• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Ugghhh. I need to step my egg farming game up. I've been using my 6* Xon to steal each round of the Snow Peaks or what ever the hell it's called in Mysidia (I probably butchered that name too!) and I only had enough rainbows to get the power cryst. I need the Support and possibly healing one before this event ends.
How do you know which ones you'll need for the future? I haven't really been able to find much. Definitely want to get whatever Ramza needs but I'm not sure which. Support would be my guess.

evangd007

- Was surprised that the completion bonus for The Stage was Ariana. Then I noticed that one mission required her in party and remembered that a significant amount of people trashed her after they got the promotional lapis for acquiring her the first time around.

- Beat The Stage with Refia, Y'shtola, Ariana, Lightning, Chizuru, and a friend unit that dealt half damage due to Holy Resist.

- Had to do it twice due to Chizuru dying from a tri-dissonance turn. The fight is much easier and faster when you can use abilities. Chizuru was still using ATK+10% materia instead of Follower's Oath. I could probably get rid of all my 10% HP and 10% ATK materia at this point.

- I have enough rainbow eggs to get the power and support crysts. If no other purecryst is a priority, I'll probably stop farming eggs and go to the gem chamber.

- That awful awakening banner is up, but Egg seekers are still the daily?

Lyrian

Finished Olive's LB, and just pulled 3 more Burst Pots in a pull binge. Who is another worthy LB? I already have Cecil at max as well. Noctis is great, but would rather use it on someone that doesn't require 10 years or someone else feeding them to use it. Any future units with good ones?

Damn, I'm jealous. LB pots on this event, absolutely HATE me.

On the other hand, I don't know what to do with all of the King minitaurs that keep showing up. I've got enough 4* cactaurs to max out a fresh unit from scratch instantly.

For god's sake, I've maxed out WWFina with the spare normal cactaurs just to get them out of inventory. That's the definition of insanity.

How do you know which ones you'll need for the future? I haven't really been able to find much. Definitely want to get whatever Ramza needs but I'm not sure which. Support would be my guess.

To be honest, we don't. There's the list of what was required for JP on Reddit, but everyone knows at this point that Gumi can and will tinker with the recipe requirements and the order of release.

Also, you can almost guarantee that some kind of "global exclusive ability awakening" will show up at some point that is absolutely godly that will require a cryst that absolutely everyone is ignoring.

across

Power = Support > Guard > Black = Tech > Others.

Guard for Cecil and WoL. Black for Dark Fina, maybe Exdeath. Tech for Gilgamesh.

To be honest, we don't. There's the list of what was required for JP on Reddit, but everyone knows at this point that Gumi can and will tinker with the recipe requirements and the order of release.

Also, you can almost guarantee that some king of "global exclusive ability awakening" will show up at some point that is absolutely godly that will require a cryst time that absolutely everyone is ignoring.
The first paragraph is certainly a possibility, though I'd drop 'will' from 'can and will' until it happens. Order of release was always going to get an adjustment, but I'm not sure what the point of altering required crysts would be. When important stuff is gated behind Power and Support, the cryst grind is worse (because T4s are the primary gating mechanic). Gumi changing enhancements away from Power and Support to less common ones like Tech helps the player out considerably as well as completely distorting the (largely, though not entirely, intuitive) method of figuring out which abilities need which crysts.

The second is pretty likely. My prediction is a GL exclusive bard, maybe a 4*, with 70-80% of Ramza's Hero Rime +2 to drop within a month of Ramza getting enhancements. Incidentally, I'm not expecting his enhancements until Aigaion or so.

Syntsui

Making you chase the rainbow. Know damn well not getting her.

Why the fuck is the Easter shit still 1/2 price? I thought the new shit was going to be in place? Is it not? Guess I'm not getting Lightning. And I'm not even sure I want to pull ANOTHER week on this Easter shit when I'm only missing Freyvia.
Eastern shit still better than the new old shit though. You don't want Lightning, trust me. Bitch hits like a baby with plastic swords, can't chain if her life depended on it and has one of the lowest attacks in the 5* game.

Freaking Zidane runs circles around her irrelevant ass in the new world.

Muku

Eastern shit still better than the new old shit though. You don't want Lightning, trust me. Bitch hits like a baby with plastic swords, can't chain if her life depended on it and has one of the lowest attacks in the 5* game.

Freaking Zidane runs circles around her irrelevant ass in the new world.

Still better than some shit I have I'm sure. Either way, I don't want this Easter shit anymore. A week is plenty of time with that shit. Especially considering it's not limited time. We don't need 2 weeks with this crap.

Rixa

That's a 5 person team including companion. So apart from the specific mission, you can still bring in 6 people in total.

Alternatively you could bring noctis in and use him to replace Snow. Just have Noctis spam fish and cover?

Haha, I tried last night with Cecil, Noctis, Refia, Y's, Orlandaeu, Orandaeu and got owned every time :p was dealing out too much as Ifrit nearly got one shorted. Had small amount of health left and threshold instant wiped the team each time. Might give that strategy a try too.

So I finally got a one of the banner units today! Aiden. Been sticking to Dailies only.

Who even thought that roselia Will have mvp material XD

Grats Valentus \o/

Screenshot_20170414-181044.png
Screenshot_20170414-190207.png
Screenshot_20170414-190320.png

That guide worked.
First 5man try I forgot that stupid Dispel after Ifrit was dead.:p
Second 5man try I forgot to dispel when Siren started humming :p
Third 5man try I cleared it, FOrlandu died 3 times
Fourth try 6man party knew what to do :D.

A page or two back Across posted a snip that gave a quick look into what units use what alcryst.

robotuw

Does Giancryst actually drop in the gem vortex? Because after 2 whole days in there I've seen jack shit. Is there some other way of getting T4s?

Lyrian

Gumi changing enhancements away from Power and Support to less common ones like Tech helps the player out considerably as well as completely distorting the (largely, though not entirely, intuitive) method of figuring out which abilities need which crysts.

Depends.

That's quite possible of an outcome to occur. But if Gumi notices that everyone is purely focusing on Support and Power, they will throw an intentional curveball to get everyone out of their safe zone.

That said, it would be pretty hard to argue moving anything away from Power. However, the mental gymnastics needed to move something from Support to Tech or Healing (depending on the skill) is not that much of a stretch.

Lyrian

Does Giancryst actually drop in the gem vortex? Because after 2 whole days in there I've seen jack shit. Is there some other way of getting T4s?

Story events that haven't started yet on Global will offer them.

They do **technically** drop in the vortex, but yeah.... good luck with that. (I haven't seen a single one either yet.) I want to say that Nazta anecdotally posted yesterday the chance of a random T4 dropping was around 1 in 25 runs (multiplied by 3 for the specific color you want).

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Grats Valentus \o/

That guide worked.
First 5man try I forgot that stupid Dispel after Ifrit was dead.:p
Second 5man try I forgot to dispel when Siren started humming :p
Third 5man try I cleared it, FOrlandu died 3 times
Fourth try 6man party knew what to do :D.

Just to clarify - why does this method need both Cecil and Snow?

Rixa

Just to clarify - why does this method need both Cecil and Snow?

From that guide:

REQUIREMENTS

This time, no TMs (except for event/free ones) are needed at all, but it becomes a bit easier using Dualcast or Equip H Shield.

- A good healer (Refia is good, Y'shtola is better here however for reasons stated below)
- A Provoke tank (Snow is the best one, as he reaches 6 stars and also brings an ATK buff, Leo and Elle can work as well, although not 6 stars, Xon and Medius are options too)
- A cover tank (Cecil all the way, he is also able to heal and can equip barfira and barwatera)
- A defensive buffer (try to fit this role into one of your other characters, so Y'shtola comes to mind, Luka would also be able to fulfill this)
- An elemental buffer (Marie, Cerius, Minfilia)

I did use DC Refia instead Y'shtola

Alkez

Valentus

Wondering if I could swap Cecil and Snow with White Knight Noel.

If you have WKN you dont even need to do that strategy because white knight noel has "bring it on" that works as provoke and mitigates 50% of all damage.

Just equip WKN with siren esper, Flame Armor, Flame Shield, Water God Amulet, Cupid Sandals, and dark element resist materia, and with Bring it On, you should be more than fine.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
If you have WKN you dont even need to do that strategy because white knight noel has "bring it on" that works as provoke and mitigates 50% of all damage.

Just equip WKN with siren esper, Flame Armor, Flame Shield, Water God Amulet, Cupid Sandals, and dark element resist materia, and with Bring it On, you should be more than fine.

Thanks, I'll go with that.

Is there any option for someone that doesn't have the dark resistance materia?

Missed getting that one...

Valentus

Heres my video of the dark espers trial with Roselia MVP

Is there any option for someone that doesn't have the dark resistance materia?

Missed getting that one...

The problem is that for the first 5 turns you will have -50% dark element debuff, and if you are not good equip / potted, you could have problems. Its a thing of testing, but you should be able to endure it without that materia.

After those 5 turns, the trial becomes only a matter of respecting the thresholds.

Xion86

Took almost most the day but finally...

dQTCTFql.png

In the end I used Cecil, Orlandeau, Minfilia, Y and a friend Orlandeau, just to take them down quicker. MP really was a struggle. I wasn't going for the Esper evoke in the end, but I managed to pull off Siren and then had Dark Siren around 10-5% HP or ages until my bar refilled. Kept letting her spam the same moves and just had to keep my MP topped up and stay alive!! Was pretty damn tense.

Now I'll just add Snow and get the no KO reward! Shouldn't be too bad.

Shouta

Story events will supplement T4 and be the main source of T5 crysts in the future. T5s will be available during Mog King events too but at 100,000 currency for 1 (and only 1), it's kind of a shitty rate unless you're super lucky with bonus monsters and running a full set of bonus units.

With Story events, the cryst rewards are pretty damn great and in the high difficulty areas, they give you a guaranteed T4, I think anyway, from the boss for like ~90 EN. They also just started putting in a large amount of Lapis starting with this current one in JP involving the Ninjas and Samurai. It's about 350 per area with 10 areas in total giving you about 3500~ Lapis.

Syntsui

Story events will supplement T4 and be the main source of T5 crysts in the future. T5s will be available during Mog King events too but at 100,000 currency for 1 (and only 1), it's kind of a shitty rate unless you're super lucky with bonus monsters and running a full set of bonus units.

With Story events, the cryst rewards are pretty damn great and in the high difficulty areas, they give you a guaranteed T4, I think anyway, from the boss for like ~90 EN. They also just started putting in a large amount of Lapis starting with this current one in JP involving the Ninjas and Samurai. It's about 350 per area with 10 areas in total giving you about 3500~ Lapis.
Cant wait to get 100 lapis in those areas.

Too much stuff to do right now. Can't decide if I should farm metal eggs (I already bought all 8 chrysts).....Farm Cactuars and hoard them for Eileen or whatever is next....farm more ADV trial and just level randos.

Chinner

Banned

I was going to swap snow with noctis as my snow is nowhere near ready being used. Think it's feasible?

Was gonna run:
Noctis
Ling
Y'shtola
Minfilia
Cecil

Broseybrose

Ariana rewards out the way too. That No Ability was annoying, had to stick to attacks only and Curaja.

Im having a hard time with the no abilities. Im relying on 2 Exdeaths to chain thundaga with Ariana, but its really slow.

Maybe I should be going for physical damage? Swap them for Chiz and Firion maybe?

My only base 5* is Noctis. All anyone can do is normal attack.

She's also resistant to light and everyone on my FL has excal equipped.

Xion86

Im having a hard time with the no abilities. Im relying on 2 Exdeaths to chain thundaga with Ariana, but its really slow.

Maybe I should be going for physical damage? Swap them for Chiz and Firion maybe?

Oops, I forgot about the Light resist and had 2 Excal equipped! Oh well.

Focus on physical units doing normal attacks, takes a while. Dual cast / Presence of Mind and Curaja / Shellga is fine.

Lyrian

It's slow, no matter what. Even with 900-1000 ATK units.

It's almost completely safe for a standard ELT team with at least 4k health on everyone and moderately decent armor. Just need double Curaja to power through when her Dissonance strengthens after half life and she starts casting it 3x a round.

Took me 3 tries to realize that having Patches equipped was automatically disqualifying me from the "no abilities" achievement. Bleh.

Lyrian

Too much stuff to do right now. Can't decide if I should farm metal eggs (I already bought all 8 chrysts).....Farm Cactuars and hoard them for Eileen or whatever is next....farm more ADV trial and just level randos.

All 8 already? Yeesh.

I've only just claimed my 5th and I'm almost ready to poke out my eyes over all this grinding for 100 rainbow eggs (~250-300k metal eggs) each.

Take an Olive [Diabolos] friend. Or if you have Olive, take an Emperor friend.

robotuw

I tried to cheese Gilg with two Orlandus chaining, Cecil and Noctis provoking and Refia using embolden. I survived the first round just fine and took about half his health but the second round I didn't have embolden and couldn't finish him. The next turn he killed an Orlandu and I was doomed.

Is anyone with an OP Orlandu on my list willing to put Diabolos on him for a bit? With both Orlandus wearing man slayer I think I can take him in two turns and get the no item and 5-man achievements real easy.

Valentus

I was going to swap snow with noctis as my snow is nowhere near ready being used. Think it's feasible?

Was gonna run:
Noctis
Ling
Y'shtola
Minfilia
Cecil

I dont think noctis is suited to tank this trial. The reason is because elemental resistance is all un this trial.

You need heavy dark/fire/water resistance.

Snow is being usted because he with draw attacks lures the enemy attacks, but you need a second tank that has sentinel to cover the First tank with the 50% def/spr bonuses of sentinel

Kouriozan

Something that rarely happen, just ranked up and with Lasswell I haven't lost a single match.

Hec2U1Gl.jpg

Let's hope I'll be able to stay in top 3k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom