it.

And... um... what did you want the devs to say about that comment? Gacha games are built on the premise on players losing when pulling for units. That's how they make money. The game wouldn't be financially successful if everyone could easily get the 5* base each week with free lapis/tickets with any consistency.

It's not like they are going to come out and say "Sucks that you had shit luck, but thanks for making us a ton of money! Hope you continue to have bad luck in the future for our continued financial gain!".

While I agree they gotta make money, we've seen a pretty wide selection of people getting extremely lucky and unlucky... There should be some sorta method in place that after X amount of pulls (200?), here's a 5* ticket. Not saying you'll hit that oh em gee banner unit your eye was on, but at least here's a chance for being a good customer.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ex System and a Rank system should be in play.

No reason to have a general system, but focus on making paying customers happy.

Ken

the mogking seems kinda poopy

1200 MATERIA +5% ATK/DEF/+10% MP
1200 MATERIA 魔導戦士 +5% MAG/SPR/+10% MP
3000 EQUIP ベレーぼう -- 10 DEF 10 SPR Hat, Skills: [魔力+10%] +10% MAG
10000 EQUIP ゴロネコスーツ -- 30 DEF 20 SPR Clothes, 100 Poison Resist, Skills: [HP+10%] +10% HP, [MP+10%] +10% MP
15000 MATERIA MP+15% -- +15% MP
70000 MATERIA 攻撃+15% -- +15% ATK

Celegus

the mogking seems kinda poopy

1200 MATERIA +5% ATK/DEF/+10% MP
1200 MATERIA 魔導戦士 +5% MAG/SPR/+10% MP
3000 EQUIP ベレーぼう -- 10 DEF 10 SPR Hat, Skills: [魔力+10%] +10% MAG
10000 EQUIP ゴロネコスーツ -- 30 DEF 20 SPR Clothes, 100 Poison Resist, Skills: [HP+10%] +10% HP, [MP+10%] +10% MP
15000 MATERIA MP+15% -- +15% MP
70000 MATERIA 攻撃+15% -- +15% ATK

Is that what JP got? I'm sure they'll add something for global like they've been, that's all garbage to me. Though I guess I could just get the tickets and bounce, that's not such a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom