• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor_No

This is the first Mog Event where I prefer the 4* over the 5* friend.

I'm using Gau, Terra, Kefka, Setzer, Orlandu and Friend Setzer.

2 Setzer Red Card chaining with Orlandu Ruination kills Atma Weapon 1 turn.

If i bring a TT instead, there's a chance Atma wipes my team on 2nd turn :/

There are a couple ways to use Trance Terra on Atma. A debuff-SPR + dual-cast Ultima should be able to take out 80-90% of Atma's health bar depending on how strong your friend TT is (~1,000+ mag) and Kefka's Last Footstep (deshell may also work, but obviously much riskier); two decent TT can kill Atma on first turn with DC Ultima. If your other party members can make up the remaining difference, you should be able to take out Atma on the first turn. The risk is if you don't kill him the first turn, and get his HP below 50% Atma can ruin your team. To counter this you can use Setzer's cursed card to paralyze him; two turns of dc Ultima should be enough with the right TT.

Second method is to use Magical Activation the first turn followed by Chaos Wave, which will also take out around 80-90% of Atma's health. As Chaos Wave chains very easy you can usually also kill him off with a strong Setzer. If you keep Atma's health over 50% you can survive whatever he dishes out the first turn; or you can just use Setzer's Cursed card to paralyze him.

I've been able to consistently clear ELT using TT, Setzer, and one half-leveled non-geared Kefka with Last Footstep. The rest of the units being unleveled bonus units.

Niahak

Anyone having the app crash after the last update? I think it's crashed five or six times for me.

I'll probably delete/redownload to see if that helps, but I was curious if anyone else was seeing it.

/edit: If it makes any difference, Android/Galaxy S7 (not the burny one)

Kozmo

Just dropping by to say I bought 10 friend slots, and am sharing a poorly-geared TT. Will steal gear from my other mages to get her up to snuff shortly though.

Please have GAF in message.

Takuan

Used my guaranteed 4*, got a third Chizuru... I guess that speeds up my blade mastery TM.
Anyone having the app crash after the last update? I think it's crashed five or six times for me.

I'll probably delete/redownload to see if that helps, but I was curious if anyone else was seeing it.

/edit: If it makes any difference, Android/Galaxy S7 (not the burny one)

Game was super-crashy for a bit; it's improved with the most recent update, but I still get the rare crash every now and then. I'm on a OnePlus One, don't think it's memory related.

c-murph

Used my guaranteed 4*, got a third Chizuru... I guess that speeds up my blade mastery TM.

Game was super-crashy for a bit; it's improved with the most recent update, but I still get the rare crash every now and then. I'm on a OnePlus One, don't think it's memory related.

I have a Moto Z Play and experience no crashing whatsoever. Although, on my Moto G 3rd Gen it crashes like crazy when I go from TM Farming to Arena/Exploration Maps. So, I have to restart when doing one and moving to the other on it.

bonkeng

There are a couple ways to use Trance Terra on Atma. A debuff-SPR + dual-cast Ultima should be able to take out 80-90% of Atma's health bar depending on how strong your friend TT is (~1,000+ mag) and Kefka's Last Footstep (deshell may also work, but obviously much riskier); two decent TT can kill Atma on first turn with DC Ultima. If your other party members can make up the remaining difference, you should be able to take out Atma on the first turn. The risk is if you don't kill him the first turn, and get his HP below 50% Atma can ruin your team. To counter this you can use Setzer's cursed card to paralyze him; two turns of dc Ultima should be enough with the right TT.

Second method is to use Magical Activation the first turn followed by Chaos Wave, which will also take out around 80-90% of Atma's health. As Chaos Wave chains very easy you can usually also kill him off with a strong Setzer. If you keep Atma's health over 50% you can survive whatever he dishes out the first turn; or you can just use Setzer's Cursed card to paralyze him.

I've been able to consistently clear ELT using TT, Setzer, and one half-leveled non-geared Kefka with Last Footstep. The rest of the units being unleveled bonus units.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try your method so as to maximize farming. I'm wasting 1 non-bonus spot for Orlandu as that's the only way I can guarantee a win.

Only problem is, I only have 2 friends (Nintura and Phospor) with TT over 1k mag lol.

Need some of those bombs or other dude to show up. This is going soooo slow right now.

It's easy to finish though if you have Orlandu and Orlandu friend though. 27-hit chaining Divine Ruination kills Atma on turn-1.

Pejo

Man, those Dark Esper leveling days totally ruined my hoard of Holy Crystals/Sacred Crystals, and now I can't rank up my 2nd Setzer.

I'm totally going to try that 1shot the dark espers run that Val posted a video for yesterday. I'm so excited to finally be able to get into the chaining meta.

I really need to spend some time building my 2nd Olive and start getting both of them TM'd up. Is she still the best finisher outside of Doublehand Fry?

Thanks for the tip. I'll try your method so as to maximize farming. I'm wasting 1 non-bonus spot for Orlandu as that's the only way I can guarantee a win.

Only problem is, I only have 2 friends (Nintura and Phospor) with TT over 1k mag lol.

I just spent 5k arena medals to get mine over 1k just for you! My luck with MAG pots today was pretty bad still need about 20 points to cap.

across

I just spent 5k arena medals to get mine over 1k just for you! My luck with MAG pots today was pretty bad still need about 20 points to cap.

Slightly jealous. Max I can do without Fryevia / Marie / Emperor TMs is 981, and I'll need to sink days of energy into my TM squad for that. Alas.

Since I don't have any significant bonus characters to use. I don't know if an 800 Noctis (fireflask) is better than a 900atk olive as a companion.

Muku

Grats. Dropped 8 tickets into that (including the guaranteed 4* they gave out), no bueno.

Thank ya. He's the one I wanted. Mainly because I know TTerra I won't get. Which is okay. I spent a few tickets yesterday but didn't get any banner units with it. Think I'm done on banner which is great.

I'll probably get Setzer when trying to summon Ashe/Rasler so I'm not impatient about it.

The voice of reason. Also, I didn't pull last night either. I TM farmed instead. I need to actually do the event -- I haven't even started. But I'm on a bus to Pittsburgh this weekend for a wedding, so there's no rush.

eggydoo

man ultima weapon just owned me...first time in a few runs lol
He did graviga to drop everyone down to 1k health and then followed up with an AOE attack.....

Muku

This event makes me want to repeatedly bash my head against a desk. It takes forever to burn NRG. The drops are so abysmal. Good luck finding any fucking little shit bonus enemies. Why do we swap from good events back to horrible events? It's so awful. If I'd known this was going to be so bad, I wouldn't have used my Cactaur on Kefka and Terra but kept them. Then I'd need less Fish.

It feels like a double wtf just because drops and taking forever to burn NRG. Dear god.

evangd007

I'll probably get Setzer when trying to summon Ashe/Rasler so I'm not impatient about it.

You'll get Xon when going for Setzer, Setzer when going for Rikku, and Rikku when going for Ashe/Rasler. Is there any point to having 4*s on banners?

Daily: Gau

He does exist!

Muku

You'll get Xon when going for Setzer, Setzer when going for Rikku, and Rikku when going for Ashe/Rasler. Is there any point to having 4*s on banners?

Daily: Gau

He does exist!

That's a lie. He's a figment of your imagination. :( Or Gumi's sick joke on the playerbase.

Lyrian

This event makes me want to repeatedly bash my head against a desk. It takes forever to burn NRG.

It feels like a double wtf just because drops and taking forever to burn NRG. Dear god.

What are you doing specifically that's making this so difficult?

In contrast, I'm somewhat happy (offset by back to "normal" event currency drop rates) about how fast I can get rid of energy compared to the egg event, which was almost an impossibility.

Muku

What are you doing specifically that's making this so difficult?

In contrast, I'm somewhat happy (offset by back to "normal" event currency drop rates) about how fast I can get rid of energy compared to the egg event, which was almost an impossibility.

It's not difficult. It's boring as shit. Takes forever to burn the NRG, and the 'bonus' is awful crap. That's the problem. The egg event, once I found a better place than where I was running, was relatively quick and definitely easy. It was more enjoyable. I could at least AOE steal shit. This though.. unless you get bonus enemies.. is awful. And good luck finding those apparently.

Oh my god. Alt daily Blue -> Gold. Sweet, Setzer here maybe too? .... Fucking Vanille.

Lyrian

It's not difficult. It's boring as shit. Takes forever to burn the NRG, and the 'bonus' is awful crap. That's the problem.

Oh my god. Alt daily Blue -> Gold. Sweet, Setzer here maybe too? .... Fucking Vanille.

OK, that's fair. Can't argue that standard Mog King runs aren't terribly exciting after the first couple of runs.

At least there are no real chase items on Mog King this time around, so finishing the fish farm won't take terribly long.

Did a daily + 1... both gold crystals..... Mercedes and Gaffgarion #62,982. Meh?

Muku

OK, that's fair. Can't argue that standard Mog King runs aren't terribly exciting after the first couple of runs.

At least there are no real chase items on Mog King this time around, so finishing the fish farm won't take terribly long.

Did a daily + 1... both gold crystals..... Mercedes and Gaffgarion #62,982. Meh?

Well, I have to replace the Cactaur I spent on Kefka and Terra. Ugh. :( Though I don't have to buy all 100 technically. The Family Cactaur or whatever from last event hold some of the 100 slots. Keeping them for a big drop. I gotta get all 6* mats to make up for raising two to 6* at once. Plus tickets. And the Trust Moogle. I'd also like Beret and Tabby Suit. :( So that's quite a bit. Will have to see how the bonus enemy hunt goes. Not expecting much though.

Lyrian

Well, I have to replace the Cactaur I spent on Kefka and Terra. Ugh. :( Though I don't have to buy all 100 technically. The Family Cactaur or whatever from last event hold some of the 100 slots. Keeping them for a big drop. I gotta get all 6* mats to make up for raising two to 6* at once. Plus tickets. And the Trust Moogle. I'd also like Beret and Tabby Suit. :( So that's quite a bit. Will have to see how the bonus enemy hunt goes. Not expecting much though.

There's also whatever Kefka will pay out next week in fish whenever he shows up. Hopefully, he will hasten up the grind for this event.

Muku

There's also whatever Kefka will pay out next week in fish whenever he shows up. Hopefully, he will hasten up the grind for this event.

I hope so, but I have a feeling it's going to be a bitch and a half. Not sure if that is case I could tackle it. (Definitely not on alt.)

Ok so question regarding TT and BIS setups.

I've completed 1 L&A, have 2 more that can be taken from 0-100. I do not have Fry TM, only mag sword is enhancer. I do have 2 Emps, one at 0% and the other at 50% and he's in the TM cooker. I completed the Omni rod and am currently using:

1 L&A
2 mag 30%
dual wield

Enhancer and Omni Rod.

Should the goal be 2 Emp staffs, dual wield, 3 mag 30% or 3 L&A, dual wield, 1 emp staff, and enhancer?

_woLf

I'm convinced rainbows come in waves now.

After going nearly a year without a single rainbow ever, I got yshtola/orlandu back to back days and now I got Luneth from a random yolo ticket pull.

Guess I'll be replacing Chizuru in my lineup with him :)

Okay... so chaining help. I haven't really tried them up to this point, but now that I have a Setzer I'm definitely interested in jumping in. Well... he's not quite leveled up enough to really make a go at it, but a lot of people on my friends list are sharing Setzers I can use.

So I heard things about how well he works with Yun, and I even saw a GIF that showed that duo WRECKING a boss. So I thought I'd give it a whirl in the Dark Esper trial since I never got the 5 party reward and the Siren's Robe would go great on my T. Terra.

Loaded it all up with red card and raging bird, unleashed it expecting some magic.... and got nothing. The damage was AWFUL. It barely even made a blip on Ifrit's health. I obviously did something seriously wrong, or I'm completely messing up what a chain is.

Can someone explain how I'm supposed to use this in "dummie's guide" terms?

Okay... so chaining help. I haven't really tried them up to this point, but now that I have a Setzer I'm definitely interested in jumping in. Well... he's not quite leveled up enough to really make a go at it, but a lot of people on my friends list are sharing Setzers I can use.

So I heard things about how well he works with Yun, and I even saw a GIF that showed that duo WRECKING a boss. So I thought I'd give it a whirl in the Dark Esper trial since I never got the 5 party reward and the Siren's Robe would go great on my T. Terra.

Loaded it all up with red card and raging bird, unleashed it expecting some magic.... and got nothing. The damage was AWFUL. It barely even made a blip on Ifrit's health. I obviously did something seriously wrong, or I'm completely messing up what a chain is.

Practice. The trick is to time it so the attacks alternate in sequential order.

This is why good chainers are sought after. the easier and more forgiving the timing the better

And we always use elemental chains so make sure they have matching elemental weapons

I can't speak on chaining with Sezter or Yun as I've only done chains with Orlandu. I've tapped out at 41 or 47. Can't remember what the cap is. But what I can say is that it's ALL about timing and it takes practice. What I'd do is run the last earth shrine that has that boss and practice there. You jumped right into one of the biggest fishes pond right off the bat. Once you get it and it sticks you will be amazed at what you can do. Like for Orlandu I have to tap them almost at the exact same time to get the chain to work, otherwise it resets. it's not like that for different units. Videos, gifs, here and Reddit should hopefully get you what you need.

Practice. The trick is to time it so the attacks alternate in sequential order.

This is why good chainers are sought after. the easier and more forgiving the timing the better

And we always use elemental chains so make sure they have matching elemental weapons

I can't speak on chaining with Sezter or Yun as I've only done chains with Orlandu. I've tapped out at 41 or 47. Can't remember what the cap is. But what I can say is that it's ALL about timing and it takes practice. What I'd do is run the last earth shrine that has that boss and practice there. You jumped right into one of the biggest fishes pond right off the bat. Once you get it and it sticks you will be amazed at what you can do. Like for Orlandu I have to tap them almost at the exact same time to get the chain to work, otherwise it resets. it's not like that for different units. Videos, gifs, here and Reddit should hopefully get you what you need.

Thanks. I hadn't really considered the elemental bit. I'll run the ES a bit more and see if I can get the timing down. Has anyone here had any luck with the Setzer+Yun combo? Any tips on the timing?

Malakhov

Banned
Deleted friends who didnt play for more than three weeks. Have spots open. Currently sharing setzer for the event, normally 1180atk olive or Orlandeau. Put GAF in your player's description or I won't accept.

zhoRzUL.jpg

Malakhov

Banned
I'm convinced rainbows come in waves now.

After going nearly a year without a single rainbow ever, I got yshtola/orlandu back to back days and now I got Luneth from a random yolo ticket pull.

Guess I'll be replacing Chizuru in my lineup with him :)
Grats. They definitely do. I got Marie in the free 10+1 pull, Olive a minute later on a second ticket and Queen the next event. Took me a good while to get Ramza on a random ticket on the Orlandeau banner after that.

Yes, Rainbows come in waves.

I got Ramza, followed by Ramza.

You got put into a bucket with Ramza in it twice. I'd like to see how they really calculate RNG here. We're talking lotto level astronomical chances occurring semi-regularly. It's like you were actively denied TT because too many were pulled that hour.

Kouriozan

Dunno if I'm lucky but I.m on my 4th Nelapa (+1 in a failed run), 3rd Golden Bomb, already bought all tickets and have 15k fishes currently.
This event was good for me so far, without even summoning on its banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom