• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

across

Except take up space and drag everything out. More crap that's thrown in to keep folks from getting the good stuff. There was no need to add them into the game except to pad out "rewards" with more crap.

I mean, this is kind of what I'm getting at - what rewards are there? The units, the materials for their gear (which requires you to get the recipes from gaining points in the raid) and their awakening materials. If you removed the Trust Moogles you'd just be complaining about the materials, I guess?

Would it really be that much better if there were only the FF14 units in the gacha and every summon was just 15 Thancreds? I don't really understand.

Also, if you're just really tight on unit/material slots then I kind of sympathize, but, er, these units' TMs are no great shakes, honestly - Thancred's is arguably the best of the bunch and that's a low bar. I'd say Minfilia comes second and Y'shtola's is actually the worst - healers aren't hurting for SPR and I'd generally rather have HP than DEF.

Wow Ifrit resisted attack break 4 times and ended up killing me, smh.

Oh my God he's resisting them again, who designed this shit

2nd edit: ok Gumi what did you do, Ifrit had never been consistently resisting attack break like this, 4 in a row it wouldn't​ stick when there's 3 chances in one turn between Rain and Noctis. why has rngesus forsaken me?

Malakhov

Banned
Paying for the fact that I've been slacking in leveling some of my units in this event. Sure wish I had leveled Marie and especially Ling right now.

Here's hoping for the dunes next weekend so I can level Marie, Ling and Luka. I think I'll even do some lapis refresh for it...

And just looked at Minfilia's abilities, pretty damn nice for a free unit. Her and Marie will be great to have on the bench to call when needed.

Xion86

Congrats Rixa! :)

Well, all dailies done, used up all the ELT Raid orbs, NRG bar full again so will probably just leave the game TM farming until the orbs all come back. Oh, Daily was Fran.

Valentus

Paying for the fact that I've been slacking in leveling some of my units in this event. Sure wish I had leveled Marie and especially Ling right now.

Here's hoping for the dunes next weekend so I can level Marie, Ling and Luka. I think I'll even do some lapis refresh for it...

And just looked at Minfilia's abilities, pretty damn nice for a free unit. Her and Marie will be great to have on the bench to call when needed.

It can be done with Cerius too perfectly (but, if you dont have Marie maxed, i really doubt you have cerius maxed xD)

Also, Minfilia can do the job better than Marie.

Turn 1: +70% fire res to party
Turn 2: +100% ATK to your nuker

I would prioritize leveling Minfilia over Marie (my next video and my next 300 raid summons XD will have Minfilia in action)

Malakhov

Banned
It can be done with Cerius too perfectly (but, if you dont have Marie maxed, i really doubt you have cerius maxed xD)

Also, Minfilia can do the job better than Marie.

Turn 1: +70% fire res to party
Turn 2: +100% ATK to your nuker

I would prioritize leveling Minfilia over Marie (my next video and my next 300 raid summons XD will have Minfilia in action)
Dead on, Cerius isnt leveled up yet either ;)
Keep them videos coming, always entertaining!

Niahak

Lightning on my daily. Was trying for Cecil. Wish I could give her away since she's not useful to me right now.
Cleared out 5 slots. 737,150,495. Noctis + Ifrit + Ribbon. Probably not beefy enough to help much with ELT, though.

Kouriozan

I still don't have Minfillia (or Y'shtola) but Thancred is now at 85% trust, woot! >.<
okay, heres a little walkthrough

It really is not THAT hard if you know how to keep the basics of ifrit in line

Watching it, doubt it'll help me since I assume I'm super optimized (read tons of "guide" too), but maybe someday the RNG will be nice to me.
Somehow I missed the second jeweled ring in the CNY so I can only do so much.

Rixa

2nd edit: ok Gumi what did you do, Ifrit had never been consistently resisting attack break like this, 4 in a row it wouldn't&#8203; stick when there's 3 chances in one turn between Rain and Noctis. why has rngesus forsaken me?

Congrats Rixa! :)

Well, all dailies done, used up all the ELT Raid orbs, NRG bar full again so will probably just leave the game TM farming until the orbs all come back. Oh, Daily was Fran.

Thanks Xion :p

On my long run I noticed Ifrit resisted shitton of times when Ling did Daunting Step. 4 times in a row was a record.

Kouriozan

I guess I need to level Luka but she's 1 at 4*, was banking on Tilith 6* but we got that raid way too early, by the time I level Luka the raid would almost be done x)

NomarTyme

I still don't have Minfillia (or Y'shtola) but Thancred is now at 85% trust, woot! >.<

Watching it, doubt it'll help me since I assume I'm super optimized (read tons of "guide" too), but maybe someday the RNG will be nice to me.
Somehow I missed the second jeweled ring in the CNY so I can only do so much.
Didn't realize you can only get two.

Visceir

I guess I need to level Luka but she's 1 at 4*, was banking on Tilith 6* but we got that raid way too early, by the time I level Luka the raid would almost be done x)

DC Curaja+Esuna would get a similar result. Luka isn't a very good unit and it'll probably be more valuable to wait and level Y'shtola instead.

Visceir

Compared to a proper DC 6* healer (and future healers). Everyone will have access to Y'shtola via the current raid event and Y'shtola is objectively the better unit.

If his Luka isn't leveled yet and it would take him a week to level it then he might as well wait for Y'shtola and level her during cactuar dunes next week.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Pulled some tickets and got a Girugamesh but I don't think I want to swap him into my team until I get farther in the game and get some more reliable ways to farm up exp.

across

Decided to do a 10+1 pull since I was feeling down. Got 3 Rosas -_-

The worst impulse. Usually makes you feel substantially more down. I did the same on this banner the other day despite posting about how bad an idea it is to pull on this banner if you only want 5* units.

At least you get Trust Moogles, I guess.

EDarkness

I mean, this is kind of what I'm getting at - what rewards are there? The units, the materials for their gear (which requires you to get the recipes from gaining points in the raid) and their awakening materials. If you removed the Trust Moogles you'd just be complaining about the materials, I guess?

Would it really be that much better if there were only the FF14 units in the gacha and every summon was just 15 Thancreds? I don't really understand.

Also, if you're just really tight on unit/material slots then I kind of sympathize, but, er, these units' TMs are no great shakes, honestly - Thancred's is arguably the best of the bunch and that's a low bar. I'd say Minfilia comes second and Y'shtola's is actually the worst - healers aren't hurting for SPR and I'd generally rather have HP than DEF.

What I would have liked is to have rewards that work for all my other characters or items that assist with survival. For example, more hi-potion, elixirs, phoenix downs. More 6* mats, metal cactuar for leveling the characters, etc. These things work for other parts of the game. Getting them ON TOP of the characters would have been better. We already have space reserved for them in our inventory and they're things we can all benefit from. What good are mats that we're gonna end up selling/throwing out anyway once this event is done and we've moved on to something else? It's just padding and not stuff that has any practical application in the game. They could have done this better, but they didn't.

Now I have to buy more material space because they're throwing a shit-ton of new mats our way that we have to make room for. I've already had to spend lapis on more material space. On top of that, once this is all over, I'm gonna have to figure out what mats were part of this event so that they can be sold off since I won't need them anymore. It really sucks and it didn't have to be this way. The main draw is getting the characters, if they want to throw in some extra fluff, then they have a lot of mats we already have and use to choose from. How about they give more sacred crystals with the FFXIV summon? Wouldn't that be better as a reward for pulling? So you didn't get the new character, but you got some more 6* mats and sacred crystals instead. I think most people would be happy with that.

2nd edit: ok Gumi what did you do, Ifrit had never been consistently resisting attack break like this, 4 in a row it wouldn't&#8203; stick when there's 3 chances in one turn between Rain and Noctis. why has rngesus forsaken me?

Who is your breaker?

I havent hardly had any resists from Ling and Noctis

Dandte

Did 5 pulls...got 2 seven, 1 Nine (a little bit late...), 1 Luka (also new) and 1 Sheera.
Did 5 raid summon pulls: Yshtola and Minfillia. Today was a good day.

evangd007

What I would have liked is to have rewards that work for all my other characters or items that assist with survival. For example, more hi-potion, elixirs, phoenix downs. More 6* mats, metal cactuar for leveling the characters, etc. These things work for other parts of the game. Getting them ON TOP of the characters would have been better. We already have space reserved for them in our inventory and they're things we can all benefit from. What good are mats that we're gonna end up selling/throwing out anyway once this event is done and we've moved on to something else? It's just padding and not stuff that has any practical application in the game. They could have done this better, but they didn't.

Now I have to buy more material space because they're throwing a shit-ton of new mats our way that we have to make room for. I've already had to spend lapis on more material space. On top of that, once this is all over, I'm gonna have to figure out what mats were part of this event so that they can be sold off since I won't need them anymore. It really sucks and it didn't have to be this way. The main draw is getting the characters, if they want to throw in some extra fluff, then they have a lot of mats we already have and use to choose from. How about they give more sacred crystals with the FFXIV summon? Wouldn't that be better as a reward for pulling? So you didn't get the new character, but you got some more 6* mats and sacred crystals instead. I think most people would be happy with that.

I think the idea is that endgame F2P players will get everything via achievement by farming PRO, endgame whales will farm ELT for rank, and the raid gacha is there mostly for the trust moogles and the mats. Ripping Minfilia or Y'shtola off of raid gacha is there to access them early, or to get them at all if you are newish and can't farm PRO.

LucaMac

Got myself an old cat lady from the raid draw. Can relax a bit and probably not going to bother much with elite. Will level Minfila and see if she can help. Currently running Noctis, Cecil, Refia, COD and Rain. Didn't even get Elite to 50%. He's resisting all breaks like an absolute shitehawk.

I did it.

With my third Black Cowl, I'm out of TM equipment to farm. My loud-ass desktop has been relegated to my closet. We did it, fam.

Everything else is gravy. At some point, I may want a Viking Axe, some MAG +30%, Melodies of Life, and another Seal of Destruction. But not for a long time.

Syntsui

I did it.

With my third Black Cowl, I'm out of TM equipment to farm. My loud-ass desktop has been relegated to my closet. We did it, fam.

Everything else is gravy. At some point, I may want a Viking Axe, some MAG +30%, Melodies of Life, and another Seal of Destruction. But not for a long time.

Got them Arsha Talismans, boy? A couple of Melodies of Life is a good idea, elemental bosses will be a bitch.

Got them Arsha Talismans, boy? A couple of Melodies of Life is a good idea, elemental bosses will be a bitch.

Don't tempt me! No Arsha's Talismans yet, and I have 5 Garnets for that eventually. This is what I've got, though:

Celestial Gloves, Genji Glove, Crimson Slayer, Sparky, Ring of the Lucii, Black Cowl x3, Brave Suit x2, Dark Bond, Excalibur x2, Mana Blade, Doublehand, Dual Wield x2, Blade Mastery x3, Sakurafubuki x2, Aegis Shield, Rainbow Robe, Minerva's Bustier, Magi Staff, Omnirod, Equip H Shield (lol), Save the Queen, Power of Creation, Quick Assault x2, Seal of Destruction x2, Power of Creation, Bracer x2, Dark Knight's Soul x2 ...

Yeah, I'm done. :/

Visceir

Y'shtola does have a baller LB so you could be doing LB spam with one while the other takes care of healing. Likewise in this very event people seem to be using multiple healers.

Alkez

Now I have to buy more material space because they're throwing a shit-ton of new mats our way that we have to make room for

I've been lucky. My material slots were at 125 and I was clearing everyday for TM farming. But then they change the stacks to 199 so I barely have to clear. However I did realise this issue was going to apply to my unit space. I had 3 slots available and foolishly did the raid summon. Thankfully/unfortunately I only got the 3* and one moogle, so I still have 1 space left. Made the decision that I'm just going to wait till the end of the event and then spend all of my coins in one go.

Does anyone know if there's a cap for how many raid coins we can hold?

I did it.

Congrats man. Glad you finally made it to the (temporary) end of TM farm. It is only a distant dream for me lol.

Rixa

Wish me luck. Going to start ELT with that unkillable Ling :D
If everything goes as it should go, this will take around 90 mins to clear...

Here it goes, let see how many fails I do :D

Visceir

Does anyone know if there's a cap for how many raid coins we can hold?

Don't think there is one. On JP I've saved my raid coins until the very last day a couple of days. It's not very fun to redeem 300k coins at once and then sort through all the units you got 'cause you're 600 units over capacity.

At least GL got the 50x pulls right away, while JP was stuck with 10x pulls for a long time.

Syntsui

Wish me luck. Going to start ELT with that unkillable Ling :D
If everything goes as it should go, this will take around 90 mins to clear...

Here it goes, let see how many fails I do :D

You have Noctis, Cod, Rain/WoL, Refia and Cecil right? If I can make short work of him with this team, I don't see how it would take 90min for you.

I keep getting fucking Thancred. The last JP raid I had no issues getting every freaking unit right off the bat. These rates are.just awful all around.

Azuran

Banned
I freaking can't anymore. Partial break resists are straight up bullshit especially when the game doesn't tell you when it happens . Having a battle being decided by the RNG is ridiculous and a waste of time in the end.

Valentus

Well, minfilia is awesome as fuck

.eJwVxlEOxBAQANC7OABmMEMvI6JWJe1q0K_N3n2z7-t9xDNOsYljrXtuSu1t5j52OVcfqRZZe69nSXebMvdLpbVSPq7yXlMhaQvkLFqwlgHIKwzIBnXgwORJExuFGjhqE8FHcNGGqOkfBxFZ1vYS3x_mSybA.5gAtngnFh4_dZmxqiF6DvNwVnlE

Fuck Marie and ling, the true Queen of the Event is here

evangd007

I messed up my rank xp management so I did a bunch of suicide ELT runs to burn orbs before ranking up. Best I got to was around 50%. Cerius and Rain are way too squishy.

Zalasta

Yesterday's pull was a Leon, today was Shine. Did two tickets afterwards, Shine again and then Chiz. Not sure what's going on but 4 golds in a row, 3 off banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom