• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
Weird, never had mana problems with Refia and now we even have the vestment of mind. I don't really like Yshtola, her lack of full life annoys me. With Refia, often she got me out of trouble with dual casting full life and using Cecil to dual cast curaja as the backup healer.
Refia is great, but she needs duel cast to shine. I think we're past the point now where she fits every situation though, and Yshtola is sometimes more suitable.

Doesn't matter, once tilith 6* is out they'll both be benched.

Alkez

Does anyone have the link for the upcoming story missions and the rewards? I curious to know how many T5 crystals we get and what types.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
3% Rainbow rate.... droools

Maybe I'll spend more money once they bring it over.

Probably just going to run Maze for the weekend since I badly need to replenish 5* mats and below. No Holy Crystals. Dewplanes, etc.

Malakhov

Banned
Refia is great, but she needs duel cast to shine. I think we're past the point now where she fits every situation though, and Yshtola is sometimes more suitable.

Doesn't matter, once tilith 6* is out they'll both be benched.
For sure, once Tilith is there it is irrelevant. I guess it is a matter of opinion about Yshtola vs Refia but like I said, Yshtola's lack of full life bothers me and I have protectga and shellga on Marie so I keep using Refia.

Can't wait to have a new healer though, I remember how excited I was when I replaced Lenna with Refia a long, long time ago ;)

Malakhov

Banned
3% Rainbow rate.... droools

Maybe I'll spend more money once they bring it over.

Probably just going to run Maze for the weekend since I badly need to replenish 5* mats and below. No Holy Crystals. Dewplanes, etc.
Me too, started this morning. Holy crystals are very low in stock and I need to level up some units anyways.

Niahak

Went meta-fishing the past couple nights since I had a ton of energy to burn and very little time.

Start PRO floating continent, if 4 rounds give up and start over. No bonus units in 9 tries, both times. I've seen one bonus unit since Tuesday.

I'm sure it's just bad luck, but it seems like rates have gotten worse.

On the plus side, beat Kefka. Things got patchy a couple times, but the stars of the show were CoD, Refia, and Cecil (for Focus/LB). Minfillia was useful once or twice, but CoD's elemental cover was sufficient most of the time.

Used dual wield + the spear with double attack for maximal orb generation, along with a bunch of counter stuff on Cecil. Still took a long time.

Kouriozan

Looking what's coming in JP.

pD04vav.png

Gear enhancements! This can potentially be awesome if TM gears are included, like upgrading the old-ass weak ones.

What, the follow-up threat by Lid to Rain that if he followed Jake's advice, that she would
sew his balls together
didn't do it for you either, lol?

And... you didn't grasp the hidden meaning behind Lid telling Jake
that he played with unicorns
, either?

Lid's brutal :)

That too was hilarious. It was more of a I looked away for one sec and return to see Lif flying across the screen. It was indeed a "wtf lol" moment.

Weird, never had mana problems with Refia and now we even have the vestment of mind. I don't really like Yshtola, her lack of full life annoys me. With Refia, often she got me out of trouble with dual casting full life and using Cecil to dual cast curaja as the backup healer.

This has more to do with almost never running out of mana while spamming heals with Yshy because i have so much mp on her that her auto refresh gives so much back. Refia is amazing with DC, Full Life, and because of Embolden. However I have 2 characters with Full Life in Noct and Trance Terra. So that leaves Embolden which while better than Nocts Link from a % perspective, Link gets the job done in terms of buffing damage. So with all that said i have replaced her with Yshy.

across

Doubt anyone really cares about this, but I finished Orlandeau's TM and have played around with it a bit. Crush Accessory doesn't really need any elaboration - it's a physical attack with a 30% all-element imperil on it.

Ultima Sword - 2.5x damage w/ 25% ITD, so 333% - on paper a great finisher, in practice a little iffy. It's a move-to-target type attack that then plays the Ultima animation, similar to Holy Blade. This makes it.. interesting to time chains on. Not impossible by any means, but not as trivial as something like Fin Briar. Speaking of Fin Briar, it's basically Fin Briar+1.2. With triple the MP cost. And it takes an accessory slot. But it doesn't take Giancrysts!

Spirit Blade, the AoE attack that is the primary reason I bothered, is a bit more interesting. It's a stand-and-cast type attack, like Holy Explosion. The physical (1.6x) and magical (2.2x) components are discrete and hit on the exact same frame, as far as I can tell. It can't be covered, or at least the 9 Arena fights I've done today against Cecils failed to have one cover. Odds of that happening are low enough that I'm reasonably confident I'm right.
I don't have a comprehensive list of units who this might be best on in Arena - which is its primary place of relevance - the physical attackers I tried (Firion, Gilgamesh, Orlandeau) will do 999 easily on the physical part and a couple hundred at best on the magic part. Fryevia would be a pretty obvious choice if you have her. Noctis can probably make it happen with the right gear.

I put it on Cloud of Darkness@Diabolos, though, and geared her somewhat towards MAG. Thorned Mace, Lilith Rod, Circlet, Brave Suit (but any robe is probably fine), Cid's TM and a Ribbon. Man Eater materia, Power of Creation, Dual Wield, MAG+15%.

She hits 999x4, is immune to status ailments, and can Return everything except petrify. I'll keep playing with it to see if there's a better wielder, but for now she's in the lead.

I probably don't recommend grinding it, though.

Doubt anyone really cares about this, but I finished Orlandeau's TM and have played around with it a bit. Crush Accessory doesn't really need any elaboration - it's a physical attack with a 30% all-element imperil on it.

Ultima Sword - 2.5x damage w/ 25% ITD, so 333% - on paper a great finisher, in practice a little iffy. It's a move-to-target type attack that then plays the Ultima animation, similar to Holy Blade. This makes it.. interesting to time chains on. Not impossible by any means, but not as trivial as something like Fin Briar. Speaking of Fin Briar, it's basically Fin Briar+1.2. With triple the MP cost. And it takes an accessory slot. But it doesn't take Giancrysts!

Spirit Blade, the AoE attack that is the primary reason I bothered, is a bit more interesting. It's a stand-and-cast type attack, like Holy Explosion. The physical (1.6x) and magical (2.2x) components are discrete and hit on the exact same frame, as far as I can tell. It can't be covered, or at least the 9 Arena fights I've done today against Cecils failed to have one cover. Odds of that happening are low enough that I'm reasonably confident I'm right.
I don't have a comprehensive list of units who this might be best on in Arena - which is its primary place of relevance - the physical attackers I tried (Firion, Gilgamesh, Orlandeau) will do 999 easily on the physical part and a couple hundred at best on the magic part. Fryevia would be a pretty obvious choice if you have her. Noctis can probably make it happen with the right gear.

I put it on Cloud of Darkness@Diabolos, though, and geared her somewhat towards MAG. Thorned Mace, Lilith Rod, Circlet, Brave Suit (but any robe is probably fine), Cid's TM and a Ribbon. Man Eater materia, Power of Creation, Dual Wield, MAG+15%.

She hits 999x4, is immune to status ailments, and can Return everything except petrify. I'll keep playing with it to see if there's a better wielder, but for now she's in the lead.

I probably don't recommend grinding it, though.

I was going to grind it out and give to Ling (using diablos for man eater in the arena) and have her use it instead of Bushido Freedom as it takes away my debuffs that I apply. I've been waiting for someone to give some feedback on it.

evangd007

Daily -> Gold
Wow my 4* banner unit-less streak might finally be over! lol j/k it's Agrias #3.
I've made over 60 pulls since my last 4* banner unit, that being Luka.

Beat Kefka with Y'shtola, Cecil, Lightning, Queen, Luka, and friend Marie. Took a long time because I didn't use elemental weapons on Lightning so I'd have reliable meter build. Didn't get the limit break mission either. I'll probably go back to it even though the reward is meh because I'm a completionist.

I only use Refia when her immunities are relevant. DC Life w/ Curaja can bring up most non-tank characters just fine, and for tanks I prefer Y'shtola's ability to fully heal a living ally rather than a dead one.

evangd007

keep sharing those maries!

I still need to do the dark espers somehow

If you are getting destroyed a couple turns in, I reckon there is a problem with your team setup or strategy:

- Are you using Minfilia and rotating Shadow, Fire, and Water resist abilities?
- Are you equipping as much fire, shadow, and water resist gear as possible? Remember there's shadow resist on Valentine's gear and water resist on Dark Fina event gear.
- Did you unequip Ramuh, Shiva, and Carbuncle?
- Are you making sure that you are not hitting 2 thresholds in a single turn? That will cause Ifrit to enrage and deal massive AOE physical damage every turn, or Siren to heal both her and Ifrit to full.

across

I was going to grind it out and give to Ling (using diablos for man eater in the arena) and have her use it instead of Bushido Freedom as it takes away my debuffs that I apply. I've been waiting for someone to give some feedback on it.

I didn't think about using Ling because I forgot that Trained Assassin worked on magic damage (which the second hit of Spirit Blade may be, mechanically, though maybe it's just a physical attack that scales off MAG, like Sunbeam, which makes far more sense...)

My peasant Ling - no ATK/MAG pots (who the hell would think to do this on Ling.. ?!), with 292 ATK/250 MAG, Man-Eater materia and DW, doesn't quite hit 999x4 on most units, but clears 3.4k pretty consistently against non-tank units. She's not going to be penetrating Cecil or tank-built Refia, but she did just solo-kill someone in Arena running 5 Exdeaths.

Solid call, Zera. Ling continues to pay dividends. Well worth the 50 tickets. Maybe I'll TM her dagger next...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
We'll get it, but not until we're at a suitable equal point... so give it like 6-8~ months...

We've got most of the QoL updates well ahead of JPN.

I would imagine the next big feature set will be removal of crafting time, training dummy, etc. Which they got over a year after release, will probably get it a few months prior to our first year.

Material stacking we got pretty quick too. They got it for the Anni I believe, we got it much quicker.

These I can understand delaying to a better point. I expect the 3% Crystal change to happen sooner though, just like the Crystal change happened here. I could see it come around the Anniversary. Give us free pulls with their new system.

Stuff like saved Party equipment? Rank NRG Rollover? Daily Missions? These should be priority one and over as soon as they can port them.

Muku

Well, last night after taking out Kefka, only one of the 4* Moogles was showing up in my inventory. Was a bit bummed and thinking two should have been there. That's whole reason I did it. (That and it helped finished off Fish earlier.) This morning I claim my 5* one from daily and go to use it and see the second one is there. Whew!

Got my second Dual Wield @ 80% now. Once I finish that it is open season on gear. Might tackle Excalibur though once that comes about just because using Cecil in past has him up in TM a lot naturally. Will be nice to have the second DW. Will allow me to use the Knife for someone else.

Pejo

Got bored grinding everything and decided to outfit some characters that I never use in some of my best gear (We REALLY need a saved gearset per team option ala FFRK), and holy shit 6* Laswell is an MVP in Arena.

4*999 per round, and I'm not sure if his skill is hybrid or what, but I don't think I've seen any evades. To make it sweeter, he only has a Dual wield, maneater materia, Diabolos, and a bunch of ATK+10% gear. I think he was around 400 atk only, and he's destroying enemy teams. The only thing bad about him is his shit HP. Wonder how low I can take his attack and still get 999, so I can bump up his HP instead.

I didn't think about using Ling because I forgot that Trained Assassin worked on magic damage (which the second hit of Spirit Blade may be, mechanically, though maybe it's just a physical attack that scales off MAG, like Sunbeam, which makes far more sense...)

My peasant Ling - no ATK/MAG pots (who the hell would think to do this on Ling.. ?!), with 292 ATK/250 MAG, Man-Eater materia and DW, doesn't quite hit 999x4 on most units, but clears 3.4k pretty consistently against non-tank units. She's not going to be penetrating Cecil or tank-built Refia, but she did just solo-kill someone in Arena running 5 Exdeaths.

Solid call, Zera. Ling continues to pay dividends. Well worth the 50 tickets. Maybe I'll TM her dagger next...

That she does! She is one of the most diverse units that we have. I hope they release her on JP so we can get more theory craft involving her. I think I have her fully potted on mag and atk but I can't check right now as my phone is in TM farm mode lol. I have Orlandu's tm at about 35% as I was farming for it but once Trance Terra got released I dropped all the tm's I was farming and started focusing on getting Mag based TM's up to snuff. I will throw him back in the oven once my current batch is finished this weekend and hope to have him done by end of the upcoming week. I'll report my findings then. Hopefully someone else thought of this and can chime in?

Further more I'm secretly trying to build the most disgusting arena team I can think of that isn't using multiples. I often lose to teams with multiple Dark Fina's due to her retaliate being so damn brutal (I still want to pull her, she's an amazing unit both in and out of the arena) or multiple evade stacking Noctis', or 3 Nocts and 2 Dark Fina's I RARELY lose outside of the circumstances. I want the team to be able to both go the status route but still be able to dish out good magic damage to counter act evade teams. I need to take some time and draw out a plan lol. I do know it will include Noct 80- 100% evade, TT 55% evade, and Ling 80-100% evade. Setzer should find his way there with curse card. If I were to pull another TT she'd be the 5th or better would be Dark Fina but I don't have her :-(

tuffymon

We've got most of the QoL updates well ahead of JPN.

I would imagine the next big feature set will be removal of crafting time, training dummy, etc. Which they got over a year after release, will probably get it a few months prior to our first year.

Material stacking we got pretty quick too. They got it for the Anni I believe, we got it much quicker.

These I can understand delaying to a better point. I expect the 3% Crystal change to happen sooner though, just like the Crystal change happened here. I could see it come around the Anniversary. Give us free pulls with their new system.

Stuff like saved Party equipment? Rank NRG Rollover? Daily Missions? These should be priority one and over as soon as they can port them.

Oh I get it, and I understand we do get some stuff ahead of time, the rainbow % however, I just don't feel like that'll be the case. I'd love for the last line to happen sooner than later. There's no reason QoL should be a waiting game. Got my fingers crossed for the energy/inventory upgrade ><;

Muku

Somehow I dreamed that Gumi made Ling available again, and I was debating on trying to get her again or not.
Then I woke up T-T

;_; I totally would. But probably get denied. Again. Though if they brought her back now I have my 4* ticket saved so... ;)

Dandte

Did a pull on the jpn healer banner...got ayaka.....goddammit. My jpn Team is now Wol, Onion Knight, Roy, Gilgamesh and Ayaka....if this would be my global team i would be the happiest person alive.

Muku

Well crap. Finally saved up 300 Star Quartz thinking Man Eater was 300... but in a great find I see it's only 200. XD

Outside of buying Man Eater, what else do yall think is a must have from Star Quartz in the recent stuff?

Malakhov

Banned
I only use Refia when her immunities are relevant. DC Life w/ Curaja can bring up most non-tank characters just fine, and for tanks I prefer Y'shtola's ability to fully heal a living ally rather than a dead one.
Double curaja heals for almost 4k, rarely will I ever have to heal cecil for more than that. In the rare case I have to, I'll finish it with cecil or marie with the healing staff which you'd have to do if you're ST healing with Yshtola, since you're not healing other units meanwhile. Like I said, matter of opinion :)

keep sharing those maries!

I still need to do the dark espers somehow
I think you're on my friend's list, I will leave her there for a little while.

Well crap. Finally saved up 300 Star Quartz thinking Man Eater was 300... but in a great find I see it's only 200. XD

Outside of buying Man Eater, what else do yall think is a must have from Star Quartz in the recent stuff?

I'm personally a fan of the Cat Ear Hood (Hat: +25 MAG/SPR, +20% Fire/Ice/Lightning/Light Resist). It costs 100 SQ and works perfectly for a healer.

Alkez

Ling continues to pay dividends. Well worth the 50 tickets.
That she does! She is one of the most diverse units that we have.

Completely agree with this. Every time I win a tough fight I think to myself "Damn, how would I have done that without Ling".

I don't think there's any must buys atm. Cat Ear Hood is decent. Second best mage hat (to Creepy Mask and Black Cowl). Auto Refresh is also useful if you don't have Soluna Rings or Vestment of the Mind.

Lyrian

This in JP, King Mog stuff:

Maybe this works in JP (no TM farming)
But, the amount of hilarious shitposts if they bring this to global :D

I appreciate the fact they are making some TMs easily accessible. Macros completely fucked the game's power curve and nothing can change that without fucking people that don't use it.

I think Syntsui nails it here. On one hand power creep (sure). On the other hand, it's really obvious that the overall arching meta of the game is to TM farm macros as a way to more reliably clear ELTs and trials.

It really feels like a concession to that. However, I can also see it as another attempt to try to keep people running grind events instead of TM farming. Why TM farm when you can just earn event currency and specific-target units you want to TM farm?

Those prices though....

100k currency for 5% to Chiz? Wha? At that price, I'm still macroing.

8k for Ludmille's Dualcast or Cecil's Excalibur? I'd bite at that price.

500 for 5* to Shadow? The one true doge (ok, that's Interceptor, but still). Everyone will laugh and then he gets a Zidane or Vivi-like bump to 6*s....

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6817i1/jp_producer_letter_42817/

rainbow rates going from 1% to 3%....

7* incoming or am I just being too skeptical?

PAD did a similar move as the game aged. It's both arguments. More units in 5* pull, makes it harder to target a single unit from a banner. Also, it does down the road begin to setup the eventual transition for 6* bases to take the place of the old 5* base rates.

Yuna stats

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/785

hmm.... can't be sure if she's good or not.

Looking at Yuna's stat page, I'm happy and pissed off at the same time for the game's first 5* base summoner.

PROS:

-- Appears to have a unique summon to her? (1* attack at 5* 80, 2* attack at 6* 100). Summon isn't equip-able though; attacks only. Summoning this esper only consumes HALF of the summon gauge.

-- She gains +50% bonus to the stats yielded from equipping an esper (meh?)

-- Can summon anyone's equipped espers

-- Green mage/ white mage/ summoner hybrid?

-- LB is Curada-like with + Mega-Focus.... but incredibly expensive (30! Crystals).

CONS:

-- Like Garnet, her summoning damage is a sidegrade and doesn't move the meta forward. Disappointing, again.

-- Unlike Garnet, her LB does not fill the summoning bar. This makes it considerably more difficult than via the other summoners to evoke summons. Partially dependent on Garnet to evoke reliably. Filling the LB bar is an ability, which can't be dualcasted.

-- No innate LB fill. Her TM weapon is pretty much mandatory.

Unsure how to feel. Like Garnet and Eiko, this feels like another sidegrade for summoners again. Yuna ends up being a White Mage / Green Mage/ Summoner hybrid... which I guess frees up more room on a team for other DPS?

Muku

I'm personally a fan of the Cat Ear Hood (Hat: +25 MAG/SPR, +20% Fire/Ice/Lightning/Light Resist). It costs 100 SQ and works perfectly for a healer.

I saw it there but not sure if it's worth it? Using Soul Crown currently on Refia. Also should note she has Vestments of Mind as well.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Said it before on TM farming, they should either embrace it and make it a function of the game. Or make it more accessible to others through increase moogles. Either way, the result is they can begin balancing the game around TMs then.

I would also argue it would increase their bottom line too, since now both characters and equipment are tied to pulls.

Lyrian

Said it before on TM farming, they should either embrace it and make it a function of the game. Or make it more accessible to others through increase moogles. Either way, the result is they can begin balancing the game around TMs then.

I would also argue it would increase their bottom line too, since now both characters and equipment are tied to pulls.

Agreed on both fronts, fully.

Animations for FFX units: Scroll to bottom of page

Won't happen as long as they are fishing for whales, I think.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Chiming in to say I agree with all of the above -- Lyrian, Synstsui, Shin, etc.

Either they build around TM'ing and let others in on it, or they factor it into their grind prices. I'm just not sure they've found the right balance yet is all.

robotuw

Whew! It's been a couple of productive days! I beat the new story content, iced Kefka, and summoned and leveled TT up to 100 all yesterday. Today I caught up on missed quests and explorations to get access to the new vault. I got the cat hood and dragon shield for Refia so now she's immune to fire, ice, thunder, and light. All that, and I probably made about 3-4k lapis doing it.

Ok, I know the maze is random, but is there a trick to it or am I just incredibly unlucky? I get to maybe 2 or 3 almost every time before I pick the wrong door. Are there any tricks to it?

Malakhov

Banned
Ok, I know the maze is random, but is there a trick to it or am I just incredibly unlucky? I get to maybe 2 or 3 almost every time before I pick the wrong door. Are there any tricks to it?
No, completely random. I am also very unlucky since this morning, I think I will finish levelling xon and call it off and do the new story content.

I kinda have ocd so I always go left, right and then center and repeat it over and over again, normally I do OK with it but not this time around.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

just watch for moogles standing over one door, and then go through that door, which will always be a good one. but that's the only thing, really. otherwise just pick a direction and go with it. all random.

Shouta

Hmm, I don't know if I should pick up some Lapis to pull on the Guaranted 5-star banners or not. I've got the units I need for the most part but it would be nice to get one that has a TM I could use like Cloud's or Elfried's for my Randi.

In other stuff, I've got enough T4 Attack stones to max out Tidus' Quick Trick and I just maxed his LB. I'm probably gonna be using him more now because he'll be able to deal 1440% per Quick Trick after I apply his LB on the enemy. So good.

Edit: I wonder if I can get enough from the story for just one pull. The question then would be which one, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom