• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Well, minfilia is awesome as fuck

Fuck Marie and ling, the true Queen of the Event is here
Minfilia

smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes.png

Celegus

I keep getting fucking Thancred. The last JP raid I had no issues getting every freaking unit right off the bat. These rates are.just awful all around.
We've got two weeks, we're only on day 2!
I messed up my rank xp management so I did a bunch of suicide ELT runs to burn orbs before ranking up. Best I got to was around 50%. Cerius and Rain are way too squishy.

I meant to do that this morning but got him a little lower than I thought it would and then he got countered to death as I was trying to die and I threw away 4 orbs. Oh well!

tuffymon

Sheesh, people and that luck on pulling >.>; I'm up to 14 Thancreds and 80% with the trusts for him...

Rixa, I'm jealous, I'm working towards that... but I'll only have 95% ><;

EDarkness

+70% aoe resistance of each element
+40% aoe atk/mag
+40% aoe def/spr
+100% to a single unit of any of the 4 stats of your choice

Interesting. What's the best way to gear her? Is she a mage? A healer? I have no idea what kind of gear or materia to give her so she's basically using some kind of knife and no accessories and materia.

Shouta

It's a long event, you will eventually pull Y'shtola.

For reference, I got 5 of Thancreds TMs before the XIV raid ended in JP, lol

tuffymon

Oh, I plan to keep going at it, at x50 pulls at a time... just crazy I haven't even pulled the 4 star once yet... I almost have the points to get her naturally...

@95% was evasion, not Than's Tm.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Got two Thrad's TM already. These will basically replace the 10%ATK ones I have 8 of for the B team.

Also around rank 2000 currently. Around 400k points total, was planning for 8 days, but I'll finish sooner. Doesn't seem like a lot are capable of doing elite regularly, because I've missed a few times already

Item wise, I'm just getting the armor and weapon. Accessories aren't worth it since I already have 5 Ruler rings and enough to make another two of any ring.

Definitely will be running Dunes next week to level Millia and Yoshi. Topping off Xaio, so at 17 units maxed at 6*, another two with Dunes bringing me up to 19.

Ranking up has been pretty nice too. Get about 3000 a day from TM farming, plus another 6000 for the raid. Hit 95, should hopefully hit 97 or 98 when I'm through. 9 hour energy recharge.... drools.

Yea y'all are right I got impatient out of frustration! Slipped my mind it is 2 weeks long as well.

I'm still salty about not pulling Noctis, and no way to level my girl DFina

Visceir

Interesting. What's the best way to gear her? Is she a mage? A healer? I have no idea what kind of gear or materia to give her so she's basically using some kind of knife and no accessories and materia.

HP/MP and SPR/DEF. All she'll be doing is buffing and triggering her counter heal.

Her raid armor/sword are perfect for her.

Rixa

Sheesh, people and that luck on pulling >.>; I'm up to 14 Thancreds and 80% with the trusts for him...

Rixa, I'm jealous, I'm working towards that... but I'll only have 95% ><;

Yeah. Too bad I don't have Ling :D. But I have in the line 2 Ring of Lucii, 2x 20SDie, and working at the moment 3 Shines... Elt is making my last hair turn to gray, going to do PRO mostly.

Azuran

Banned
I HAVE DONE IT AT LAST

D7VUdnLl.jpg

Elza was the difference maker in this battle. Ravaging Blow is too good and makes the battle significantly shorter and Dark Favor before Ifrit goes nuts is great because there's no need to spend MP raising her and healing her.

I don't even care if she gets paralyzed as long as those two things are up. If she gets a chance to attack, even better!

Syntsui

Yeah. Too bad I don't have Ling :D. But I have in the line 2 Ring of Lucii, 2x 20SDie, and working at the moment 3 Shines... Elt is making my last hair turn to gray, going to do PRO mostly.

Dude we have exactly the same tools, there's got to be something wrong with the way you are using them.

1st turn: CoD uses barfira, Refia Embolden, Cecil Focus, Any breaker uses full break, Noctis uses Warp Strike chained with the Friend's unit attack

2nd turn onward: CoD uses return every turn someone gets paralysed, the breaker keeps breaking, Cecil uses provoke or heal when necessary, Refia with carbuncle keeps healing and using barfira when necessary. If you run low on MP Noctis can Cover.

If you use Rain you can even buff everyone with Leadership, although he will die eventually and you will have to be prepared to arise him and keep the team in shape.

This fight is not supposed to take more than 5 minutes for your team.

Rixa

Dude we have exactly the same tools, there's got to be something wrong with the way you are using them.

1st turn: CoD uses barfira, Refia Embolden, Cecil Focus, Any breaker uses full break, Noctis uses Warp Strike chained with the Friend's unit attack

After first turn Barfira, Focus, Embolden and 2 Warp breaks chained with Raging Bird.

Screenshot_20170318-232100.png

Granted, Iam not using Carbuncle since its not maxed yet. Using Ramuh. But it doesn't matter when both Nocs kick the bucked.

Zalasta

After the first two golds, decided to try my luck and spend some of the 120 tickets I saved up. No rainbow in 50 pulls, a little disappointed but that's just how the odds are. At least I got a bunch of Zidanes finally. What did annoy me is getting TM moogles for 5 stars I will never pull.

Syntsui

After first turn Barfira, Focus, Embolden and 2 Warp breaks chained with Raging Bird.

Granted, Iam not using Carbuncle since its not maxed yet. Using Ramuh. But it doesn't matter when both Nocs kick the bucked.
WTF, is he with Ifrit? My Noctis has similar HP and he never dies.

Later tonight I'll post all my equipments so you can try to mimic it. But I can already say you should bench one of the Noctis and use Rain or WoL to use Full Break every turn, if possible with DW.

NomarTyme

No reason to have more than one, you can safely fuse her.
True. I do have a surplus of healers. Except for Tiltith.
Y'shtola does have a baller LB so you could be doing LB spam with one while the other takes care of healing. Likewise in this very event people seem to be using multiple healers.

Interesting. I just might save two then. I should be getting a third one in a few days.

NomarTyme

I would bring a full breaker or you should have used Thunder flask for mag break. Warp break only breaks down Def/Attack. I would also take out COD for somebody that can boost SPR and def. Cecil should always have provoke on.

After the first two golds, decided to try my luck and spend some of the 120 tickets I saved up. No rainbow in 50 pulls, a little disappointed but that's just how the odds are. At least I got a bunch of Zidanes finally. What did annoy me is getting TM moogles for 5 stars I will never pull.
Man some of you guys went all out on this Banner. Then again this is a great banner to pull.

GAF. I have a confession. I spent $500 on this banner and this is a pic of my final pull.

17308737_10155921036818989_7513047647061191494_n.jpg

Other rainbows I acquired in my madness,
Queen
Delita
Marie
Olive (my 2nd)
And finally Gilgamesh.

I also now have 5 or 6 of each Excalibur and Dual Weild along with loads of TMs.

This was not worth it but I went crazy for Noctis and still don't have him. I just didn't give a fuck anymore and pulled and spent and pulled and spent. So what ever, learn from me. Don't chase one unit ever. It just won't happen.

Syntsui

GAF. I have a confession. I spent $500 on this banner and this is a pic of my final pull.

Queen
Delita
Marie
Olive (my 2nd)
And finally Gilgamesh.

I also now have 5 or 6 of each Excalibur and Dual Weild along with loads of TMs.

This was not worth it but I went crazy for Noctis and still don't have him. I just didn't give a fuck anymore and pulled and spent and pulled and spent. So what ever, learn from me. Don't chase one unit ever. It just won't happen.
I spent two times what you spent to get Noctis on his other banner, the thing is, I only got one Rainbow in the process which was a dupe Gilgamesh.

Never chase rainbows, yeah.

Rixa

WTF, is he with Ifrit? My Noctis has similar HP and he never dies.

Later tonight I'll post all my equipments so you can try to mimic it. But I can already say you should bench one of the Noctis and use Rain or WoL to use Full Break every turn, if possible with DW.

Yup with Ifrit, 2nd Noc is with Odin.
Only mistake I had there is that I forgot to swap Jeweled ring from Cecil to CoD :p
I have 2 Flame Shield's CoD & Cecil and Cecil has Flame Mail too.

I have Rain 6* at 100lvl and WoL 5* at 80, both are 0 potted tho.

I spent two times what you spent to get Noctis on his other banner, the thing is, I only got one Rainbow in the process which was a dupe Gilgamesh.

Never chase rainbows, yeah.

It makes me feel at ease hearing this, although I'm sorry for what happened to you too. I think it just helps to know I'm not alone.

Azuran

Banned

Queen
Delita
Marie
Olive (my 2nd)
And finally Gilgamesh.

You got five rainbow including Gilgamesh, another Olive and Marie. For $500, that's not so bad. Better than not getting anything at all like other unfortunate people.

Queen
Delita
Marie
Olive (my 2nd)
And finally Gilgamesh.

Definitely empathize with you. I did a similar thing during the Amazon promo in Feb. Ended up with a lot less lapis then I wanted for this banner and didn't manage to get Noctis. I learned my lesson as well; thought I'd get lucky.

Thing is, it looks like we both got some great units anyway. Greg is awesome. Dark Fina is awesome.

You got five rainbow including Gilgamesh, another Olive and Marie. For $500, that's not so bad. Better than not getting anything at all like other unfortunate people.

Yes, from what I understand Marie is a really fantastic unit that will make many things much easier in the future. And well, now I feel what it is to whale. It's an odd feeling.

Definitely empathize with you. I did a similar thing during the Amazon promo in Feb. Ended up with a lot less lapis then I wanted for this banner and didn't manage to get Noctis. I learned my lesson as well; thought I'd get lucky.

Thing is, it looks like we both got some great units anyway. Greg is awesome. Dark Fina is awesome.

Yeah man. You're right , these units make a really amazing crew. Just wish Noctis were a part of it :p

Kouriozan

I'm only at 113k pts, I will definitely have to refresh :/
Meanwhile I'm TM farming equip H.Shield (86%) and hoping for a Cactuar Dune to level Luka so I can do a bit of ELT
knowing my luck I'll still get wiped

Queen
Delita
Marie
Olive (my 2nd)
And finally Gilgamesh.

Sorry man. You and I basically had the same thing happen except I got my 3rd Noctis that you wanted and you got the Greg I wanted.

Kouriozan

Holy shit I did it, Refia even died first turn but whatever, but look at that final turn LMAO

nTULya8l.png

It was all or nothing!

tBi22FVl.png
IJK5KcTl.png

\°o°/ Joy! \°o°/
I did this on MEmu hence the 0 Lapis.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just cashed in a bunch of arena tickets and now I have dozens of stat pots I need to use. Is there a best way to use these? Should I just dump them all on my best character, or should I split them up by who needs them the most?

Azuran

Banned
PSA: Don't forget you can always escape if everything goes bad during an ELT run. You still get the "win" along with rank exp, points, and coins.

If you can bring Ifrit down to half, then you're probably better off doing ELT even if you don't defeat him. Cecil never dies anyways so it's kinda hard to get OHKO.

Rixa

From fucker opponent it went to manageable. Atleast with @Hippo's Yun. Not sure with other friend units.

Screenshot_20170319-004302.png

What a difference one WoL makes. This was actually my first time when I used it :p.

Azuran

Banned
From fucker opponent it went to manageable. Atleast with @Hippo's Yun. Not sure with other friend units.

Screenshot_20170319-004302.png

What a difference one WoL makes. This was actually my first time when I used it :p.

What set are you running on your WoL and CoD?

Kouriozan

I did it again, on my iPad this time (notice how Ifrit is somehow bigger there), and once again. Refia died last turn, what the hell girl!

f4KUsiCl.jpg

Yun, I love you (and people sharing him!)
I'm swapping my only jeweled ring on CoD while I do it but put it back on Noctis just after.

there is definitely some RNG elements going on in this fight

either some hidden rage mechanic or critical modifier or something

he can just randomly go ape shit and do insane damage sometimes even with all breaks and buffs applied

no idea what triggers it but i lose about 1 out of every 5 runs because of it

not a big deal since i usually have a good chunk of damage done on those runs but yeah

definitely seen some weird shit go down in the middle of a highly controlled situation so sorry i didnt believe some of you guys before

Kouriozan

Need Minfillia soon, since I can't get her in the raid banner, but I'm having too much of her TM moogle.
EDIT : I think if I manage to do one or two more ELT I should have enought pts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom