• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I've had this on my phone since it came out but haven't spent much time actually playing it. Just logging on for daily rewards and stuff. I decided to give it an honest try, since my stamina was capped at like 600 or something and all my inventories were full so I literally couldn't claim anymore dailies.

So that first day, I just dumped a bunch of lapis on material slots, some unit slots, sold a bunch of 1-2 star units I got from the friend point thing. Then I played the game for a few hours with all that stamina. Made a bunch of fast progress in the world map. Now that that 600 stamina is gone I'm not sure how the best time to spend time/stamina as a noob.

The amount of stamina you get in this game seems pretty sad compared to most other gachas I play. I can only do you can only do like 2-3 maps before having to refresh it or wait. Also characters level up sooo slow which makes it feel like I've gotten nothing done with my 20-ish stamina. I'd accumulated some exp cactaurs and stuff I fed to my main leader, but the rest of my guys are are really low. I switched my team around since I realized I was using lame guys that cap at 4 stars when I have a bunch of better guys that cap at 6, but they're all 3 stars right now so I need exp and materials to rank them up.

So what's the best way to spend stamina/lapis to get them back up to snuff so I can do more progress? Is there a trick to leveling your profile rank up quicker so I can get more stamina? I've got like 7k lapis saved up but I already have decent units, so I don't want to spend it on rolling, should I just save it for slots? Are any of the daily bundles worthwhile? Should I just shut up and go read a noob guide? Should I just give up and go back to collecting dailies?

Sorry for the novella

The game is fairly brutal (towards energy consumption in regard to a player's max energy pool) at the lower levels, but opens up considerably once you get 30 or 40 ranks under your belt.

Story mode is best for ranking up in general (although you can get a burst of bonus rank xp per hour right now by clearing any difficulty in the Ifrit raid event; even BGN).

Generally speaking, the farther in the story you are, the better the rank xp/energy you earn.

Where are you in the story?

Shouta

This is where I'm at. I'll keep running it, but I'm going to stay at the PRO level and reap what I can from the raid. I'm not going to sweat it over a couple of tickets and gear for units I don't really care about that are outclassed by normal gear anyway. I think the real bummer is the awakening materials, which basically would guarantee I do nothing with these units if I can't awaken them.

Maybe I'm missing something, but she didn't excite me too much. Better than Marie? Am I just missing a skill here that's not standing out to me?

Minfilia is basically a F2P equivalent to Marie. Overall, Marie is a better unit but Minfilia has strengths that Marie doesn't. She covers Light and Dark resists that Marie cannot and has Single Target buffs that are 100%. She also can prevent all status ailments from being dealt to your party, something Marie can only do in a limited fashion until her enhancements.

If you're in a fight with multiple elements in play, Marie is better but if it's a fight with only 1 element or Light/Dark, Minfilia does the same job or better.

Minfilia is basically a F2P equivalent to Marie. Overall, Marie is a better unit but Minfilia has strengths that Marie doesn't. She covers Light and Dark resists that Marie cannot and has Single Target buffs that are 100%. She also can prevent all status ailments from being dealt to your party, something Marie can only do in a limited fashion until her enhancements.

If you're in a fight with multiple elements in play, Marie is better but if it's a fight with only 1 element or Light/Dark, Minfilia does the same job or better.

Excellent. I'm glad I have both, then. Hopefully I can hit the raid enough to get the awakening mats needed for Minifilia. I will really only be able to run the raid in the second week, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The game is fairly brutal (towards energy consumption in regard to a player's max energy pool) at the lower levels, but opens up considerably once you get 30 or 40 ranks under your belt.

Story mode is best for ranking up in general (although you can get a burst of bonus rank xp per hour right now by clearing any difficulty in the Ifrit raid event; even BGN).

Generally speaking, the farther in the story you are, the better the rank xp/energy you earn.

Where are you in the story?
Thanks for the heads up. The farthest part I got in the story was a place called Lanzelt ruins, but that was with my old team who I mostly benched in favor of better units. So I have been going back to earlier areas and doing everything over with the new team to do those special objectives for lapis and just to level those guys up.

Most of my guys currently are level 15-20ish except for my leader who I fed a bunch of crap he is like 60 something. Still such a long way to go til 40 at this rate.

evangd007

if pro gives 5000 pts at max level the. you need 20 kills a day at that rate

pro users may want to consider using refills right when ifrit hits max server bonus

Maybe I should look into doing ELT. I was able to do a significant amount of damage even while failing, so it might be worthwhile. Will have to tweak my team. Tried using Cerius but I don't think I can spare the space. I'll need 2 slots for Luka and Refia to heal, rez, and cure paralysis, one for Rain to break, and one for Cecil to tank. I would have Rain tank if I could, but I think I lack the hp boosting TMRs that Valentus had to push him to 7k which looked to be required.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Oh I just thought of another dumb question. Is it worth it to buy a pack of those keys so I can open all the chests up in the world? I have gotten some low level recipes and stuff from them. Do they eventually get worthwhile?

Maybe I should look into doing ELT. I was able to do a significant amount of damage even while failing, so it might be worthwhile. Will have to tweak my team. Tried using Cerius but I don't think I can spare the space. I'll need 2 slots for Luka and Refia to heal, rez, and cure paralysis, one for Rain to break, and one for Cecil to tank. I would have Rain tank if I could, but I think I lack the hp boosting TMRs that Valentus had to push him to 7k which looked to be required.

I tried defensive and just couldn't do enough damage with this strategy to make it worthwhile. My Offensive glass cannon strategy worked pretty well with Olive or Yun friend + Noct, but I don't know if it's more effective at this point.

Oh I just thought of another dumb question. Is it worth it to buy a pack of those keys so I can open all the chests up in the world? I have gotten some low level recipes and stuff from them. Do they eventually get worthwhile?

ohmygodno.

I have more keys than I know what to do with.

RedZaraki

Banned
Got Y'shtola on my second Raid multi pull.

Huh.

Also......I caved and spent most of my Lapis on Player's Choice. Sorry fam :( Sorry Orlandu :( I might buy Lapis later.

Highlights:
15 11 pulls (yeah......)

Got:
- Ramza
- Delita
- Gilgamesh
- 2nd Olive
- Ace

A crap ton of moogles.

Syntsui

Huh.

Also......I caved and spent most of my Lapis on Player's Choice. Sorry fam :( Sorry Orlandu :( I might buy Lapis later.

Highlights:
15 11 pulls (yeah......)

Got:
- Ramza
- Delita
- Gilgamesh
- 2nd Olive
- Ace

A crap ton of moogles.
Congratulations on the Ramza and Gilgamesh!

Huh.

Highlights:
15 11 pulls (yeah......)

Got:
- Ramza
- Delita
- Gilgamesh
- 2nd Olive
- Ace

A crap ton of moogles.

Daaamn. Well that's a lot of useful stuff. Grats

Is there anything we can say that would convince you to stop? We don't want to lose you.

Nah I still have 100k left. Haven't decided if I'm gonna just say fuck it and use it or stop. I mean on one hand after going through all my moogles I got an extra like 20 TM's so that's nice lol.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So I got given 10 lottery tickets for my birthday...because I didn't get any rainbows in 7 10+1 pulls and 15 tickets, maybe my good luck is just around the corner now? :p

And then with those winnings buy more Lapis. 🙃

Happy birthday!

Alkez

Right now, only ELT is breaking 10k points per run on a clear. At 10k points per run, that's 1200 runs for 1.2 million. Obviously, that's not practical.

Isn't it 120 runs?

Nah I still have 100k left. Haven't decided if I'm gonna just say fuck it and use it or stop. I mean on one hand after going through all my moogles I got an extra like 20 TM's so that's nice lol.

All I will say is Eileen and Orlandu are just round the corner...potentially lol.

Lyrian

Thanks for the heads up. The farthest part I got in the story was a place called Lanzelt ruins, but that was with my old team who I mostly benched in favor of better units. So I have been going back to earlier areas and doing everything over with the new team to do those special objectives for lapis and just to level those guys up.

Most of my guys currently are level 15-20ish except for my leader who I fed a bunch of crap he is like 60 something. Still such a long way to go til 40 at this rate.

You're really early in the story still. Lanzelt Ruins are the end of the 2nd area of the game. There are 6 full areas at the moment (Grandshelt, Lanzelt, Kolobos, Dirnado, Olderion, Dirnado) in story mode. You'll need to get to at least Dirnado to get the best rank xp farming mission at a minimum. So, right now, the best you can do is push farther into the story to get to the content with better payouts.

On keys: most will say no to that at this point in the game. There are only a few silver chests that are really worth it anymore (most that are worth it are farther in the story). Even then, key crafting components can be obtained from the Mog King events when they show up every three weeks.

Lyrian

Isn't it 120 runs?

Lol, yup. That's what I get for trying to math off the top of my head.

ELT is still evading me. There's just too much that has to go perfectly right to not wipe and anything can go wrong at a moment's notice and that's the end of the run.

Alkez

Lol, yup. That's what I get for trying to math off the top of my head.

ELT is still evading me. There's just too much that has to go perfectly right to not wipe and anything can go wrong at a moment's notice and that's the end of the run.

Not going to lie, I had to bring up the calculator on my phone lol. My mental math has gone down the drain since I got my degree.

The rest of your analysis was interesting btw. I didn't actually understand the mechanics until I read that. I think you're right about the 200% bonus for pro users. I'm just trying to get Y'Shtola but even if we hit 200% by the end of tomorrow it would still take 13 and a bit runs a day, assuming we can maintain it, and not factoring in any global speed bumps.

Lyrian

/sigh

Yet another quick wipe. Three maxed out healers don't mean a damn thing when everyone insta-dies the turn directly after anytime MAG break gets resisted even once.

Thinking about abandoning ELT and downgrading to PRO. Not really sure what else to do at this point. I'm not even sure swapping out for a second full breaker and having two people do nothing but full break every turn would even make a difference.

Ifrit hit level 11. Timer remained the same, but his HP didn't go up linearly this time. Ruh roh....

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
underrated pleasure: merging those units with decent-not-great TMs that you'll never actually have time to farm and clearing up like 25 unit slots.

/sigh

Yet another quick wipe. Three maxed out healers don't mean a damn thing when everyone insta-dies the turn directly after anytime MAG break gets resisted even once.

Thinking about abandoning ELT and downgrading to PRO. Not really sure what else to do at this point. I'm not even sure swapping out for a second full breaker and having two people do nothing but full break every turn would even make a difference.

Ifrit hit level 11. Timer remained the same, but his HP didn't go up linearly this time. Ruh roh....

what team and setup are you running

this damn elt event is all about min maxxing man

gotta stack as much fire res across your units as possible keep up atk/mag breaks and keep buffs up pretty much the entire fight

stacking hp and evasion doesnt hurt either

LiQuid!

You're really early in the story still. Lanzelt Ruins are the end of the 2nd area of the game. There are 6 full areas at the moment (Grandshelt, Lanzelt, Kolobos, Dirnado, Olderion, Dirnado) in story mode. You'll need to get to at least Dirnado to get the best rank xp farming mission at a minimum. So, right now, the best you can do is push farther into the story to get to the content with better payouts.

On keys: most will say no to that at this point in the game. There are only a few silver chests that are really worth it anymore (most that are worth it are farther in the story). Even then, key crafting components can be obtained from the Mog King events when they show up every three weeks.

Alright thanks. I'll keep pushing on as long as my friends can carry me.

I tried defensive and just couldn't do enough damage with this strategy to make it worthwhile. My Offensive glass cannon strategy worked pretty well with Olive or Yun friend + Noct, but I don't know if it's more effective at this point.

ohmygodno.

I have more keys than I know what to do with.

Shit I just bought some keys today with lupis.

Wazzy

Banned
I just did my 11 pull on PC and I pulled Lightning. xD

I wanted Noctis more but I'm happy since Lightning is pretty good. I might try again later for one more pull at Noctis but it looks like I won't get him.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
can anyone confirm that additional FFXIV units do not actually bump up the % take on Ifrit?

/still haven't bothered with ELT but maybe will?

Azuran

Banned
I wish there was a data log in this game because sometimes this doesn't make sense. I'm able to survive the first turn without much trouble, yet I always get destroyed on the third one for some reason with the same buffs on me and debuffs on Ifrit.

I may have to give Refia even more HP because once she goes down, it's literally over.

Lyrian

what team and setup are you running

gotta stack as much fire res across your units as possible keep up atk/mag breaks and keep buffs up pretty much the entire fight

Umm.... that's what I just said?

Fire resist = no problem.
Buffs = sure.

The moment ANYWHERE in the fight where either ATK/MAG break gets resisted, the run is over, PERIOD.

Sure, you can get 100% or more resist on physical units, but there are no equivalents for healers in the game. As Ifrit's attacks are mostly AoE and he gets 6 attacks (or so) per round. The turn that either Focus is down or MAG break gets resisted, all the healers instantly faceplant. And that's there is to it. Sometimes I get Ifrit to under half (once I even got him to 20% before everything went south), sometimes I get rekt on Turn 1. All that matters is when that first resist happens that kills every run.

I've looked at a billion and a half "guides" today and I've tried emulating every strategy there. Nothing seems to work.

Ramza. Okay for real done now. 110k lapis spent. 4 rainbows one on banner and of course the one I didn't want. Will blow everything else for Orlandu and see what happens.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm going for ELT here in a bit. My team, I think:

Noctis
CoD
Ling
Refia
Cecil

edit -- Lyrian -- are you using embolden? Reddit is suggesting that it might be causing Plume to hit for 9999s AOE.

Xion86

Decided I'm not done. Used all the extra lapis I got from Amazon screw up 2 more Rainbows. Delita and DKC. I may actually uninstall lol

Dude I told you to stop :p. I did 7 10+1 pulls today and it's actually put me off doing any more (well, maybe I will again when Cloud comes in...but not many). The rates have gone horrible in the game now.

And then with those winnings buy more Lapis. 🙃

Happy birthday!

Thank you :)

I'm going for ELT here in a bit. My team, I think:

Noctis
CoD
Ling
Refia
Cecil

edit -- Lyrian -- are you using embolden? Reddit is suggesting that it might be causing Plume to hit for 9999s AOE.

By the way, did you manage to do Gilgamesh in the end?

I used Embolden by the way and didn't get any 9999 hits...yet :/

Yeah man sorry

I get around the breaking issue by redundantly breaking with at least 20 units

So My team

Cecil - 100% Fire Res (Flame Mail and Shield). His Job is to Provoke, Focus, Help heal. I use his LB whenever it triggers though Im pondering throwing Black Belt back on him to get it faster.

Refia - DC Heal, Embolden, Backup Barfira. Has 50% fire resist with the second Shield

Noctis - Breaker/DPS. Has 50% fire res (Ifrit Esper) and Alternates between Thunder Flask and Warp Break as needed to maintain both breaks.

Ling - 65% Fire res. 40 Natural, 10% ring, 5% from soul crown. Her job is MP battery, Breaker (Daunting Step) and Barfira. I have her entrust my Noctis when she has enough since I went through the trouble to get his LB to 20% which gets me a nice near the end of the battle nuke/buff

Luneth - DPS with 85% Fire Res. Has 15% ring and Flame mail and Successor Materia. He just does Cut Through every turn. Probably the only unit I could swap but he gives me some nice insurance and has natural dual weild, Paralyze immunity, and can equip flame mail without extra materia.

Friend - I use any Yun, Noctis, or Olive with Ifrit and jeweled ring do DPS.

Making all your units immune to paralysis is very important

I realize my team is well built for ELT after many failures but maybe the details of how my team gets consistent success could open the door for the rest of you

If you want more details than what I provided ask away.... Sorry to all of Exvius GAF for all around rough luck on both this raid and your pulls

Celegus

Friend - I use any Yun, Noctis, or Olive with Ifrit and jeweled ring do DPS.

I don't have my own, but checked her stats and Olive also has innate paralyze resist, so you don't need to check for jeweled ring on her (and if someone has it on her, take it off!)

The biggest issue I'm having for ELT is not having the right friend unit available since TM macro is chewing through them all. Yun is my favorite buddy since he chains perfectly with my own, each set of raging birds takes around 25% of Ifrit's health off. Or well, it did earlier on level 8-9, not sure how level 11 will be lol

Does he seem to be doing more damage than earlier to anyone else? I thought just his HP was supposed to go up? Had a couple of close calls where I felt quite safe earlier on, going from full health to almost dead. Ling's aoe revive has been a lifesaver.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
By the way, did you manage to do Gilgamesh in the end?

pouting-face.png

bryt

Did ELT get nerfed? I'm not even coming close to dying anymore even though I'm doing the same thing. I did notice I'm no longer getting hit for 8k+ damage AOE.

Celegus

Did ELT get nerfed? I'm not even coming close to dying anymore even though I'm doing the same thing. I did notice I'm no longer getting hit for 8k+ damage AOE.

Haha I was having the opposite problem. Haven't tried in a couple hours, maybe they changed something? I'll give it another go.

Syntsui

People thinking he is getting easier is because they triggered the MAG/ATK debuffs. People thinking he got harder is because they didn't trigger the MAG/ATK debuffs.

Xion86

Oh...umm..*hides*

so who all had been able to take down ELT reliably in here?

Just me Val and Zera?

Won 3 times in a row now after I understood what to do. Nailed it, just repeating the same thing now. All your Yuns rock by the way GAF, and Noctis' too.

Using Cecil, Ling, Noctis, Cloud of Darkness and Refia.

Last two times I realised I was using my non potted low LB Cecil. Just brought in my buffed up and maxed LB Cecil and big difference :p.

I put a Black Cowl on my Yun, so he has 105% Fire Resist and paralyze immunity, along with 3 sources of Beast Killer (innate, esper, weapon). He ought to be serviceable.

I'm home from work, so I'm gonna try tackling Ifrit now so I can join the ELT club.

Sorry for the shitty pulls. I hope it turns around. I'm not even pulling on this banner... I'll cheer from the sidelines when one of you gets an awesome multi-pull.

People thinking he is getting easier is because they triggered the MAG/ATK debuffs. People thinking he got harder is because they didn't trigger the MAG/ATK debuffs.

ive been able to stick the mag/atk debuffs reliably with Noctis

heck i dont even break MAG the first turn

Just have friend noctis rotate thunder flask and warp breaks guys

Kouriozan

Does he seem to be doing more damage than earlier to anyone else? I thought just his HP was supposed to go up? Had a couple of close calls where I felt quite safe earlier on, going from full health to almost dead. Ling's aoe revive has been a lifesaver.

Smell like RNG shenanigans.

If I can't do ELT with this tomorrow

96IX5GEl.png

I'm giving up, I even made tons of muscle belt. I'm so regretting not getting Ling as she's like THE character to have since GUMI didn't bother balancing this event for all the units/stuffs we are missing, or there is a serious bug about Ifrit's code.

Lyrian

Yeah man sorry

I get around the breaking issue by redundantly breaking with at least 20 units

So My team

If you want more details than what I provided ask away.... Sorry to all of Exvius GAF for all around rough luck on both this raid and your pulls

That was my original team, except that I was using Elza because of not having Noctis. But, you are trying to throw every possible break in the book and hoping something sticks.

Will try that team again.

As of 30 minutes ago, Ifrit wasn't nerfed. Don't know about now.

Syntsui

I still couldn't beat him, the latest try with the holy chain with 2x Gregs + 1x Noctis was also a failure. I'll have to actually build a defensive team to face this one, unfortunately.

Lack of Luka and Ling is also a pain in the ass to deal with.

Celegus

Nah something absolutely changed. Did ELT again and it was a cakewalk like earlier. There were a couple runs where he absolutely nuked everyone even though he was broken and all buffs were up. Whatever, as long as it stays like this, I'm happy. No danger of dying whatsoever.

Visceir

I wish there was a data log in this game because sometimes this doesn't make sense. I'm able to survive the first turn without much trouble, yet I always get destroyed on the third one for some reason with the same buffs on me and debuffs on Ifrit.

I may have to give Refia even more HP because once she goes down, it's literally over.

Did you clear the fire debuff? That'll probably be the major difference in 1st and 3rd turn.

Pesmerk here! I've been afraid to tackle Gilgamesh but I'm ready now, but none of my hyper powered friends are built for it. Oh whell.

Going to try this:

Refia: DC
Firion: Wind, Light, + Water Blade
Ling: Nothing
Cecil: Nothing
Rain: Fire, Earth, Lightning

Friend: Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom