• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

The new FFBE GL Update vid just came out. Notable news:

- Ayaka, Sylvia, and Gouken are in the next Story Event release.

- We will be able to fuse TM moogles in the next couple of weeks.

- We are receiving two expansion slot vouchers as a reward for the Update anniversary.

- Nier collaboration could come back, but not anytime soon.

I think that's about it.

LucaMac

Wait, what happened to Hippo? I thought he only quit, but I can't find him on my fl anymore. Did he got banned or something?

He removed himself from friend lists I think. I ran him as a friend unit just as he did it I think as I was offered to add him...

Alkez

I'm just posting to offer proof of life.

Lol! Yeah I guess I should probably say I'm still alive and around too. I think I've posted once in the last 2 weeks. The thread just kind of died after Nier and I never realised how much of my interest in this game was tied to this place.

I've gone super casual with BE. Not really used my nrg for a while and barely done the raid, but trying to get back into it today. I took a day off to see if I wanted to quit (just logged in to send gifts) but realised I still enjoy the game, I'm just very burnt out on the grind, hence why I've gone casual now.

My FL seems to have been decimated, so many people have quit. Really sad to see Val and Hippo go. Even with the negative atmosphere I never expected to see them two go. Then again I never thought I would consider leaving too lol.

Anyways if there's any new guys my code is 632 536 652.

- We are receiving two expansion slot vouchers as a reward for the Update anniversary.

I think that's about it.
Some good news actually. Moogle fusion is a must!

Hope Ayaka brings some folks back after some time off.

Question, is there anyone else that didn't get the 7 3* EX tickets? Or is this another Gumi fuckup where some people got stuff. Support is telling me you have to log in from 9/15-10/6 to receive them which is actually what I thought was the case. But it sounds like people received the tickets?

Kouriozan

I think that's about it.

Told you guys in Discord that Ayaka wouldn't be too soon, should be in 18 days !
I need Moogle fusion ASAP, would gain like 50 slots with it.

Celegus

Wait, what happened to Hippo? I thought he only quit, but I can't find him on my fl anymore. Did he got banned or something?

Not sure... he said about not being able to log in to the game on his home wi-fi which sounds like a possible IP ban, and then just completely vanished. Seemed strange to just outright quit so suddenly, but who knows.

bonkeng

He removed himself from friend lists I think. I ran him as a friend unit just as he did it I think as I was offered to add him...

Not sure... he said about not being able to log in to the game on his home wi-fi which sounds like a possible IP ban, and then just completely vanished. Seemed strange to just outright quit so suddenly, but who knows.

Yeah. If he did remove us from his fl, kinda weird thing to do since he's already quitting. I see no point in removing himself. But anyway, that's his choice. Was looking for her TTerra for companion and was wondering why I can't seem to find his unit on fl.

Awesome!

Having terrible luck with single gold banners, so naturally I can't wait to see how good my fortunes will be with a double gold banner.

Ayaka also does not get me excited. I know I won't pull her or the golds so, yeah... :(

Sadly this is how I'm going to feel about every single banner going forward. Shame.

Whizkid7

Gumi : "Nier will come back in the future!"

New flash idiots, that banner being gone isn't why people got upset and quit.

No but the obscene amount of money they made off it is probably why it'll come back. Ugh. Theyre not going to learn the right lesson from this.

No but the obscene amount of money they made off it is probably why it'll come back. Ugh. Theyre not going to learn the right lesson from this.

The latest video shows they learned nothing and I doubt Nier return would have the same financial success it did the last time.

My take from it?

"Hey guys, we know you're upset Nier is gone, but no worries because it might come back!"

"What's more? We will give you more unit slots for your year old shit 3* & 4*s and maybe a sprinkle here and there of 4* max units!"

"NOW GIVE US YOUR MONEY!"

We want rate increases or at the least some transparency on what current rates are because it's way too common to get REALLY old units. It's almost as if *gasp* they increased rates on super old units to encourage people to need to pull more, which is precisely why people are getting fed up and quitting.

I'm just getting more aggravated now because I'm watching as this community crumbles day after day and it's upsetting.

The latest video shows they learned nothing and I doubt Nier return would have the same financial success it did the last time.

My take from it?

"Hey guys, we know you're upset Nier is gone, but no worries because it might come back!"

"What's more? We will give you more unit slots for your year old shit 3* & 4*s and maybe a sprinkle here and there of 4* max units!"

"NOW GIVE US YOUR MONEY!"

We want rate increases or at the least some transparency on what current rates are because it's way too common to get REALLY old units. It's almost as if *gasp* they increased rates on super old units to encourage people to need to pull more, which is precisely why people are getting fed up and quitting.

I'm just getting more aggravated now because I'm watching as this community crumbles day after day and it's upsetting.

My knee jerk reaction would have been to say that the pull rates have always been this bad, it's just the unit pool is so much larger that you have a much bigger chance of pulling shit.

But then this weekend I pulled Lani, Bedile, and Anzelm with my free pulls. Even for RNG standards that's some straight up bullshit.

My knee jerk reaction would have been to say that the pull rates have always been this bad, it's just the unit pool is so much larger that you have a much bigger chance of pulling shit.

But then this weekend I pulled Lani, Bedile, and Anzelm with my free pulls. Even for RNG standards that's some straight up bullshit.

I don't think they've always been this bad either, even though we had some ugly period like Zidane. Just think about how many 3* units are currently in the pool from various banners throughout a year plus.

Why do we constantly pull the 3* units from super old banners way way more often than any other?

Just this past week for example I used all my EX tickets, two dailies and like 3-4 tickets and I would wager that at least 10 of them were from FFXIII banner (first one) or earlier. Heck my entire EX pulls were from that time period.

I even bet someone that using their final two tickets would net them units from that period and lo and behold they pulled a Fang and Vanille. :D

That tells me something ain't right. Even my one gold in that time period ended up being Rosa. That's launch period.

Dandte

Congrats on the great pull!

One step closer to another Equip Spear!

Just watched the update Video.

Producer: Two expansion tickets for everyone
Shaly clapping: I'm clapping but i don't know what it is.
Sol:
Explains it

This (shaly) was literally me a few days ago on discord.

Just watched the update Video.

Producer: Two expansion tickets for everyone
Shaly clapping: I'm clapping but i don't know what it is.
Sol:
Explains it

This (shaly) was literally me a few days ago on discord.

Goes to show how truly oblivious they are then.

Also glad to hear you're on your way to Equip Spear #2! Now you can setup multiple dragoon jumping team with a still broken jump mechanic!

I'm so jealous.

Maybe I should suit up my Reberta and use her big jump skill that doesn't make any use of her killer or elemental abilities! Then if you have one, we can chain nerfed damage!

Holy hell, seems there has been a big jump for Raid. Just got manhandled for the third fight in a row.

Fuck ELT. Not even debuffing this guy and he can manage to one turn my entire squad.

How do you even prep for these attacks?

Niahak

Holy hell, seems there has been a big jump for Raid. Just got manhandled for the third fight in a row.

Fuck ELT. Not even debuffing this guy and he can manage to one turn my entire squad.

How do you even prep for these attacks?

Lots of people using Dark Veritas' 100% Dark Resist skill.

ATK/MAG debuffs don't make him counter-attack. I use:
Soleil's SPR buff dance (+1, don't have mats for +2)
Marie's Love You All +2
Orlandeau's Crush Weapon

That's enough to get me through a couple rounds at least.

Lots of people using Dark Veritas' 100% Dark Resist skill.

ATK/MAG debuffs don't make him counter-attack. I use:
Soleil's SPR buff dance (+1, don't have mats for +2)
Marie's Love You All +2
Orlandeau's Crush Weapon

That's enough to get me through a couple rounds at least.

Not sure how long it will hold him off, but I'm doing full stat buff with Tilith, Pod53 TM skill for physical dmg reduction and then hitting WoL with autorevive with Rem, WoL using Light is With Us to soak up hits.

I won this round. Now to see how I do next battle.

RedZaraki

Banned
Looked at Ayaka, and she's definitely good but the thing is that she does not offer elemental resists, limit break fill rate, or amazing buffs.

She's like a cross between Refia and Tilith.

Definitely the best healer, but I don't think she's meta-changing or anything.

vato_loco

Guys. GUYS.

All of you with the absurdly strong characters who are my friends on BE: thank you so goddamn much.

I'm advancing pretty damn fast, and I'm spamming that Shadow Lord every time I get. The rewards are pretty good for a noob, too. I even did a couple of Chamber of the Fallen guys and managed to beat them pretty easily with a couple of your A2's.

Alkez, I added you too.

I'm starting to get a relatively non-shitty team with the pulls I do with lapis. Right now I've got a 5* Ace, and 4* Refia, Ashe, Zyrus and Setzer. They're by no means a solid bunch, but they're way better than what I had just yesterday. Also they're helping me understand what's the deal with this Chain thing you keep talking about.

Dumb question: where are my Squalls and Rinoas and Quistises and Seifers and Zells? Hell, where are my Clouds and Tifas and Aerises and Barrets and Red XIIIs?

Not sure how long it will hold him off, but I'm doing full stat buff with Tilith, Pod53 TM skill for physical dmg reduction and then hitting WoL with autorevive with Rem, WoL using Light is With Us to soak up hits.

I won this round. Now to see how I do next battle.

I'm not sure if you have Soleil and have her skills enhanced, but if you put the Pod on WoL to use A060 and do the dance circuit with Soleil, you won't die. Like... ever. I haven't had a unit die in my last 20+ ELT raid runs using that combo.

And if you put Mechanical Heart on WoL, he will self heal back to full almost each round. I bring along Tilith and I would say 90% of the time I just guard with her because no one needs anything. The only time I really use her is to remove paralyze/blind.

I'm not sure if you have Soleil and have her skills enhanced, but if you put the Pod on WoL to use A060 and do the dance circuit with Soleil, you won't die. Like... ever. I haven't had a unit die in my last 20+ ELT raid runs using that combo.

And if you put Mechanical Heart on WoL, he will self heal back to full almost each round. I bring along Tilith and I would say 90% of the time I just guard with her because no one needs anything. The only time I really use her is to remove paralyze/blind.

Soleil is currently at level 83.

Worried about Enhancements because I'm worried I'll do that and then Ramza will show up and my crysts will be gone. :(

To this day I have yet to do a single enhancement. Been saving everything for Ramza and both of my Orlandeau.

Niahak

Dumb question: where are my Squalls and Rinoas and Quistises and Seifers and Zells? Hell, where are my Clouds and Tifas and Aerises and Barrets and Red XIIIs?

FF7-8 are not in yet, presumably so they can build hype around them.

FF7 (at least Cloud/Seph, I don't recall who else) is in on the JPN version but not here yet. FF8 is MIA.

From FF15 only Noctis is in for us, other characters are in JPN.

The characters in JPN are probably at least a few months away, although the schedule's been super unpredictable. Characters not on JPN are likely several months away if they're planned yet at all.

See https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Update_Schedule for more detailed info - if it has "Released" it's in our version of the game.

/edit: On reviewing the update schedule, Cloud might be closer than I thought... but Gumi of course has the final say, and we still don't have Balthier.

CGwizz

In the raid prizes there anything that is not tickets good? Or its only shit for the ff11 units, i am not pulling i dont care about these units. Dont have the motivation to waste time on this raid to be honest.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Depending on my friend unit, I prefer when he buffs SPR first because I hate having two turns to take him out, getting him down to like 5% health, then having to sit through three turns of SPR.

Uhhh scratch that. Swapped out Onion Knight for Luneth and can take the boss out in 1 turn with friend A2 or friend Luneth.

My first 5-Star pulling weight better than my latest 5-star. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the raid prizes there anything that is not tickets good? Or its only shit for the ff11 units, i am not pulling i dont care about these units. Dont have the motivation to waste time on this raid to be honest.

The gear is quite good for certain builds but like anything else its mostly meant to beef up players that are behind the curve

Still for gearing out expedition units or giving more slots with passive stat boosts its quite robust

Im quite pleased with the gear and how easy it is to make

The raid summons are gigantuars, snappers, and king cactuars. Plus all the mats to build the equipment. Personally, with the boost to the enhancement rate going on, I'm pulling to level up a few units that I've been meaning to level but just didn't have cactuars to spare (like Victoria and Veritas of the Heavens). And the snappers are definitely welcome right now since I've completely obliterated my gil reserve on enhancements and expeditions.

As far as the global update...

lame. Again the good will will likely never return and i suspect that the better environment available in JP wont reach us for some time

Until they close that gap its going to be a shit show in global

They got way to nasty and greedy. Im still playing but im all casual and no more spending for me

Im totally with the rest of the OG crew that quit though and strongly considering it myself.

lame. Again the good will will likely never return and i suspect that the better environment available in JP wont reach us for some time

They got way to nasty and greedy. Im still playing but im all casual and no more spending for me

Im totally with the rest of the OG crew that quit though and strongly considering it myself.

Not considering quitting but I'm sticking to my guns and am f2p/minnow at best. Dropping no more than $50 a month on this game. When I look back at how much I've spent on this game I really feel disgusted with myself. I still enjoy the game but god damn Scumi is really milking the GL population.

I won't quit until this season's story ends. But my interest level is practically zero ... mostly because, for games like these, it's the community that matters. I really miss the OG atmosphere.

I said this in Discord but: all they really had to do was add a pity counter on banner units (i.e., the fourth gold you pull is guaranteed to be a banner gold) and NOT do shit like adding double golds to screw with rates and most problems would dissipate.

Oh, and demote some 3*s to 2* and 4*s to 3*s. Having Fang and Russell be rare summons is inexcusable, whereas someone like Helena could easily be a 3* (or at least be treated like one - automatic blue to gold, I guess).

That, and the spacing of events is rather terrible. They know, based upon JP, which events are stinkers - like this raid.

Not considering quitting my I'm sticking to my guns and am f2p/minnow at best. Dropping no more than $50 a month on this game. When I look back at how much I've spent on this game I really feel disgusted with myself. I still enjoy the game but god damn Scumi is really milking the GL population.

The sheer disparity with JP makes it obvious

They have every intention of exploiting the larger numbers and bad habits (and lack of regulations) in the global market

we should seriously not reward bad behavior since thats our only option at the moment

Im not sure gacha regulations are coming anytime soon at least where i live

Its just low to non-existent on the priority list lol

We don't need regulations.

Just stop giving them money.

None of this "I'll spend $50 a month". Spend $0, period. Odds are that $50 will result in shit anyways.

Things only change when they feel the hurt financially. As long as people keep giving them money they will have no incentive to ever bring better things to Global.

They know full well that all they need to do is throw a limited unit here or a global exclusive there and people will throw money their way again.

We need to change that mindset of theirs.

Oh right, we got some new people. FL number is 737,852,652.

ELT still isn't too bad for me, with 2B/A2 chains with friends, rikku spamming LB, and Rem with a ribbon taking care of any status effects. Only takes about two rounds to chain him down as is. Still kind of annoying.

Top Bottom