• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

across

There's a 9% chance per run (30% * 30%) of Ifrit resisting both of the same type of break through 2 breakers on Turn 1. If that happens with an ATK break and Ifrit decides to Vulcan Blast twice on his opening turn, there goes that run.

This is why I run a DPS-light, redundancy-heavy team. Obviously the option isn't available to everyone, but I have:

Ramza (with Dual Wield) - Weapon Break hits twice, so twice the checks. This is usually sufficient on its own. If this fails...
Firion (with Power Break on Ifrit, Dual Wield) - I don't get DEF breaks up on turn one so the lost damage from not using Fin Briar isn't that big of a deal, certainly not a bigger deal than getting pasted on the first round.
Friend unit (non-Olives all have Dual Wield and some Ifrits have Power Break)
Ling (with Daunting Step) - only one check. Haven't had to rely on this yet but the option is there.

Physical damage is what kills you until the second Radiant Plume (and arguably after). If you have 50% Fire Res or more on turn 1, then with Barfira up, the first Radiant Plume does a grand total of no damage, because the Fire Resist debuff is applied after the damage, not before. This is why Focus turn one isn't necessary either and you can Provoke or Barfira with Cecil instead, get Embolden up with Refia, whatever.

Slower than running double (well, triple with friend unit) DPS? Yep. But I've also never lost a run. Redundancy, redundancy, redundancy.

Azuran

Banned
Man, I finally got the handle on Ifrit. 3 straight wins now with my ragtag bunch of characters. And even if I screw up, I deal enough damage that I get enough points and coins to make it worth my while after I escape.

Rain: Undermine when he's not paralyzed, which is 70% of the time. At least he never dies because he has plenty of fire resist and HP. Amazing really.
Ling: Daunting Step every two turns before Radiant Plume. Feint Step on turns 4, 7, 10 just to speed things up or Invigorating Dance/ Chakra if I'm running low on MP.
Refia: Healing, Embolden (if Cecil's TM is not up), and Barfira when possible. If I have enough HP, I also Esuna Rain so he can get an Undermine in before he gets paralyzed again.
Cecil: Barfira, Focus, Provoke, Curaja, Sacred Guard, or Golem. Whatever he needs to do he will do it.
Firion: Nothing but attack. Sometimes I use Elixirs or ethers on Refia if she's running low on MP and Ling is too busy to mana regen. Might as well put them to use since there just going to be sitting there otherwise.
Noctis: Warp Break or Thunder Flask. Also, Point Warp before Radiant Plume if he's starting to low run on MP.

I love this event. It's fun trying out new strategies with new units. Hopefully we get WoL 6* this week so I can slot him on this. Please Gumi!

Syntsui

513,888 points
Around position 2500

It will be hard to get the 4 tickets without refills, but maybe those people give up on the event when they maximize the points.

jnWake

.eJwVzEsOhSAMAMC7cABKScXPbQgSJBFLaF0Z7_5821nMY-5xms0cql02gL1K4rFbUR6xZFuYy5ljr2ITN4iqMR0tXyrggyMME3lCohkxLOBXP384ITlaXPgcavs3_Srm_QG8XyG3.eKRMwlmmsUMvgdCxZGeba8GKU8Q

Result of one of many 50 pulls. Y'shtola becomes my 3rd base 5*!

tuffymon

I think a few pages ago, someone said the ifrit/siren trial had a lot of darkness used in the battle... does that mean Minfilia will probably be a unit taken into that battle?

Rixa

Hopefully we get a Unit review on these new units.

Thancred = Grab TM, nothing else good.

Minfilia = If you don't have Marie, this is _very_ good support unit (Iam maxing mine)

Y'shtola = Very good healer, has innate Dual Cast. If you don't have Refia with DC, max Y'shtola.

There review done.

leehom

Minfilia = If you don't have Marie, this is _very_ good support unit (Iam maxing mine)

Y'shtola = Very good healer, has innate Dual Cast. If you don't have Refia with DC, max Y'shtola.

There review done.

That's basically it. I hope I can get a Yshotola soon. Going to max out yshtola and millivanilli and try Efrit ELT and Gilgamesh trials again.

There review done.

Thanks Rixa.
I have the TM for Thancred.
got a bunch of Minfilia and I dont have Marie.... so will max her.
Y´shtola I have her but I also have Refia with DC.... so maybe not worth caring about Y´sthola then...

bonkeng

There review done.

ExviusWiki score:

Yshtola = 12.5

Minfilia = 11.5

Thancred = 7.5

Imo, it's spot on.

I will max Y´sthola and Minfilia!
I have Refia with DC but always good to have a Y´sthola ready incase I need some super heal team ready to go.
thanks guys.

Rixa

Crap, sorry for double post.

So. After I have done these TM singles what Iam now quite slowly doing:
- Deathbringer
- 3x Quick Assault
- Machine Killer (Edgar tm, it is around 65% already)

Iam going to finally focus for healer. I have all the units needed for these tms. Bolded TM's Iam missing. Ability slot 3 is for Dual Cast

Code:
Refia 6 Star max potted
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Golden Staff +19ATK+9MAG+48SPR
Left Hand: Force Shield +40DEF+8SPR+10%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Head: [B]Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep[/B]
Body: [B]Minerva Bustier +47DEF+45SPR+30%Fire/Ice/Lightning/Wind[/B]
Accessory 1: [B]Arsha's Talisman +20%HP+10%DEF+10%SPR[/B]
Accessory 2: [B]Arsha's Talisman +20%HP+10%DEF+10%SPR[/B]
Ability 1: Equip H Shield Can equip Heavy Shields
Ability 2: [B]Hill Digger +10%ATK+30%HP[/B]
Ability 4: Melody of Life +20% Elemental Resistance
Esper: Carbuncle HP:3200 MP:5700 ATK:1800 DEF:3200 MAG:4300 SPR:6000
Total Stats: HP: 6351 MP: 376 ATK: 216 DEF: 316 MAG: 195 SPR: 450

Notifications:
- I have 2 Black Cowl's in use and only 1 Hayate 0%
- I have 5 Celes for 1 MB
- I have 4 Ella's for 2 AT
- I have 2 Guy's for 1 HD
- Carbuncle is not finished (1* 25 or so)
- I have only 1 Force Shield (Can you buy more with SQ?). Maybe use other shield depending situation. Or grind 2nd MoL (I have 3 Garne'ts at 0%).

Man this is looking good.

Xion86

Wol is the best tank here, i would say even better than cecil.

I'm too scared to try Warrior of Light :p everything is working fine for me in ELT and don't want to break my pattern haha. I love the character though, as I remember when I first got him and how excited I was, used him until Cecil came along.

My Cecil is nearly 8k HP, and I mainly rotate Barfira, Focus and Provoke for the whole fight.

???
WoL breaks every turn.
Refia DC Curaja every turn and reapply Barfira when necessary.
Cecil Curaja/Focus every turn.
Cloud of Darkness Barfira the first turn then Return every turn.
Noctis Warp Strike every turn.

WoL and Cecil don't exclude each other, an argument can be made about him being more important than Cecil because the full break is definetly the most important skill in this challenge.

Hmmm just read this. I could try removing Lightning and replacing her with Warrior of Light. I'm just worried about Warrior of Light dying due to lower health, I'll have a play.

My ELT win doesn't take too long and I just repeat:

Cecil: Barfira/Provoke/Focus
Refia: Embolden only when everyone has full health/DC Curaga/Esuna on Lightning
Ling: Daunting Step/Invigorating Dance/Feint Step
Lightning: Imperil/Ice Blitz
Noctis: Warp Break/Thunder Flask/Cover
Friend Noctis: Warp Break/Thunder Flask/Cover

When you get both Noctis and Lightning do their attacks at once, there is quite a significant health drop. I never check the status of Ifrit so I end up using the debuffs/buffs from Cecil and Ling every round haha.

Celegus

Halfway to getting Y'Shtola from the individual rewards, I just want her to free up the 13 spaces her moogles are eating up!

H3xum

I am thinking about putting DC on Cecil and running Y's...but that leads me to my question, can I cast curaja and provoke in one move?

Xion86

About to use 30k coins...this should be interesting :p

Got a few Minifila, but no Y'shtola yet.

Here is how I'm getting on in the Raid so far:

7WF7zeol.png

(Rank 4,308)

At 667000 points right now so

Im pretty sure I will reach yshtola regardless

Man.. once you get clearing ELT down the points just flow like water

I'm at.about 305k or so. I think I should be able to get to Yshtola but we'll see I guess. Are most of you doing refreshes and/or running ELT? Im sticking with PRO

Nikokuno

227k points only running PRO, going to take a while.

Just pulled Y'shtola 😍 !!
Dual Cast is done !!

Working on Quick Assault/Crimson Slayer/Champion Belt/Bracer

So far :
MAG +30%
Dual Wield
Omnirod
Bracer
Dual Cast

Kouriozan

Completed my second Thancred TM and still no Y'shtola or Minifillia in the raid banner, starting to get too much of Y'shtola moogles though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom