• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Looking to return after a long, long time off. I have units that were great near release and shortly thereafter, e.g. Ex death, and a random lightning. Picked up a 9s today from free tickets in mail. Should I keep using this old account or just restart? Not sure how useful anything I have is.

And how is everyone getting a free multi pull!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looking to return after a long, long time off. I have units that were great near release and shortly thereafter, e.g. Ex death, and a random lightning. Picked up a 9s today from free tickets in mail. Should I keep using this old account or just restart? Not sure how useful anything I have is.

I think you would have to provide us with more information on your account...rank ? how many good 4 or 5* do you have ? Have you farmed TMs ? How many Event weapons have you forged that you would miss out on ?

We are getting +10+1 ticket on login day 14 this month - so if you wanna reroll and start a new account you better start soon so you can still get the ticket at the end of the month.

Since you are asking....your old acc. probably isnt too impressive. If you reroll def. try to get Dark Veritas and Earth Veritas + 9S from the Nier banner. Would be quite the setup to start. Well or at least DV and 9S.
10+1 tickets. Rainbow Roberta. Used 4* tix from raid, another rainbow Luneth. Both are useless to me, but atleast both are new.

3 rainbows in a 24hr span. From yesterday's FV dailies, and today's 4* tix and 10+1 tix. Would've been ecstatic if one of them is 2B, because she's a limited unit.

Dude everytime you post about your pulls is about casually pulling Rainbows like its nothing...lol - congrats. Really impressive xD
I pull what resources I get. Rates are garbage so chances are small. Friday we have that 12€ bundle with 4* tix on it, then the dailies. Not expecting to get 2nd.

Alright - best of luck man.
Ill probably be able to do like 3-4 more pulls in total for the second 9S. Not expecting anything though.

Niahak

Is Maria good or usefull these days, got one from the 10 plus 1 ticket

Assuming you're talking about Marie... she's the best Green magic user (so great at protecting against elements and buffing defenses) and is about to receive enhancements that make her ideal for the upcoming trial. She also has innate Dualcast, so you can give her the Cura staff or one of the espers with Cura and she'll double as a backup healer.

There is also Maria who is, uh, worth a few hundred gil.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think you would have to provide us with more information on your account...rank ? how many good 4 or 5* do you have ? Have you farmed TMs ? How many Event weapons have you forged that you would miss out on ?

We are getting +10+1 ticket on login day 14 this month - so if you wanna reroll and start a new account you better start soon so you can still get the ticket at the end of the month.

Since you are asking....your old acc. probably isnt too impressive. If you reroll def. try to get Dark Veritas and Earth Veritas.

Good 4 and 5 star being the operative word :) I have guys like exdeath, Kefka, chizuru, lightning, vaan. Good in their day. Not now I'd guess. Starting over with DV or something like that would be the plan.

Rank 30.

CGwizz

Good 4 and 5 star being the operative word :) I have guys like exdeath, Kefka, chizuru, lightning, vaan. Good in their day. Not now I'd guess. Starting over with DV or something like that would be the plan.

Rank 30.

Start over , that account is bad and is only 30.

Niahak

Rank 30.

You probably will have a much easier time if you reroll for a chainer and (ideally) 9S. Healer and tank probably optional to start out as they are mostly easier to get.

Good chainers would be Orlandu, Aileen, Dark Veritas, Freyvia.

Other nice-to-haves starting out:
-Warrior of Light or Cecil
-Refia or Luka
-Rikku

SOLDIER

So to confirm, my best bet is to just keep running the raid and wail at the boss as much as I can?

I keep getting creamed in about two hits when fighting the ADV raid boss. I have zero equipment for most of my party, and now not enough gil to raise their levels. This is still the best option for now?

Vashetti

Banned
So to confirm, my best bet is to just keep running the raid and wail at the boss as much as I can?

I keep getting creamed in about two hits when fighting the ADV raid boss. I have zero equipment for most of my party, and now not enough gil to raise their levels. This is still the best option for now?

What units do you have?

CGwizz

Get a friend unit that can melt the boss from here, i am sure someone helps you

Niahak

You could craft smoke bombs and use them to escape - I don't know if being wiped out gives you rank XP, but escaping certainly does. You could probably use beefy one-shot friend characters to wipe out the PRO boss or do ~25% to the ELT and escape to get a bunch of coins and rank XP. Summoning with the coins will get you gil turtles and cactaurs you can use to level.

If you don't have me my ID is 737,150,495. My orlandu is small fry compared to many here but he might be able to one-shot PRO if you buff him and/or break the boss.

/edit: Tested and he can, although it requires both a strong ATK buff and a strong DEF break which you may not have - in any case, doing PRO and escaping should get you both more coins and more rank XP than ADV.

Alkez

We really could use the rank up NRG change that JP has. During the raid it's difficult to manage both NRG and orbs around a rank up.

Welcome back commish. As Sasuke has said I would recommend rerolling for Dark Veritas and Earth Veritas. You can go for A2 if you prefer as she is really strong, but you'll probably need to request someone to put her as their companion to chain with when you want to do more difficult content. DV is a top tier chainer and chains with Orlandu who is a commonly shared unit. Try to pick up a 9S if possible as well.

Rixa

What is your game ID?
Tell the ID and keep friend slots open. Ill toss you friend request.

My Tidus can solo ELT.

Spam Quick hit and lb when imperil has gone from LB.

Rank 30.
Burn it, burn it with fire..
That unit selection is very poor..
You can do better with a few reroll and snag a MUCH better starting 5* ..
Or even two if you're lucky...
You WILL need some strong friend units to plough through content, but exiviusgaf can help you ez :)

On a side note..
Used my tix..
Gold..NICE! Make it be 9s............. 7th rikku...
Christ sake...

Doctor_No

Is Maria good or usefull these days, got one from the 10 plus 1 ticket

Marie is really useful once her enhancements hit this week (I think). Her Love You All gets a 5-turn heal added to her elemental resistance equal to 2,000HP+SPR*1.5 heal; per turn heal for 5 turns to entire party.

What's great about this is that it frees Marie up from healing/elemenal resistance duties. Meaning that she has a good 4 more turns before you needs to cast Love You All again. In between those turns she can cast her Loverly Guard which, enhanced, does full status resistance and has comes with Protectga/Shellga(+40% DEF/SPR) built-on, or reflect on your tank. Her spare turns also make her ideal for abilities like Bushido Freedom.

But with Rikku's and 9S's TM, you can also boost LB, debuff enemy stats, or cast that -40% damage reduction to your allies with those spare turns. And between elemental resistance, status-resistance, DEF/SPR boost, and 9S's -40% damage reduction; that Love You All healing output goes a long way.

Her anti-element, which is a -40% Imperil, is also increasingly useful, especially as we've recently been getting multi-element units (like Lunera, Bran), multi-element chainer setups, and have gotten units that don't have built-in Imperil; such as A2, 2B (except for lighting, but not of first turn), and Onion Knight.

What's great about Marie is that she fills a ton of support roles by herself; especially with 9S & Rikku's TM. And she does a lot of things, full elemental resistance, all elemental imperil, and status resistance, better than any other unit in this game.

Menchi

Been a while since I've posted as been busy on Stormblood. Did 4 tickets today, got my first non-guaranteed 5* since TGC way back when, which ended up being Fohlen. Was a little disappointed it wasn't a banner one but ehh, he's pretty good right?

Do the 10+1 tickets only pull non-limited units? I was going to use my 3 for this banner but if they don't work I'll save them for a little while

Rixa

Poor Donkey Kong Country, sacrificing himself for the greater good. Doing only 3.4m 2nd hit.

Screenshot_20170814-170759.png

6.2m total damage, so nice to ohko things. I just need to get my FV to 100 and then I swap it to Noctis (Link 30% atk) and get 80% atk...

Pejo

Gold Member
10+1 ticket netted me all junk, not even any good TM related units. What's this spear glitch with 2B you guys were talking about?

Also, I continue to throw all tickets at Nier banner praying for 2B, but I get nothing. Meanwhile, Gumi is like:

:mad:

NomarTyme

I was going to try it but then NomarTyme said it didn't work for him so I didn't bother. I'll give it a go anyways.

Problem is it's not just the connection, it's the in game lag I'm getting. It could be my phone but people were complaining about it before it started happening to me, so that's why I assume it's because of the maintenance they did.
Honestly it's been running good today. Knock on wood. Good luck.
I must have missed him saying that, either way it couldn't hurt, and doesn't take long. If you were to turn off wifi, does the problem ever happen? (I wonder if this is similar to the time many people couldn't log in for being blocked sorta?)
I think what worked for me was that I exited to the start screen after getting logged off. If I go straight back to the earth shrine then I immediately get the log in shit.

Dandte

Poor Donkey Kong Country, sacrificing himself for the greater good. Doing only 3.4m 2nd hit.

6.2m total damage, so nice to ohko things. I just need to get my FV to 100 and then I swap it to Noctis (Link 30% atk) and get 80% atk...

As soon as i read link...

Some games have link feature for specific units or series, i wouldn't be surprised if this will be implemented in the feature.
f.e. if 3 more Ff iii units are in your team, boost their hp by 15%. If you have 3 villain units in their team start with full lb bars or if you have 3 or more summoner start with a full summoning bar.

Also, do we have any news about the unit calculator?

robotuw

No way in hell I'm blowing the new 10+1. I got everything I wanted from Nier and now I'm back in full save mode for the foreseeable future. Congrats to those who got something nice though!

10+1 ticket netted me all junk, not even any good TM related units. What's this spear glitch with 2B you guys were talking about?

Basically, people discovered that on older apple devices 2B's spear ability is broken. Sometimes it will do only one damage and sometimes it will do billions of damage and insta-kill anything. The conditions are inconsistent but it seems to be:
  • Only on old devices (an iPad 2 worked for me, an iPhone 4 did not)
  • Only on the second hit (so 2B needs dual wield)
  • Only on machine type enemies.
  • Keeping her atk as low as possible seemed to help for me too.

I guess the machine killer effect is borked and causes an int overflow. People are killing Aigaion in 3 turns with the trick.

Here's the reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6t5kmb/testing_out_2bs_r050_spear_on_aigaion/

It works with a friend 2B so if people want my shitty 2B let me know. (She really is bad for now until I level her more)

Marie is legit my favorite unit. I've been waiting for her enhancements forever. She's basically standing in an active volcano while lightning rains down upon her, twirling that damn beret and shouting, "Come at me, bro."

Vashetti

Banned

Also, I continue to throw all tickets at Nier banner praying for 2B, but I get nothing. Meanwhile, Gumi is like:

:mad:

How do you get the TM% to display like that?

evangd007

Used the 10+1 ticket. 3 new units: Nine, Beach Time Fina, and Heltich, rest was 3* trash.. My Cyan and Galuf TMRs are now at 20% each. Still waiting for a second Zidane. I'll try a normal 10+1 for Nier tonight.

bonkeng

Definitely want to use this 10+1 ticket but kinda hesitant! Wth

Wow your luck is nuts lately bonkeng. Send some vibes my way!

I hope you get rained with rainbows soon. And not the troll types too.

Dude everytime you post about your pulls is about casually pulling Rainbows like its nothing...lol - congrats. Really impressive xD

Lol. It's kind of bittersweet because although they're 5* base, they're also totally useless to me, except for FV which I was really happy. Roberta and Luneth might as well be 9S and I'll still be equally happy lol.

Otheradam

No way in hell I'm blowing the new 10+1. I got everything I wanted from Nier and now I'm back in full save mode for the foreseeable future. Congrats to those who got something nice though!

Basically, people discovered that on older apple devices 2B's spear ability is broken. Sometimes it will do only one damage and sometimes it will do billions of damage and insta-kill anything. The conditions are inconsistent but it seems to be:
  • Only on old devices (an iPad 2 worked for me, an iPhone 4 did not)
  • Only on the second hit (so 2B needs dual wield)
  • Only on machine type enemies.
  • Keeping her atk as low as possible seemed to help for me too.

I guess the machine killer effect is borked and causes an int overflow. People are killing Aigaion in 3 turns with the trick.

Here's the reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6t5kmb/testing_out_2bs_r050_spear_on_aigaion/

It works with a friend 2B so if people want my shitty 2B let me know. (She really is bad for now until I level her more)

So that's why I see people doing 9999999999 damage on the raid?

SOLDIER

For those offering to help with friend requests, here's my info:

mh00fZf.jpg

Appreciate the help. I'm quite behind on this game, but I really want to earn all those NieR characters.

Appreciate the help. I'm quite behind on this game, but I really want to earn all those NieR characters.

Friend request from TbkGaf sent! You're going to want to add "Gaf" to your greeting so we don't accidentally delete you later.

Rixa

Friend request from TbkGaf sent! You're going to want to add "Gaf" to your greeting so we don't accidentally delete you later.

^^
What TBK said. Add GAF to your greeting. Also you might want to use 200 Lapis or so to friend slots (you get 5 friend slots more per 100 Lapis used).

RixGAF send you and friend request. Accept it and enjoy my Tidus in Raid every 3 hours (thats the time it takes friend unit to be reusable).
Use: Quick Hit and Limit Burst (in every 5 turn)
Free ticket to Raid victory.

datamage

Sent you a request. My "main" character isn't that amazing, but should still be decent enough to help out.

mh00fZf.jpg

And sent. Anyone else want to try 2B, I have her up now. Still leveling her but she puts up some good numbers. ID is 737,852,652, a couple more spots available. If it fills up I'll just add a few more spots.

Muku

I've had the Please Log-In crap for days now. But I noticed yesterday, and able to repeat today, that if I have JP running in background while trying to play GL, it gives that error since emergency maint. But, if I close JP from the background and reload GL, it seems to work right now.

Congrats to everyone on your pulls! (And condolences to the crappy pulls.)

Welcome back! Only thing to keep in mind is if you have some event equipment you'd like to keep. Things like Creepy Mask from Halloween are good... so if you restart, you'll be without those items.

If you reroll for a new account though, prepare yourself for the long haul.

Edit: Well I tried Aigaion. I killed him first, then went left arm. Didn't think it'd respawn without him there but it did. Is there a way to go about it to finish it? I mean, after I killed Aigaion, they ended up killing tank and healer.

robotuw

Edit: Well I tried Aigaion. I killed him first, then went left arm. Didn't think it'd respawn without him there but it did. Is there a way to go about it to finish it? I mean, after I killed Aigaion, they ended up killing tank and healer.

I did body, right, then left and that seemed to work.

Edit: Nice, just realized I'm exactly halfway to an adventurer V (1.8k relics)

SOLDIER

Thanks to some of the friend invites I was able to stomp the ADV raid boss and just barely squeak by PRO.

But is there a limit to how many times you can use a friend's unit? They aren't showing up anymore.

For maximum grind which of the raid difficulties should I just run over and over?

Kouriozan

Thanks to some of the friend invites I was able to stomp the ADV raid boss and just barely squeak by PRO.

But is there a limit to how many times you can use a friend's unit? They aren't showing up anymore.

For maximum grind which of the raid difficulties should I just run over and over?

Friends used are available again after 3 hours.

Top Bottom