• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pulled Prishe with my guaranteed 5* 10+1 in my JP account...Don't know much about her. Working through the story now to try again tho. Luckily I hadn't made any story progress.

Also, I can throw up my Marie as well, but as crazyivsn said, I don't have her geared for BIS.

So, tucked into this a bit last night and damn, I really like this gacha. Now I'm fairly certain I'll be sticking to this one I gotta ask about pull rarity.

Is it worth doing a reroll to get a good starter unit? Are the pull rates fair enough that making a reroll to go for trance terra is viable? Will I be at it for days just trying to get that one unit?

Figure I'd check how people feel about pull rates first since its not the same emu that I use and no idea how convenient or slow it is versus the Dokkan Battle reroll.

Rixa

So, tucked into this a bit last night and damn, I really like this gacha. Now I'm fairly certain I'll be sticking to this one I gotta ask about pull rarity.

Is it worth doing a reroll to get a good starter unit? Are the pull rates fair enough that making a reroll to go for trance terra is viable? Will I be at it for days just trying to get that one unit?

Figure I'd check how people feel about pull rates first since its not the same emu that I use and no idea how convenient or slow it is versus the Dokkan Battle reroll.

Reroll. Its your best chance to get base 5*.
Exviuswiki | How to reroll.
You need one dummy FB account for rerolling.

For base 5* rates are _very_ low, around 1% - 1.5%.

I kinda' geared up my Marie and am sharing her, although she's not terribly overpowered. Anyone here that doesn't have me as a friend, feel free to add me: 715,699,683. I just bought more slots.

Alkez

yup failed but hes definitely easier than the espers

just have to have to find a good strat to do damage

I think he's meant to be easy to kill if you nuke him on his elemental debuff turn, but I'm not quite sure how to do the challenges.

Is your Frye leveled up btw? I could use it for the (inconsistent) elemental chain.

Reroll. Its your best chance to get base 5*.
Exviuswiki | How to reroll.
You need one dummy FB account for rerolling.

For base 5* rates are _very_ low, around 1% - 1.5%.

Thanks! Quick question about how Nox works though. Can you basically create a state prior to the rolls to avoid having to go through the intro and tutorial each time? I figure I need to leave the first instance untouched and then just duplicate it and close it out as and when they fail?

Edit: eh, this is nowhere near worth the hassle. Need to create multiple temp email accounts and keep one as a perma, an FB account AND on top it off tie my phone number to all of these accounts just to get into a place where I can reroll. Is there a market for rerolls instead like Dokkan Battle? I'm really not up for giving up my phone number to so many ghost accounts.

Syntsui

Our Kefka doesn't permanently get the elemental weakness, or was this always like this in JP? This makes things VERY hard to build up limit break, basically we need several elemental coverage and not only LOLANDU.

Ok, I can't figure it out how the fuck are we supposed to do 2 summons in this fight even with Rydia or Garnet, building up gauge is the only annoying thing about it.

Now sharing Carbuncle Marie with over 100% elemental resists in everything but Dark - plus Ribbon. Let me know if you want me to tweak her. I could easily sacrifice some element resist for +HP, +SPR, or evade so she can play backup healer more easily.

I have a feeling most people are focused on Kefka right now, but for those doing the story missions:

Was anyone else taken aback by Lid's "If you listen to this sleazebag, I'll tie your crotches together into a knot" line? I mean, not offended, more just caught offguard. That's a frickin' legit line, and not something I expected given how relatively G rated the rest of this game has been. Caused me to literally laugh out loud.

I put spoiler tags even though it's not really anything significant, just in case someone doesn't want anything from the story revealed including dialog.

Our Kefka doesn't permanently get the elemental weakness, or was this always like this in JP? This makes things VERY hard to build up limit break, basically we need several elemental coverage and not only LOLANDU.

Ok, I can't figure it out how the fuck are we supposed to do 2 summons in this fight even with Rydia or Garnet, building up gauge is the only annoying thing about it.

Apparently Celes can Sealing Blade his removal of the debuff. Which is probably unintended, but it's hilariously thematic nonetheless.

c-murph

Is Kefka permanent or do I need to fight him now?

Edit: shit. went into battle unprepared with everyone having an elemental weapon. 15 RNG wasted.

Kouriozan

Void Vessels strat works, source : me

yQJsyvsl.jpg

Ran into an arena battle with a JP account that had three Fryes and a TT. Was almost impressed considering it was a level 24 account. Someone spent some money.

Kouriozan

Thanks Void Vessels!
It's basically survive until you can summon both espers then throw your items :lol

Lfk45DNl.jpg

Didn't get finish with LB but I don't really care about 15% resist Light.
Finished on turn 14 or something, eat one of threshold + Ultima, no death but close!

Alkez

Managed to do it first time, all challenges. Took me an hour, but my ragtag band of misfits managed to get the job done.

(Ragtag band being Ramza, Frye, Ling, Cecil, Refia, and friend Noctis, in other words my default team)

CaRnNHnl.png

Kouriozan

If my Noctis wasn't charmed I could have gone for the finish with LB too, but it was hard to survive so I'm glad we can cheese him.
Good luck for those who don't have the void vessel recipe though.

Might do it again on the last day without cheesing for fun.

Pejo

Just jumped into the Kefka trial without reading anything about it early this morning, hoping to just be able to use a smoke bomb to escape and get the "use item" reward. big nope to both of those hopes.

Looks like this trial is following the path of "slow and steady" for the latest group of trials. That's fine I guess, but loading up on tanks, healers, and a bunch of weak but flexible units just isn't very satisfying. Especially when I've spent the majority of my TM farming time building up damage units. Ah well, I'll give it a shot later tonight.

Alkez

If my Noctis wasn't charmed I could have gone for the finish with LB too, but it was hard to survive so I'm glad we can cheese him.
Good luck for those who don't have the void vessel recipe though.

Might do it again on the last day without cheesing for fun.

That charm thing was ultimate BS. I had no clue that could happen.

Wish I had taken Void Vessels with me. Would have made the fight much quicker. I had to do it with a single Frye and I only got Firaga 3 times in the entire fight. I accidently took a non-Excalibur Noctis, which was unfortunate because I got Graviga around 7 times in that fight.

Just jumped into the Kefka trial without reading anything about it early this morning, hoping to just be able to use a smoke bomb to escape and get the "use item" reward. big nope to both of those hopes.

Looks like this trial is following the path of "slow and steady" for the latest group of trials. That's fine I guess, but loading up on tanks, healers, and a bunch of weak but flexible units just isn't very satisfying. Especially when I've spent the majority of my TM farming time building up damage units. Ah well, I'll give it a shot later tonight.

Lol at the smoke bomb. Was a good idea (I would have thought it would have worked. Were you able to escape or did it stop you?)

In regards to slow and steady, you don't need to go that route. I only took 1 tank and 1 healer, and Ling as support. I didn't need to take Ramza but I chose to simply because I' don't like managing buffs. He didn't do anything but sing (well I had a few cura turns) so you should be able to do it with 3 offence.

Edit: Also I didn't use any bar spells (or similar skills). You just need heals and to a lesser extent some cover.

Ken

i think i made this harder than it needed to be

bartz for sustain while waiting for waterga so olive can LB. used garnet to get the espers but with how much I waited I think i could have done without her.

i had WKN with 100% provoke so he always had charm lol

Menchi

Yeah, his trial is only difficult because of shitty orb drops. After 24 turns, I was one off getting Diablos and he does the most annoying magic combo... Graviga followed by Bioga which kills everyone bar CoD and Y'shtola.

That is a very unlucky combo as he's apparently only meant to use that 20% of the time every 4 turns. Any other element would have left me alive but darkness is the only one that does 75% damage :/

Completely unrelated but I hope that Noctis gets a 3 turn Fish when its his turn for Enhancements. One turn is bullshit, it interferes with my hopes of turning him into a legit provoke 100% evasion tank. Gumi plz! :)

Kouriozan

Completely unrelated but I hope that Noctis gets a 3 turn Fish when its his turn for Enhancements. One turn is bullshit, it interferes with my hopes of turning him into a legit provoke 100% evasion tank. Gumi plz! :)
Indeed, that's why WoL finally surpassed Cecil in JP, his 100% provoke enhancement let it last 3 turn.

Alkez

There's an armor piece and an accessory later on that give 20% and 10% passive provoke respectively, so with the move provoke you'll be able to have 100%. It does mean you can only have 95% evasion though (unless you have 2 Rings of Lucii?).

Indeed, that's why WoL finally surpassed Cecil in JP, his 100% provoke enhancement let it last 3 turn.

I think it's more to do with the buff to The Light Is With Us. At least from the JP videos I've watched, after WoL gets ReRaised (which in JP atm seems to be every turn) they use that over provoke.

Celegus

Setzer cheese is pretty easy if you give him two elemental weapons and then double dice on turns one of them is good against. Just gotta survive long enough to get enough esper orbs. I didn't get the limit break kill, but not sure I'd even use a 15% light res materia.

wilstreak

after manage to summon both Diabolos and Carbuncle, my thought is "let's just use Setzer Double Dice to decrease its HP near 590.000 so that i can kill him using Void Vessel", and damn, turns out it is 77.777 x 2 Setzer x 1.5 (man eater) x 2 Dual Wield and instantly pass 40% threshold.

Good thing somehow his Ultimate attack only kill my yshtola.
Didn't finish LB kill because i press Ling's LB 1 second to early and to lazy to do it again.

Sooo uhhhh I think I over did this. Team was Setzer with DW verand and coral sword, Yshtola, Minfilia, Cecil and TT.

Fight starts Kefka casts water-ga, I double dice him with Setzer and he dies. Like, hes dead 30 seconds into the fight. All I got was the trust moogle, didn't even get to use an item LOL. I'll need to do it again for rest of the achievements. Setzer, you da real MVP! Used the 5% tm to finish off Discernment. Noctis is now 100% evade and immune to all status except death!

SeanTSC

Took Cecil, Bartz, Ling, Noctis x2, and Friend Marie my first go. Forgot to unequip Ling's Survival knife so wasn't building orbs/crystals on her for shit and eventually wiped due to not paying attention since everything was taking forever.

Kicked Ling out, took Garnet instead, and proceeded to absolutely destroy him. Got the Espers up pretty quick and by the time his Holy Debuff (both my Noctis had Excaliburs) rolled around again he got massively over-killed by 2x Noctis LB with Noctis Prime having his maxed at level 25.

Celegus

Took Cecil, Bartz, Ling, Noctis x2, and Friend Marie my first go. Forgot to unequip Ling's Survival knife so wasn't building orbs/crystals on her for shit and eventually wiped due to not paying attention since everything was taking forever.

Kicked Ling out, took Garnet instead, and proceeded to absolutely destroy him. Got the Espers up pretty quick and by the time his Holy Debuff (both my Noctis had Excaliburs) rolled around again he got massively over-killed by 2x Noctis LB with Noctis Prime having his maxed at level 25.

I wonder if one Noctis would be enough. Mine is also LB maxed and I have 2 Excaliburs, if people would want that over Setzer or Marie.

Muku

Hm, interesting take on the void vessel thing. Fortunately got in early enough that I have pattern. Got one made and in process of making my second. Hopefully can last long enough until phase I need to use them. Want the Moogles more than anything. Is it when he casts Light Resistance that his Dark becomes vulnerable?

On a good note this morning, got enough and bought the ATK 15%. Orlandu is loving it over his 10%. Now just to save for the MP 15%.

Muku

Yes, when Kefka use Banishga you can use your vessels.

Sweet, thank you. Now time to craft up 6 of them.

Edit: Haha obviously this game loves getting its jollies off my alt accounts daily pulls. Today the low point of rock thrower Alma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom