• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

So we made it through an App update and they haven't nerfed the xp from Dark Espers trial, are we safe?

I've maxed out every single 6* capable character I have so far, now I'm working on leveling dupe Chizurus and Cupid Lunas for chain builders.

I need to stop first though and make sure I have all the event equipment I want.

Also, I haven't even started looking at enhancements yet, I should do that too. Out of this round, the only character I want to enhance is Mercedes, but I should probably stockpile what I can for my better characters.

This XP from the trial is exactly what I needed. I was woefully behind on leveling units until this past weekend. What a boost!

I hope they keep the ADV Trial xp until the new event starts just so I can restock on some 6* mats and finish my last few units. I am sure it will change during maint. but one can hope. I have Queen/Fry #2/Bartz/Firion/Luneth 2 and 3 and DKC x3 to finish and then I have all my 6* capable units maxed. I also ran out of Holy Crystals so I can't even evolve to 5* at the moment and I wanted to finish off a Garnet and Rydia. Did the ADV vortex for awakening and got 1 holy crystal in 5 runs. That is some shit tier drop rate. Not even sure how I had 150 of them before I started doing this.

across

Any surprise 3 or 4 star characters I should consider leveling? I'm running out of guys to level up in the Dark Esper trial...currently scraping the bottom of the barrel by leveling up a team of Edgars.

I went ahead and maxed my Terra, since she'll be a bonus unit in the upcoming FF6 event (or should, based on JP precedent) as well as receiving a 6* form. Same goes for Kefka. Of course you can always bring a carry Noctis or whatever but if you can get by with a full party of bonus units, so much the better.

Cupid Luna might be good to max for chain antics.
Leon can do 999x4 with sufficiently stacked TMs in Arena, though he's 5* max and has HP to go with it.
Levelling up the story characters will become useful at some indeterminate future date. Lasswell can do the 999x4 thing as well, I guess.
Vaan gets a 6* form in the near-ish future. It's not great, IIRC, but hey.
Shantotto gets some niche Arena utility down the track.

... it's probably better to just TM farm for a couple days than bother with most of these, though.

Any surprise 3 or 4 star characters I should consider leveling? I'm running out of guys to level up in the Dark Esper trial...currently scraping the bottom of the barrel by leveling up a team of Edgars.

Don't forget story characters. They're often included in mission requirements - hi, Jake - and there will apparently be story dungeons in the future.

Also, Neon Edgelord Lasswell is good in the arena.

Muku

I don't know where you all live but I like how everyone is supporting teams from the East lool.

Not sure about others here, but born and raised on east coast. Live on west coast now, so my teams tend to be east just because where I grew up. :) (But Mariners are on my fav list when it comes to baseball... just behind Marlins. Who continuously suck.)

Pretty sure it worked in reverse with Fry's being the most common, followed patches and then Vestment. At least that seemed to be my experience.

Totally me as well. I have just gotten enough Aiden/Moogles to get the Vestment with one extra Aiden to replace the one I got the vest from. (So I can work on a second.) Fryevia TM then Patches then Vestment. WTF is wrong with this shit. I did end up with Patches on my alt account though. Not that I need it because I made my guys Raidiant Eggs to boost them for now.

I have gotten well over 20 Fryevia's Moogles on my main. I sell anything over 20 because I have no room for that shit. I have almost 20 on my alt. Maybe one day they'll both get her.
Yeah... right.

Cardinals baseball and Memphis grizzlies are my pro teams. I have a sinking feeling the warriors have this year lined up as well.

I am in desperate need for more 6* mats. With Greg, y'sh, xon, and future warrior of light, I need more!!! Got 6* Ariana this morning so I can be done with that event, back to egg hunting.

Muku

Cardinals baseball and Memphis grizzlies are my pro teams. I have a sinking feeling the warriors have this year lined up as well.

I am in desperate need for more 6* mats. With Greg, y'sh, xon, and future warrior of light, I need more!!! Got 6* Ariana this morning so I can be done with that event, back to egg hunting.

Fortunately, with Mog King event coming up, will give you a chance to stock up on some more. :)

Yesterday started collecting Musical Notes to finish off the gear I didn't get Ariana the first time. Finished it last night before bed. Got her dress and two gloves made. Done with that event and back to egg event myself.

Edit: I don't have Cold Snap yet. I see folks recommend it. Who would be best to use it if you do craft it?

Also Tiger Mask vs Black Bandana, which would you recommend? Currently my guys use Tiger Masks. But also trying to save Rainbow Eggs for the enhancement things. So trying to figure if it's worth replacing their Masks with Bandanas or not. (I'm leaning toward no, but curious about consensus.) Right now the Rainbow Egg enhancement things I have the Support and Power one.

c-murph

I have gotten well over 20 Fryevia's Moogles on my main. I sell anything over 20 because I have no room for that shit. I have almost 20 on my alt. Maybe one day they'll both get her.
Yeah... right.

I have 20 saved too. I don't even want Fry but I know the moment I sell those MOGs I'll get her.

Edit: I don't have Cold Snap yet. I see folks recommend it. Who would be best to use it if you do craft it?

Also Tiger Mask vs Black Bandana, which would you recommend? Currently my guys use Tiger Masks. But also trying to save Rainbow Eggs for the enhancement things. So trying to figure if it's worth replacing their Masks with Bandanas or not. (I'm leaning toward no, but curious about consensus.) Right now the Rainbow Egg enhancement things I have the Support and Power one.

Stuck mine on Cecil, no clue on the tiger mask vs black bandana though...

evangd007

Cold Snap - Anyone who uses heavy armor and would like +15% ATK or +15% MAG. Or both.

Black Bandana - the main benefit it provides over Tiger Mask is the sleep immunity. That can help against enemies where sleep is a major mechanic, like Dark Siren.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If you can crafted the Ruler Ring, Cold Snap isn't needed. Same ATK and Mag as Ruler, but none of the restriction plus more stats on Ruler.

Black Bandana is solid if you aren't swimming in Black Cowls since it's basically the 0.5 Version of it.

I feel like 2nd Knife is good to turn anyone into a Dual Wield without wasting a spot. Specifically looking at tanks or support, so they can hit twice at the cost of a shield.

tuffymon

I like the second knife, even if it was troublesome to craft. Bandanna is nice as Shintoki said, and I'd recommend at least 2 Icy veins for the ice resist, that is if you don't have Ice Rosetta's, never know if we'll need em.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I like the second knife, even if it was troublesome to craft. Bandanna is nice as Shintoki said, and I'd recommend at least 2 Icy veins for the ice resist, that is if you don't have Ice Rosetta's, never know if we'll need em.

If it was 20% Resistance, I'd agree. But 10% is definitely a draw I feel, since accessory slots. It's an item where I feel like if you have time, get it. If not. Don't worry.

2nd knife is more valuable unless you have 3+ DW already.

I'd prioritize the 2nd knife, Bandana, and depending on what units you have, Power and Support Crystals. Then Icy Veins. Of course all of these items this time are more dependent on what TMs and units you have. So their is no must get like Survival Knife or elemental weapons this time. Everything is more optional.

Event is great for new players and a nice way to fill in the gaps for some older ones, but must people playing since the start, should be fine.

Muku

Already have knife on both main and alt. It does good for Yun right now on main. Sadly my alt it's just on Delita. Because he's the best I have. ;_;

Just more curious about Bandana's. Seem like a lot of work to make for the smallest of upgrades vs Masks. That's why I was a bit curious.

As for Cold Snap.... would that be best on WKN? That's only person I could think of.

Edit: Should note I think of things to use to fullest. Not half of something.

tuffymon

If it was 20% Resistance, I'd agree. But 10% is definitely a draw I feel, since accessory slots. It's an item where I feel like if you have time, get it. If not. Don't worry.

Mileage varies from person to person for sure, but after seeing someone solo the dark esper trial with having enough resist stuff, I'll pick it up as a jic~

How is the random stuff and p2w ? Id like to start a new mobile game ...

I restarted my game at end of February and have been completely F2P since the second I stopped rerolling.

1: you need (not want, need) to reroll into a top 1,2 or 3 character. If you want to stay F2P that is the best way to start off.

2: do (at most) one 11 pull (and only early in the game). As a F2P it's better to pull 20 units over 20 days than 11 units at once. So daily 1/2 price pulls are preferred.

3: post on here and the lovely people will friend you and help you as friend units.

4: always prioritize tickets over anything else until you get a hang of the game. Even afterwards tickets are still a top priority, just maybe not the highest like at the beginning.

5: feel free to ask questions here, read the Reddit and peruse the wiki. Best way to stay F2P is to stay informed.

Rokuren

A top 5 star character certainly helps, can be particularly useful for arena depending on who, but is by no means required to clear events and trials.

A top 5 star character certainly helps, can be particularly useful for arena depending on who, but is by no means required to clear events and trials.

Sure, but when you start the game with a top tier I gaurantee you, you will be happier playing the game than if you started without one...

Reroll, if you are starting the game reroll, can't stress it enough. F2P games are designed to make you spend money, rerolling is literally the only time you can mitigate the randomness in the game by "fixing" your starting point. In a race, where would you start? In pole position or back in the pack?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
There's really no question whether or not you should reroll if you plan on playing more than a month. If you just want a taste to see if the game is for you, that's another conversation.

Shouta

I hope Alim gets some info for the next JP event out soon. I hope it's the FF6 one too because I want to get an upgraded version of the Figaro brothers. =(

Rokuren

Sure, but when you start the game with a top tier I gaurantee you, you will be happier playing the game than if you started without one...

Reroll, if you are starting the game reroll, can't stress it enough. F2P games are designed to make you spend money, rerolling is literally the only time you can mitigate the randomness in the game by "fixing" your starting point. In a race, where would you start? In pole position or back in the pack?

Absolutely, a top tier unit helps a lot; and re-rolling can give you a major leg up. It's just that since the post included a reference to to the pay 2 win levels of the game I thought the whole need part might give the wrong impression.

Ughhh, was looking at summon banners and didn't realize I wasn't on daily...

Just wasted 500 lapis on a summon. Got 2nd Xon.

Edit - Due to frustration I spent 250 on the daily for a Charlotte. Down to 820 lapis.

Ugh...

At least I've been saving those 300 lapis ticket bundles. Still have (9) tickets with another (10) coming with the Mog King event, as well as my 4* ticket, so it could be worse!

Lyrian

Off a Daily son!!!!!

Fryveia thanks for eating those moogles

Congrats on the Fryevia!

I hope Alim gets some info for the next JP event out soon. I hope it's the FF6 one too because I want to get an upgraded version of the Figaro brothers. =(

Hyyyppppee

Lets hope they get the justice they deserve

Agreed. Hoping FF6 gets the love that FF9 got.

7 purecrysts down, 1 to go. Soooooo ready for this event to be over with already.

Lyrian

I think I've summoned over 400k eggs and didn't get a single Burst Pot, like, WOW.

Rates on pots became seriously bad once the heavicrysts got added to the 4* pool.

Not quite Y'sh bad, but fairly close. I've had multiple streaks of 200-300k eggs between seeing a 4* burst pot show up. I'd probably peg the rates for a 4* pot to show up at 0.25~0.33% per pull.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've gotten to the point in this game where I'm completely unable to progress. My units are just not strong enough, or I don't have the right abilities/equipment.

In the story I'm up to Snowy Woods - Fluttering Fairies and the boss basically one shots my entire team. Even your guys' high end borrowed units aren't enough to kill the mini-wisps that the boss has helping it.

Also unable to progress in the colosseum. I can't beat the boss of ADV, C-1. His group attack levels my entire team.

Team I'm using is Gilgamesh (6 star), Cecil, Butz, Exdeath, Refia (all 5-star), all max level.

I'm not sure what I can do from here to progress and make myself stronger. Do I need to grind out some TMR like dual-cast and dual wield and stuff?

I've legit leveled like 30 units these last few days.

All my 6 star are fully maxed. All 5* ready to awaken after I restock on mats this week.

Leveled a bunch of scrubs too. I haven't caught up on Reddit but ADV dark esper trial giving that much XP has got to be a mistake, no?

Oh, and having a growth egg really helped!

Broseybrose

I've gotten to the point in this game where I'm completely unable to progress. My units are just not strong enough, or I don't have the right abilities/equipment.

In the story I'm up to Snowy Woods - Fluttering Fairies and the boss basically one shots my entire team. Even your guys' high end borrowed units aren't enough to kill the mini-wisps that the boss has helping it.

Also unable to progress in the colosseum. I can't beat the boss of ADV, C-1. His group attack levels my entire team.

Team I'm using is Gilgamesh (6 star), Cecil, Butz, Exdeath, Refia (all 5-star), all max level.

I'm not sure what I can do from here to progress and make myself stronger. Do I need to grind out some TMR like dual-cast and dual wield and stuff?

You have a good team, awaken them to 6* and max them. Give them the best equip you have, and take enemy defenses/resistances into account when planning your team/equipment.

All my 6 star are fully maxed. All 5* ready to awaken after I restock on mats this week.

Leveled a bunch of scrubs too. I haven't caught up on Reddit but ADV dark esper trial giving that much XP has got to be a mistake, no?

Same. No eggs here though. But it felt great to finally max out all the units Ive been wanting to plus the story units and even some that Ill probably never use.

Valentus

I have like 300 cactuars and no units to level. Also i have 2 eggs and 2 Nine tms. 390k exp for 10 nrg son!

Lyrian

I have like 300 cactuars and no units to level. Also i have 2 eggs and 2 Nine tms. 390k exp for 10 nrg son!

Same First World Exvius Problem here as well. I haven't needed to run the dark esper trial on ADV for xp because between the event and the FP summons, I've been drowning so badly in cactaurs that I'm dumping them on random 3* base units just to get rid of them. I've got enough 4* cactaurs stockpiled by themselves that I'll be able to instant 6* max 1 or 2 units immediately after the maintenance as soon as the event starts.

Daily today was a rainbow and got a Freyvia. Sold about 10 of her trust moogles unfortunately since I didn't expect to get her.

Also c-murph you need to clear a spot if you want me to accept your request. My ign is phosphor.

I've got no cactuars, but I've got no units to level. Got Xon, Neon Edgelord Laswell, and Yoshi to 100. Minfilia got maxed a while back. All the story units are at 80. (I could max Mercedes, but I'll never use her, and thus I don't see the point.)

I've had WoL and Agrias at 80 forever. I suppose I should get Garnet and Charlotte to 80, but I'm really just not feeling the need.

... for the story content in the future, do tangential characters like Luka, Shera, and Charlotte "count?" Or is it just Rain, Lasswell, Lid, Fina, Jake, and Nichol?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Just doing the event, I've leveled up quite a few. Finished off Kain and Xon today. Got multiple up to 5* and some 6 too. A day of TM farming basically nets me 10+ 10 pulls on the FP right now.

Just doing the event, I've leveled up quite a few. Finished off Kain and Xon today. Got multiple up to 5* and some 6 too. A day of TM farming basically nets me 10+ 10 pulls on the FP right now.

When does the enhanced FP summon end? I drained my 10,000 points (or whatever the max was) and was content to let it rise again, but you raise really good points here.

Iceman829

Hey guys I don't post here that often anymore since I'm usually just on the discord channel. I just deleted a few gaffers that haven't logged for 15+ days and have a few open spots. I'm currently sharing a 770 MAG Emperor geared for Ariana if anyone needs him. I also have a ~900 ATK Noctis.If I need to open more slots I'll gladly do it.

The should start by redoing Sabin's sprite. That thing is atrocious. The worse looking premium unit sprite in the game by far.

Celegus

The should start by redoing Sabin's sprite. That thing is atrocious. The worse looking premium unit sprite in the game by far.

Agreed SO much. I can't stand his at all, it's awful.

Big shout out to all those sharing Xon, I've been making great use of them all week! Think I'll end up getting enough for all 8 T5 crysts after all just doing snowy plains. Figured may as well go all in on this one if the going rate will be 100k and these are so easy to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom