• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

bonkeng

How about 5 rainbows in 150 pulls? Luneth, A2, Orlandeau, Queen and DV(this one was from my first 5* ticket), no dupes but no 9S either. Done spending on this banner so I'll pray for a miracle daily 9S or yolo ticket/
That's certainly beyond above average. 1 rainbow per 30 pulls is just plain envious. But.... No 9S though. That hurts. Hopefully you'll snag him on a daily.

i feel not having dandelga puts me in a serious disadvange against this fucking tentacle...
Why? Malboros are not weak to fire. Or what tentacles are you talking about?

Syntsui

That's certainly beyond above average. 1 rainbow per 30 pulls is just plain envious. But.... No 9S though. That hurts. Hopefully you'll snag him on a daily.

Why? Malboros are not weak to fire. Or what tentacles are you talking about?
Pretty much everyone that beat the trial is using two 2B with fire weapons to take advantage of Ace's imperil. But indeed there is absolutely no need to have Dandelga as we have two good fire weapons available for free already.

evangd007

15 tickets and a daily on evening pulls. Got a new Grace, third Eve, and a DKC. 9S #2 still evades me. 165 tickets to go.

I hope this ticket for 5 dailies is a permanent thing. Makes me feel far more secure spending when I know I have steady, reliable income.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Aileen worth investing in?

And F farming brilliant rays. Need so many. Vortex dungeon sucks.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Aileen worth investing in?

And F farming brilliant rays. Need so many. Vortex dungeon sucks.

Hell yes.

She is one of the best now and with Enhancements, is still on top of the JP charts.

Also, don't farm the Vortex dungeon. If you can avoid it, wait till the next Mog King. All those materials are dirt cheap and you don't need to waste energy

tuffymon

Honestly, I spend the most lapis on fraggin' space. Recently it's equipment space. Going through the story just drops so much crap on us.

I hope they start giving us those tickets for slot expansions soon.

It's encouraged to buy the exclusive/limited equipment during Mog events and it soon fills up your inventory.

I've started upgrading my character slots on Sunday, 1x every week, not enough to hurt me, but slowly increasing and giving me breathing room. I may consider it with equipment in the future, we've been getting a lot of gear lately, and even that +50 is going by fast.

Broseybrose

Since I didnt pull any worthwhile Nier units, Im using the Cactaur Dunes to level the all the off banner good units I pulled ie. Wilhelm, 2x Earth Veritas, Ashe, Orran, Vicky#2, and Chic Ariana.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hell yes.

She is one of the best now and with Enhancements, is still on top of the JP charts.

Also, don't farm the Vortex dungeon. If you can avoid it, wait till the next Mog King. All those materials are dirt cheap and you don't need to waste energy

Ah mog king seems to come once a month so maybe it'll come after Nier? Also is this cactus event something that happens every weekend?

Xion86

i feel not having dandelga puts me in a serious disadvange against this fucking tentacle...

Damn, even you struggling with ELT? :/

I have no idea who I'd even consider trying it with, don't think I have the units...I mean maybe Tilith, Warrior of Light, Ace, Rikku, Noctis?....would Dark Fina do anything?

Syntsui

I had 32 2B Moogles before pulling her and I guarantee there is something fucked up about those rates. Even on JP, where I experienced two raids already, the odds were quite peculiar to say the least.

It took me 40 Prompto Moogles before finishing Aranea on XV raid. Then on Bravely Default I didn't pull any of the 5* units and both Moogles were showering like it was the end of the world. Thankfully we can fuse them there, so it is not that big of a deal like it is here.

Kouriozan

Oh man, I macro-ed all worthwhile TMs and now I have 27 10% Moogles and 33 5% ones eating 60 slots that I start to need, with nothing interesting to get anymore.
We need the Trust Moogle fusion feature JP has NOW x)

EDarkness

Did a few pulls and used my 10+1 saved up and ended up with not much to show for it except another 9S, Rasler, and a few characters I don't mind having extras since I want their TMRs.

Looks like 2B will elude me this time around. Though, I do have a few days left and I have a lot of lapis that I can get by doing story missions, which would give me another 10+1 lapis pull. I guess we'll see how that goes, but I'm not holding my breath. Gotta admit that this has seriously been a ride. I'm not upset, though as A2 is awesome and I ended up with 2 9S units. Lots of folks ended up with less than that.

Though, I'll probably save the moogles I have for 2B's TMR. Who knows what the future will hold.

Muku

15 tickets and a daily on evening pulls. Got a new Grace, third Eve, and a DKC. 9S #2 still evades me. 165 tickets to go.

I hope this ticket for 5 dailies is a permanent thing. Makes me feel far more secure spending when I know I have steady, reliable income.

I am still looking for just one 9S. ;_;

Which 2 fire GS are you guys using and where do you get them? I do have an excalibur and a weaker light GS I can use once my 2nd 2B gets leveled up, but I was wonder what free fire GS there are since I don't think I have them atm. Also where do you get Eccentrick? I have 2 Rikku's, but only 1 is leveled. I also need to level my 9S. What's the most time effective way to get these characters up to speed (since I don't think I have the patience to exploration grind)?

Syntsui

Which 2 fire GS are you guys using and where do you get them? I do have an excalibur and a weaker light GS I can use once my 2nd 2B gets leveled up, but I was wonder what free fire GS there are since I don't think I have them atm. Also where do you get Eccentrick? I have 2 Rikku's, but only 1 is leveled. I also need to level my 9S. What's the most time effective way to get these characters up to speed (since I don't think I have the patience to exploration grind)?
Crimson Sabre is Rain's trial GS weapon. Dandelga, the most powerful fire GS, is a TM from the limited unit called Vargas, that is not available anymore. The other powerful fire weapon is Chirijiraden, a katana from the very first Tactics event a year ago. If you missed the katana I'm afraid your best option would be getting Flametongue, a fire sword, from some story quest or chest.

Celegus

Wife used 40 or so more tickets trying for 9S or A2/2B... got a rainbow... Luneth (but already has enhanced DKC). Ugh, she could really stand to catch a break sometime.

Crimson Sabre is Rain's trial GS weapon. Dandelga, the most powerful fire GS, is a TM from the limited unit called Vargas, that is not available anymore. The other powerful fire weapon is Chirijiraden, a katana from the very first Tactics event a year ago. If you missed the katana I'm afraid your best option would be getting Flametongue, a fire sword, from some story quest or chest.

Thanks, I can't get any of them except Rain's sword and the Flametongue I guess. I'm sort of surprised there is no support unit who gives other units elemental attacks, sort of like how in Xenosaga 2, you can element sword your whole team and get a chain going (basically the only way to make battles bearable in the game since they take forever).

tuffymon

Flame lance works for some too

Shouta

Thanks, I can't get any of them except Rain's sword and the Flametongue I guess. I'm sort of surprised there is no support unit who gives other units elemental attacks, sort of like how in Xenosaga 2, you can element sword your whole team and get a chain going (basically the only way to make battles bearable in the game since they take forever).

I think JP only has a TM that gives imbues to a character that equips it, I think. The outside of the box support units right now give Killer effects to physical and magical characters but not imbues, at least off the top of my head.

AkumaNiko

Thanks .99c ticket!

wfTDzzAl.jpg

Syntsui

All i am missing is Ace!!! Need someone with an aoe imperil. I have two rikku but the seconds lb isnt maxed at all so theres that too.
Beach Fina has AoE water imperil, provided you have some Brotherhoods or Aqua Swords catching dust in your inventory that could be quite useful... xD

Thanks brave Exvius, I just bought Nier:Automata because of you.

Happy square Enix?!? HAPPY?

This is the best thing to come out of the Nier banner.

In regards to the malboro , I understand Ace is good for fire imperil, but I don't have him. Does anyone think Fire Veritas could possibly take his place? Or does Aces' role bring more to the table than just the imperil?

In regards to the malboro , I understand Ace is good for fire imperil, but I don't have him. Does anyone think Fire Veritas could possibly take his place? Or does Aces' role bring more to the table than just the imperil?

One of the links I posted a page or two back shows a successful kill with FV.

Syntsui

Yeah sure. Ace is ideal because the imperil is AoE and 2B attacks used are all AoE and the fight is muuuuuuch easier but it should be doable with other more annoying means.

Broseybrose

What makes Ashe so valuable in arena or otherwise?

I just leveled her to 100 and all I can see is a magic damage move that can chain and heal. So you really need 2 of her for her to be good?

And she also has the ability to cure status ailments, but needs a ribbon herself if shes going to replace Ling.

Also, rate your top 3 tanks!

Im curious the order GAF puts Wilhelm, EV, and WoL!
screw WKN

Im leveling Wilhelm and EV to 100 this weekend!

edit - Wow, Mechanical Heart is an incredible tank TM. Im using WoL to tank ELT raid and he just keeps healing himself back to max HP after taking all the damage for the team!

bonkeng

I just leveled her to 100 and all I can see is a magic damage move that can chain and heal. So you really need 2 of her for her to be good?

And she also has the ability to cure status ailments, but needs a ribbon herself if shes going to replace Ling.

screw WKN

edit - Wow, Mechanical Heart is an incredible tank TM. Im using WoL to tank ELT raid and he just keeps healing himself back to max HP after taking all the damage for the team!
Purely speaking as tanks, Wilhelm is the best.

But if we consider versatility, then EV is the best followed closely by WoL.

If you have all 3 and can only max 1, EV is the best choice.

If you already maxed Wil and Wol, there's no need to max EV asap.

Syntsui

screw WKN

Ashe has a serviseable AoE magic attack that chains and heals the party at the same time, yes you need two of her. It is enough to kill everyone at the arena but absolutely needs a finisher to actually do anything against bosses that are worth the slightest shit.

Broseybrose

Purely speaking as tanks, Wilhelm is the best.

But if we consider versatility, then EV is the best followed closely by WoL.

If you have all 3 and can only max 1, EV is the best choice.

If you already maxed Wilhelm and WoL, there's no need to max EV asap.

Yeah I was thinking pure tanking. I know its situational when considering versatility.

Ashe has a serviseable AoE magic attack that chains and heals the party at the same time, yes you need two of her. It is enough to kill everyone at the arena but absolutely needs a finisher to actually do anything against bosses that are worth the slightest shit.
Awesome, thanks for the explanation!

Broseybrose

How crucial is 9S? I pulled 2B and am somewhat new to the game. His TM is really goodnight asssuming?

I wish I could tell you. Ive been pulling on this Nier banner like crazy and have gotten so many off banner golds its not even funny. Ive only been able to get Eve.

But yeah, 9S TM is the talk of the town these days.

Syntsui

How crucial is 9S? I pulled 2B and am somewhat new to the game. His TM is really goodnight asssuming?
I'd say his TM is essential specially for new players because it allows every unit to chain and also provides one of the best physical mitigation skills but... As a new player you probably will barely get enough Moogles for one TM and the rates to get 9S are much worse than we imagined so... Do dailies, maybe use the tickets you get and just hope for the best.

tuffymon

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Holy shit JP is getting a Global Raid and a Global banner with Reberta, Ling, Xon and Aiden. This is super unexpected, I wonder how much better they can make them.

Guess they figured enough was enough, they wanted a piece of the cool units~ Maybe Nier WILL come back then, so they can pick up A2 and Eve >.>; How'd Olive get left out and Yun >.>; Baby steps I guess

LucaMac

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Holy shit JP is getting a Global Raid and a Global banner with Reberta, Ling, Xon and Aiden. This is super unexpected, I wonder how much better they can make them.

Yea just jumped on board the thread to say this. Was using the half stamina campaign to raise up my lapis for doing the three step 11 pulls on the the healer banner when it comes back...by this? A chance at ling?

Top Bottom