• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

I maxed Minfilia, Xon and Y'shtola. Until tomorrow I'll max out my second Dark Fina and Luka, then I'm done no one else is worth a shit.

Alkez

Gumi: Thanks for pre-compiling a list of units to delay their enhancements for at least 3 months!

LOL so true. Gumi be like "they've waited long enough...They can wait another 3 months for WoL 6*".

We are never seeing that guy.

Was it ever settled on what fryevia bis is?

There's two, a chainer and a finisher.

Chainer is Genji Gloves and 4 L&A, but she isn't able to be a chainer with only one other unit.

Finisher is single wielding magic build which can reach 1100+ mag, but the BiS requires 2 White Knight Noel and Marie.

Pejo

The first group of characters I maxed out with this chance were all of those damn story characters that need their 5* lvl 80 skills to get lapis from stages. Not that the 40 lapis I'll get will matter that much, it just annoys me to see an incomplete map.

Side note - Is there any reason to level both Lid and Black Cat Lid? Like, does regular Lid have any skills that her black cat version doesn't?

robotuw

Looking at the wiki, 90% of the "good" enhancements take either power or support gems. Seems like that's all you should really care about and the rest will come naturally as you try to farm those (with the exception of the highest tier of course).

Yea this ADV trick is awesome - maxed out my Mercedes, Fry, Xon, and working on Minfilia. Will get Shine maxed and hopefully Snow (if I can get those damn Holy Crystals!).

Also, thanks for all the info about enhancements. I'll have to do some research this evening.

So I can't make this shit up. I'm sure a couple of you remember months back I was bitching about 400+ pulls and getting notta.

Just now while waiting on a response to whether or not I should pull on rare or that easter thing, I did 1 rare summon with a ticket, got Noctis.

What do I do with this guy? Just got to the starting town. I'm scared.

What a pull - welcome back.

Wish I had those odds. In the back of my mind of every pull, it's, "Will I get Noctis this time?"

Kouriozan

Still no T4 support cryst and I am using all my NRG on the Gem Chamber.
Thankfully I only need 6 of them but that drop rates is deadly.

I'll take certainty over RNG any day of the week. It's not like other elements in the game aren't a grind anyway ;) Although for a real serious answer I'd need to know how many pieces fall per run.

Shouta

I'll take RNG over guaranteed because there's always a chance of getting it quick where that won't happen if you set the rates to be fixed.

Gonna give the game a shot again. Not going to worry about the .0000000001% chance to get a rainbow.

Are you rerolling? Most here don't agree with me BUT rerolling and going completely F2P has done wonders for me. I rerolled until I got top tier attacker (Olive), and then went through the plot. I'm at 4 5* base now (got my fourth today). I'm a lot happier now that I don't pay in the game. It takes a lot of the sting out of the game.

For the record I am two months clean on spending money on mobile this Sunday.

wilstreak

somehow i am beginning to think that unless you are a whale, base *5 are just used for showing off and not to be actually used in real combat.

I have 6 base 5* Lightning, DKC, Emperor, Randi, Gilgamesh, Olive and in the last 2 trial, i don't use any of them.

Somehow base 4* are actually the one most people used on trial (aka the real MVP). Unit like Ling, Refia, Minfilia, Xon. And between WoL, Rikku, Ashe, Tilith all being base 4* instead of 5*, it somehow affirmed my belief.

Sure base 5* is a hell lot stronger in dealing damage but most lack utility (except Noctis) and unless you are a whale that can one-shot all boss, it is safer to go with unit with a lot of utility.

It doesn't help that there is damage cap in Arena, making base *5 damage potential pointless.

Anustart

Are you rerolling? Most here don't agree with me BUT rerolling and going completely F2P has done wonders for me. I rerolled until I got top tier attacker (Olive), and then went through the plot. I'm at 4 5* base now (got my fourth today). I'm a lot happier now that I don't pay in the game. It takes a lot of the sting out of the game.

For the record I am two months clean on spending money on mobile this Sunday.

No re-rolling. Pulled noctis with my first summon ticket. Now just hoarding lapis til I dunno when!

Made it to the town outside castle before I stopped for a bit.

somehow i am beginning to think that unless you are a whale, base *5 are just used for showing off and not to be actually used in real combat.

I have 6 base 5* Lightning, DKC, Emperor, Randi, Gilgamesh, Olive and in the last 2 trial, i don't use any of them.

Somehow base 4* are actually the one most people used on trial (aka the real MVP). Unit like Ling, Refia, Minfilia, Xon. And between WoL, Rikku, Ashe, Tilith all being base 4* instead of 5*, it somehow affirmed my belief.

Sure base 5* is a hell lot stronger in dealing damage but most lack utility (except Noctis) and unless you are a whale that can one-shot all boss, it is safer to go with unit with a lot of utility.

It doesn't help that there is damage cap in Arena, making base *5 damage potential pointless.

You're right. This is the game's most open secret. Plus, in certain circumstances, base 3* units are optimal -- Cecil (for now) and Firion (as chain finisher when killers proc), for instance. Exdeath is still serviceable. Even Call of Duty can be useful. And we're slowly approaching the era where Agrias, WoL, and Tilith are top-tier.

For the last trial, I used Refia, Ling, Marie (although Minfilia would've served just as well), Orlandeau, Friendlandeau, and Olive. To be perfectly honest, Olive could've been replaced with another healer or another DPS unit without any real impact.

Even the 4* TMs can be godly. See: Shine and Chorizo.

I ultimately agree with you. If you've got 3 Orlandeau on your team, you can OTKO things, but otherwise, it's utility that really matters.

Also, Neon Edgelord Lasswell is the hidden arena king.

Celegus

Woohoo, all missions on the trial complete! Took 3 tries... did the 5 man first but had one death (Cecil on turn 1 somehow). Brought Snow along for the second try and he got destroyed, no luck there. Third time went better, played it nice and safe. Party was Cecil, Y'shtola, Minfillia, Marie, Yun, Friend Orlandeau.

tuffymon

I had an interesting tank idea... would it be feasible to use a double style tanking system like Noctis with a secondary tank of Cecil or WoL. Noctis using fish so all attacks target him, and then using Cecil/WoL covering Noctis to just make the damage laughable?

I had an interesting tank idea... would it be feasible to use a double style tanking system like Noctis with a secondary tank of Cecil or WoL. Noctis using fish so all attacks target him, and then using Cecil/WoL covering Noctis to just make the damage laughable?

of course, Noctis can do anything, you'll be using Fish every single turn if you're relying on it but yeah. Snow is easier if you have him since he can use items or that attack buff after provoke.

Muku

OMGGGGGG

Had 17 tickets. I'm weird. I wanted it to be an even #. Figured I'd burn one.

Blue

Gold

..... XON~ Okay now I can get these fucking Patches out of my inventory.. and use my own to steal the shit out of stuff.

Edit: 60% on Patches. LOLOLOL. Freyvia's Needle TM... I have 21. Fuuuuuck. Now I need Freyvia.

Malakhov

Banned
Yeah it sure can.

Olive doesn't need to hit last to benefit the bonus.

The best way to do it is just chain 2 Orlandus, and time both Olive to hit after the 10hit chain to gain the max bonus damage.

You should max that 2nd Olive, double Olive is as good as double Orlandu, damage wise. 1st Olive = Shattering Shot, 2nd Olive = True Shot. Almost triple damage than a single True Shot.
Fuck, you were right.
I tried the dark espers trial again for fun with olive, olive , orlandeau and a friend orlandeau. Shattering shot first makes trueshot obscene. They died like rats in the earth shrine...

Pejo

If anybody has a minute, what's the BiS situation for Dark Fina currently? I haven't geared up a magic user in so long, I have no idea which TMs to get for them now.

Just glancing, looks like Vanille's TM is pretty neat.

across

If anybody has a minute, what's the BiS situation for Dark Fina currently? I haven't geared up a magic user in so long, I have no idea which TMs to get for them now.

2x Mateus's Malice (Emperor TM) / Omnirod (Arc TM) as the discount/realistic option
Creepy Mask
Rainbow Robe (Marie TM) / Siren's Robe (Dark Espers)
Genji Glove
Magistral Crest (55 MAG vs. Ice Rosetta's 50, I think)

Dark Bond (her own TM) + 3 MAG+30%

Replace one MAG+30% w/ Dual Wield and add another Magistral Crest if your Genji Glove is being put to better use elsewhere (or doesn't exist)

Malakhov

Banned
For that Ariana 20 NRG stage, there's a tm moogle if you don't use any abilities, what are considered abilities? Is divine ruination or true shot an ability?

Alkez

Daily: Clyne

I hate this game lol.

I think Hippo has the set across detailed. It's insane.

tuffymon

For that Ariana 20 NRG stage, there's a tm moogle if you don't use any abilities, what are considered abilities? Is divine ruination or true shot an ability?

Yep, so is dualcast, I'd recommend 2 healers, I used Refia and Cecil and literally AUTOATTACKED the whole time (minus thundaga with grande), thunder is like the only element its not resistant too...

Boss is a demon, so dust off those Diabolos on your strongest dd, added him to Gilga with an aurora scarf~

Malakhov

Banned
Yep, so is dualcast, I'd recommend 2 healers, I used Refia and Cecil and literally AUTOATTACKED the whole time (minus thundaga with grande), thunder is like the only element its not resistant too...

Boss is a demon, so dust off those Diabolos on your strongest dd, added him to Gilga with an aurora scarf~
Ah OK, thanks a lot.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I believe it's why most say everything is doable with base 3 and 4 units. None of the utility is hidden through 5*.

Rather 5* units are just that, Orlandu outside of needing TM gear, also needs a second Orlandu. And he is the definition of a one trick pony. If it works, great, if it doesn't, he gets benched, because he's useless. He brings nothing else to a party. Outside of Noctis, who I still say is the best 5* unit, the majority are just that. They can hit harder, but it's ironic. The harder they can hit, the more babysitting they need to between unit set up and TMs.

It seems to continue. Ramza finally will become not the most useless 6* unit with his enhancements. But once again, it's one trick and you need outside of getting him, 2 months of enhancement material to make him useful.

Xion86

I have 2 Noctis (both over 800 ATK) and it seems they wont help me at all in this newest trial :/.

Reddit | Boberochs guide to Dark Espers

Will use that setup.

Haha, I tried last night with Cecil, Noctis, Refia, Y's, Orlandaeu, Orandaeu and got owned every time :p was dealing out too much as Ifrit nearly got one shorted. Had small amount of health left and threshold instant wiped the team each time. Might give that strategy a try too.

So I finally got a one of the banner units today! Aiden. Been sticking to Dailies only.

tuffymon

Haha, I tried last night with Cecil, Noctis, Refia, Y's, Orlandaeu, Orandaeu and got owned every time :p was dealing out too much as Ifrit nearly got one shorted. Had small amount of health left and threshold instant wiped the team each time. Might give that strategy a try too.

So I finally got a one of the banner units today! Aiden. Been sticking to Dailies only.

I think your strat is fine, just... dont have both orlandus attack the first round, that should avoid getting nuked into oblivion right?

wilstreak

Start Ariana trial with normal attack and dual cast, come 3rd turn Olive mortar beacon came and i think i am fucked.
glad it still didn't count as Ability.

i use that same strategy to owned both Espers.
It works like a charm. After turn 2, not once of my unit hp decrease below 60% mark.
it is very defensive strategy that makes ifrit and siren like a toy.
I use Cecil, Ling, Yshtola, Minfilia and friend orlandu

I hope there is good strategy like this for Typhoon and Ultros.

You're right. This is the game's most open secret. Plus, in certain circumstances, base 3* units are optimal -- Cecil (for now) and Firion (as chain finisher when killers proc), for instance. Exdeath is still serviceable. Even Call of Duty can be useful. And we're slowly approaching the era where Agrias, WoL, and Tilith are top-tier.

For the last trial, I used Refia, Ling, Marie (although Minfilia would've served just as well), Orlandeau, Friendlandeau, and Olive. To be perfectly honest, Olive could've been replaced with another healer or another DPS unit without any real impact.

Yeah. The boss are getting stronger and it seems the key to win is to SURVIVE, something that most base *5 don't offer (except maybe Noctis and Marie).

I believe it's why most say everything is doable with base 3 and 4 units. None of the utility is hidden through 5*.

Rather 5* units are just that, Orlandu outside of needing TM gear, also needs a second Orlandu. And he is the definition of a one trick pony. If it works, great, if it doesn't, he gets benched, because he's useless. He brings nothing else to a party. Outside of Noctis, who I still say is the best 5* unit, the majority are just that. They can hit harder, but it's ironic. The harder they can hit, the more babysitting they need to between unit set up and TMs.

It seems to continue. Ramza finally will become not the most useless 6* unit with his enhancements. But once again, it's one trick and you need outside of getting him, 2 months of enhancement material to make him useful.

A little bit dissapointed that until now i don't have Ramza and Noctis. But FFBE anniversary will be in June and i bet there will be another broken GL Exclusive character, maybe this time OP 4* buffer like Ramza.

Blah I am burning through all my tickets quickly and still no Beatrix. >.<

Only notable pulls so far are a 5 star Elko and 4 star Steiner.

Think I might use my last 2 4-star tickets...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Whats up with Gigantuars ? When did they improve the stage ? So much exp per run ....now i wish i had some new shiny units i could use it on.

across

Whats up with Gigantuars ? When did they improve the stage ? So much exp per run ....now i wish i had some new shiny units i could use it on.

Just a friendly reminder that if you have any Friendlandeaus with 850?ish attack (Olive friends can do it too, I think?), Beasts of the Dark ADV is better NRG:EXP than even a perfect Dunes run, plus it doesn't cost gil.

I'm using it to level Delita, a unit I will never use outside of Earth Shrine - Entrance.

greyshark

Just a friendly reminder that if you have any Friendlandeaus with 850?ish attack (Olive friends can do it too, I think?), Beasts of the Dark ADV is better NRG:EXP than even a perfect Dunes run, plus it doesn't cost gil.

I'm using it to level Delita, a unit I will never use outside of Earth Shrine - Entrance.

If you're never going to use him, why bother leveling him up?

You can also use a DW Noctis. 850+ will work for sure less than that maybe. Just make sure they don't have Deathbringer equipped.

across

If you're never going to use him, why bother leveling him up?

That's a great question! I suppose eventual access to a 60% DEF or SPR break may be useful for something like a raid in the future. 15% is a sizable increase.

Maybe his 7* form will be good? [LAUGH TRACK]

The real answer is that you never know when you'll need some sort of odd tool for a trial or event and I absolutely abhor the other energy-efficient levelling method (explorations, which give me horrible Mogcake flashbacks) so I'm taking advantage of BotD ADV while it lasts because I believe the NRG:EXP ratio won't survive next week's maintainance.

Valentus

Who even thought that roselia Will have mvp material XD

.eJwNw0sKwyAQANC7uPczZtQk1-gBihjRQKLiTFeld2_gva_4zEvsojIP2rU-Tkp9Hoq4z1iyKr2XK8dxkkr91pE5pnrnxqStNwjeoUVADAB-1Yux-AQHG9qwbUvQrzRzblQ7v62BIA1KeBhpVolOjVbE7w9VBCfg.G_dxFzLt5es8qgynSfulHxVjIIo

Ugghhh. I need to step my egg farming game up. I've been using my 6* Xon to steal each round of the Snow Peaks or what ever the hell it's called in Mysidia (I probably butchered that name too!) and I only had enough rainbows to get the power cryst. I need the Support and possibly healing one before this event ends.

Pejo

2x Mateus's Malice (Emperor TM) / Omnirod (Arc TM) as the discount/realistic option
Creepy Mask
Rainbow Robe (Marie TM) / Siren's Robe (Dark Espers)
Genji Glove
Magistral Crest (55 MAG vs. Ice Rosetta's 50, I think)

Dark Bond (her own TM) + 3 MAG+30%

Replace one MAG+30% w/ Dual Wield and add another Magistral Crest if your Genji Glove is being put to better use elsewhere (or doesn't exist)

Cool, thanks. I have most of that stuff (surprisingly even 2 Emperors), so it looks very realistic. I'll have to get that robe though since I never nabbed a Marie.

Ugghhh. I need to step my egg farming game up. I've been using my 6* Xon to steal each round of the Snow Peaks or what ever the hell it's called in Mysidia (I probably butchered that name too!) and I only had enough rainbows to get the power cryst. I need the Support and possibly healing one before this event ends.

Power on Power is such an easy egg farm. 2-4k a run for 9 NRG, and it only takes a minute if you can 1 round KO the 2 bosses (which i'm sure your team can).

Finished Olive's LB, and just pulled 3 more Burst Pots in a pull binge. Who is another worthy LB? I already have Cecil at max as well. Noctis is great, but would rather use it on someone that doesn't require 10 years or someone else feeding them to use it. Any future units with good ones?

c-murph

OMGGGGGG

Had 17 tickets. I'm weird. I wanted it to be an even #. Figured I'd burn one.

Blue

Gold

..... XON~ Okay now I can get these fucking Patches out of my inventory.. and use my own to steal the shit out of stuff.

Edit: 60% on Patches. LOLOLOL. Freyvia's Needle TM... I have 21. Fuuuuuck. Now I need Freyvia.

I feel ya. I had well over 30 of them. They seem to drop the most followed by Patches than the robe. Probably GUMI's way of keeping you pulling for a 5*.

Muku

I feel ya. I had well over 30 of them. They seem to drop the most followed by Patches than the robe. Probably GUMI's way of keeping you pulling for a 5*.

Making you chase the rainbow. Know damn well not getting her.

Why the fuck is the Easter shit still 1/2 price? I thought the new shit was going to be in place? Is it not? Guess I'm not getting Lightning. And I'm not even sure I want to pull ANOTHER week on this Easter shit when I'm only missing Freyvia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom