• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Muku

Scratch this. And no worries Hippo. But fuck this game for not letting me scroll through my friend units available.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hmmm I'll give it a try... but I don't have much hope :)

Okay, I rerolled a few times, current roll has these at 4*: Veritas of the Earth, Orran, and Refia. Just listed the 4* that can reach 6*, assuming those are the best.

This an okay team to start with?

I mean it depends on how commited you are - but i would try to reroll for one of the Top Tier 5* Chainers in the game.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings#Chaining

Since we have the Veritas banner up now the chances of pulling him are not too horrible....i would try to get him. With him alone and a friend Orlandeu or DV you will be able to clear alot of content even with lackluster gear.

But the units you have are solid too....it just depends on how much time a person is willing to invest in rerolling. Who knows...might be months until you pull your next/first other Rainbow unit.

Muku

At the very least it should have a refresh button. Having to do a mission or restart the game to refresh is stupid.

This. This this this this. Restarting right now as I refreshed and don't want to waste that on shitty stuff right now.

This game makes me want to bash my head against the desk repeatedly. Seriously. Of course she would be right there RIGHT before I need her. Then I need her have to restart god knows how many times with no end in sight.

Edit: So while waiting on Lunera, I imagine she will mostly be casting Elven Song? And if not then Aureole Ray is to go Pewpew. Sorry, don't know anything about Lunera. Have never used her before, not even a guests.

Mipcgamer

10+1 ticket was really nice to me (this one at least). Got 2B as the only good unit but what are the chances of that happening?!

Also, my phone has the 2B Spear glitch so she is alone farming poor Engels haha.

Going to wait until the last day for a multi-pull as I have not pulled a 9S yet (Please!).

In other news, I have enough TM now to max A2...oh wait I don't have her.

My 2B is at 85% so that should be done soon. The least dropped moogle so far is, with no surprise, 9S. He's sitting at 15% so far.

robotuw

This. This this this this. Restarting right now as I refreshed and don't want to waste that on shitty stuff right now.

This game makes me want to bash my head against the desk repeatedly. Seriously. Of course she would be right there RIGHT before I need her. Then I need her have to restart god knows how many times with no end in sight.

Edit: So while waiting on Lunera, I imagine she will mostly be casting Elven Song? And if not then Aureole Ray is to go Pewpew. Sorry, don't know anything about Lunera. Have never used her before, not even a guests.

Yeah those two moves are all I ever use her for lol.

Muku

Well, I think I may have fudged up first round but going on in case I can salvage. If not I'll be trying again later I guess.

Also, does this only work on specific devices for the Aigaion fight too? Like it does with Raid.

Son of a... why for the past few months did they change it if your device goes to sleep theres a 99 percent chance it closed your app. ARRG! Was fighting but then phone call from car place to tell us our plates are in. (Also, damnit. Why'd yall get them in so early. I like abusing the crap out of the toll road with temp plates LOL)

robotuw

Well, I think I may have fudged up first round but going on in case I can salvage. If not I'll be trying again later I guess.

Also, does this only work on specific devices for the Aigaion fight too? Like it does with Raid.

Son of a... why for the past few months did they change it if your device goes to sleep theres a 99 percent chance it closed your app. ARRG! Was fighting but then phone call from car place to tell us our plates are in. (Also, damnit. Why'd yall get them in so early. I like abusing the crap out of the toll road with temp plates LOL)

You still need to do it on some old piece of junk. I actually had better success triggering the glitch on Aigaion than in the raid.

Muku

You still need to do it on some old piece of junk. I actually had better success triggering the glitch on Aigaion than in the raid.

It just confirms my iPad is a piece of junk. LOL. I've not had an issue with Aig. Might have to let husband borrow iPad then if he's to do this. Yay for my piece of junk doing something right. LOL

Edit: My god. Your Lunera makes me want a Lunera.

robotuw

She's normally a lot worse lol. I've been slowly potting her but this is the first time I've actually used her for anything. She had just over half the hp and a hundred less spr when I brought her into the trial. But now since she's a friend unit I loaded her up with all my best defensive gear.

Muku

Right now having a hell of a time trying to get 2B's Spear to take hold. I've met requirements, but not sure if it's going to do it.

Ah haha... body down.

Well then shit went down hill somehow. Ended up taking out Orlandu and Refia. Then rest didn't take long to take down. Fuck. So close. I will have to wait until Lunera is back. I think I can do it, just matter of how long it gets to stick. Ugh.

Worse part is I can't put gear back where it belongs yet. Double yuck. And that's going to take ages.

Edit: Daily Gold on Alt too. Snow. Fuck

Despite the crappy TM moogle raid coin drop rates, I can't help but keep refreshing and farming the crap out of it. I've spent over 2000 lapis repeatedly going at it and feel like a bot. If a2 ever drops I'll have her sword immediately. I have my first 9s pod now along with 2bs Katana. Maybe lapis is better spent TM farming earth shrine but I'm getting immediate gratification this way.

Xion86

For those offering to help with friend requests, here's my info:

Appreciate the help. I'm quite behind on this game, but I really want to earn all those NieR characters.

Sent you a request :)

Well, this game got me again.

My party currently is:
Noctis
Orlandeau
2B
Y'shtola
Riku

I want to try Aigion but I know he'll cream me without the exploit. I'd love to snag one of the "bugged" 2B units if anyone is sharing them to give it a shot.

My friend code is: 101, 021, 140 if anyone wants to add me. 2B HYPE!

You're full up, but if you do end up making room feel free to add me:

Rokuren

For those offering to help with friend requests, here's my info:

Appreciate the help. I'm quite behind on this game, but I really want to earn all those NieR characters.
Sent a request.

Freed up a couple of spots from month+ inactives if anyone wants to add:

Just got the black box and made the raid katana. No refreshes but i did rank up. Gave it to my second landu. Done with the raid rewards by tomorrow night/wednesday.

10+1........................................................
add2ecbfdecbd63cc8add4cdaa096d5d.png

ffs?

Alkez

Completely off topic for a moment but has anyone played Tales of the Rays? And if so how is it? I played Tales of Link back in the day but I didn't really like it.

At the very least it should have a refresh button. Having to do a mission or restart the game to refresh is stupid.

Yuuuuppp. This needs to happen. It's so annoying having to restart the app over and over again. Half the time it takes longer to find the unit then it does to win the fight you needed the unit for.

And yeah Muku that is always the way. Nowadays if I know I'll need that friend for something else I stop what I'm doing and go do that, because I know I won't see that friend unit until the next day if I don't pick him/her now lol.

Dandte

Managed to do the robo cheese on my ipad 4.
Got all 3 missions with a team of

Tidus / garnet
WoL / Tillith
Aileen/ 2B

Aileen gave garnet a hyper and tidus quick hit to give garnet his lb next turn. 2B kills Aigon. Next turn Garnet lb then 2b kills right arm. Next turn aileen summons ramuh and 2b kills the last arm.

Feels bad getting the rewards like this, but eh...will come back later when my units are better leveld.

robotuw

If anyone was curious, A2's LB does indeed stack with Zarg's berserk buff. I can get her up to 1800 atk with a lvl 20 LB. A maxed LB and BiS build might even be able to get her above 2k.

Muku

Completely off topic for a moment but has anyone played Tales of the Rays? And if so how is it? I played Tales of Link back in the day but I didn't really like it.

Yuuuuppp. This needs to happen. It's so annoying having to restart the app over and over again. Half the time it takes longer to find the unit then it does to win the fight you needed the unit for.

And yeah Muku that is always the way. Nowadays if I know I'll need that friend for something else I stop what I'm doing and go do that, because I know I won't see that friend unit until the next day if I don't pick him/her now lol.

Sad thing was I couldn't. Was having the discussion about what to do and saw her there. Then had to go change gear around. Didn't run anything between seeing her and then trying to run something. Then go to run a few minutes later. This game.. I swear.

Despite the crappy TM moogle raid coin drop rates, I can't help but keep refreshing and farming the crap out of it. I've spent over 2000 lapis repeatedly going at it and feel like a bot. If a2 ever drops I'll have her sword immediately. I have my first 9s pod now along with 2bs Katana. Maybe lapis is better spent TM farming earth shrine but I'm getting immediate gratification this way.

There's still a week and a half left in the event. Don't waste your Lapis.

Managed to do the robo cheese on my ipad 4.
Got all 3 missions with a team of

Tidus / garnet
WoL / Tillith
Aileen/ 2B

Aileen gave garnet a hyper and tidus quick hit to give garnet his lb next turn. 2B kills Aigon. Next turn Garnet lb then 2b kills right arm. Next turn aileen summons ramuh and 2b kills the last arm.

Feels bad getting the rewards like this, but eh...will come back later when my units are better leveld.

Anyone know if this works on iPad Mini 2? I think it's iOS 8.4, jailbroken, is that makes any difference.

Doubt it works with my 6S Plus.

evangd007

I burned 2 4* tickets and 20 normal tickets on the train home today. Notable pulls:
4* tickets: Setzer and Eve
tickets: 2 21O, Shine, Abel, Amelia, Eve again, and A2!

So happy to pull a second 5* chainer! Sharing her now. I removed some inactives so I have around 6 open slots: 042 446 671

I burned 2 4* tickets and 20 normal tickets on the train home today. Notable pulls:
4* tickets: Setzer and Eve
tickets: 2 21O, Shine, Abel, Amelia, Eve again, and A2!

So happy to pull a second 5* chainer! Sharing her now. I removed some inactives so I have around 6 open slots: 042 446 671
Gimme dat A2!

I'm getting desperate to pull her. Almost thinking of doing a 500 lapis pull!

What's your setup on each Landu?

My Fry has genji glove so instead of 1025 atk he's sitting at 980.

Landu 1:

Genji, Excal
Black cowl
Brave Suit
Infernal Armlet
Bracer
Large sword mastery
blade mastery
quick assault
dual wield

Landu 2:

Cruel oath/excal
black cowl
brave suit
Rulers Ring
Ifrits claw
quick assault
dual wield
blade mastery
crush helm for the def/spirit break or quick assault.

I"m running not running WOL but earth veritas instead so I need a breaks.

Haven't tried it yet but I've heard it works on IPad Mini first gen.

I hope it works on second gen. :)

Going to try it a little later.

Edit - Now even going to bother. First gen was 32-bit. 2nd gen was 64-bit.

tuffymon

I believe Reddit did the math and stated if you're making use of at least 3 different moogle types, it's more efficient farming the raid (which gives nice rank xp, some character xp, and coins worth exchanging if you dont have to pull anymore), vs farming in the earth shrine.

So, my post this weekend was slightly premature (although that's only because the travel voucher from my last business trip came in; it's definitely in effect now): the guaranteed 5* I acquired turned into 2B, meaning that ... 2B, Eve, and my two 9S were all acquired on off-banner EX tickets. :|

I'm content to randomly get Dark Veritas sometime in 2018: let that accursed banner* disappear.

Good lord, I don't need to pull again for long, long time. And I'm happy that any residual salt I had this weekend has dissipated.

Beyond excited for the Ariana event, and I hope everyone's recent luck (Muku!) holds.

Final off-banner tallies: Wilhelm, Knight Delita, Fohlen, Marie #2.

Muku

Over 15k lapis now on JP. Ready for that attack banner. Gathering Espers today too. Went back for Golem and Ifrit. Went ahead for Shiva. Going back over old places I shoulda gotten lapis from but didn't.

Advocatus: :D I wasn't even trying on this banner. Well.. I try for the Gold and end up with Rainbow. We'll see how it goes when something comes up I want. My last failure was getting Tidus. Still lack him on main and alt. :( And I burned everything for him on both.

I believe Reddit did the math and stated if you're making use of at least 3 different moogle types, it's more efficient farming the raid (which gives nice rank xp, some character xp, and coins worth exchanging if you dont have to pull anymore), vs farming in the earth shrine.

That's interesting. I stopped refreshing but I'm not letting any orbs go to waste. This event is indeed lasting a lot longer than I even realized.

tuffymon

That's interesting. I stopped refreshing but I'm not letting any orbs go to waste. This event is indeed lasting a lot longer than I even realized.

I have a feeling the bots will be back in full force next weekend again, if you were to plan on using lapis or again (depending on who), it's probably best then~

For doing the Raid or Aigaion?

And 2B doesn't need dual wield materia as she already gets dual wield.

Just the glitch thing I don't think it matters if it's raid or robot does it? If I can get it to work on my iPad 4 I'm gonna log into some friends accounts for them and kill robodick cause most of them aren't powerful enough to kill him.

Muku

Just the glitch thing I don't think it matters if it's raid or robot does it? If I can get it to work on my iPad 4 I'm gonna log into some friends accounts for them and kill robodick cause most of them aren't powerful enough to kill him.

Technically not really. It's the Spear move that triggers it. (When DWing.)

I only ask because for Aigaion you'd need someone that has the highest attack to take hits, but that's another strat I guess.

After my last failed attempt at Aigaion though I'm thinking it has to be part of a decent chain to trigger it. I was using or two folks at a time (separately healing and buffing..) but I think it has a better chance during a chain of characters going together. Something I'm going to look at after dinner when I try it again.

_woLf

2B setup for glitch is dual wield and no elemental weapon.

You use Pod Charge first, then use Spear.

GGnore.

But you don't get the martial arts mastery item. I neeeeeed it.

Top Bottom