• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Wouldn't it be hilarious if people just trolled the ballot and GUMI followed through with it?! lul.

I'm sure we had quite a few troll votes. I am pretty sure I remember Valentus saying he did that. :p

I'd like Delita on my main. But not that bad.

c-murph

I'm sure we had quite a few troll votes. I am pretty sure I remember Valentus saying he did that. :p

I'd like Delita on my main. But not that bad.

Last time I spent money on a series of pulls was to get Delita for his Moonblade. Never got him. :(

I wanted him back then but mainly only for that reason. Learned my lesson. Don't chase any 5* base characters.

I voted Dark Fina, Agrias, and Zidane ... and then I ended up pulling Dark Fina with Olive. I'm completely sitting out the PC banner and will be cheering from the sidelines for you. In fact, the only 5* I'd even want at this point is Delita (for the TM). Or DKC, I guess.

But yeah, I can't wait for the banner so I can follow you guys' successes.

Lyrian

Of course, the funny thing about the voting is that the players couldn't see the votes tallied this time around.

So when the "winners" are announced, the players have to assume that Gumi is telling the truth about who won or not (and the numbers Gumi reports, if any).

For all we know, the entire vote could have been a giant ruse and the banner was pre-determined all along.

/foodforthought

Nikokuno

Of course, the funny thing about the voting is that the players couldn't see the votes tallied this time around.

So when the "winners" are announced, the players have to assume that Gumi is telling the truth about who won or not (and the numbers Gumi reports, if any).

For all we know, the entire vote could have been a giant ruse and the banner was pre-determined all along.

/foodforthought

Gumi is not that evil ... I hope

Muku

/foodforthought

They're going to troll us with an early April Fools mebbe.

Lyrian

Gumi is not that evil ... I hope

Personally, Gumi is doing the Player's Choice completely wrong to be effective. If they truly want to be evil, they need to look at how GungHo does Player's Choice for PAD.

PAD's Player Choice is a masterclass in being evil, because GungHo doesn't have to do a thing to be evil. The playerbase will screw themselves out of the best banner of the half-year all by themselves if allowed complete control over the vote.

GungHo's deliciously evil rules go like this:

-- Voting is handled via Facebook and is completely wide open for all to see.
-- The top 20 units of the vote, regardless of rarity, form the Player's Choice banner.

-- The normal 30% banner hit rate (just like FFBE) does not apply to the Player's Choice banner.
-- Instead, all qualifying units appear at 5x their normal draw rate (FFBE equivalent: natural draw rate on the Rare Summon banner).

What happens in reality is this:

-- Everyone knows who the top 5-8 units will be hands down. But, what about 15th place? 18th place? If this was FFBE, would you vote in fan favorites? Useful 4*s? TM units? Everyone has a different answer to this and the result (due to the law of averages) says that 10th to 20th place tends to be dead even in voting in the final hours. Cue absolute madness, backdoor dealings for uncast votes, fake Facebook accounts, etc., in the final hours.

-- The end result is almost always (in FFBE terms): 10-12 rainbows and 8-10 golds. While this looks awesome on paper, the reality is that 5x a 0.15% base draw rate still equals an very small draw rate. When all 20 units tend to have a very low draw rate, the result is that the sum of all their boosted drop rates ends up in the 10 to 15% range.

So instead of the normal banner distribution of 30% hit / 70% miss, you end up with a banner with a 85-90% miss rate. But of course, if you happen to land in that 10-15% on a draw...

Yup, PAD's Player Choice banners are the most deliciously evil trap I've ever seen in a gacha game, because all of the playerbase falls right into it. GungHo just shrugs and says "Not our fault you got greedy and voted for a banner with 12 rainbows on it, so 90% of your pulls are Shadows, Lanis, and Bediles. Better luck next time in 6 months" (when the process repeats all over again because after 5 years, players never ever learn).

Lyrian with the truth!

However it IS easier to draw those crazy awesome monsters, just a lot more likely to draw shit too. And everyone "saves for player choice". I never once got a top tier monster during PC, did pretty well outside of there though..

Increasing 5* base odds to 10% would make it insanely better for pulls. Because the current " never ever, once in a blue moon" is unsustainable as F2P, P&D is fairly sustainable (though not as good as record keeper)

Lyrian

Lyrian with the truth!

However it IS easier to draw those crazy awesome monsters, just a lot more likely to draw shit too. And everyone "saves for player choice". I never once got a top tier monster during PC, did pretty well outside of there though..

Increasing 5* base odds to 10% would make it insanely better for pulls. Because the current " never ever, once in a blue moon" is unsustainable as F2P, P&D is fairly sustainable (though not as good as record keeper)

That's the PAD Player's Choice trap though.

The playerbase isn't incorrect in that it is the best banner of the half-year to try to draw the rarest units in the game. That's what keeps players coming back to the PC banner time and time again, despite being burnt over and over again.

5* base rarity units in FFBE are becoming more common over time, which is to be expected. The removal of troll rainbows will naturally let more 5* base units into the game by random chance alone. Over time, they will become even more common, but not until 6* base units are released. There's not any good reason for that before then.

Muku

Lyrian with the truth!

I'm thankful for the first PC because I got my CoD there. I have gotten a couple since then, but she was my savior in beginning.

Valentus

Here's my little video of Queen 5 stars... I really tried to make her look good... but you know... Queen is really in the low of the totem pole for base 5 star units D:

Personally, Gumi is doing the Player's Choice completely wrong to be effective. If they truly want to be evil, they need to look at how GungHo does Player's Choice for PAD.

PAD's Player Choice is a masterclass in being evil, because GungHo doesn't have to do a thing to be evil. The playerbase will screw themselves out of the best banner of the half-year all by themselves if allowed complete control over the vote.

GungHo's deliciously evil rules go like this:

-- Voting is handled via Facebook and is completely wide open for all to see.
-- The top 20 units of the vote, regardless of rarity, form the Player's Choice banner.

-- The normal 30% banner hit rate (just like FFBE) does not apply to the Player's Choice banner.
-- Instead, all qualifying units appear at 5x their normal draw rate (FFBE equivalent: natural draw rate on the Rare Summon banner).

What happens in reality is this:

-- Everyone knows who the top 5-8 units will be hands down. But, what about 15th place? 18th place? If this was FFBE, would you vote in fan favorites? Useful 4*s? TM units? Everyone has a different answer to this and the result (due to the law of averages) says that 10th to 20th place tends to be dead even in voting in the final hours. Cue absolute madness, backdoor dealings for uncast votes, fake Facebook accounts, etc., in the final hours.

-- The end result is almost always (in FFBE terms): 10-12 rainbows and 8-10 golds. While this looks awesome on paper, the reality is that 5x a 0.15% base draw rate still equals an very small draw rate. When all 20 units tend to have a very low draw rate, the result is that the sum of all their boosted drop rates ends up in the 10 to 15% range.

So instead of the normal banner distribution of 30% hit / 70% miss, you end up with a banner with a 85-90% miss rate. But of course, if you happen to land in that 10-15% on a draw...

Yup, PAD's Player Choice banners are the most deliciously evil trap I've ever seen in a gacha game, because all of the playerbase falls right into it. GungHo just shrugs and says "Not our fault you got greedy and voted for a banner with 12 rainbows on it, so 90% of your pulls are Shadows, Lanis, and Bediles. Better luck next time in 6 months" (when the process repeats all over again because after 5 years, players never ever learn).

Now Alim in japan are doing tematic banners... like "DPS banner", "Healer banner" and "support banner", where you can get only a unit of that type (the lists are up in reddit) and the great of this is the unit you draw you get it in her max lvl of its base rarity (if you get a base 3, you get it lvl 40, if you draw a gold, you get it at lvl 60, and lvl 80 if you get a rainbow)

Also, the tematic banners in brave frontier are a common thing too... fire unit banner, water unit, wind unit... you get it.

Also gumi does very frecuently a limited pool of units banner (a banner of only 16 units for example and for 6 gems (the normal price is 5) you can get only one of those 16 units, not other than those 16)...

The only 2 times i think gumi really scammed people here are in the zidane banner and the trenchoid gears drop rate of FF13 banner... and in both cases gumi corrected it the next week after.

Nikokuno

Gosh gatcha games are the worst, really. Especially after reading your explanation on this case. I hope I'll catch up on the content, and will able to play casually, too much invest for what you get if you F2P.

Farming 3 Gaffgarion and 2 Ludmilia, right now. Planned to farm the current event but unable to pull a single bonus unit so...

People here already tried Terra Battle? I think I'm going to play it again, game was fun.

Alkez

but not until 6* base units are released.

O man I am not looking forward to that day. I would like to think I would have quit by then but I know I'll still be here.

I was thinking the other day how I'm caught in the trap. Even if I wanted to quit I would struggle to do so because I would think of all the time (and to a lesser extent money) I've invested into this game and I would think to myself "how can I quit?" But the longer I don't quit the more time I will have invested and the harder it will be to quit. It's just a cycle.

I guess at the end of the day I should just quit when I'm not enjoying the game anymore regardless of how much time I've put in. I've never played any MMO-esque game before so I have no experience leaving a game in which you've literally invested months or years grinding out gear and obtaining loot.

The only 2 times i think gumi really scammed people here are in the zidane banner and the trenchoid gears drop rate of FF13 banner... and in both cases gumi corrected it the next week after.
I was around for both of those, but my memory sucks so I forgot the exact details of what happened. Can I get a recap, please?

Muku

O man I am not looking forward to that day. I would like to think I would have quit by then but I know I'll still be here.

I was thinking the other day how I'm caught in the trap. Even if I wanted to quit I would struggle to do so because I would think of all the time (and to a lesser extent money) I've invested into this game and I would think to myself "how can I quit?" But the longer I don't quit the more time I will have invested and the harder it will be to quit. It's just a cycle.

I guess at the end of the day I should just quit when I'm not enjoying the game anymore regardless of how much time I've put in. I've never played any MMO-esque game before so I have no experience leaving a game in which you've literally invested months or years grinding out gear and obtaining loot.

This is why I'm glad no money has been invested into this, so it'd be easier for me.

I thought same thing about WoW for long time. Then months ago I just stopped paying for it and playing. I don't feel bad about it either. Things I still miss and enjoyed, but at same time, I don't like their recent expansions.

Visceir

I think I chose Ramza/Gilgamesh, Chizuru and zidane in the poll. Would really like to have Ramza on on GL, would just make me feel more secure about future.

2 months into GL version, finished up my first TM party of cecil, shine, shine, noctis, zidane today. Finally got a somewhat decent carry unit for myself. The 65% dodge is an unintentional yet pleasant side-effect, lol.

RPlkG4l.jpg

I think I chose Ramza/Gilgamesh, Chizuru and zidane in the poll. Would really like to have Ramza on on GL, would just make me feel more secure about future.

2 months into GL version, finished up my first TM party of cecil, shine, shine, noctis, zidane today. Finally got a somewhat decent carry unit for myself. The 65% dodge is an unintentional yet pleasant side-effect, lol.

Dude. LOCK YOUR NOCT.

c-murph

Gacha, gacha never changes.

Dude. LOCK YOUR NOCT.

He likes to live wildly.

Lyrian

Now Alim in japan are doing tematic banners... like "DPS banner", "Healer banner" and "support banner", where you can get only a unit of that type (the lists are up in reddit) and the great of this is the unit you draw you get it in her max lvl of its base rarity (if you get a base 3, you get it lvl 40, if you draw a gold, you get it at lvl 60, and lvl 80 if you get a rainbow)

Also, the tematic banners in brave frontier are a common thing too... fire unit banner, water unit, wind unit... you get it.

Also gumi does very frecuently a limited pool of units banner (a banner of only 16 units for example and for 6 gems (the normal price is 5) you can get only one of those 16 units, not other than those 16)...

Those new permanent banners are big help to new players. It will be a welcome sight for many when those appear on Global.

I personally don't believe that Gumi is evil by most gacha standards. They could be, but for the most part, they haven't really expressed that type of intentional malicious intent. Most of the time, it can be chalked up to a learning curve or incompetence by an intern somewhere.

What was the correction for the Zidane banner screwups? I don't remember anything like that? Also, the Fencer and Tilith banners were equally atrocious.

Still, Gumi hasn't pulled any of that in a long while and seems to actively try to avoid scammy banners for Global. Which is fine and dandy, cause RNG itself will scam everyone from time to time naturally all by itself.

Gosh gatcha games are the worst, really. Especially after reading your explanation on this case. I hope I'll catch up on the content, and will able to play casually, too much invest for what you get if you F2P.

FFBE is actually quite a generous game F2Pers. A player can most definitely clear 99% of the game as a free player, which is rather uncommon in gacha games.

The trap is when money is thrown around to chase units with very low probabilities to appear. You'll be just fine as a F2P and will get enough 4* and 5* base units over time naturally via half-price pulls and tickets to get through the entire game.

At some point, everyone burns out, unless they realize that they can "go casual". In other words, they don't need to chase the newest and shiniest units each week and can accept that don't have to clear absolutely everything on Day 1 of its release.

Understanding that you can play the game "your way" and not the "dev's way" goes a long way to avoiding burnout and the driving need to chase every little breadcrumb that is released.

Many are already hitting this point here because macro'ing has accelerated account advancement far faster than Gumi anticipated. Most here can coast on their stacked Noctii, Olives, or other 5* DPS units for quite awhile before actually needing to catch back up with the meta.

Been busy travelling today and mostly running the dunes this weekend. Too good not to, but I am now at round 5 of adv for Colosseum so I'm looking forward to finally being done with that. Once I get the blood sword made of course. Not really pulling dailies for now.

Celegus

What was the correction for the Zidane banner screwups? I don't remember anything like that?

Wasn't the rate for Zidane ridiculously low during week 1 of the FF IX banner when I believe there were 5 units on the banner? Everyone said pull now for him since week 2 was going up to 7 units, but he ended up having a much higher draw rate on week 2 because they adjusted the rates. Something like that.

FFBE (and Mobius) are extremely generous in my opinion to F2P. Never felt pressured whatsoever in either game to spend money and haven't had any issues at all clearing even the hardest stuff right away. I suppose I'm probably more lucky in Exvius than most F2P but Valentus always shows it's possible with just about any team.

bonkeng

They're going to troll us with an early April Fools mebbe.

Gumi: Here are the winners for the Player's Choice votes "Noctis, Chizuru and Zidane"

Players: Hooray. Noctis, finally! And Zidane for that sweet sweet DW. Chizuru's BM can go aloong with that Noctis and Zidane that I'm sure I'm going to pull in 10 pulls.

Gumi: Since our fans always wants to be surprised, we will also include the losers in the voting. Delita, Hope and Shadow will join Noctis and co in the Player's Choice Banner on the 31st of March! Enjoy!

Players:
images

Gumi:
Trollface.png

Muku

Gumi: Here are the winners for the Player's Choice votes "Noctis, Chizuru and Zidane"

Players: Hooray. Noctis, finally! And Zidane for that sweet sweet DW. Chizuru's BM can go aloong with that Noctis and Zidane that I'm sure I'm going to pull in 10 pulls.

Gumi: Since our fans always wants to be surprised, we will also include the losers in the voting. Delita, Hope and Shadow will join Noctis and co in the Player's Choice Banner on the 31st of March! Enjoy!

Players:
images

Gumi:
Trollface.png

Bwa haha. And this would be Gumi setting up their trololol Fools day.

Alkez

This is why I'm glad no money has been invested into this, so it'd be easier for me.

I thought same thing about WoW for long time. Then months ago I just stopped paying for it and playing. I don't feel bad about it either. Things I still miss and enjoyed, but at same time, I don't like their recent expansions.

Yeah I kind of regret spending money. I've made two payments, the first I don't regret but the second I do. It was the Christmas bundle and i was meant to spend it going for Noctis but I didn't, and now I have 51k lapis and I'm thinking "why did I buy that?"

At some point, everyone burns out, unless they realize that they can "go casual". In other words, they don't need to chase the newest and shiniest units each week and can accept that don't have to clear absolutely everything on Day 1 of its release.

Understanding that you can play the game "your way" and not the "dev's way" goes a long way to avoiding burnout and the driving need to chase every little breadcrumb that is released.

I definitely want to go more casual at some point this year. I think I've been playing this game pretty well based on what you're saying. I've sort of been building an NBA franchise on BE. I'm one Eileen/Orlandu/Tidus short of my starting five that I've had planned for months, which I feel is pretty balanced and caters to the way I like to play. So now I just need to build them up (with tms) and then start working on a few key role players that can sit on the bench. Once I'm at that point I feel I can sit back a little. I've never been one to chase the best units. I just want my team of guys and to attempt to clear content with them, playing how I want to play.

However if your theory on 7*s from the other day is true then this will all go out the window lol. I think that's why I may quit when it happens. I cba to do this whole dance again.

robotuw

Woo! Rank 90 and now I finally join the 100 NRG club! It's such a nice round number, but if Gumi wants to ruin it by giving everyone that 30 nrg expansion I could probably forgive them.

c-murph

Players:
images

Gumi:
Trollface.png

LMAO omg i can see this totally playing out now.

Woo! Rank 90 and now I finally join the 100 NRG club! It's such a nice round number, but if Gumi want's to ruin it by giving everyone that 30 nrg expansion I could probably forgive them.

I think they stop giving you 1 RNG every rank over 100 some where. I'm at Rank 103 and have 111 RNG. My Rank is slowly catching up to my RNG.

jnWake

Many are already hitting this point here because macro'ing has accelerated account advancement far faster than Gumi anticipated. Most here can coast on their stacked Noctii, Olives, or other 5* DPS units for quite awhile before actually needing to catch back up with the meta.

I'd think that the "dev's way" is actually the slower paced casual play for most games. Maybe for gachas they expect a bit more devotion from players but still, most designers don't design for the ultra hardcore that clear everything day 1.

Syntsui

Noctis might as well be the most pulled 5* in the game, I don't think he will be chosen.

If this community is so rational and worried about min/maxing everything, to the point of choosing Zidane and Chorizo again, the best guess for 5* is Ramza for being top tier and having one of the best TMs in the game.

Prototype

Really hope they do something else instead of just add more stars. I know they are very different games but I really liked how Marvel Future Fight did evolution after stars going to tiers, and a tier 2 character was better than tier 2.

A similar tier system could totally work inFFBE instead of having units that are 7, 8 and 9 stars.

I don't know but I'm very curious to see how they handle they next set of upgrades for characters after 6*

Valentus

So people, finally with a little time, so, its rating time!!!

Remember you can check GAF's 6 star ranking in the GAF Playbook

Also, you can check my ranking criteria here, or look in the GAF Playbook

Lets Begin:

SHINE

Code:
Weapons: Dagger, Sword, Bow, Whip, Projectile
Armor: Hat, Clothes
Role in a Party: Damage Dealer, Debuffer

Code:
Pros:

+ Excellent ATK, very good HP/DEF
+ Good variety of weapons
+ Very powerfull Dark Skill
+ Can inflict status ailments
+ Into Darkness' attack animation is really easy to finish chain

Code:
Cons:

- Only good weapons for swords, and some cases in bow
- Needs debuffs to do decent damage
- Without debuffs and fighting non-dark weakness enemy, shine's damage is low
- Status ailments are only to 1 enemy

HP: 3965 - A
MP: 222 - B
ATK: 171 - S
DEF: 155 - A
MAG: 140 - C
SPR: 147 - C
Damage Skills: A
Support Skills: D
Buff Skills: D
Debuff Skills: A
Limit Break: B

OVERALL RANKING: A

Summary: Watch my video of Shine 6 stars

Shine is a really good cheap unit. She is stellar against dark weakness bosses, and if you combine her with cupid Artemios and Cupid Luna, that trio can do really good damage.

Her "into darkness" skill is really good and her most powerfull skill. Also she has some of the biggest DEF debuffs in the game (only outclassed by ling's 45% def break) and very good dark debuff... and both effects in a only skill!

She's not S tier good, but so far, with nine, are in the top of A-Class units

NINE

Code:
Weapons: Dagger, Spear
Role in a Party: Damage Dealer

Code:
Pros:

+ Highest Base 4 star damage dealer unit in the game at 03/05/2017
+ Incredible HP/ATK/DEF

Code:
Cons:

-Very low weapon selection
-His really high HP/DEF doesnt mean much because he will be out of the game great part of time
-His best (and probably the only one you will use) skill puts your party with only 5 members most of time, and that could be a problem facing difficult bosses
-Very poor MP

HP: 4096 - S
MP: 213 - C
ATK: 186 - SS
DEF: 160 - S
MAG: 135 - D
SPR: 135 - D
Damage Skills: S
Buff Skills: D
Debuff Skills: D
Limit Break: A

OVERALL RANKING: A

Summary: Watch my video of Nine 6 stars

Nine is a unit with base 5 star stats, and damage levels of a base 5 star units. He is one of the best golds you can draw if you are searching for a damage dealer. Whats the problem then? His best skill takes 3 turns to activate. And those 3 turns the unit is out of the game, leaving your party to only 5 members during those 3 turns. And if you dont have a plan, or cant handle the enemy with more chances of targeting a key unit, you might have trouble.

It doesnt matter that Nine has a stellar HP and DEF, because he will be in the air most of the time. You cant use him to cover, to provoke, or even a sacrifical pawn... Nine will jump, land in 3 turns, deal his massive damage, and jump again. He wont be an active member of the fight.

Thats the big drawback of Nine. And thats why he is an A, and not a S... And only because his damage is massive, he is not a B.

QUEEN

Code:
Weapons: Dagger, Sword, G.Sword
Role in a Party: Damage Dealer, Healer, Mage?

Code:
Pros:

+ Good ATK/DEF, very good HP
+ Can cover the role of DPS and do curaja when is needed
+ In a mage party, she can chain thundaga with other mages for elemental chaining, and also do curaja in moments of danger
+ Has one of the highest +ATK% modifiers in the game
+ Her skills Devastate is the best barrage-type skill in the game so far

Code:
Cons:

- Because low SPR/MAG, her curaja is Cecil-level... even a bit lower
- Her magic skills are only testimonial because of last point
- Without berserk activated, her damage is really low, even with her great ATK
- Cant equip katanas or heavy armor to increase more her ATK with materias

HP: 3972 - A
MP: 209 - D
ATK: 178 - S
DEF: 151 - A
MAG: 149 - C
SPR: 147 - C
Damage Skills: B
Support Skills: B
Buff Skills: C
Debuff Skills: D
Limit Break: A

OVERALL RANKING: B

Summary: Watch my video of Queen 6 stars

Queen wants to do many things but all things she do are half way... Its a really weird unit... She is a base 5 star but feels like a base 4 star. The good thing is that is a unique unit that can do phys damage and has curaja in her arsenal. Also she can get +200% attack and use devastate and kill almost any enemy possible... the problem is that to activate Berserk you need to do much things and its a little tedious and elaborate... also it doesnt guarantees you victory because queens phys skills are not that good to use berserk to the max.

Of the base 5 star units, queen is in the low of the totem along with Dark Knight Cecil. Her TM is stellar by the way. one of the best TM for a attack unit.

OLIVE

Code:
Weapons: Hammer (what), Gun
Armor: Hat, Clothes, L.Armor
Role in a Party: Damage Dealer

Code:
Pros: 

+ Insane ATK
+ Insane Damaging Skills
+ Insane LB
+ Free Insane damage skill in turn 3 (that can be recasted if Olive is resurrected)
+ Innate resistance to Paralysis and Confuse
+ The best chain finisher of the game for a long time

Code:
Cons:

- Her ATK increase skills forces you to use a gun and doublehanded
- Very poor HP/MP, making her a little fragile
- With her TM (that unleash her max. power) Olive is useless against thunder resist enemies (unless you spent 1 turn to add fire element to weapon to herself and cast imperil... and even with that the damage will reduce greatly)

HP: 3686 - C
MP: 215 - C
ATK: 190 - SS
DEF: 150 - A
MAG: 132 - D
SPR: 128 - D
Damage Skills: SS
Buff Skills: C
Debuff Skills: C
Limit Break: SS

OVERALL RANKING: SS

Summary: Watch my video of Olive 6 star

So after all the hype of the "new unit" gone, we can do a more adequate review of Olive...

ITS FUCKING AWESOME.

She can do insane ammounts of damage even without her TM or doublehanded. She can doo 500% damage FOR FREE in turn 3, she can add fire element to her weapons, and she has the best chain finisher skill in the game and in the upcoming banners for a couple months. Also, her LB does insane amount of damge, and she has fast LB fill!. This is the second SS lb this rating has since Cecil's LB.

So, why then Olive isnt SSS level like Noctis?

Well, for start, Noctis is a unit that can do EVERYTHING, and everything he does, does it stellar. Full Raise, Stop, Status Ailments, Heal MP, Break stats of the opponent, buff ATK/MAG of your allies.... and do insane damage too.

Ok, so Olive needs to do all this to also be SSS?

Thats a little unfair for Olive. she doesnt need to do all this to be SSS (orlandu is basically a Holy Explosion living thing and he is SSS), but even with all those insane stats, there are some flaws in olive:

- If we dont use chaining, Gilgamesh can still do more damage in total than Olive. And thats why Dual Weild is still better than doublehanded.

- Olive's TM is a thunder element weapon. So for thunder resist enemies, she is useless.

- Finally, she has very low HP and MP (that can be compensated with her auto refresh) so without good HP gear, can be more vulnerable.

Even then, if noctis is pick 1 for reroll, olive is pick 2 for sure, and is by far the best SS unit of the batch. She is amazing and is one of the strongest unit of the crew.

Ken

Noctis might as well be the most pulled 5* in the game, I don't think he will be chosen.

If this community is so rational and worried about min/maxing everything, to the point of choosing Zidane and Chorizo again, the best guess for 5* is Ramza for being top tier and having one of the best TMs in the game.

I hope you're right!

Valentus

What was the correction for the Zidane banner screwups? I don't remember anything like that? Also, the Fencer and Tilith banners were equally atrocious.

Remember that banner was Zidane, Amarant, Kuja, Lani, Vivi

Vivi and lani being "low tier 3 star units" had a drop rate of 25% (12,5% each) and the rest of the 5% of the 30% banner pulls shared between zidane, amarant and Kuja, being 1,66% each, almost rainbow-unit drop rate.

In the next banner of 7 units (garnet, freya and the other 5), gumi fixed that and make the 26% of the blue banner rate shared evenly between the 6 units (4,33% each... still horrible but better) and the other 4% in garnet.

Muku

YAY!! Thank you for the update Valentus!!

Still want Olive. Now I'm worried next Rainbow I pull will be shitty Queen. I wasn't interested in her to begin with. And now reading this.... god. Gumi can troll us several ways now and that makes me sad.

Good to hear about Nine. I haven't looked at him and don't really know much about him. I used the left over Cactaur from Maze to level him up on alt just so I didn't have a scrub unit. But I won't bother with him past 3* cap I think.

Edit: I hope this next banner is interesting. I'd like to do a pull or two... but not this one.

Thanks for the evals Valentus very useful as always. I'm finding Nine to be overall a fairly great unit for my squad, and I don't even have any good weapons for him. His clean sweep skill is also solid for crowd control. But I agree with your overall rating and limitations for him.

With your rating of Olive, I'm tempted to use my meager stockpile of 5 tickets on that banner while it's here. I know the chances are abysmally low, but I guess it's worth the chance.

Edit: Alas, I went for it. Got my 2nd WoL and trash blues. Oh well. Worth a shot.

robotuw

With your rating of Olive, I'm tempted to use my meager stockpile of 5 tickets on that banner while it's here. I know the chances are abysmally low, but I guess it's worth the chance.

Edit: Alas, I went for it. Got my 2nd WoL and trash blues. Oh well. Worth a shot.

I tossed a few tickets onto that trash fire as well. Got my 6th Hayate and nth Clyne.

Syntsui

I discovered an interesting glitch right now. While distracted with other things, my team was wiped by the boss of the event because the ''auto'' was pressed. The game over screen was up and to not lose the NRG I closed the game and opened it on NOX.

The final battle was resumed with no game over and the boss had zero health, so I could kill it with literally anything and the rewards were given anyway. Now, what would happen if I did this with Nimbus? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM I might have accidently discovered a way to beat him while using bonus units LOL.

tuffymon

Not sure if anyone know's or had tried this, but with the arena change letting you do the battle even if you crash etc... The actions of your opponent changes. I had a crippling first round and said wtf closed memu... reopened it and while the opponent went first again, completely different move set. Hopefully between this and the battle continuing after a crash, everyone who hasn't obtained 100 wins has no reason not to now.

Not sure if anyone know's or had tried this, but with the arena change letting you do the battle even if you crash etc... The actions of your opponent changes. I had a crippling first round and said wtf closed memu... reopened it and while the opponent went first again, completely different move set. Hopefully between this and the battle continuing after a crash, everyone who hasn't obtained 100 wins has no reason not to now.

Unless you've rerolled and can't deal with anything that I'll

Lockon

Ok, I removed inactive friends so I got 6 spots open.

Here's my player ID:

Also my recent summons...Took 8 10+1 pulls to get Olive but also got 2 Emperors in the process.

And yesterday, only 1 10+1 summon
Guess I'm not pulling anymore this banner.

Lyrian

Remember that banner was Zidane, Amarant, Kuja, Lani, Vivi

Vivi and lani being "low tier 3 star units" had a drop rate of 25% (12,5% each) and the rest of the 5% of the 30% banner pulls shared between zidane, amarant and Kuja, being 1,66% each, almost rainbow-unit drop rate.

In the next banner of 7 units (garnet, freya and the other 5), gumi fixed that and make the 26% of the blue banner rate shared evenly between the 6 units (4,33% each... still horrible but better) and the other 4% in garnet.

Fair enough. Thanks for reminding me that my Zidane draw rate on the second banner was still zero, lol.

Thanks for the evals Valentus very useful as always. I'm finding Nine to be overall a fairly great unit for my squad, and I don't even have any good weapons for him. His clean sweep skill is also solid for crowd control. But I agree with your overall rating and limitations for him.

Nine has some nice options between Whirling Lance and Clean Sweep. Clean Sweep is nearly twice the MP as Whirling Lance, yet offers nice chainability. I've had mine equipped with a Holy Lance and chaining quite nicely with Luneth's Hit All (with Excalibur) for some nice elemental chains. Nine's no Gilgamesh in that department, but it's a very welcome option instead of him being just a one-trick jumping pony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom